(Topic ID: 194601)

CAD dollar at 2 year high = time to buy?

By pinchamp

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pinchamp
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3483 (resized).PNG

#1 1 year ago

As far as I can tell the Canadian Dollar is at a 2 year high being just over $.80 right now. So instead of adding 40% to pin prices south of the border it is more like 25%

So perhaps it is time to start getting pins across the border and up to Canada? What kind of deals can we find?

I know there were a ton of SW pro being sold at $5000USD so that would be $6250CAD - not bad? Heck even a $8000 game now (AFMLE) is an even $10,000 CAD (I paid for my AFMLE when the dollar was worse and paid much more than $10K)

Perhaps a great time for our distributors here (Nitro) to let us know what the new conversion prices are for games. Is this making a difference? Could we be pleasantly surprised? I have no idea why the dollar up right now or how long it will last...

IMG_3483 (resized).PNG

#2 1 year ago

Don't count on your prices changing,they were based on the dollar at the time.
    If the games were ordered then,thats what they will cost you now.
    Still sucks though,DILE cost me at least 500.00 CAD more.

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Don't count on your prices changing,they were based on the dollar at the time.
    If the games were ordered then,thats what they will cost you now.
    Still sucks though,DILE cost me at least 500.00 CAD more.

Dialed In LE right now should be $11250 plus shipping. Almost a consideration for me now... SWLE should be a bit less than that.

#4 1 year ago

Yes, it's time to buy! And with your purchase you will receive Stern's latest and greatest disclaimer policy.

#5 1 year ago

What a load of crap that is.

I have already seen the new SW pro with ghosting inserts.
    Not even a week of play on it.
    Imagine what it will look like after a years of play.

Better order your replacement play fields with your NIB game now,just in case you need it,lol

#6 1 year ago

The GBLE you bought From me still has good inserts? No ghosting?

It really does make NIB another tough purchase. Especially an LE... get ghosting inserts and no one is going to want to buy it later.

#7 1 year ago

No kidding, sucks stick to used sterns from now on.

Even so NIB games selling in the US for 5200usd should be 6450can here, not 7600 lol

#8 1 year ago

Even when we were higher than the American dollar we still were getting burned on prices , don't excpect a lot unfortunately.

#9 1 year ago

it will be trading in parity again soon. the longer you wait, the more you'll save.

#10 1 year ago

If it's cheaper just buy from states and have it shipped. Taxes will be the same so just add customs broker $100 CDN + say 500-600 USD for shipping. But probably cannot buy new from distributor have to buy NIB 2nd hand and ship. I would go to nearest show in states and do in person. If we get closer to parity would be nuts to pay extra just because we nice Canadians are polite and give thanks while taking it. But I'm not a NIB collector anyway so just saying

#11 1 year ago

Also if you know someone in Alberta and live close, just be smart and do the obvious.

#12 1 year ago

Not sure if it's time to buy. Might get even stronger. I'm waiting for now but even then buy what? Not buying any more nib sterns, jjp style doesn't appeal to me and is too expensive, wait for Houdini or afmr maybe.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

The GBLE you bought From me still has good inserts? No ghosting?
    It really does make NIB another tough purchase. Especially an LE... get ghosting inserts and no one is going to want to buy it later.

Yep yours is good,but didn't have the issue to begin with.
    I think if it's happening already,they will get worse though over time.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Not sure if it's time to buy. Might get even stronger. I'm waiting for now but even then buy what? Not buying any more nib sterns, jjp style doesn't appeal to me and is too expensive, wait for Houdini or afmr maybe.

I thought TNA would be on your radar extraballingtmc

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from woz:

I thought TNA would be on your radar extraballingtmc

No ramps sorry. No plans to buy it.

#16 1 year ago

I agree that the Stern NIB is likely off my radar too. These ghosting inserts not being covered then eventually take a ball hit and crack through the clear. Likely at that point they are out of warranty so the risk is too high. I am talking about older Sterns or other pins as well. (For me Tron, TWD, GOT, etc) Lots of options when you look south and consider the dollar being better

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    € 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Displays
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 132.00
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside