Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 days ago by sixtyfourbits
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

C54EC344-A14E-4D6C-A95A-6BCA01562E8E (resized).jpeg
jackuntitled (resized).png
cactus jack before and after front (resized).jpg
rightsidebeforeandafter (resized).jpg
leftsidebeforeandafter (resized).jpg
image11 (resized).jpeg
image10 (resized).jpeg
image9 (resized).jpeg
image5 (resized).jpeg

#1 8 months ago

This is the place for everything Cactus Jack's, the underrated 1991 gem from Gottlieb!

#2 8 months ago
Quoted from Tux:

This is the place for everything Cactus Jack's, the underrated 1991 gem from Gottlieb!

Luv's me some Cactus Jacks!!! Have a rough example in need of a thorough shop job, but can't seem to get around to doing it. I think it has been sitting in my shop half tore down for about a year now. Also have the prototype/whitewood populated playfield from Gottlieb sitting in my house. Thinking about selling it though as I am running out of room. John

#3 8 months ago

"Its polka time!"

I picked my cactus jack's up about a month ago, and have been working on fixing it up, mostly cosmetically. I will post before/after pics in the next while.
So far I have really been enjoying cactus jack's. Its a fun goofy pin. I find that guests of all ages enjoy it, from young kids all the way to my drinking buddies hahaha.
I'm glad someone got around to making a club on here for it.

#4 8 months ago
Quoted from Tux:

I thought this was about the Pinsider cactusjack. I guess after awhile here you could rate your own club.

#5 8 months ago

Ahh. Shucks!

Wish I had the original White Wood (you have the re-worked WW). Jon Norris had been saving it under his desk but we let Steve Kirk throw it out when he was "cleaning up shop". Back then, no one wanted or cared about things like White Wood playfields. They were just some other piece of junk taking up room.

CJ

#6 8 months ago

Here's a few pics of mine, and some of the cleanup so far. I really am just going for a cleanup, not a restoration or anything close to what some people on this site are capable of. I'm happy with it though. So far its been paint touch-ups on the cabinet and backbox, new t-trim, painted legs (finishing back legs at time of picture taking), custom instruction cards, new flipper rubbers, bulb replacements, and a overall clean.

image5 (resized).jpeg

image11 (resized).jpeg

image10 (resized).jpeg

image9 (resized).jpeg

cactus jack before and after front (resized).jpg

leftsidebeforeandafter (resized).jpg

rightsidebeforeandafter (resized).jpg

#7 8 months ago

Here's a picture of the Cactus Jack I remember.

jackuntitled (resized).png
2 months later
#8 5 months ago

Just had my cactus jacks wireforms powdercoated to match the green t-trim and green legs.

C54EC344-A14E-4D6C-A95A-6BCA01562E8E (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#9 4 months ago

Joined the club a couple months ago! I love the music, and the kids have really taken to the game.

Anyone know exactly what the cactus says when you get the ball to trigger the rollover in one of the upper lanes? It's hard to make out.

2 months later
#10 63 days ago

I'm currently considering taking on a Cactus Jack's project. I have seen a few people refer to cabinet decals for this title but I can't seem to locate any? Any suggestions?

#11 63 days ago

I have some drop target decals from Pinball Resource. Anyone can PM me if they need them.

1 week later
#12 53 days ago

Anyone have an extra right ramp? Mine is cracked at the entrance and has a rather large repair at the top.

I could also use the plastic that sits on top of the ramp.

2 weeks later
#13 38 days ago

Today i picked up a very nice CJ.
CJ is almost impossible to find in the Netherlands.
I exchanged him with a surf n safari with a very bad playing field.
I think a good deal!

#14 38 days ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

I'm currently considering taking on a Cactus Jack's project. I have seen a few people refer to cabinet decals for this title but I can't seem to locate any? Any suggestions?

I had looked a little bit online for some as well, but I never could find any for Cactus Jack's. I ended up just using paint to touch up the artwork. It wasn't too hard, and I was happy enough with the results.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 89.99
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.50

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside