(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonyp66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2761 1 year ago

I keep seeing posts about the game maybe not being deep or hard enough. Personally what do I know, I only have a couple older machines so I am excited for the day when my more modern LE will arrive. Out of curiosity, could someone give me an example of what some of these more deep titles are? I would think that just because a game is deeper it does not mean it is more fun so I would be interested in the games people are comparing this to.

#2773 1 year ago

Thanks to all that shared their thoughts on depth of game. After CCr I have room for about 2 maybe three machines so I am taking the time to evaluate how to fill it in over the next couple years. I started my collection with a couple of older machines that were near and dear growing up. Probably want to add a classic chime machine (Mata Hari SS maybe?) and then something deep for me so I appreciate all the comments. I am very excited for my CCr LE!

1 month later
#4046 1 year ago

I am kinda new around here and this will be my first NIB. I put my deposit down at the beginning of the year and one thing the delay has done for me is allowed me to divert some funds to doing some other things this summer! Super excited for it to arrive but fine to wait. As others have said, when you look at the price of other machines and based on my research of their past releases, glad I got in on an LE regardless when it arrives.

2 months later
#5519 1 year ago

+1 on Spotted Cow, it is a perk of living where I do! I will say on my only trip to Australia I did love Tooheys New and tried Tooheys Old. The people I was with were glad Foster's was an export. But the real champion of the trip was the chicken salt.

1 month later
#6646 1 year ago

It would be cool if the topper was part of an attract mode

#6790 1 year ago

I agree Josh, that has me concerned about the viability of the only thing new here long term. Could be a maintenance and operational problem. It is hard to test for time in the field and it looks to me like they have a few units and maybe not enough to get a true sense of long term success of the mechanics.

Engineering is hard.

#6822 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

We have not heard anything ... in the meantime will be more productive by giving more time to play with our German Shepherd vs pinside ... lol

Agreed

C7A77D66-BF7D-4D64-9760-00C7CD94E000 (resized).jpegC7A77D66-BF7D-4D64-9760-00C7CD94E000 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#7991 1 year ago

it looks to be pretty clear that we are not going to get any more LEs shipped until after the new year, maybe into feb/mar. I am definitely one of the new people on Pinside, finally reaching a dream of mine to own my own game a little over a year ago. This will be my first NIB and I am so eager to play something from a the generation beyond my two existing pins. As someone said pinball, engineering in general is hard, especially given the impact covid has had on supply chain and the workforce. Communication is not hard and I get it is frustrating, heck I expected mine before the end of the year.

Some people have stated that Pinside is toxic, but there are so many good threads I love like the vinyl, show us your game rooms, and smoker(BBQ) threads, the community has helped me for the machines I own.

Everybody is different, we all have our idiosyncrasies. Not trying to be an idiot here, or justify anything or anyone, but since it is pretty clear that we are not getting these for awhile, I hope we can turn our attention to other things and be supportive, at least until a delay past February.

From what I understand they make a good product when it does ship, people love the remakes and we got a screaming good price considering where the market went.

Probably going to give this thread a rest for a few, I hope all of you have a great holiday season and a safe new year, I am headed downstairs to shoot for deluxe.

3 months later
#11431 1 year ago

Just got the call from my distributor, LE is in! Scheduling delivery hopefully next week!

1 week later
#11604 1 year ago

#501 in the house! as with the other 2 machines had to remove the head to get it into the basement. First DMD game for me and she is a beaut clark!! Right now have her in a different spot than EBD and High Speed as only part of the basement has high enough ceilings. It is so close though so I might try moving her later. For now she just screams play me. It may have taken longer than expected but what a solid build, well done CGC!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11762 12 months ago

How do I register my game? May have missed it in the extensive FAQ, assuming I need to to be made aware of updates etc.

3 weeks later
#12329 11 months ago

Are you supposed to get a response via email to validate registration is complete or do we just cross our fingers? Sent mine in weeks ago.

#12441 11 months ago

all this talk about Barts arms on the topper has me wondering what is the correct position or action. I say this because on my unit his arms are pointed all over the place. Not that I really mind to be honest but on my topper it looks to be kinda random.

#12444 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

On my game the arms/guns are pointed straight down when I start a game.
Are they loose?
Mine were slightly loose when I set up my game. I tightened the arm screws 1/2 a turn each to firm them up.

thanks for the quick response. I know mine are not loose and I will need to check position tomorrow but pretty sure they are not in the down position at the start of the game. I will map the positions when I am back in front of the machine. pretty sure he has crazy arms haha.

#12447 11 months ago

definitely crazy arms, this is what they are at the start of a game

ccr (resized).jpgccr (resized).jpg
#12449 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Send in a ticket or call them, that's not right.

I sent one in this morning and will see what happens.

#12451 11 months ago

Jim from support did a great job in helping me troubleshoot the arms issue on the topper, I raised the PCB after loosening the screws and it now works. Since I understand better how it is designed it makes total sense that the arm was spinning looking for a magnet connection, now it is raised so it senses it.

Super happy with speed of response from ticket.

1 month later
#12945 9 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Has anyone had to remove the head for any reason? I can’t get anything wider than 28” through my door and I’m wondering how big of a pain it would be

We had to, or rather my dealer did it upon delivery, the typical bolts and harness releases but it worked fine

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#13028 9 months ago

On my topper the top right window never illuminates. Is it supposed to?

#13031 9 months ago

Thanks, that seems weird that one window does not light up.

5 months later
#14542 4 months ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Hey guys, just checking in:
I was originally in for a pre-order direct with PPS but backed out after playing it at a local show (nothing wrong with it, just didn't have that "one more game" feel for me).
For those of you in the club, how's it holding up? how is CGC support with this title?
Based on the last few comments I think that answered my final question (did they ever come out with the updated code)
I still think its a gorgeous game and possibly considering a used one at some point.

Personally I love it, solid machine that gets a lot of play out of my small group of machines. Had one support issue and was solved quickly with steps I could do to fix the problem. Looking forward to the new code when it is ready but for me, plenty of fun till it arrives. The audio never ceases to bring a smile to my face. I also recognize people expect different things from their machines, I do not play mine to beat it as fast as possible, I just play to have fun.

1 month later
#14954 79 days ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Received my backglass and installed it.
Must say its beautiful, really pops. Photo's don't do it justice.

Agreed, I was surprised how much I like it!

2 weeks later
#15080 61 days ago

on the shooter rod question, mine sometimes is not very smooth either, does anyone ever use a silicone spray or graphite on them?

1 month later
#15241 26 days ago

My understanding was a paid upgrade that consisted of additional code and a playfield element. Neither were separable and if people did not want it they currently own a functioning CCr.

#15291 25 days ago

Before this thread ends we will be at 10k, personally I hope it is way more reasonable than a topper but if not I can do without. It is fun as is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonyp66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=tonyp66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.