IMG_0267 (resized).JPG
IMG_0266 (resized).JPG
IMG_0261 (resized).JPG
20230828_205646_resized (resized).jpg
20230828_205656_resized (resized).jpg
20230828_205633_resized (resized).jpg
20230828_205601_resized (resized).jpg
20230828_205611_resized (resized).jpg
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Larger than life beer mug replacement with illumination
[quoted image]

It might look less like the Duff beer can from TSPP if the color of the beer inside the mug was more yellow, and less orange.

3 weeks later
#52 1 year ago

These are great. I am going to be so broke! Well, broker.

#53 1 year ago

How about art blades? I’ve seen a few designs and can’t decide!

#54 1 year ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

How about art blades? I’ve seen a few designs and can’t decide!

I have the LE coming. It comes with art blades.

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I have the LE coming. It comes with art blades.

Well… that doesn’t help me lol

#56 1 year ago

Hey guys! Loving my SE!! And have been in the process of creating my own custom topper. I’m finalizing a full size, ‘topper translite’ that will be back lit..with these old 70ies 3D picture frames (real wood, everything). I am currently in the works of having a servo-controlled tumbleweed, on a pulley, that gets activated (and rolls between the buildings) during the gunfight. *im new to triggered DIY mechs* I’ll have lights in the buildings, maybe on a pinduino setup, later. Here is the mock-up, but know that the background is only half the size it will be (quick copy center copy)..once I finalize the photoshop file, I’m having a transparent vinyl sticker made of it. Also bought an O scale locomotive to ‘toy with’, instead of the tumble weed, the train is positioned in the center, on a track and servo that seems to be coming at you ‘ during save polly or gunfight. ALSO just bought these on amazon and placed them in good spots with clear command strips. Looks awesome!!

0E065EA7-1BD3-4FBF-8909-8859035B74F9 (resized).jpeg0E065EA7-1BD3-4FBF-8909-8859035B74F9 (resized).jpeg870860AD-E3EF-4115-B99E-D51BD70A9D68 (resized).jpeg870860AD-E3EF-4115-B99E-D51BD70A9D68 (resized).jpeg89CC46F5-5B3F-410D-9A37-B4CE20CDAC43 (resized).jpeg89CC46F5-5B3F-410D-9A37-B4CE20CDAC43 (resized).jpegF5376A92-BF73-42DE-A513-07EE9204F9A8 (resized).jpegF5376A92-BF73-42DE-A513-07EE9204F9A8 (resized).jpeg
#57 1 year ago

Still looking for someone to print some cacti flasher covers

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Hey guys! Loving my SE!! And have been in the process of creating my own custom topper. I’m finalizing a full size, ‘topper translite’ that will be back lit..with these old 70ies 3D picture frames (real wood, everything). I am currently in the works of having a servo-controlled tumbleweed, on a pulley, that gets activated (and rolls between the buildings) during the gunfight. *im new to triggered DIY mechs* I’ll have lights in the buildings, maybe on a pinduino setup, later. Here is the mock-up, but know that the background is only half the size it will be (quick copy center copy)..once I finalize the photoshop file, I’m having a transparent vinyl sticker made of it. Also bought an O scale locomotive to ‘toy with’, instead of the tumble weed, the train is positioned in the center, on a track and servo that seems to be coming at you ‘ during save polly or gunfight. ALSO just bought these on amazon and placed them in good spots with clear command strips. Looks awesome!!

Just a suggestion- drop the Cactus Canyon logo on your topper since it’s prominent on the translite. I think it detracts from your work.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just a suggestion- drop the Cactus Canyon logo on your topper since it’s prominent on the translite. I think it detracts from your work.

I’ll think about that..I desperately want an og topper, so I’m trying to hold in the branding tradition. I want to not make it look too DIY. But I’ll think about that thx

1 week later
#60 1 year ago

Going to do a run of toppers. 5-10 no 2 will be the same.

Both arms can have motion ( fake draw, draw, surrender) You will have the option of both motion , left motion only , right motion only or no motors but still posable.

Hat can be fixed or have motion via bobble head spring.

Paint colors can be customized.

In addition to Bart there will be lighting / additional background features and a bobble cactus or two

Topper will run a program which I can customize for you. It can also POSSIBLY be connected to be triggered by the game.

Here is a resin Bart and an FDM Bart. The FDM does have slight layer lines if you zoom in but he’s a little bit larger and can fit better stronger servo motors.

If you would like to get on the list or receive updates of the project direct message me.

Pricing will be available when I have the final parts list.

8E2448E4-07A8-4A75-BF89-32DD146AE86B (resized).jpeg8E2448E4-07A8-4A75-BF89-32DD146AE86B (resized).jpeg
#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Going to do a run of toppers. 5-10 no 2 will be the same.
Both arms can have motion ( fake draw, draw, surrender) You will have the option of both motion , left motion only , right motion only or no motors but still posable.
Hat can be fixed or have motion via bobble head spring.
Paint colors can be customized.
In addition to Bart there will be lighting / additional background features and a bobble cactus or two
Topper will run a program which I can customize for you. It can also POSSIBLY be connected to be triggered by the game.
Here is a resin Bart and an FDM Bart. The FDM does have slight layer lines if you zoom in but he’s a little bit larger and can fit better stronger servo motors.
If you would like to get on the list or receive updates of the project direct message me.
Pricing will be available when I have the final parts list.
[quoted image]

W...O...W! That is sn impressively ambitious project you're taking on there. I almost wish I didn't buy an LE just to go on this journey with you.

#62 1 year ago

I Received a call today from Chicago Gaming about the character for the Topper I am making. Had a great call with them. Apparently there was an Article written about my post here on pinside. The article was encouraging people to contact me to get on a list and gave my contact info. I was not consulted or contacted by whoever put the article out and I have not seen it. The article got the attention of the IP holder and several people involved in the games production and they feel mine is too similar to their IP. Even though I drew and sculpted mine from scratch and the operation and mechanics are total different I do see the resemblance and their concern. I was never going to mass produce or profit from the ones I was offering. I’m working on 5 of them. one for myself one for my childhood friend and the other 3 I was going to offer at my cost Er technically at a loss as I was just going to recover actually money spent on filament, resin, motors etc… and not my time and labor. The only reason for making 5 was I ran some in FDM and some in Resin and they are different sizes to accommodate different sized servo’s. Never the less I will be completing the 5. 4 for myself and the one as gift for my friend. I will post a picture or two of the completed figures. I made the post for anyone that was following the project and so I didn’t have to respond the the few dozen people that PM’d me one by one.

All the best!

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I Received a call today from Chicago Gaming about the character for the Topper I am making. Had a great call with them. Apparently there was an Article written about my post here on pinside. The article was encouraging people to contact me to get on a list and gave my contact info. I was not consulted or contacted by whoever put the article out and I have not seen it. The article got the attention of the IP holder and several people involved in the games production and they feel mine is too similar to their IP. Even though I drew and sculpted mine from scratch and the operation and mechanics are total different I do see the resemblance and their concern. I was never going to mass produce or profit from the ones I was offering. I’m working on 5 of them. one for myself one for my childhood friend and the other 3 I was going to offer at my cost Er technically at a loss as I was just going to recover actually money spent on filament, resin, motors etc… and not my time and labor. The only reason for making 5 was I ran some in FDM and some in Resin and they are different sizes to accommodate different sized servo’s. Never the less I will be completing the 5. 4 for myself and the one as gift for my friend. I will post a picture or two of the completed figures. I made the post for anyone that was following the project and so I didn’t have to respond the the few dozen people that PM’d me one by one.
All the best!

I think the IP holders were concerned people might question their claim of not being able to produce arms for their toppers...

...but a hobbyist has no problem getting it done.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

All the best!

Don't offer them for sale and you won't have an issue.

You can give them away to your friends and they will tip you and or a donation

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Don't offer them for sale and you won't have an issue.
You can give them away to your friends and they will tip you and or a donation

Funny enough. I made 5 all of them. They are different sizes have different mechanics etc. the original plan was to keep the one that I like best, give one to my friend and the 3 that I was “selling” we’re not for profit. Once complete I was going to “sell” them for my cost on the parts. So actually I would have been out all of my time.

I do see their concern though.

2 weeks later
#66 1 year ago

Concept is getting closer, but i will ditch the tv idea, and make my own backlit backbox box to fit that need. I’ve got ideas with the backbox besides it just being ‘static’. Train will be implemented, possibly with a pulley on tracks, letting it ‘come at you’ during gunfight. Buildings will be lit appropriately. Train is not shown in pics yet

69D4D8E9-00E7-428C-9D5B-4A0686EB31E1 (resized).jpeg69D4D8E9-00E7-428C-9D5B-4A0686EB31E1 (resized).jpegA640A605-4834-40F9-991B-EA077BE9852C (resized).jpegA640A605-4834-40F9-991B-EA077BE9852C (resized).jpegF79221F4-0A0A-4E1F-A47D-DB23EC6339E5 (resized).jpegF79221F4-0A0A-4E1F-A47D-DB23EC6339E5 (resized).jpeg
#67 1 year ago

Getting close on mine also.

6917BA65-7ABE-47A9-9307-AA2B814FE33B (resized).jpeg6917BA65-7ABE-47A9-9307-AA2B814FE33B (resized).jpeg
#68 1 year ago

Complete! Now I just need the game to mount it on!

8B609D77-3AAD-43E5-ABB6-98AD074FC07F (resized).jpeg8B609D77-3AAD-43E5-ABB6-98AD074FC07F (resized).jpeg94AE992F-9822-45AB-B6BD-E83EEF385815 (resized).jpeg94AE992F-9822-45AB-B6BD-E83EEF385815 (resized).jpeg
#69 1 year ago

This looks better than the original IMO. Realizing it won’t be interactive to the game that is. The back drop definitely better.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Complete! Now I just need the game to mount it on!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Does Bart shoot the chubby chef?

1 week later
#72 1 year ago

I recall one pinsider had modded his original Cactus Canyon to have a train headlight which turns on when the train moves. Are you planning to make this for CCR?

1 week later
#73 1 year ago

FYI the mods I have made for the original CC also fit on the remake.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bubba-like-shiny-sliver-ball-cactus-canyon-club/page/3#post-6610485

I don't sell them myself, you order them at shapeways and either paint them yourself or get them painted by someone (in the other CC thread someone found someone on etsy I believe to paint them).
In the beginning I thought of selling and painting them myself or searching mod makers to do this, but as the quality is not guaranteed I did not follow this path, only at shapeways you can buy the 3D printed parts.

2 weeks later
#74 1 year ago

I read somewhere that the legs can bite into the cabinet sides. Is that still an issue? If so, can anyone recommend which type of leg protector to get?

Thanks.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from jrh7:

I read somewhere that the legs can bite into the cabinet sides. Is that still an issue? If so, can anyone recommend which type of leg protector to get?
Thanks.

I don’t think leg protectors help with the issue. The out of spec legs are crimped too much. You could put them in a vise and open the bend up a bit.

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from jrh7:

Thanks.

People have had success with Mantis protectors or 2x the normal protectors stacked per leg.

1 week later
#77 1 year ago

Hello everybody, We have been working on these for a bit and are excited to bring these to market!

Eville Buddies - cabinet protectors
-Protect your machine from the all types of leg damage. Prevents decal wrinkling and wood damage.
-Heavy duty, extra thick leg spacers install in seconds and require no additional hardware.

These work to protect CCr as well as older Bally/ Williams machines.

$30 for a set of 4. Ships for $10.50 flat rate inside the continental US.

Email us at [email protected] for purchase details!

IMG_3095 (resized).jpegIMG_3095 (resized).jpegIMG_3098 (resized).jpegIMG_3098 (resized).jpegImage 10-3-22 at 10.40 AM (resized).JPGImage 10-3-22 at 10.40 AM (resized).JPG
4 months later
#78 1 year ago

Looks great, I think it adds to the look of the game very well.

6778C605-E144-4FD2-A8A2-7AD71B725882 (resized).jpeg6778C605-E144-4FD2-A8A2-7AD71B725882 (resized).jpeg
#79 1 year ago
Quoted from aeneas:

FYI the mods I have made for the original CC also fit on the remake.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bubba-like-shiny-sliver-ball-cactus-canyon-club/page/3#post-6610485
I don't sell them myself, you order them at shapeways and either paint them yourself or get them painted by someone (in the other CC thread someone found someone on etsy I believe to paint them).
In the beginning I thought of selling and painting them myself or searching mod makers to do this, but as the quality is not guaranteed I did not follow this path, only at shapeways you can buy the 3D printed parts.

I've recently bought a new 3d printer and can now make and paint them myself.

Shipping to the usa is too expensive (best to order from Shapeways) but if someone in Europe is interested then contact me.

2 weeks later
#80 1 year ago
Quoted from Datsun1500:

Looks great, I think it adds to the look of the game very well.
[quoted image]

That’s great! Selling these?

1 month later
#81 11 months ago

Has anyone figured out where to buy cactus’ that are somewhat transparent to replace the two in the back left? I’d like to replace the stock cactus and illuminate them. Thx.

#82 11 months ago

Hayfarmer used cactus string lights from Amazon when he modded his left side flasher dome to a green dome and glued a cactus on it. Looks good IMHO.

https://www.amazon.com/s

#83 11 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's totally overbearing and looks out of place, especially with the Bart head right next to it.
If scale doesn't matter, you could find better models modifying existing train set scenery. This is only $15.
[quoted image]

Interesting idea! What scale would work best ?

#84 11 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Interesting idea! What scale would work best ?

I think HO scale would work.

#85 11 months ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Train station update[quoted image][quoted image]

I bought this train station from Mezel but it wasn’t glued together very well. Coming apart at the seems and having to reinforce it myself.

Also, if the black insulation was just 3” longer it would protect those 2 tiny wires going thru the hole in the playfield.

Also, there is heat shrink tubing on the tiny wires going to the white connector but it’s like it was never hit with a hot air gun?

#86 11 months ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Train Stop

I also bought this train stop mod from Mezel. Showed up broken. Emailed them for support weeks ago to find out what type of glue to use and the orientation of the part because what they sent me doesn’t match the pics on website. Different gutter system. Piece doesn’t fit well at all. Never got a reply. Gluing it the best I can now. Hope it holds.

#87 11 months ago

Is the lantern on the Mezel Train Station mod supposed to be on (flicker) at all times? Mine flickers while game is booting but then goes out once the train starts moving (during boot) and controlled lamps come on.

I’ve tried 2 different GI sockets on my CCr. Same results with both. And the GI is ON. Shouldn’t the lantern be on?

The installed pic on the Mezel website shows the game on but the lantern is off.

Doesn’t seem right?

#88 11 months ago

1 month later
#89 10 months ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

All the best!

I think I have one with the CC I purchased!

3 months later
#90 7 months ago

First post here, I bought Cactus canyon as first pin.

Did some of my own mods, and thought I would share

1: I added some Pyrite to the Mine and gives it that there is gold in them hills

2: I added a revolver cylinder and glued in some old shells (removed the lead and powder) to the plunger

the revolver cylinder I found on aliexpress for a few bucks, drilled and tapped a hole, bought a plunger online for a Williams/bally machine and threaded the end.

20230828_205601_resized (resized).jpg20230828_205601_resized (resized).jpg20230828_205611_resized (resized).jpg20230828_205611_resized (resized).jpg20230828_205633_resized (resized).jpg20230828_205633_resized (resized).jpg20230828_205646_resized (resized).jpg20230828_205646_resized (resized).jpg20230828_205656_resized (resized).jpg20230828_205656_resized (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#91 6 months ago

Rosie's Saloon is open! Water Tower soon

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-rosie-s-saloon

IMG_0261 (resized).JPGIMG_0261 (resized).JPGIMG_0266 (resized).JPGIMG_0266 (resized).JPGIMG_0267 (resized).JPGIMG_0267 (resized).JPG
1 month later
#92 5 months ago

Rosie's Saloon looks awesome. Got on the list!

#93 5 months ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I've recently bought a new 3d printer and can now make and paint them myself.
Shipping to the usa is too expensive (best to order from Shapeways) but if someone in Europe is interested then contact me.

My Cactus Canyon mods are now available via https://pinballmods.co/cactus-canyon-pinball-mods

#94 5 months ago

Mageek did a great job on his mods. Installed on my machine and they look like they should have been there from the start.

1 week later
#95 4 months ago

Posted in the other thread but this is a little mod I added.

20231125_113735 (resized).jpg20231125_113735 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#96 4 months ago

Has anyone made 3d flipper toppers?

4 months later
#97 15 days ago

*Mod Alert* I went to the doctor and got a cactus enlargement. Message me if interested. $100 a pop.

51643843-EAB6-4D8F-B815-12AC4D505916 (resized).jpeg51643843-EAB6-4D8F-B815-12AC4D505916 (resized).jpeg8937AF1E-C09C-43A9-AE14-2F710FE7BA9C (resized).jpeg8937AF1E-C09C-43A9-AE14-2F710FE7BA9C (resized).jpeg
#98 14 days ago
Quoted from GreenMarine:

*Mod Alert* I went to the doctor and got a cactus enlargement. Message me if interested. $100 a pop.

Can you explain to me how you arrived at this asking price? I’m not entirely sure but I think this is only a plastic cactus flasher cover.

#99 14 days ago

Can you explain to me how you arrived at this asking price? I’m not entirely sure but I think this is only a plastic cactus flasher cover.</blockquoteits

There’s work that goes into it. That price is what my time is worth to create. I’m not looking to get rich but if someone wants one then I’ll make one for ‘em for $100.

#100 14 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Can you explain to me how you arrived at this asking price? I’m not entirely sure but I think this is only a plastic cactus flasher cover.

There’s work that goes into it. That price is what my time is worth to create. I’m not looking to get rich but if someone wants one then I’ll make one for ‘em for $100.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-mod-thread-/page/2?hl=ballderdash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.