Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 54 days ago by HighFive
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
270FD8FB-3902-45D6-94E2-4F2408EA9AB8 (resized).jpeg
765507D3-80A6-4F1B-9E1D-8F83B54B8786 (resized).jpeg
9F30449D-4FE8-419E-B717-ACEC934602AE (resized).jpeg
IMG_0530 (resized).JPG
Cactus Jacks (resized).PNG
IMG_0891 (resized).JPG
IMG_0893 (resized).JPG
IMG_0892 (resized).JPG
CJ cleanup (resized).jpg
C54EC344-A14E-4D6C-A95A-6BCA01562E8E (resized).jpeg
jackuntitled (resized).png
cactus jack before and after front (resized).jpg
rightsidebeforeandafter (resized).jpg
leftsidebeforeandafter (resized).jpg
image11 (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

This is the place for everything Cactus Jack's, the underrated 1991 gem from Gottlieb!

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from Tux:

This is the place for everything Cactus Jack's, the underrated 1991 gem from Gottlieb!

Luv's me some Cactus Jacks!!! Have a rough example in need of a thorough shop job, but can't seem to get around to doing it. I think it has been sitting in my shop half tore down for about a year now. Also have the prototype/whitewood populated playfield from Gottlieb sitting in my house. Thinking about selling it though as I am running out of room. John

#3 1 year ago

"Its polka time!"

I picked my cactus jack's up about a month ago, and have been working on fixing it up, mostly cosmetically. I will post before/after pics in the next while.
So far I have really been enjoying cactus jack's. Its a fun goofy pin. I find that guests of all ages enjoy it, from young kids all the way to my drinking buddies hahaha.
I'm glad someone got around to making a club on here for it.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Tux:

I thought this was about the Pinsider cactusjack. I guess after awhile here you could rate your own club.

#5 1 year ago

Ahh. Shucks!

Wish I had the original White Wood (you have the re-worked WW). Jon Norris had been saving it under his desk but we let Steve Kirk throw it out when he was "cleaning up shop". Back then, no one wanted or cared about things like White Wood playfields. They were just some other piece of junk taking up room.

CJ

#6 1 year ago

Here's a few pics of mine, and some of the cleanup so far. I really am just going for a cleanup, not a restoration or anything close to what some people on this site are capable of. I'm happy with it though. So far its been paint touch-ups on the cabinet and backbox, new t-trim, painted legs (finishing back legs at time of picture taking), custom instruction cards, new flipper rubbers, bulb replacements, and a overall clean.

image5 (resized).jpeg

image11 (resized).jpeg

image10 (resized).jpeg

image9 (resized).jpeg

cactus jack before and after front (resized).jpg

leftsidebeforeandafter (resized).jpg

rightsidebeforeandafter (resized).jpg

#7 1 year ago

Here's a picture of the Cactus Jack I remember.

jackuntitled (resized).png
2 months later
#8 1 year ago

Just had my cactus jacks wireforms powdercoated to match the green t-trim and green legs.

C54EC344-A14E-4D6C-A95A-6BCA01562E8E (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#9 12 months ago

Joined the club a couple months ago! I love the music, and the kids have really taken to the game.

Anyone know exactly what the cactus says when you get the ball to trigger the rollover in one of the upper lanes? It's hard to make out.

2 months later
#10 10 months ago

I'm currently considering taking on a Cactus Jack's project. I have seen a few people refer to cabinet decals for this title but I can't seem to locate any? Any suggestions?

#11 10 months ago

I have some drop target decals from Pinball Resource. Anyone can PM me if they need them.

1 week later
#12 9 months ago

Anyone have an extra right ramp? Mine is cracked at the entrance and has a rather large repair at the top.

I could also use the plastic that sits on top of the ramp.

2 weeks later
#13 9 months ago

Today i picked up a very nice CJ.
CJ is almost impossible to find in the Netherlands.
I exchanged him with a surf n safari with a very bad playing field.
I think a good deal!

#14 9 months ago
Quoted from Tokkentakker:

I'm currently considering taking on a Cactus Jack's project. I have seen a few people refer to cabinet decals for this title but I can't seem to locate any? Any suggestions?

I had looked a little bit online for some as well, but I never could find any for Cactus Jack's. I ended up just using paint to touch up the artwork. It wasn't too hard, and I was happy enough with the results.

2 months later
#15 6 months ago

Working on one for a friend, anyone have suggestions on the best thing to use to clean the cactus toppers and the band parts? Soap and water only or naptha? This machine is filthy

CJ cleanup (resized).jpg
1 month later
#16 4 months ago

Looking for one of these plastic upper playfield things that goes over the upper rollover lanes. Are they all cracked and broken or is mine the only one? I'm afraid to take it apart to even attempt to fix it.

IMG_0891 (resized).JPG
IMG_0892 (resized).JPG
IMG_0893 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#17 4 months ago

Can someone take a picture of their Cactus Jack fuse cover (the label with what the fuse values are and the order). Mine did not come with one. Thanks

2 weeks later
#18 3 months ago

As if I didn't have enough projects I started working making a new upper playfield since mine is totally BTS. I traced it out and used transfer punches to mark the holes out and it makes me wonder how they drilled them out originally not that the accuracy matters too much for what it is but I wonder what sort of tolerance they had. The plan is to route a couple out of polycarb so it doesn't crack and break in the future.
Has anyone taken any pictures of theirs stripped down?

Cactus Jacks (resized).PNG

#19 3 months ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

As if I didn't have enough projects I started working making a new upper playfield since mine is totally BTS. I traced it out and used transfer punches to mark the holes out and it makes me wonder how they drilled them out originally not that the accuracy matters too much for what it is but I wonder what sort of tolerance they had. The plan is to route a couple out of polycarb so it doesn't crack and break in the future.
Has anyone taken any pictures of theirs stripped down?
[quoted image]

I did the same thing ... mine came out great! Hope this helps. LMK if any Qs

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-fan-club-haters-need-not-apply/page/9#post-4298821

Few more pics after I finished my restore ... shows underside of the upper PF

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-system-3-fan-club-haters-need-not-apply/page/9#post-4315041
att=5072694,1650535 caption=""]

#20 3 months ago

Exactly what I was looking for thanks! Your original looks great compared to mine.

#21 3 months ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

Exactly what I was looking for thanks! Your original looks great compared to mine.

Awesome. Glad to help. You can see in the below picture from that post that when I was cutting the new one, I taped the old to the bottom - I don’t recall perfectly but I think this was ONLY when I drilled the small post/mounting holes. When I cut the large “ball” holes, I taped the old to the top and traced and then removed the old template and then used the drill press to cut the ball holes. Oh, and when I was done as I recall there was an extra post mounting hole that goes unused

9F30449D-4FE8-419E-B717-ACEC934602AE (resized).jpeg
#22 3 months ago
Quoted from slghokie:

Can someone take a picture of their Cactus Jack fuse cover (the label with what the fuse values are and the order). Mine did not come with one. Thanks

#23 3 months ago

Not the best pic but it’s of my machine before restore
765507D3-80A6-4F1B-9E1D-8F83B54B8786 (resized).jpeg

270FD8FB-3902-45D6-94E2-4F2408EA9AB8 (resized).jpeg
#24 3 months ago

Thank you mt45 !!

2 weeks later
#25 87 days ago

Can someone confirm if pin 6 on U13 is connected (continuity to the LED) based on this pic?

pasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#26 67 days ago

Anyone know where I can get a new left ramp flap?

#27 66 days ago

I do have the original fully populated, whitewood playfield for Cactus Jacks that I really no longer have the room for. Anyone interested, please shoot me a private e-mail.

#28 66 days ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

Anyone know where I can get a new left ramp flap?

Pinball Resource

27913 or 27914

http://www.pbresource.com/pfplayf.htm

1 week later
#30 54 days ago

Been eyeing a Cactus Jack, but wondering something about the extra ball lane. Is there a way in the options to make the count restart at the beginning of every new game?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 249.00
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 72.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 28.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 42.00
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Forever

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside