(Topic ID: 319733)

Cactus Canyon Remake, Maiden, Elvira HOH??

By rai

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What do you like the most???”

• Iron Maiden premium 24 votes
      37%
    • Elvira HOH premium 26 votes
      40%
    • CC remake standard with topper 15 votes
      23%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

87E3AD36-291A-4AFE-9271-2A115686D281 (resized).jpeg
    #1 1 year ago

I'm getting short on room but I would be able to add 1-2 of these machines but not all three due to space.

I believe my ranking is

Maiden
    CC
    Elvira

I have not played as much on CCR and have not played Maiden premium a lot but have a good amount of time on both Elvira and Maiden pro.

#2 1 year ago

For me it's

1. Iron Maiden
    2. Cactus Canyon
    3. Elvira HOH

Maybe it didn't click with me, but after playing Elvira on 2 separate occasions for over an hour each time I just couldn't get into. It's not a bad game, just okay imo. Bums me out since I love Scared Stiff and Party Monsters. But yeah, pretty big power gap between CC and HOH.

#3 1 year ago

I'd go with Maiden. I had EHoh and liked it for a while but it doesn't seem to have the staying power of Maiden.

#4 1 year ago

Godzilla
    Jurassic Park
    Rush (love the pin and not a big fan of the band)

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Godzilla
    Jurassic Park
    Rush (love the pin and not a big fan of the band)

Wrong thread?

#6 1 year ago

I've owned all three, loved maidens play, cant get into the music. Will never sell our ehoh, so much to do . I bought a ccr se and liked it enough to get an le. But it's about as deep as a mud puddle, so not sure how long it will stay. So,
    1. Ehoh
    2. Ccr
    3. Maiden

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've owned all three, loved maidens play, cant get into the music. Will never sell our ehoh, so much to do . I bought a ccr se and liked it enough to get an le. But it's about as deep as a mud puddle, so not sure how long it will stay. So,
    1. Ehoh
    2. Ccr
    3. Maiden

Agree. However I’d never own IM because of theme.
    EHOH is a Bally/WMS feel game deceptively deep and fun even if you don’t know much about Elvira.
    CCr is the first remake better than the original. The game will be epic with the topper and the optional code package (and it’s terrific as it is now).

#8 1 year ago

Oh I'm not knocking ccr at all. It's just not as deep as ehoh, but that's not a bad thing at all. We have an le coming and I can't wait to get it. I do think it's most likely a keeper, fun to have a game that's so straight forward , and it is so well built!

#9 1 year ago

Need a poll

#10 1 year ago

FWIW CC was the quickest game to leave my house. Snooze fest

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I'm getting short on room but I would be able to add 1-2 of these machines but not all three due to space.
    I believe my ranking is
    Maiden
    CC
    Elvira
    I have not played as much on CCR and have not played Maiden premium a lot but have a good amount of time on both Elvira and Maiden pro.

I’ve gotten Cactus Canyon and Maiden Premium in the last 2 weeks and both are keepers.

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

FWIW CC was the quickest game to leave my house. Snooze fest

You are hardly an objective source given your documented extreme bitterness toward Chicago Gaming.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from jfh:

You are hardly an objective source given your documented extreme bitterness toward Chicago Gaming.

Bitter about my leg issue, not necessarily bitter at CGC. Beat the game in just a few days. It lacks in code significantly.

#14 1 year ago

IMDN is my favorite of the three, but if you don't like their music I can see that being difficult to get around. Both CC and EHOH are easy but also have a very fun atmosphere. The late Saturday night pins after I've had a few too many.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Bitter about my leg issue, not necessarily bitter at CGC. Beat the game in just a few days. It lacks in code significantly.

Well new code is coming ya know

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Well new code is coming ya know

True that! Might be years? Who knows…….

#17 1 year ago

At any rate I’d recommend Iron Maiden or Elvira HoH and let the CC code play out. Will be a ton of them on the market to grab down the road.

#18 1 year ago

Naw man, you just have a bad feeling with the leg issue, you have a couple pins I'd drop in a second over cc, mandi, aiq, ,,,

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Naw man, you just have a bad feeling with the leg issue, you have a couple pins I'd drop in a second over cc, mandi, aiq, ,,,

#20 1 year ago

I have both Godzilla and JP premium already, is Maiden code as good as those two? I am a big fan of Keith, love Zombie Yetti and while I don't love the music of maiden, it's not bad in that the modes have some story/theme to play with.

#21 1 year ago

I played CC remake this week, I was not a fan of the stop/go- pop-up target shooting which seems like a lot of the game.

I do see that it's fairly shallow but I am not a great player so it might be the better matched to my skills.

#22 1 year ago

EHOH is A LOT of fun, but I know more than 1 guy that has had endless problems with the optos under the house.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I have both Godzilla and JP premium already

THE HOLY TRINITY
    DO IT

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

EHOH is A LOT of fun, but I know more than 1 guy that has had endless problems with the optos under the house.

Never had opto issue. And honestly don't know anyone personally who has. Luck of the draw, I guess, but I don't think it's a widespread issue

#25 1 year ago

Maiden all day. Code is great. And Elwin…. Soooo…..

#26 1 year ago

I actually prefer maiden over Godzilla, but Zilla is a close second for GOAT. Second would be CCR assuming the new code turns it up to 11.

I find Elvira ok on location. Has some annoying repetitiveness to it. It's fun, but I'd never want to own one.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's fun, but I'd never want to own one.

I personally agree, but my wife, a fellow pinhead, absolutely loves this game. If it doesn't someday come home with us she may leave me for a >50 pin collector with HOH LE in their collection

#28 1 year ago

Enjoy all three but probably Maiden.
    Just a fantastic game.

#29 1 year ago

For me it's Maiden. Should have never sold it. Not a big fan of the theme/music but it really did do it for me for gameplay in hindsight.

Owned Elvira and it just didn't last long. CC remake is fun but not keep in your basement fun for me.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Never had opto issue. And honestly don't know anyone personally who has. Luck of the draw, I guess, but I don't think it's a widespread issue

Ever thought that was cause you were too busy farming hay? No.
    Cause you only think about yourself.

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Ever thought that was cause you were too busy farming hay? No.
    Cause you only think about yourself.

#32 1 year ago

EHOH

#33 1 year ago

1. IM
    2. EHOH

1 week later
    #34 1 year ago

EHOH is the best pin I've ever played! Honestly it's so crazy you guys when you get into what Lyman did modes actually change depending on what do like those choose your own adventure books. In night of the living dead you gota get in the celler to get away from the zombies there are so many things like that and then it has an AFM/MM style layout with the smoothest shots ever just to boot!

#35 1 year ago

There isn't a wrong choice here.

I own an EHOH, I have a CCr on order, and I've told my distributor if they ever plan on doing another IM run, put me in.

It really depends on what you value in a game.

If you like games that are just fun and have a great sense of humor, then EHOH and CCr are the better bets.

If you like games with deep code and fun decision making, then EHOH and IM are the best bets.

If you like games with satisfying shots, then IM and CCr are better bets.

My personal rankings would be:
    EHOH,
    IM,
    CCr

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from MacGruber:

EHOH is the best pin I've ever played! Honestly it's so crazy you guys when you get into what Lyman did modes actually change depending on what do like those choose your own adventure books. In night of the living dead you gota get in the celler to get away from the zombies there are so many things like that and then it has an AFM/MM style layout with the smoothest shots ever just to boot!

Good points, but the layout is nothing special, and the callouts and little film clips get old fast. I like campy, but ehoh becomes redundant campy in no time. Still a good game, but maiden is just leagues better.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Good points, but the layout is nothing special, and the callouts and little film clips get old fast. I like campy, but ehoh becomes redundant campy in no time. Still a good game, but maiden is just leagues better.

I just ordered CC +topper, also have Maiden and Elvira on order, might not have room for all three, will play Elvira more to see. (also have Fathom remake on order not sure about that but I'd like to have some 'old school' pinball that I had passed over in my collection).

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I just ordered CC +topper, also have Maiden and Elvira on order, might not have room for all three, will play Elvira more to see. (also have Fathom remake on order not sure about that but I do like to have some old school pinball that I kind of passed over in my collection).

So what you're saying is you have room for 2 of these 3? Then you ordered 4 lol we're all so hopeless here!!!

#39 1 year ago

Have all 3 in a row currently (maiden on temp trade with a friend). I have a hard time deciding between IMDN and EHOH. Maiden is the most challenging and i have been a fan of the music since the 80’s. Elvira is easier to shoot but i love the theme, the callouts and the campiness. I’m going to have to say:

1) EHOH
    2) IMDN
    3) CCr

87E3AD36-291A-4AFE-9271-2A115686D281 (resized).jpeg87E3AD36-291A-4AFE-9271-2A115686D281 (resized).jpeg
    7 months later
    #40 1 year ago

Any thoughts now that CCr is getting delivered. I have EHOH but thinking of adding CCr LE or IMDM Premium. I have a lead on the CCrLE and have an order for IMDM in May run. I also have FFLE, PFLE and TBL coming in. So not sure which one CCr LE or the IMDM to get. I played and liked them both but completely different games which makes it a hard decision.

1 week later
    #41 1 year ago

I had all 3 on order and play them at arcade just to round them up in my mind what I like, they’re all great but I elected to keep CC SE+ order and drop Elvira and Iron Maiden orders, I added PFLE order.

Elvira with topper is …. $12K vs CC SE+ (topper) less than $10k.

It’s the same deal if I got Elvira without topper at $10.5k vs CC SE $8k (plus shipping).

I like Maiden a lot but it might be too challenging for me, I’ve got a lot of other challenging games and think CC is more achievable for my skills.

I’ve got 15 pins, 10 of them are Stern, I’d like to have more from CGC only have AFM LE currently.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-maiden-elvira-hoh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.