(Topic ID: 155707)

Cactus Jack's Silverball Showdown 2016- A PAPA Circuit Event!

By alveolus

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by alveolus
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PAPA_logo_2016_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

A PAPA Circuit event!

The 2nd annual Cactus Jack’s Silverball Showdown is three days of match play pinball competition based on the Pinburgh format, with no players eliminated until Sunday. All players compete in groups on Friday, with the quality of their play determining whether they go to A or B Division for Saturday. All players compete in groups on Saturday within their Division, with the quality of their play determining whether they advance to finals. Qualifiers compete for the division prizes on Sunday, while everyone else plays in a 3-strike group knockout tournament.

Entry fee is $35, to be collected upon check-in at the event. 100% of which will go toward trophies and cash payouts. The machines will be set to coin drop which will serve as the facility fee.

Tournament format and details are available here: http://www.cactusjackssilverballshowdown.com3

For other info, please feel free to contact me via this thread, or email at: [email protected]
    I can also be reached via Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/alveolus.sdtm

All competitors must preregister online: http://papa.org/competitions/papa-tournament-circuit/cactus-jacks/
    Spots are limited so sign up soon!

---- About Cactus Jack's
    Cactus Jack’s Family Fun Center is one of the Southwest’s premier pinball destinations. It is home to over 50 classic modern-era pinball machines, all meticulously maintained to play flawlessly. Cactus Jack’s also features classic-era and modern arcade machines, billiards, and a large variety of skill and redemption machines that are fun for the entire family. Party rooms are available for birthdays and other gatherings. ----

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Shawn
    Tournament organizer

PAPA_logo_2016_(resized).jpgPAPA_logo_2016_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Was a LOT of fun last year. I don't expect I'll be able to attend again, burned way way way too many vacation days already, but I highly *highly* recommend the event. Expect very tough competition if it's anything like last year!

*edit* Oh, and if RIBION is still on the floor, you better say your prayers if you get stuck with it. Never fed out the right side of the pops once, and the right outlane was MASSIVELY open and brutal...

#3 8 years ago

Not on the hotel recommendations list but this is a good place to stay:

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/bethany/okcme/hoteldetail

Only downside is they are inconsistent with whether the hot tub works or not, last year it was great the first night but then went out of commission.

3 weeks later
    #4 8 years ago

I signed up from the website and got a response that said this:

"Congratulations! You have submitted your tournament for inclusion in the upcoming PAPA circuit. You will be contacted once final selections have been made."

Im assuming the registration was for voting to make this event on the PAPA circuit. But I just want to make sure I am guaranteed entry in the tourney. I do not want to make travel arraignments and time off from work if i'm not gonna be in the tournament.

Thanks for clarification!

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

"Congratulations! You have submitted your tournament for inclusion in the upcoming PAPA circuit. You will be contacted once final selections have been made."
    Im assuming the registration was for voting to make this event on the PAPA circuit. But I just want to make sure I am guaranteed entry in the tourney. I do not want to make travel arraignments and time off from work if i'm not gonna be in the tournament.

Peculiar. The registration link should just be to secure your entry to the tournament.
    Was this the link you used? http://papa.org/competitions/papa-tournament-circuit/cactus-jacks/

If it is, I'll need to check with PAPA to see what is happening.

Shawn

#6 8 years ago

yeah thats the link i used. My friend also did this and got the same response. Can you check and see if we are registered? I can pm you our names

#7 8 years ago

All straightened out! Thanks for the great communication and help!

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

That's what it said for me too

#9 8 years ago

I got that response too. Signed up last week.

#10 8 years ago

I think that the glitch in the registration link has been corrected. If you would like me to verify, send me a pm with your name and I'll check it out.
    Thanks,
    Shawn

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-jacks-silverball-showdown-2016-a-papa-circuit-event and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.