Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by louknees
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2012-07-28_12.40.48.jpg
    2012-07-28_12.06.04.jpg
    2012-07-28_13.56.15.jpg

#1 11 years ago

I was thinking about going to California Extreme this year to play some pins. For those in the know, how is CE for the pinball experience? Should I be looking to plan a weekend to the Pinball Hall of Fame instead, if I want to enjoy true Pinbliss?

I'm looking for a weekend get away I can drive to from SoCal, so as much as I would love to go to PAPA, I don't believe it is in the cards this year.

Thanks in advance!

#2 11 years ago

It is great for pinball.

Here is a list of the games, and most of them play awesome!!!! Plus you get the added value of rare video games.

http://www.caextreme.org/games2013

#3 11 years ago

Definitely, definitely go to CAEX! Great pinball show, and an overall good experience. A bunch of us from LA Pinball League usually go up, if you want to share a ride.

#4 11 years ago

I've been the last 4 years, all very fun!

#5 11 years ago

I hope I can make to this year's CAX.

#6 11 years ago

Very worth it, lots of great pins all playing very well, and even if you are not a big video game guy they have so many old rare ones you will find yourself drawn to them as well.

#7 11 years ago

Its fantastic for pins and great people!

#8 11 years ago

Pics from 2012

Great show

2012-07-28_13.56.15.jpg2012-07-28_13.56.15.jpg 2012-07-28_12.06.04.jpg2012-07-28_12.06.04.jpg 2012-07-28_12.40.48.jpg2012-07-28_12.40.48.jpg

#9 11 years ago

Plenty of pins and a some rare titles and newer games as well.
    CAX is a great show.

If you want just pins Pin A Go Go fits the bill.

http://pinagogo.org/

#10 11 years ago

I have missed out on this thing for too long going to go 2 days if I can swing it.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from jimjim66:

It is great for pinball.
    Here is a list of the games, and most of them play awesome!!!! Plus you get the added value of rare video games.
    http://www.caextreme.org/games2013

Holy cow! There's 160 pins listed there. That sounds amazing!

Quoted from PinballMolly:

Definitely, definitely go to CAEX! Great pinball show, and an overall good experience. A bunch of us from LA Pinball League usually go up, if you want to share a ride.

Excellent! Thank you Molly! I may just have to take you up on that one

Thanks for the photos, pinwille! It looks amazing!

Quoted from tracelifter:

Plenty of pins and a some rare titles and newer games as well.
    CAX is a great show.
    If you want just pins Pin A Go Go fits the bill.
    http://pinagogo.org/

Oh no, now I'm considering attempting going to both. Thanks for the info!

#12 11 years ago

California Extreme is an awesome event. I've been going for a while now and have a blast each year. Hope you can make it!

#13 11 years ago

Yes, as everybody says, excellent for pins. Be sure to be there when it opens and get as much playing time in before the afternoon. At that point you will be waiting in line to play, although it's usually just waiting for the person to finish their game (as you stand over their shoulder chanting "drain drain drain" ).

#14 11 years ago

This will be my first Cal Extreme and Pin a Go Go. Have to fill the void with no PPE this year.

#15 11 years ago

Completely worth it! Tons of pinball, really fun show. You should definitely go!

#16 11 years ago

+1 to everything said.

I personally enjoyed CAX so much that I'm bringing my brother and oldest nephew this year! I truly enjoyed all the classic vids in addition to all the great pins. Best of both worlds for me!

#17 11 years ago

Drove down with a friend last year toe attend CAX. We each took a pin to the show. I think I counted right at 150 pinball machines. Really enjoyed going to it. Going to go to Pin-A-Go-Go this year.

Carey

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from LordCrom:

Holy cow! There's 160 pins listed there. That sounds amazing!

Excellent! Thank you Molly! I may just have to take you up on that one
    Thanks for the photos, pinwille! It looks amazing!

Oh no, now I'm considering attempting going to both. Thanks for the info!

You should go to both. Very different shows but both are really good at what they do.

#19 11 years ago

Really looking forward to Pin-A-Go-Go, hoping to be headed home with a new addition to the game room. Hope to meet some fellow Pinsiders as well!

#20 11 years ago

Got my hotel room and plane tickets booked for CAX last week... looking forward to playing lots of games and meeting some people!

#21 11 years ago
    Quoted from ghostrachel:

meeting some people!

Well, that won't be a problem!
    Just in the last year alone, CAX seemed to almost quadruple it's patronage.
    Even Saturday's "Midnight-to-close" crowd was pretty packed...
    Still,
    It's one of my favorite yearly shows to go to and I always have a blast! The pin selection is pretty decent; the assortment of unique vids accompanying all those various pinball machines ALL under one roof is just icing on the cake.
    It's the ultimate arcade experience!
    A nice family bonus when going to CAX is that Great America is right across the street and the hotel offers discounted tickets.
    CAX also has live bands that come and play game inspired music.

Don't be shy Pinside (and ghostrachel) to walk up and say "Hi", I'll be wearing my plaid pants and Adidas (Rod Lavers) like usual...

See ya' there!

#22 11 years ago

Don't forget to compete in the tournaments. The casual division has been growing steadily the last couple of years. If you're eligible for casual (never won anything), I highly recommend it. You'll be playing right along side the big boys and still have a shot at some cash. Lots of other (non-pin) tournaments too. The Panic Park competitors are more like Manic Park. Trust me. Fun to watch, even if you don't compete.

I'll be bringing games for the tournament like I usually do. If you want to say hi, ask for phish in the tournament area and someone will point me out. I can give you some simple pointers on my games or help with tournament rules, if needed.

#23 11 years ago

Definitely worth it. Loads of pins and rare stuff too (Kingpin and BBB last year)

Slightly above average crappy convention food, great bar though!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Slightly above average crappy convention food

I'll have to show you the secret food spot Ben, you're worth it!
    (Don't forget to bring Binks this time too!)

#25 11 years ago

never been but pics always make it look like a very large and fun show.

4 weeks later
    #26 10 years ago

Just booked my hotel room at the hyatt regency. They added some more "california extreme" room rates, but they are going to go fast! I'm coming from NJ. Can't wait to check it out!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/california-extreme-for-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.