Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by kst8cat
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150306_100558.jpg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

Let's say Dr Who is $2,800 typically to purchase (freight included). For commercial operation, I've found that these 20+ year old games *require* a full-blown tear-down shopping (30+ hours), some new parts, I do premium LEDs, often a new DMD, legs, levelers, flippers, etc. Roughly $800 to $1,000 to fully rehab. So, I'm starting out @ $3,800 for Dr Who, but it plays like a dream (that's important). Figure a $2,500 residual value whenever that day comes. So, the real cost of this game is $1,300 ($3,800 - $2,500)

Honestly for $2,800 you should be able to find a "plug-n-play Dr. Who.......so $300 (real cost)....maybe $500.

#52 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Well, that just suggests you don't buy freshly routed older games! Plenty of plug and play games in the $3K-up range.
    Based on that idea, that Star Trek Pro is the real winner. Plug and play *and* less than $6K!

Dead right - from a pure math standpoint, Star Trek Pro is the homerun of the lineup.

#53 9 years ago
    Quoted from Razorbak86:

Good stuff, Rush. Thanks for posting!
    Just a few questions about Wrestlemania, if you don't mind:
    1] Are you happy with how it is performing so far?
    2] I know it's early days, but is this typical or atypical for a new game just introduced into the line-up?
    3] Do you think it has real staying power?
    I am curious about this pin in particular, because a lot of the early reaction on Pinside, especially from collectors, was that the theme was atrocious, and the pin would probably not sell well, because collectors would never buy them for home use.
    Personally, I thought the theme was always targeted towards Ops, because it would be pretty popular among the 20-35 year old market segment that frequents arcades and bars. So I am interested in hearing an operator's thoughts, now that the pin is finally out in the wild.

1] It's ahead of Mustang's early days but behind TWD
    2] Typical
    3] Probably average - I think it will stay ahead of Mustang forever and behind TWD forever.

I'd hate to think Stern (or any maker) makes machines as "toward OPs" or "towards home users". The best earning games appeal to both.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Honestly for $2,800 you should be able to find a "plug-n-play Dr. Who.......so $300 (real cost)....maybe $500.

Sure, that's possible. My post was meant to illustrate that there is more to it than how quickly the coin box = the purchase price.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

1] It's ahead of Mustang's early days but behind TWD
    2] Typical
    3] Probably average - I think it will stay ahead of Mustang forever and behind TWD forever.
    I'd hate to think Stern (or any maker) makes machines as "toward OPs" or "towards home users". The best earning games appeal to both.

Gotcha. Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding the market segmentation, all things being equal, I would agree with you. You hope they would target both. Nevertheless, I think Gary may have seen the opportunity with Wrestlemania to broaden the market to people that might not normally play pinball, and anything that creates more pinball fans is a good long term investment for his business. I think Jack took the same approach with WOZ.

I don't *know* that this is true, of course. Just a hunch, and I could be wrong.

#56 9 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Well, that just suggests you don't buy freshly routed older games! Plenty of plug and play games in the $3K-up range.

I know I probably sound like a Cactus Jack's shill at this point but they definitely have a higher standard for pinball machine condition than any other place I've been (granted, that's not a huge list ). Dan's note about putting a lot of money into an older machine to get it on the floor rings true because of that level of quality he maintains.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from gtown:

I know I probably sound like a Cactus Jack's shill at this point but they definitely have a higher standard for pinball machine condition than any other place I've been (granted, that's not a huge list ). Dan's note about putting a lot of money into an older machine to get it on the floor rings true because of that level of quality he maintains.

I would certainly back up that statement as well. The standard of maintenance is second to none, and I have visited close to 200 different locations in recent months.

#58 9 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

None but I have nowhere near 4k plays. I'm still going to put mylar down in the pops area and state balloon area. I can't believe JJP didn't spend the extra 15 minutes and $1 to protect those areas.

I was directing my question at the OP as it seems his has a massive amount of plays. Would be nice to see how it is holding up.

#59 9 years ago

It may be mentioned elsewhere, but are all machines set at the same price? Or is WOZ $1 while No Fear is 50 cents, for example. If not same price, is the "drop" accounting for total amount of money, or total plays. Assuming total money, but checking.

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from scp:

It may be mentioned elsewhere, but are all machines set at the same price? Or is WOZ $1 while No Fear is 50 cents, for example. If not same price, is the "drop" accounting for total amount of money, or total plays. Assuming total money, but checking.

Most of their pins are a flat $.75, but some of those have the 2/$1 option, while a small number are a flat $.50. I don't think any are $1.00, so the WOZ is a good value at $.75. You can see the prices for each on the pin map. I too am surprised that Cactus Canyon isn't drawing more. That is the one game I for sure make time to play whenever I visit as it is very hard to find on location in good shape.

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

Also interesting is that Cactus Canyon only sees less than 1 in a 100 of the overall games played

I'd say...sell that puppy!

#62 9 years ago

I'm really not surprised by these numbers at all. The Top 5 are all spectacular players...and WOZ...well...WOZ is just plain wicked good. So is Star Trek pro...really fun game, casual players pretty much instantly get positive feedback hitting the Vengeance and get sucked right in...and the next three are top dollar pins that everyone loves but may not be able to easily get in their home.

Thanks for sharing this list of earning percentages...really cool of you to share!

#63 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Hush your mouth! Some of us love that machine!!

....... Seriously, I would cry if that happened.

#64 9 years ago

That that CC is really wasting space for you.... Id be willing to trade it for a higher earner for you...like NBAFB . You wouldn't even need to kick in any cash- Id do it just to help you out.

#65 9 years ago

It's pretty amazing how well South Park still earns after all these years. Definitely a theme that should be given serious thought to a whole new remake.

#66 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

$9,999 will get 'er done!

#67 9 years ago

Go BOP.

Seeing this list. If you want to sell that poor earning corvette hit me up Still scrapping funds together but that is a pin on my list of pins I'd like to have.

#68 9 years ago
    Quoted from Rush1169:

A lot of people have asked me what the best earning machines are for a location. Below is a list of the games at Cactus Jacks in Oklahoma City and their relative performance. These are machines that have been in operation for at least 6 months

Thanks for sharing the numbers, it's always interesting to see what's popular in a large pinball arcade like this one.

Here's the new Play Meter operators equipment poll. I think Stern's Pro model is still a great deal for operators that are buying NIB games.

20150306_100558.jpg20150306_100558.jpg
    #69 9 years ago
    Quoted from sanctumwear:

Here's the new Play Meter operators equipment poll. I think Stern's Pro model is still a great deal for operators that are buying NIB games.

Because I had to go look it up, here's a link to one of their polls from last year with the Points, Longevity Points, and response rate defined:

http://www.playmeter.com/images/0114photos/010_pm0114.pdf

#70 9 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

I have visited close to 200 different locations in recent months.

Wow! I knew I had seen a lot of map updates with your name on them but I had not idea.

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from Replay:

Wow! I knew I had seen a lot of map updates with your name on them but I had not idea.

Yeah I've been to right around 200 locations if you include places that I have had to delete on the pin map due to them no longer having any games. Not counting those, then maybe around 165 places that still have games on site. But as sad as it is to remove games from those locations, I have also been able to track down 59 new locations with games so far to add to the map which makes me very happy.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-jacks-collections-report/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.