View topic image gallery

F037B2A1-82B2-4EEC-8687-4D6CE01EED6F (resized).jpeg
6B392E7D-28EB-4B56-8489-4D774F77CF26 (resized).jpeg
2D17CC01-E6F8-4353-AE65-7C0F46E6465C (resized).jpeg
DE477E2C-121E-4987-AFC4-8479DEE5F4B5 (resized).jpeg
35A86D8B-EFDF-4EBD-BC5D-E422B622C43D (resized).jpeg
E2B3E48B-6470-4A6B-B4F2-CCB5F6A106BD (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

I went to Cactus Jack's Family Fun Center in OKC yesterday and had a blast on their machines for a couple of hours.

They have a list of pins here which isn't quite up to date: http://www.cjarcade.com/index.php/the-games/pinball-machines

I played: Attack From Mars, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dialed In, Jurassic Park (the new one), World Cup Soccer, Cactus Canyon, Scared Stiff, Tales From the Crypt, Black Knight (the new one), Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Ghostbusters, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Fathom, Addam's Family, Twilight Zone, Medieval Madness, and maybe a few more I can't remember.

I live in an area of the country with no pinball machines around, so I took advantage of a Thanksgiving visit to relatives in the OKC area. It was a lot of fun to play games I've only been able to play using VPX or Pinball Arcade. I continue to be amazed by these machines! The feel of a real one just can't be duplicated virtually.

The machine I was most impressed with and spent the most time with was Total Nuclear Annihilation. Wow! What a treat for the ears and eyes. The simple rule set with hard but fair features made this my favorite to play. I wasn't able to advance far in the game with the limited time I had, but managed the multiball several times. Very fun! Thanks Scott Danesi for this fine game!

#2 4 years ago

they also have a classics section with games like high speed, safecracker etc etc. i think they have around 70 pins in there. the arcade section sucks, but the pin section is top notch

#3 4 years ago

Cactus Jack’s is a fantastic place to play and I’m glad you got a chance to enjoy it! As you said, the list of pins on their website is not up to date. Even with over 50 games on the floor at any time, they have more games than they can fit, so the manager (Carolyn) periodically swaps a few out from storage about monthly. The newer Sterns and JJP pins are typically always on the floor as are most of the SS and EM games. From my observations, it’s mainly the less popular (lower earning) DMD games that get swapped in and out such as 24, Avatar, Corvette, BBH, Stern IJ, NBAFB, WOF, PZ, etc.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from classicgamefan:

Cactus Jack’s is a fantastic place to play and I’m glad you got a chance to enjoy it! As you said, the list of pins on their website is not up to date. Even with over 50 games on the floor at any time, they have more games than they can fit, so the manager (Carolyn) periodically swaps a few out from storage about monthly. The newer Sterns and JJP pins are typically always on the floor as are most of the SS and EM games. From my observations, it’s mainly the less popular (lower earning) DMD games that get swapped in and out such as 24, Avatar, Corvette, BBH, Stern IJ, NBAFB, WOF, PZ, etc.

Wow, I didn't realize that. That's amazing! When I was there I was dazzled by all the games they have in the main room that I almost missed a group of other games in a small area off in the corner (TNA, Whoa Nellie, Fathom, Safecracker (not working when I saw it), and several others were in there).

#5 4 years ago

Take a walk back to the bathroom and peek inside the big dark room to your right. Filled with folded up pinball machines....

#6 4 years ago

They had a TX sector the last time I went. They also have the best GNR I have ever seen.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

They had a TX sector the last time I went. They also have the best GNR I have ever seen.

They are both gone at this time. That TX Sector was sweet!

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

They are both gone at this time. That TX Sector was sweet!

Not gone, just off for maintenance.

#9 4 years ago

Just looked at their game list. Do they really not have a Cactus Jack's machine??? People would probably think it was custom made for them if they did.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Just looked at their game list. Do they really not have a Cactus Jack's machine??? People would probably think it was custom made for them if they did.

There is a Cactus Jack’s machine at the front entrance next to the main counter. Non-working at this time. I will update tonight, as I will be in OKC for work.

#11 4 years ago

There is a Cactus Jack’s machine at the front entrance next to the main counter. Non-working at this time. I will update tonight, as I will be in OKC for work.

It is working as far as I know. Ask Carolyn. I bet she would turn it on for you.

#12 4 years ago

Last time I was in there it was not working

#13 4 years ago

Love this place. I look forward to the tournament they throw in the spring now. It's a 6+ hour drive for me and I've sworn off against traveling for tournaments now but this is the only one I've kept on my calendar. Alveolus sign me up now

P.S. - If anyone see's Chad tell him I'm not leaving next time without my 300. Muhahahaha...

#14 4 years ago

Had a great time tonight, as I got to play in their “3 Strikes” tourney. I was out in three straight. Got to hang out with Chad the rest of the evening. Carolyn was as hospitable as ever! Every game played great. Very impressive seeing a Belle work on a machine!!!!

2D17CC01-E6F8-4353-AE65-7C0F46E6465C (resized).jpeg2D17CC01-E6F8-4353-AE65-7C0F46E6465C (resized).jpeg6B392E7D-28EB-4B56-8489-4D774F77CF26 (resized).jpeg6B392E7D-28EB-4B56-8489-4D774F77CF26 (resized).jpegDE477E2C-121E-4987-AFC4-8479DEE5F4B5 (resized).jpegDE477E2C-121E-4987-AFC4-8479DEE5F4B5 (resized).jpegE2B3E48B-6470-4A6B-B4F2-CCB5F6A106BD (resized).jpegE2B3E48B-6470-4A6B-B4F2-CCB5F6A106BD (resized).jpegF037B2A1-82B2-4EEC-8687-4D6CE01EED6F (resized).jpegF037B2A1-82B2-4EEC-8687-4D6CE01EED6F (resized).jpeg35A86D8B-EFDF-4EBD-BC5D-E422B622C43D (resized).jpeg35A86D8B-EFDF-4EBD-BC5D-E422B622C43D (resized).jpeg
#15 4 years ago

Had a great time tonight, as I got to play in their “3 Strikes” tourney. I was out in three straight. Got to hang out with Chad the rest of the evening. Carolyn was as hospitable as ever! Every game played great. Very impressive seeing a Belle work on a machine!!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice that you were able to play in the tournament! Sorry I couldn’t be there. Unfortunately I had to work.

#16 4 years ago

Had a great time tonight, as I got to play in their “3 Strikes” tourney. I was out in three straight. Got to hang out with Chad the rest of the evening. Carolyn was as hospitable as ever! Every game played great. Very impressive seeing a Belle work on a machine!!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for playing with us. Always great to have people stop by. I wish I could've had a chance to slow down and actually properly introduce myself, but keeping all those knuckleheads in line is a lot of work . I still owe you a GOTG game next time you're in town.

That's my wife Monica. I'm lucky to be married to someone that's really involved with pinball and can fix things anytime I break it.

#17 4 years ago

My only complaint is they pulled Bride of Pinbot off the floor ughhhh Bring back the Bride! Not really a complaint at all just a request. Great location and game selection to be sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 210.00
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-jack-s-okc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.