(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 2 years ago

Cannot wait for my LE. Too exciting!

2 weeks later
#308 2 years ago

Ball Baron Ninjas. I buy em by the handful. Bought 3 handfuls… 2 handfuls are still unused.

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from Hop721:

What polisher do you use, out of curiosity? And what medium?

Berry polisher and corncob media with flitz additive

3 weeks later
#736 2 years ago

“Customers will forgive late. They will not forgive wrong.”

Bravo CGC. Epic statement.

2 weeks later
#1349 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

As you can see in this pic, the routing for doors is totally different.[quoted image]

CGC upgrade kit.

010AB581-0FB8-4AAE-BFB3-0812A879BB07 (resized).jpeg010AB581-0FB8-4AAE-BFB3-0812A879BB07 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#1790 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Come on CGC ... get one to Richard in Canada !

Richard is getting his consolation prize while he waits…
B5B540F4-55BB-4EB8-8334-39CA331E4268.gifB5B540F4-55BB-4EB8-8334-39CA331E4268.gif

1 month later
#2601 1 year ago
Quoted from davej:

Like others I waited over 2 years for my MMRLE, just settling in on this one. It will be here when it gets here. Not much to do about it.

Yep. My life ain’t stopping and I ain’t dropping.

CGC is right on their schedule. Welcome to the big wait.

I’m really enjoying the ‘gotta have it now’ crowds out there.

#2661 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Curious of peoples thoughts, I know some are just No-Mod, but what is your opinion on if this would tastefully fit if your alright with mods, if I painted it up to match a character. Just trying to decide if I want to put the time in on the paint job.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I love it! Beautiful.

#2667 1 year ago

3 weeks later
#3365 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

At this point, I'm glad that the LEs have hit a snag...I hope CGC get's this under control soon. It sucks that people are having to deal with this. What happened CGC? You use to put out the best pins in the business.

Covid happened.

#3461 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Yep. It will get all sorted out so future games won’t have ruined decals.
Unfortunately for me mine are ruined for life. There is no way to fix other than replace the decals which would be on me to do and I am not going to tackle that. So, this game has ruined decals for life. Thats my point and why I am a negative bitter person right now.

Mirco has mirrored Radcals for CC. Maybe an option? Wrinkled decals fucking suck. Period, end of story, but are not life threatening like somebodies pf issues. You know…the other guys.

Here’s the link: https://mircoplayfields.com/en/c/mirror-rad-cals-cabinet-art

Of course this is like quitting crack by talking about it with the corner dealer….

#3462 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You seem to forget two things
1) that CGC already installs what was the aftermarket accessory for avoiding leg damage - the metal standoffs. The issue here is the leg deformation is exceeding the clearance the metal protectors give.
2) The expectation that this isn't a concern because of #1 and prior knowledge of the games from CGC to-date.
Yes, you can go further... but your assertion that 'this should be seen as the norm' because of what was done years before...doesn't align with CCr - because its not made like games from years ago were.

1998 Monster Bash decal damage anyone? Now THOSE were bad. Awful.

#3469 1 year ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Seems to me they are using the same leg design as years gone by. Put on the same design cabinet & bolted with the same size bolts as 20+ years ago into the same style of plates. Many, many other aspects of the game are a direct copy of the original. Apparently, that's why they call it a remake.
If I took an old leg & put it on a new CCr game are we certain that no damage would result? Maybe, maybe not. I would probably come down to how the leg was pressed. If I was a pinball manufacturer I would be including a set of Pincab protectors with every game. Use them at your discretion.
I know the damage would be disappointing for people. I feel sorry for them as I know I would be heartbroken. I have a LE on order so I am watching events closely. I also own a an original, with the standard leg damage to the decals of course.
I think in this situation the best that people could expect is a new set of decals supplied & maybe a set of Pincabs. I would be surprised if anything more than that was on offer.
Hard to believe there could be problems with a new machine out of the box. It's like buying a new house & finding something wrong with it.

Well, JJP is still ignoring issues over in that thread. Can’t say I’m surprised. If CGC does anything that’s great. If not, meh. Easily repairable.

#3500 1 year ago

I’ll take every single issue CGC has had hands down over Stern and JJP issues. Please.

I’m more happy than ever I’m in on an LE.

#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t think anyone would be happy.
But there is a world of difference between unhappy and bitter (“angry, hurt, or resentful because of one's bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment; unable to deal with a situation”). A bitter person is often passive-aggressive, conflict seeking and convinced everyone else is at fault regardless of circumstance.
It is perfectly understandable (and reasonable) that someone would be unhappy or disappointed if the decals on their new game was damaged. To be bitter over a situation that isn’t life threatening, of major consequence, and that can be repaired is not.
As expensive as a new pinball game is, imagine how much more expensive it would have to be for the manufacturer to guarantee everything would be perfect out of the box every time. No tweaks, no adjustments, no expectation that the owner has any responsibility ever. That might be ok for some multimillionaires but not for the vast majority here.
Hopefully in this case it’s an overreaction by one person who wasn’t willing to see how CGC handles the situation before apparently going off the deep end.

Text always reads odd when passion is involved. Just ask my wife.

Maybe he just used the wrong word. “Bitter” meaning upset.

Or you’re spot on and he’s just expecting the world every time things don’t work out.

I’d have to believe that if one possesses the means they possess a logic along with it. Don’t know any hysterical dopes who are financially stable.

#3507 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

BTW I am not a hysterical dope. I am just disappointed something as dumb as defective legs ruined my cabinet decals.
In the grand scheme of life, does this matter? No. But in terms of my $8000 game, yes its disappointing and I am bitter about it. Did it ruin my weekend? Hell no.

Never called you one. In case you interpreted my text that way. That was a generalization based on the wealthy individuals I’ve met along my journey.

#3633 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

PM_Jeremy Thanks for posting that link.
I took a quick watch and felt I needed to comment on what was stated about the replacement flipper shaft bushings. He got it wrong when he stated that the interface between the flipper shaft and bushings is aluminum. The flipper shafts supplied with my flipper mod are Stainless Steel, not aluminum. I assume he was using his analogy of metal friction in a dry condition? not sure. However, they are not installed dry, a small amount of light weight oil or lithum grease is applied which will last a very long time in this application as rotational speeds are low as well as torsional loads. In all fareness I cannot fault him for not knowing this as he did not order and install the bushings. In addition, I think he may not have picked up on the real benefits of installing the bushings, it's about recovering lost energy due to the slop in the plastic bushings and improving the flipper/ball control. To that end perhaps going into a little more about how the system works together I would add the following as others may find this helpful.
About a year ago when I was experimenting with different flipper angles on AIQ I started taking a critical look at the components that make up the flipper mechanism. I kept thinking there’s got to be a better way. I became obsessed with wanting to improve what I felt was undoubtedly the most interactive part of playing pinball.
From my perspective some game layouts, ramps, and shot making challenges have evolved to a point where having a more refined/precise flipper system would improve the playability of the game. When you really think about that for a minute I think one could agree.
I’m pretty confident as to why all the game manufacturers keep using these same flipper parts, they’re very low cost, they’ve been the norm for years, and they work OK. As pinball enthusiasts should we just settle for OK? Maybe OK is fine, but I wanted to raise the bar.
My goal was three-fold, design a system that would make it super easy to adjust the flipper angle (from above the playfield), improve the flipper responsiveness/control, and potentially improve the overall ability for the flipper to deliver more energy to the ball.
The logical way to do this IMO was to design a system that utilized materials that transfer energy more efficiently (plastic absorbs energy and flexes), incorporate tighter tolerances into the parts to improve shot making accuracy while at the same time recovering lost energy in the mechanism, and lastly make it easy to install.
It took several different iterations to get there, but after seven months I was on track with what's now the production version. If you really want to find out just how much slop is in the factory set up, grab hold of your flipper and rock it around its rotational axis, you'll see and feel it. The number one question everyone has been asking me in PM’s is does this system increase the performance of the flippers, the answer is YES.
This system isn’t just about experienced players either. Everyone who enters into this hobby has to learn the art of ball control, having the ability to easily install a longer flipper bat gives those new players a better opportunity to perhaps shorten the learning curve. I think of the longer flipper bats as being training wheels for pinball! Then on the opposite end is the ability to easily install shortened flipper bats for those players who want a bigger challenge playing the game. The ‘Long and Short’ of it is this system brings it all together.
This mod may not be for everyone, and that’s fine, I’m not trying to convince everyone to ditch their factory flipper set up. But for those players looking for a high-quality product that rewards the player with enhanced playability and opens the door for more options (now and in the future) then this system is for you!
I’ve been playing pinball going on sixty years now, it all started for me at my local bowling alley arcade. A lot has changed in pinball over the years and that’s a good thing, we’ve all benefited from those advancements. Developing this mod is my way of helping to move the hobby and industry forward in an area that in my opinion has been overlooked by the manufacturers for too long. Players now have more options to mod their games, as I see it that’s a good thing.
Happy Flippen!

Will these also fit W/B IJ? JD? DM?

#3634 1 year ago

Just bought CCr Radcal Mirror decals. Perfect reason to convert my LE whenever it’s here.

#3640 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Can you put the new radcal decals right over the old ones or do you need to take off the old ones first?

Technically yes, but I’ll get rid of the factory stuff and do minor prep before installing Radcals. Cakewalk. 3-5 hour job if I loaf it.

#3641 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

underlord Thanks for asking. On the W/B games yes, but you would need to order the bushings specific to that game series listed in the ordering options, the flipper system will drop in as well using the original factory plastic bushings if you want to leave them as is.
Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any other specific questions you would like me to answer.
Thanks!

Thank you.

1 week later
#3841 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Turns out that the plunger had developed a slight burr, that combined with slight dishing of the coil stop was enough to cause the problem. Replaced the plunger with linkage and coil stop

Geez…Stern still using those aluminum foil coil stops? AFAIK CGC is not in that camp.

#3945 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I haven’t seen any other posts here about chipped clear (we get those all the time in the Stern threads, which I think is why they went to a much thinner clearcoat).

Sterns next round of cost cutting:

If no clearcoat is put on it can’t chip. Done and done. Every next title ships with a sample sized carnauba wax.

#4005 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’m in the ship ‘em out crowd. But what is the alternative to that or stockpiling them? Just put the staff on leave and halt production? Downtime in a factory is a killer. They’d be better off renting warehouse space if they are bent on holding back inventory rather than shipping toppers separately. Something doesn’t add up...

CGC builds many other things other than pinball machines. I’m guessing they can just move staff around. Just cuz one area is down means little in a giant building like that.

#4072 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tetris.
Got it.
LTG : )

Everyone else can run CGC, must’ve been my turn. My head was getting too big Lloyd. Thanks for grounding me amigo.

More like Stratego I’d think. Dammit. There I go again!

2 weeks later
#4444 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

It’s all mentioned in the past pages etc
Supply issues / part shortages / wrong parts sent : leg concerns etc …
Trust Me EVERYONE that ordered an LE wants a their game
Richard better get his SE first tho !!
I started only checking the thread every couple days in hopes to hear that announcement but nothing yet
Me … personally I don’t expect it until winter into spring of 2023 but would love to be pleasantly surprised

I think customs has been playing it. They’ve had it for months so it must be fun!

#4514 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

My two points:
1: If I’m waiting forever for an SE+ I should just pick up an SE for $7900 (or less) and cancel my + order.
2: If I’m waiting forever let me know and i’ll grab another game (GZ) in the meantime and be patient for the SE+
Please let us know specifics CGC!

CCr is far from the only thing on my mind in the past year. Life and pinball changes have been made, yet I’m fine just waiting. My HWN will be paid off long before I get this title.

Sounds like you’ve already made your decision. They’re not going to let anyone know until ready. Could be a month…could be a year.

#4537 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Don’t forget about the Medieval Madness run they are supposedly doing in 2023 as well. How snugly will that fit into the aforementioned LE/SE+ timeline? Might have to settle for a Chinese knockoff at some point.

Very supposedly.

1 week later
#4806 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Well, don’t take my word, but these work good for me. Here’s what I bought.. ebay.com link: itm
Granted, I give them a quick wipedown before throwing them in a machine (I do that with all pinballs). I’m sure there’s better balls, but for $54 shipped, I ain’t bitchin

Ball Baron Ninja’s. I’ll never go back to regular pinballs again.

#4877 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

If I wanted to add a couple standard 6.3v lamps to the playfield, how would I do that on a CCr? They don’t use the 6.3v sockets like older pins. Those are easy to add Comet LEDs to. I don’t wanna go full pinstadium or anything, just add a few LEDs above the pf here and there. Ideas?

Led strips hidden on sides, spotlights added to slingshot plastics…

#4968 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I heard PtownPin’s game will be delivered last to ensure he won’t be disappointed by CGC’s schedule.

Ok, comedy gold right there.

#4977 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

God forbid anyone talk smack about CGC's short comings ....especially jfh who I'm convinced is getting perks from CGC

2D0967E9-FD25-4366-97AF-502D6E87DA37.gif2D0967E9-FD25-4366-97AF-502D6E87DA37.gif
#4978 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

People will find something to whinge about, probably complain bout the splinter they got from the wooden apron or the plaque is slightly discoloured……there’s always a Ptownpin in every thread

Hey! I’m not whinging! Who’s whinging?! That guy over there! He’s been a whinger since way back; I would whurry about him!

#5017 1 year ago

With the pineapple still wedged pretty tight; and the issues are more than a few, I’m seriously considering backing out of this one, I’ll just continue to restore 90’s B/W to new. The longer this goes on; the less interested I become…..& at the moment I really couldn’t give a fuck wether I get it or not !

You do you brother. If it doesn’t tickle yer balls then yeah, I’d move on too. I admire your commitment so far.

#5154 1 year ago
Quoted from greystone_way:

CCr is my first pin, we've had it a few months and am really glad it's here. Recently went to an arcade that had a good collection of newer Sterns, other CGC and JJP tables, I noticed all of them were much easier to nudge and move around. Mine feels solid like a rock, especially side to side. Is this normal for CCr, or is there something I can adjust? I had it on felt furniture movers, pulled those off and felt no difference.

Ha. Welcome to the Churchill cabinet side of the fence. CGC has been building cabinets forever. Stern gets cheaper, Church gets deeper.

I just really wanted to rhyme. Sounded better in my head.

#5206 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

No. Made the Bally image after I got my Williams one made for my mb and mm, I knew the CCr didn’t come with a Bally image. So I made one to put on my afm to replace the stock Bally image that would match my CCr eventually.
[quoted image]

This thread is all about three things:
1) pineapples
2) did Richard get his game
3) uhm…other stuff.

Just shut down the FAQ section now.

3 weeks later
#5570 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I need good audio please CGC
Im 1/2 deaf and suffer tinnitus.
I notice a number of people have complained about the low audio with a number of machines.
Can you resolve please CGC

41506FE1-7D7F-4D94-836B-DD7F648F5F7E.gif41506FE1-7D7F-4D94-836B-DD7F648F5F7E.gif
4 weeks later
#6200 1 year ago

Shit shows up when it’s ready. No other thought put into CGC timelines.

#6317 1 year ago

Man, you guys kill me. I hope CGC takes as long as they like bc I don’t give a fuck, I have a life outside of pinball; my kids didn’t act as bad as some of you turds ( you know who you are ) oh where’s my game, breaking rules, violations, they said she said he said, red flags blah fucken blah; you whingers just ruin everyone else’s excitement, I’ve never experienced so many fucken know it alls in one place.

Some just venting, some trying to stir up trouble, most are meh.

Thread is average for any product rollout delay. Nothing else to it.

#6432 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I saw 71 new messages.
I thought, "surely someone is unboxing an LE" !!!
I'm so gullible.....

Nah. Hopeful Realist.
Spiritual thinker.
Goose and a Ganderer.
Perpetual people prognosticator.

#6556 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m not hiding behind anything. If I’m calling anyone out with a it’s because I think they are being unreasonable or ridiculous or just harping on stuff no one here can fix.

Agree 100%. The silence is frustrating. Unfortunately Pinside has shown that honesty isn’t always the best policy given the reactions that happen when we do get an official comment.
Look at what happens most of the time I’ve posted updates I thought people would like to know. I get a lot you’re full of BS/you’re wrong/you don’t know (if that’s your opinion, fine) typically followed with how bad CGC is and why can’t they just post here themselves?
Basically most news is followed by attacks.
I’ve posted less info in recent months in part because of this and I kind of regret posting what I did last week because I should have known what would happen.
From here on out, I’ll keep what I know and learn to myself or for FAQ updates. (Doesn’t apply to those I’m working with by PM).

Any business, ANY, that ignores Pinside or other hobby outlets due to a few bad apples seems like long term poor business ethics.

We have upset customers every week, in our face, but they are less than 1% of our entire customer base. Business will persevere. Nature of the human condition.

Do they frustrate and linger rent free in our heads, right or wrong? Of course. But we always try to communicate with everyone as much as we can. That’s why we are kicking the other grumps asses in customer retention.
This is not a critism of CGC, just one hobbyists experience who gets why the ignore can be tempting.

#6562 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Very true. I doubt there are many that would disagree.
But the big guys think differently. In every single manufacturer’s thread there are complaints and example after example of non-communication or poor customer service. With rare exceptions no manufacturer rep posts on Pinside anymore after all of them were regular contributors. They all seem to have come to the same conclusion - posting on Pinside is a no-win toxic time drain because of those few bad apples. - and have apparently made the decision that the PR hit isn’t enough to warrant change.

Spooky is still in it. Time drain? Aww hell yeah. Toxic? I disagree.

#6571 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think if you weed through everything you would conclude it’s not toxic long term. But that was my view of what the big boys think. They think it’s toxic and aren’t going to spend the time to see otherwise.

True enough. Their loss. Throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Group is vast majority of smart funny professionals in their craft.

I wouldn’t waste my time here if it was otherwise.

#6661 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

By far most of the people I’ve met or dealt with on Pinside are very positive, nice people. A few boogers here and there, but usually it’s easy to identify those folks. I would agree with the 90% comment. That’s been my experience at least.

65D8D0C9-EFD0-4ACC-95BE-631CFBB592A7.gif65D8D0C9-EFD0-4ACC-95BE-631CFBB592A7.gif
#6721 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Unless the community rallies behind it and forces it on all posters you will always face what you have now... drop-ins who just want to be spoon fed on-demand.

11086C8A-B013-4539-976E-16DB5C52F4AB.gif11086C8A-B013-4539-976E-16DB5C52F4AB.gif

1 week later
#7323 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

There are a few threads on Pinside.
Here is one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/best-anti-glare-glass-1
I have not seen Voodoo however it is highly rated.

I own PDI, invisiglass and voodoo. All do the same job. All look near invisible until fingerprints or dust. I would recommend any that are on sale as cheaper is fine.

#7351 1 year ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

PDI glass is an etched product, all other products are sprayed coatings. All of the sprayed coatings will fad over time. PDI costs the most, but it is the best.

Whatever. What’s the fade timeline? 10 years? 20? I’ll be planted by then. I’ll enjoy my two for one pricing. Thank you.

#7453 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

letting it die on the vine, before one poster has to fill out a "hurt feelings report" !

Please tell me that’s not a fucking thing. You ARE kidding, right?

#7471 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Might have to merge games. Lol. I doubt you need one on CGC games. Mine do not show any wear. (About 500 plays on my SE and about 800+ on MMrLE your time traveling may vary* PS. Funny you mention this because I have wear on a brand new GotG with less than 200 plays! Clearcoat chipped and now wood is bruised. Not happy with that. But that crew seems to think ‘that’s the norm’
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Stern says all pins are unique like snowflakes. Stern also says that chicks dig scars. Pretty sure it was on a tag with the keys on my nib.

1 week later
#7768 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Holy fucking shit CGC. Just ship the toppers separately. I know it will cost you a little more, hell most customers would probably pay separately for topper shipment. I would! But then you would keep your customers confidence in your company. I have purchased 6 machines from cgc in total. And for the first time my confidence in cgc is not so good.

Why the rush? It’ll get here when it gets here.

#7922 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

It's been over a year. You buyers like this is why the industry and manufacturers flip us off over and over. They can do what they want. Well I might just be done with cgc after this!

Meh. I’ll take the hit. CGC getting away with nothing. Something? Anything? I’m not sure.

Great products, always slow and always behind schedule. Again, great pins though. And priced well comparatively.

#8048 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

All you unhappy, terrible, pissy customers. Their will be no pleasing you. If your unhappy or don't think the value is there, you can always get a refund!
I mean it's only been over a year, where is your patience. Pinball is hard. U suck pinsiders!

BB977CB1-A3B5-4284-9832-EA4735740193.gifBB977CB1-A3B5-4284-9832-EA4735740193.gif
1 week later
#8277 1 year ago

I have only enough space for one boxed pin in my garage. No pin room left. Not sure what to do. Trade my LE spot back to CGC or keep it stuffed away for awhile?

P-Town knows about my MMRRE troubles right now. I want to keep them all!

#8324 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Meh. More like sticking it to someone for max profit is what he had in mind I am pretty sure based on his ads.

Me? You mean ad, singular? That I pulled to keep the pin. Testing the interest ceiling on that title. Bonus is finding out how folks react to fs ads, even obscene ones like mine. I am legit out of room, not hoarding nib titles. Although that would be something to see. A room full of high-test LE’s. All sleeping, waiting for the chance to get opened.

Yeah, you got me all figured out.

And you can’t ‘meh’ then insult strangers.

#8325 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I'd squirrel it away versus giving it up + u probably won't get it for a year and many things can happen in a year....u didn't sell that Royal yet? I'm not sure I would use the word trouble....its a problem many would like

No. Pulled the ad. I had offers. And yeah, they were up there. I have no confidence that CGC will remake MMR’s. So I’ll wait it out and if space opens up that’ll be magical. First world problems.

I’ll stay with CCR for now. You’re right. Plans change.

#8392 1 year ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Yeah no doubt. I have to give props to CGC for keeping the price the same. I have had a EHOH on order longer than I have had this CCr on order. My distributor when I put the deposit had a schedule and a price from Stern. Stern was supposed to make the game a couple of times and it kept getting pushed on the schedule. They announced last week a schedule and a 2k price increase.
CGC did start shipping their games about a year later than they said, but honored their price. I would rather get the game a year late then pay a 2k price increase.

There is no honor in keeping an agreed price set and deposit made if circumstances are beyond customers control. Stern allowed other products to be manufactured while sidelining existing orders. Folks need to cancel and tell Stern to pound sand.

#8396 1 year ago
Quoted from Hop721:

Yeah, I'm in the same boat waiting on EHOH. Last I saw was a run scheduled for February. I can live with the wait (got no choice) but the price increase burns my brownies a bit.

Got no choice? Why? Non refundable deposit? Seems 2 grand eats that right up.

And yeah, you pull out and it WILL hurt them. Distributor, and Stern. Both allowing situation to happen.

These are pinball machines, and Stern on top of that. Fun, sure. Non-serviceable and unobtainable electronics, (at least for now) with the same or worse warranty others have for thousands more? GFY Stern. And JJP for that matter.

#8400 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

I agree with serviceable comments. How about CGC games being serviced? They have big beagle board and surface mounted chips correct. Explain if theirs an advantage thanks. My big worry with new games

Parts availability. Order and get. Done. No ‘daisy-chained’ nodes that fail like Xmas tree lights. Whole pin shuts down. Stern on intergalactic parts back order. Word is using all they got to build build build. Nothing left for parts failures.
CGC Similar electronics since 2014 when first remakes were made. I’ve been watching CGC failure reports ever since. Very few. Stern dumped SAM systems for spike 1 then 2. Cheaper and cheaper.

Don’t get me wrong. I have fun playing Sterns, no doubt. But owning one beyond 2014 feels, well, cheaped out. Add price increases and nope. Sterns just good enough to play, not own.

1 week later
#8582 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ah. Those are in the FAQ for anyone that wants to order from the designer directly

48E9BE80-1382-44D6-AD8B-F4F24C208DC2.gif48E9BE80-1382-44D6-AD8B-F4F24C208DC2.gif
#8608 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

How is this even a problem? If FedEx is going to make the process more difficult bc of “concealed damage” then i’ll reveal that shit to them in front of their face. It’s their problem, not mine. I didn’t ship it, they did. I’m just attempting to receive unmolested goods. They should be required to prove to me that they shipped it responsibly. If they inflicted damage on a product they said they could deliver in one piece then their insurance is what needs to cover their loss. I’m not wasting time and money on a problem I didn’t cause.

My Halloween arrived the day before it was scheduled to drop. In my yard on a slanted hill. Nobody home. Driver dumped it in my yard tilted. One breeze and it would’ve rolled down. Lucky my neighbor came out as the driver drove away and pulled it up by himself. That’s the world now.

Can’t refuse shipment if drivers are dumping items days earlier than agreed.

#8745 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sadly you might not be far off

Soooo….

I’ve got time to save up.

#8747 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Plenty...and free up some space

Amen to that brother bear.

2 weeks later
#9357 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Been away from pinside and pinball for a bit figured I'd check in here as I've had a deposit on one since forever it seems lol( oct/nov 2021) I seen that they are now possibly running the se+ models ? Figured they get the le out first? Here's to hoping they get things moving a bit better

LE’s JUST started trickling out. First 100 or so. SE+ is a loooong way off.

#9360 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

They are not producing 30+ games per week right now, more like 20 max.

Gotta admit. Speculation can be fun. I do enjoy these wait and see times.

#9369 1 year ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

It’s kind of pointless to try to control Pinside!! Every owners thread on pinside has people speculating on when they will receive games…because some people just like to do that. So let them!!!
Personally, I have plenty of games and I don’t care when I get mine. I’m just glad CGC makes a damn fine quality game and I plan to get every remake. I don’t care if they take 3 years to ship because they’re fixing stuff. And I don’t care if CGC doesn’t want to state what they’re fixing. I’m just glad I have an option to buy some of these classics at a reasonable price with quality that is top nachos!!!
But I am annoyed at your posts on this thread. And it takes A LOT to make me annoyed!! It takes a lot to for me to post something like this as usually I just pass over and whatever…but look at your percentage of posts in this thread? That’s a poop ton brother and a high percentage of those posts are scolding other people posting in this thread.
Perhaps start your own private CGC CCr thread where you establish posting rules? Or let the thread live…

JFH is trying to contribute the way he knows how. Just let it roll amigo. I haven’t ever checked the faq page and I couldn’t care less. So far the scoldings have been fine. He’s never been insulting. Abrasive? I guess so, but some others are just flat out annoying. Compared to the ending years of Rec.Games.pinball this is a cake walk.
Not defending the guy. He does act like he owns the joint.

#9436 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Okay we are all in the same boat. So, it could be three more days or three more months? Is it that the distributors/resellers are more interested in additional game sales, and have lost their focus? I would really hope that CGC realizes how bad that would be for their label. How hard is a little communication? Dealers definitely have or should have a list as to which customer will be satisfied with their game next. How hard would a simple spreadsheet creation be? At least it would give a point of reference. I get all of the delays, production issues, etc. I am willing to wait for the best product I can receive. I am NOT asking for too much. Is there a Planetary Pinball resource that watches this thread? I understand knowing you have X people in front of you might cause some follow-up, but really?

Wait and see Amigo=Option 1. Or option 2 if option one isn’t an option.

1 week later
#9816 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you happier with them halfway or all the way closed?

The way I play I can close both out lanes with rubber bands and still suck.

#9818 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

How do you fix ball trap here? Happened twice already.
[quoted image]

Bar to right of ball needs tighter bend to the left.

1 week later
#9981 1 year ago

Sears atc/cycle Jack with pblifter cage. I built mine in 2008. Great tool.

#10048 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Or you can just leave it off

That’s how I play! Wow!

#10114 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Didn't your initial invoice state the final price?
I am paying some over MSRP but at least I was told exactly how much over MSRP from the start.
Does not sound ethical to change the price at the last minute.

Stern says it’s acceptable. BUY BUY BUY!

Seriously though, did your Distro inform you? It was it, btw, you owe us $2500 more.

#10156 1 year ago
Quoted from Inferno:

I appreciate everyone chiming in on the price gouging topic.
I am not pleased with the outcome, an additional $3k is a tough pill to swallow. I'm an average Joe, I don't wipe my rear end with money. Purchasing something this expensive is a big deal. I get the hairy eyeball from the wife, as I'm sure many of you are familiar with.
I almost want to back out and get in line for an SE +. I have to say, I'm a little "gun shy" (pun intended) about the same thing happening. I'm really on the fence here.
I think the comon verbiage here is accountability. I was a little shocked at CGC not being able to do anything (based on what I've read here over the last few years about distro agreements and msrp) Doug literally said Betson was an 800 lb gorilla, and they have no legal recourse. CGC doesn't agree with what Betson did.....and at that point, I knew I was screwed.

800 pound gorilla vs 10 ton hobbyist force. Betson can suck it. CGC I get…they gotta work with them, but if we cut the legs off of Betson by boycotting it’ll knock all the wind out of their sails.

Consider Betson a no go Distro.

#10202 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Just to change gears for a second...
-
Since our OP jfh is going through some stuff I can only imagine being more significant to him than pinball, I’d like to send words of encouragement his way. Hope all goes/went well jfh!
[quoted image]

Agreed. And I promise I’ll peruse his faq page.

1 week later
#10384 1 year ago
Quoted from grahamharley:

#263 arrived at my House in NH yesterday build date Feb 06
quick question on the topper, didnt see it in the FAQ. Bart will lean back but never comes back upright I have to manually
move him forward. I assume thats not typical. Any insight would be appreciated

Hieghdy Ho Neighborino!

#10385 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Your email say 6 months or 3-6?

3-6 months on email.

#10421 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

How do you figure ? People assembling machines aren't doing coding. And coders aren't assembling machines ?
LTG : )

Of course they are. Oh Lloyd, you amazing man. JJP hired as many designers as they could to create manufacturing assemblers. Steve Ritchie is now lead soldering station 6. Pat Lawlor is still there. He’s mech installer station 12.

Jack stepped down to assemble boxes for shipping. True story.

1 week later
#10730 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

You beat me by 25 minutes...and then do the bullshit line - I have a medical emergency, don't have space now, yada yada yada - shove it! You want to flip and make a few grand - just be honest if you are going to be a fuck nut flipper

I tried to sell my nib Medieval Madness for high price. Just about got my asking price so I pulled the ad. Didn’t want to sell so I got scared and panic-pulled it. Glad I kept her. I love her and she’s MINE!

#10914 1 year ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I need some opinions. #312 was just unloaded at my work. I've had this game ordered since day one. With everything on the horizon (FF, TGF and PF) I'm not sure if I want to open it or sell it. I'm completely maxed out as is. I have only played a couple games on an original. How good is this game? What's comparable?

Code is completed, unlike original. Code enhancements and hardware upgrade kit (possibly) coming as an add on feature. This was Lyman’s last deep coded upgrade before his passing. Should be epic!

#10920 1 year ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Nah , I’m actually using this for my cars
Pins go into the game room
But all out of space

I feel your pain!

#10944 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nah. transprtr4u officially won that title a few posts back when he lost the challenge.
My recovery has taken a significant turn for the better. It has been an incredible day for the first time in over three weeks and I’m not going to let any of the usual suspects spoil that.
Games are being delivered at what seems to be an increasing clip, seems to be only minor issues and people are happy with their new games. The current big negative seems to be flippers flipping games while those who really want them are still waiting.
Thanks for the laugh!

Glad to see you up and about Amigo. Happy news!

#10950 1 year ago
Quoted from Thorn-in-pinball:

Hi,
Open up a ticket and let us know which targets are not staying up and we will get out replacements right away.

Well hello friend. You’re a CGC person? A Distro perhaps?

#10959 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Assholes do what they do bc they care. Trolls do what they do because they’re assholes. I love a strong opinion. Everyone needs a reality check from time to time.

But what of trolling assholes who care? Or careless trolls who uhm, asshole? I’m lost. Where am I again?

#10961 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

We should call them asstrolls.

Lmao. Awesome!

#11012 1 year ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Interesting as I paid my deposit to PPS for my LE on 11/5/21 and still no word.....

I did too. You’re not alone. We’ve gotten a few emails from Sara. Those had latest info.

#11131 1 year ago

I ordered original release date with PPS. Hoping much later this year as GTF has my attention.

#11134 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Looks interesting... would love to see actual game play

As all of us. AP done shadoodled it all up.

Twitch stream Tuesday night possibly.

I checked marketplace not one sold through there yet. I wonder how many at TPF are sold…
But I digress. Back to the Wild West.

1 week later
#11306 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

Set up my LE today. It played phenomenally straight out of the box!
But, I noticed the playfield glass (21” wide) seems too narrow to remain the plastic channels. Every time I insert it, the glass completely falls out of one side and just sits on the wood edge of one side of the main cabinet.
Anything I can do?

The plastic guides that hold the glass are only lightly stapled into the wood. Removing steel side rails to access guides is only way I know of to ‘relocate’ those guides.

Staple remover to lift them up but not sure how to restaple if side rails are still on. Does CGC still tape steel rails onto cabinets?

#11314 1 year ago
Quoted from audihere:

So they don’t locate into a groove in the side panels of the cabinet?

My B/W did not. But some do. You can just trim off the lower male section if needed and staple in place.

Here’s an internet pic of the slotted type:

23163454-7116-4F14-84A3-C022F0A4C31C (resized).jpeg23163454-7116-4F14-84A3-C022F0A4C31C (resized).jpeg
#11413 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Check the FAQ. Multiple options.

AA9AF26C-0CDB-47CC-A94A-16AF41A87207.gifAA9AF26C-0CDB-47CC-A94A-16AF41A87207.gif

I’m only kidding. His faq is rather robust. Kills conversation though, so that’s good.

Glad you’re back JFH

#11440 1 year ago

Just got email from Sara, CCr LE 543 on its way.

2 weeks later
#11878 12 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ok so what your telling me is CGC has been working full time on the design, software, graphics, audio for the last 15 months yet its still not close to being done? Wow I can't wait to see this upgrade as its gonna be off the charts special....I stand corrected

Probably bugs. Lots of em. Just ask Spooky. Any changes to programming alters other things. Lyman had a TWD in his home for 6 months doing code updates in his spare time. He was amazing and thorough. No one can replace Lyman but Josh and team are trying. Takes time. Lots of it.

2 weeks later
#12161 11 months ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

This has been a fun game so far. Simple rules and fun shots. I enjoy trying to beat the Bad Guy and Beer Mug record on each play. It is interesting to see the sales action of used or NIB LE machines. $10,500 appears to be the going rate. 007LE is discounted even more selling for under MSRP. I think both machines will rebound once the supply of CCrLE dries up and bond code is complete. The trend seems to be:
1. Pay whatever it takes to get a LE machine as soon as the machine is announced
2. Sell you spot for you money back or a slight profit within 2-3 months before shipping has started
3. Sell your sport for a slight loss after shipping has started
4. Sell your actual machine for a larger loss after receiving it (sales tax and shipping factored in.)
5. Listen to all the complaining about code for a year.
6. Sell your machine for a profit once code is complete (BM66 good example. Bringing $6500 before code complete - now $12k)
Let's see if PFLE follows the same pattern. It may be unique enough to break the trend.

I agree with your assessment. On that note, speelchicking is you friend.

3 weeks later
#12632 10 months ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I've had nothing but good experiences with Mike/Automated. I have a good pinball buddy who would tell you the same thing. I've always gotten the games for MSRP from him. If you pay cash (bank check), instead of credit card. He passes the savings of the CC fees on to you. Ignore the prices on the website and just call. They are a family run business. Nice guy to deal with. Drove down and bought my MMr, and CCr from him. Two different times, and separated by a couple years. Same price as everybody else. Even after they were done making MMr, before Royal. The guys load it right into the truck for you. Pretty cool show room. They will turn on all the games for you and let you play whatever you want. Gave me some Stern merch just for being a customer. Not to mention he supports the shows and brings tons of games.

I bought a nib SM years ago. Price was great and shipping was fast. I had no issues.

#12647 10 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I don't want to poop on anyone. I just wanted to make a point that even very popular distributors screw up from time to time. I've had 11 out of 11 purchases went very well with Pinballs.com/Automated Services (including MBLE and CCRLE). That has to count for something.
The distributor I was mentioning was just so shockingly disinterested with the problems I had, they just pushed me onto the manufacturer right away ...this was on the day it was delivered...this wasn't an issue a month or two later. Oh, just in case anyone was wondering why I bought from someone other than Mike.. well, its because Mike wasn't a distributor for that particular manufacturer.

Not pooping on anyone by mentioning who it was. They already did that themselves.

Collectively we can honestly assess overall distro performances.

1 week later
#12728 10 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I was looking at the reviews for cactus canyon remake and was wondering why LEs don't have thier own ratings? All the other remakes are separated

Too many categories. CCr and CC are fine.

MMr categories turned into a joke.

#12791 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Set the lamps to incandescent mode and turn off the RGB lighting effects.
Make the game have a "classic" look!
You can even turn off the color display and use the original looking screen.
Its a setting in the menus.
Playing with the settings is tons of FUN!

According to JJP settings are a feature! Glad you’re enjoying them!

4 weeks later
#13167 9 months ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Unless he meant “I blew my kids future college fund on pinball machines”. Then it’s genius. College is a waste of money.

Better ROI with pins.

With the amount of college educated, debt ridden failures we’ve had come through, true enough statement.

Everyone’s an engineer until the pencil hits the paper. Then it’s the “what’s this do?” Q&A never ending line of questioning; in between maxing out sick days and leaving early/coming in late.

#13230 9 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Your mouth to gods ears. Haha the last 2 years I’ve figured out a few things here and there. Mostly stuff that has step by step instructions I can watch or look at. But as far as wires and circuit board stuff …… right over my head. I always think of you guys who know how to do this stuff as graduates of MIT.

MIT: My Intuitive Training

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.