9 months ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by topkat
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190726_084650 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190726_102648 (resized).jpg

#1 9 months ago

It's coming up quick!

California Extreme - July 27-28, 2019. http://caextreme.org. It should be a rocking good time!

Bayburgh Pinball Tournament - July 26-28, 2019. http://mfpinball.org/bayburgh/. Bayburgh will be located in the same place as last year, upstairs at the Cypress Room. As the space for the tournament is somewhat limited, there will be 3 qualifying sessions, each capped at 64 players, to make room for a max participation of 192 players! If the tournament maxes out there will be a HUGE payout, with a potential total prize pool of $6,720!! Follow the Bayburgh Instagram account to see what games will be featured in the event - https://www.instagram.com/bayburgh/. Still a few weeks to get signed up - we'll see y'all there!

There are plenty of available hotel rooms in the neighboring area for those that are traveling to Santa Clara for the event.

We can't wait to see y'all!

Cheers!

#2 9 months ago

I loved this event last year.. The mix of vids and pinball works well for me. One of the only events thats right in my back yard...looking forward to it

1 week later
    #3 8 months ago

My wife's foot surgery was postponed so looks like I'm going after all!

#4 8 months ago

I'm always astounded by the lack of promotion that CAX does on Pinside.

Yet the place is packed year after year so what do I know?

#5 8 months ago

Looking forward to the show! Always another highlight of the year to attend!

#6 8 months ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm always astounded by the lack of promotion that CAX does on Pinside.
    Yet the place is packed year after year so what do I know?

It baffles me as well..?
    Must be a bunch of non pinball people. but for such a cool event one would think it would get more attention here

#7 8 months ago

Planning to be there for my first time! Meeting my son for a fun weekend.

#8 8 months ago

I wonder why more people aren’t excited for this? They had a large selection of pins last year, and some really cool titles.
    Hopefully there’s a good turn out this year as well.

#9 8 months ago
    Quoted from topkat:

I wonder why more people aren’t excited for this? They had a large selection of pins last year, and some really cool titles.
    Hopefully there’s a good turn out this year as well.

Don't worry....It's like this every year.

Almost zero buzz on Pinside followed by a crowded show with tons of pins, including the newest offerings.

#10 8 months ago

I am sure it will be. Just strange to me that it gets so little hype on pinside. Cant figure why that is..?

#11 8 months ago

CAX needs it's own MrGone to promote it year round.

#12 8 months ago

I’m going to CAX for an hour (long story) and can’t spend the night. If anyone needs a hotel room at the event, pm me and I can transfer your name on the room.

#13 8 months ago

Bayburgh games have all been announced and are all ready for the tournament! We also gained a sponsor! Captain's Auction will be putting up a $500 gift certificate to the Captain's Auction. As all of the games in the event are games that were purchased second hand, none New In Box, I think the Captain is a perfect partner for Bayburgh.

We'll see y'all upstairs in the Cypress Room!

#14 8 months ago

Bringing Oh Boy and Grand Prix. This is my 7th CAX in a row, Mangs! SO much fun, and if you have a little savvy, you can avoid the worst of the crowds. Also, if you bring games, you can squeeze in some extra playing time...
    I'll have my Pinside Lanyard and my CAX lanyard and of course, you'll know me my the Cowboy Mario or Hot Dog Hat.
    I'ma rollin soon. Mebbe squeeze in some time on those Bayburgh machines tonight...

Party on, and hope you see you Boiz there

IMG_20190726_084650 (resized).jpgIMG_20190726_102648 (resized).jpg
    #15 8 months ago

I am heading Sunday. If anyone sees a nice funhouse pf (new/repro) please pm me.
    Thanks

#16 8 months ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Bringing Oh Boy and Grand Prix. This is my 7th CAX in a row, Mangs! SO much fun, and if you have a little savvy, you can avoid the worst of the crowds. Also, if you bring games, you can squeeze in some extra playing time...
    I'll have my Pinside Lanyard and my CAX lanyard and of course, you'll know me my the Cowboy Mario or Hot Dog Hat.
    I'ma rollin soon. Mebbe squeeze in some time on those Bayburgh machines tonight...
    Party on, and hope you see you Boiz there[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking forward to seeing you here!

#17 8 months ago

I'll be there at CAX again and every year it seems to be getting larger. I'm glad they've opened up other rooms for games.

#18 8 months ago
    Quoted from ThatGuy:

I'll be there at CAX again and every year it seems to be getting larger. I'm glad they've opened up other rooms for games.

Thatguy...good to see you. Haven’t seen you on klov in years.

#19 8 months ago

For anyone who’s there .... How’s the turnout and the games ?

#20 8 months ago

Well I will find out myself. Here early and ready. Look awesome

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 79.00
    $ 210.00
    Playfields
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 10.00
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    £ 55.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 13.00
    Playfields
    Lermods
    $ 15.00
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 18.99
    £ 31.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 28.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside