image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

Buyer beware, there is a cactus canyon FS on ebay, at the bottom of the listing there is contact information the seller requests anybody interested in the CC to email him first to see if he can ship to you. I have several email exchanges and all of them seller wants a wire transfer/direct deposite. The seller keeps telling me $5k shipping included even though the ebay listing bid is higher than 5k. Seller lists machine less than one hour from my house, I tell him/her that I prefer to pick up the machine and pay cash. Seller is avoiding answering my questions and request. I finally ask for a phone number and I have not had a reply. All other email traffic has had a prompt reply until I ask for phone number and make it clear I don't want to do wire transfers and only want to do cash. Below is the listing:

ebay.com link: itm

#2 8 years ago

Reported for violating listing practices (contact info included).

#3 8 years ago

It has 13 bids. Someone is going to get screwed over.

#4 8 years ago

It's been removed.
While on the subject of ebay, here is one I came across the other day! Not saying this is a scam, just seems way high priced. ebay.com link: itm

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

It's been removed.
While on the subject of ebay, here is one I came across the other day! Not saying this is a scam, just seems way high priced. ebay.com link

That's not the only one. There are a boatload of pins with higher than normal price tags. It's usually a professional/retail shop when you see those prices.

That particular one you linked to is automated services, located in the northeast.

I got to see some of their pins up close at a show recently, and for the most part, fully restored and working they were not. Especially considering the premium price they were asking--well above top dollar. I have no idea who actually does the work on their pins, but I wasn't particularly impressed when half (or slightly more than half) of them refused to boot.

Just because a pin is being sold retail, doesn't mean it's free of defects.

#7 8 years ago

2595.00 for a Laser Cue, better be NIB! In great condition I see them go for 800.00-1000.00

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

2595.00 for a Laser Cue, better be NIB! In great condition I see them go for 800.00-1000.00

it better come delivered with a pizza and a six pack delivered by the Swedish bikini team.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Yikes. There's was working player's condition one in Chicago recently that was having trouble selling for less than $600.00.

Awhile back there was a Star Wars trilogy pin in Cali for $1000 on ebay buy it now. I looked at his previous sold items and there was another SW trilogy pin that sold same price with same pics. I wish I had reported that one. It was just too shady.

#10 8 years ago

I reported the listing also, but here is the add and the sellers handle if anybody comes across something like this again. Scammers are everywhere, who thinks to scam a pinball machine? I don't think I have ran across a bad person that is involved in pinball yet, I have come across some weird people, and people who think their pins are gold, but nobody dishonest.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

#11 8 years ago

Here are the pics seller sent me, I think the serial number on this listing is 822, anybody know this pin?

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

#12 8 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

Heres a ridiculous ad for a Kiss pinball. sorry its off topic. but just had to post this. i hope the price is a misprint haha

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

ebay.com link
Heres a ridiculous ad for a Kiss pinball. sorry its off topic. but just had to post this. i hope the price is a misprint haha

Well, targets and pop bumpers work....
FYI, Bally calls them Thumper Bumpers. Gottlieb calls them Pop Bumpers.

#14 8 years ago

I emailed and asked to come see the Cactus Canyon and never recieved a response.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-scam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.