(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2441 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

noticed how beat up tarnished even rusted some of the hardware was on this new machine.

Wow. That is really disappointing.

It's like they got parts that have been sitting for years in damp storage.

It sucks to have to order and replace parts on a brand new game.

#2458 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It's steel, it discolors when you heat it to the point of melting... I realize there's nothing better to do until we all get our pins but some of this picking of nits seems a tad silly.

I think it's a completely relevant nit.

Yes metal will discolor when heated, but this is not on my other machines, including AFM. It seems substandard, similar to the oxidized metal posts.

Is it normal for a brand new game? Should we just celebrate it?

#2540 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

why ? isn't it just market reality that we're all dealing with?

It's kind of a lame rationale for taking away an LE spot from someone who really wanted the game at the price he locked in (without him even paying. )

How will upcharging alleviate his boredom?

Didn't we all expect to wait? He was probably just going to flip it after he got it anyway.

#2652 1 year ago

CC remake and CC original are not the same game.

I'd bet most buyers in this thread would not be purchasing an original if given the option at the same price.

1 week later
#2793 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Anyone else have trouble getting responses back from tech support ? I've opened a ticket. Sent videos they requested etc . Been crickets . Tickets been open for two weeks with no suggestions. Bart registers hits when ball is plunged or drains or just at random . It also repeatedly trys to kick the ball out of the Bart trough when there is no ball in there.

Sounds like a simple switch adjustment. Are vibrations triggering the switches?

1 week later
#3023 1 year ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I made another minor modification to my machine. I replaced the red flasher domes with cacti

Your video of the cactus flasher is great.

Excellent transition of before and after. They should've been standard.

#3052 1 year ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I published a pet magazine for 12 years. Removed the vinyl wrap but couldn't get rid of Max, our C.E.D. (Chief Executive Dog).

It's barely noticeable.

Pretty sure nobody even gives it a second look.

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3734 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m glad they aren’t ignoring reality and sacrificing principles and cutting corners to get the product out quickly.

Any chance they may have ignored reality and sacrificed priniciples by not checking the quality of the legs before shipping to get the product out quickly?

1 week later
#3979 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Could it be spin? Sure. But I wouldn’t take that bet

No disrespect, but you totally spin any bad news as gushing respect for CGC.

Not sure you see things clearly.

#3981 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You're not wrong although I do respect his commitment to the thread, and some of the information he provides. He's slammed me several times for providing a reality check...is what it is.

Yes, I appreciate his input and commitment as well. I seriously meant no disrespect to him. He is an asset here. It was just an observation.

1 month later
#5366 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No, sounds like you are deliberately misinterpreting what I wrote.

It sounded to me that he was mocking your "slander" comment a few posts earlier.

#5412 1 year ago

It doesn't seem legit.

Google the address from the website. Seems sketchy to me too.

Screenshot_20220919-151700_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220919-151700_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220919-151648_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220919-151648_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220919-151637_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220919-151637_Maps (resized).jpg
#5415 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

It’s a scam.

212812f07feb66dadb8e741282465e91abedef99 (resized).jpg212812f07feb66dadb8e741282465e91abedef99 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#6066 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Anyone want to sell their LE spot at cost?

There is a pin flipper in the bay area who is offering his LE pre-order spot for $1k over his cost.

sfbay.craigslist.org link

#6188 1 year ago

#6265 1 year ago
Quoted from Megeant:

Or the sheriff got shot in the back?

If in fact someone shot the sheriff, I bet he didn't shoot the deputy.

#6400 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m not the one that has a problem understanding words.

Lol. You might be.

Quoted from jfh:

I can certainly emphasize with his reluctance to post here.

I think the word you didn't understand was "empathize" not "emphasize.

2 weeks later
#7007 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just was informed that no LE's would be going out until next year, due to a part being reworked (Ryan's call).

Thanks for sharing unconfirmed bullshit last week.

1 week later
#7515 1 year ago
Quoted from minishark:

Finally in the club, my SE got delivered today. The legs do not appear to be crimped, but I have mantis protectors coming and will install them to be sure we don’t have problems later. It also looks like they have cut the decals around the protectors to avoid more decal problems. The volume is fine and I have it set at 6. The two things that aren’t perfect is 1) I have a little decal bubbling over by the plunger and a little ding in the decal on the left side and 2) the legs are rusty.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on the game. There really is ZERO defense for those rusty legs, though.

There is no way they didn't notice it when they packed it up.

#7555 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Classy, you should be proud.

Yeah, the guy kind of missed the point of removing the insulting word in his edit. I guess he's somewhat of a .

Edit: Removed the word dimwit.

#7584 1 year ago
Quoted from minishark:

I’ve noticed that sometimes when I’m shooting the mine my pin skips Ball Lock 1 and goes directly to Ball Lock 2. The next shot it goes to Gold Mine multiball. It is not a consistent thing which is why it took me a day to figure out what was actually going on. Anyone else have this problem? Is there something I can adjust to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Tina

There may be other ways to award a lock.

I think there is a skill shot award to lock a ball.

#7720 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I’m am so glad that between the 2 OG CC’s in my pinball league, playing it on site back in the 90’s when it was brand new, and then again at every other pinball show on the planet since, I have got CC out of my bloodstream. Will I play it again in my life?, probably, but only to see the new code. All other aspects of owning a CGC pin were satisfied with my MBrLE, which is still the Queen of my collection. Hope CGC doesn’t take a black eye on CCrLE deliveries.

Welcome to this CCr club thread. Glad you're here.

1 week later
#8270 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

apples and oranges.
CC sold individual games already slated for production.
People putting in an order for a game to be produced at some point in the future is basically just forecasting for Stern.
Plus, CGC has already demonstrated (repeatedly) they have a focus on the value point of their price. They are unlikely to change from that on existing orders because they already showed once they didn't want to go that path. The only concern one should have is "There has been some expected change in the game that requires a new price". CGC isn't going to raise prices on sold games purely because of opportunity.
Distributors taking orders for future Stern production runs really isn't the same as buying an existing allocated game. Which is why Stern readily charges the current price when games go into production and fulfill allotments.
Distributors are basically making requests for games as part of a forecasting system with Stern. Distributors take deposits because they are going to be on the hook with Stern for taking games based on their forecast and it keeps the level of commitment from the buyer up.
Distributors and Stern aren't billing games like backordered items waiting for shipment - They are simply taking commitments for future products.

Not really true. Stern increased the price on Godzilla after it had been in production.

Those who had been earlier on a wait list with my distributor received their games at the stated price they were told at the time they got on the list.

Others further down the list (who got caught behind a production lag) ended up getting hit with an increase from Stern above the price stated at the time they signed up.

#8273 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When the game was actually built (not when announced or forecasted) is when the sale actually happens... including to your distributor. That's why the price can be what it is when it's built vs when it's requested/forecasted.

A sale actually happens when payment is made. Not when it's built, or announced or forecasted.

If they build a game and change the price, there is no sale unless the buyer pays for it. They can't just build it and claim it's sold at any price now.

All buyers were on the same list waiting for games to be built. Some got theirs earlier, and it was cheaper.

#8305 1 year ago

Looks like they're shipping even more before 2023. We should all stay positive and be happy they're coming out.

Quoted from Yesh23:

Like I said weeks ago....it's something small but it'll delay machines until 2023.

Quoted from Yesh23:

Like I said many moons ago, we won’t see any LE’s until 2023

Quoted from Yesh23:

Don’t expect games until 2023. I said this back a month ago

Quoted from Yesh23:

I've posted a few post on here that games won't be going out until next year

Quoted from Yesh23:

I stated earlier that CGC wouldn’t be shipping games until 2023 and got blasted when they shipped 20+ games in December. Technically, I guess I was wrong but really was I wrong?

Yes.

#8381 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Christmas came early, one year late…

But it's still good news while we others continue to wait for delivery.

2e49135f2239442a3f5bc767290236beaee92dbd (resized).jpg2e49135f2239442a3f5bc767290236beaee92dbd (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#9163 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I tried to get an LE and then got slapped in the face by having to pay the same for less and then having my pin built last.

First world problems.

We all appreciate your suffering.

#9185 1 year ago

You are very welcome.

Whining publicly about what you freely chose to do is lame. Try to own your decisions instead of lashing out at others.

1 month later
#10391 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I was told another 6 months unless production picks up, which probably means 8-10

What was your order date?

1 week later
#10579 1 year ago

For those posting their new arrivals...

Including the order date would also be useful for those of us trying to gauge delivery estimates.

1 week later
#10905 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:Game should finally be arriving this week or next. About damn time, I sometimes forgot I even had it on order and coming eventually.

When did you order your game?

#10908 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

October 31st, 2021

Good info, thx.

My order date is about 6 weeks behind you with a large distributor. Looks promising.

1 week later
#11170 1 year ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Hey Sheriff's, I forgot to post this on Friday for you guys from TPF 2023, enjoy!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't get it, but for some reason, the scale of Polly looks too big to me. Like she's 7ft tall.

3 weeks later
#11772 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Yee Haw !!
[quoted image]

That's an interesting 4 month gap from production date to delivery date.

#11805 1 year ago
Quoted from King_ci:

Can everyone please go rate cactus-canyon so we can get the game in the top #10

Just telling everyone to rate it just to get the game in the top 10 underscores the insignificance and artificial nature of the rating system.

1 week later
#12078 11 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

As it should be. Announce and ship.

Yep that's the CGC motto, announce and ship.

#12084 11 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I see reading comprehension is still not a strong skill for you.

Josh was talking about the upgrade kit which has not yet been officially announced.

Reading comprehension is not at issue.

The upgrade kit HAS been announced. Simply adding the word "officially" as if to explain that you are right and we can't comprehend is pretty weak.

1 week later
#12301 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

I still have not gotten any response from CGC from this support ticket submitted about 3 weeks ago.
Playfield glass plastic channels are spaced too far apart. Glass falls out of one side.
Anyone else have this happen? [quoted image]

Try placing a long strip of electricians tape along the edge of the glass. It should tighten the fit.

1 week later
#12455 11 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Thinking about buying one,is there any word on the code Lyman did for the remake?

There's no specific deadline for it to be completed.

#12589 10 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

my distributor has LE’s in stock. I called on Friday and asked and ordered, paid and shipped same day.

It's interesting that some distributors receive such large allotments that they have unsold inventory, while CGC has other distributors with preorder customers still waiting over 18 months.

Seems odd that we were told LE's were sold out long ago.

1 week later
#12719 10 months ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I ordered my SE+ one year ago today. Hopefully I don’t have to wait to much longer.

I ordered my LE 18 months ago, and I'm hoping I don't have to wait too much longer either.

#12743 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Curious if anyone has gotten one of Matt’s Polly mods from Back Alley Creations yet and what their overall thoughts\opinions are.
Pics installed would also be great if possible.
https://backalleycreations.com/collections/cactus-canyon-remake-pinball-mods/products/polly-on-log
Thanks

So many things about this mod look goofy and out of proportion.

Her legs are too long for her body, and legs are ghost white (or she's wearing white skin tight stockings that don't match the era.)

Her dress defies gravity, and her strange blue boots are huge, and her feet look twice as big as her head.

Maybe it's better in person, but from the pic, it looks way too odd and overbearing.
4_c2b94702-3fc7-493c-9016-8f400eaa8d60_480x480 (resized).jpg4_c2b94702-3fc7-493c-9016-8f400eaa8d60_480x480 (resized).jpg

#12798 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

settings are way to easy (as they should be to show off the game at a show). They are easy to change though.

That's kinda his point.

Set original settings more difficult on the line so its at a more challenging level for everyone who buys it.

Every game should be the same, but not at such an easy level making individual adjustments less necessary except for those who need it to be easier.

It's better when comparing scores if the games have the same original settings.

#12802 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Thanks, I am assuming you are referring to something like this:

https://a.co/d/ibK2GRc

It uses the same technology as a piece of masking tape, which you might already have in your house.

2 weeks later
#12969 9 months ago
Quoted from Mollymauk:

I'd say it was pushing two hours. Four high noons.

Sounds way too long and repetitive.
Makes me a bit anxious about my order.

The extended code was the selling point for me. Just wish there was a more definitive timeframe for it.

1 week later
#13112 9 months ago

I've been waiting for my LE since 2021 and now the wait is finally over!!!

I just canceled my preorder today.

Had I not preordered, I probably would've had my LE months ago from the used market. They seem easy enough to find.

I may pick up a CC later, after the Lyman/Josh code is released, but for now I bought something else and have no regrets.

#13118 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

This.
I’d pay $10k delivered to my door. But people are asking over 10k plus delivery.
All those people who took delivery already paid $350 shipping and I’d be expected to pay another $350 shipping. It’s not logical for people to take delivery and expect me to pay them for the privilege.
Transfer the spot before taking delivery or somebody is paying delivery x2.
Again there are SE+ for $9250 that’s what I’ll get, the LEs don’t have another $1K leverage over me. Those people took a gamble and lost if they expect me to make them a profit.
The SE+ covers a lot of ground the LE does. Shaker and art blades are $220.

The invoice on my 2021 preorder was $10,439.99. This included the base of $9250 tax ($840) and shipping ($350).

Maybe my distributor was more expensive than others, but I'd guess anyone selling aftermarket NIB for $10.5k or less is selling at a fair price and not ripping anyone off.

1 week later
#13218 9 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

How do I go directly to that post without the the headaches of going through pages?
Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/214#post-7457376

1 week later
#13364 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

16 LE’s in the marketplace. Should I be worried?! Still haven’t had mine ship. It’s not too late to bail. WTF?

I had the same concern and cancelled my order a few weeks ago. I got worried after so many comments about its current code and also watching the used market.

Things could change whenever the updated code is available. But for now, you can save money and time if you buy a used game.

I saw a distributor with unclaimed games in stock, ready to ship. They aren't hard to buy, and it didn't make sense to wait on a preorder anymore.

#13369 8 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I'm having a hard time understanding the whole easy/code argument on this game. How is Mars Attacks so highly regarded along with those other ones but for some reason this is taking a lot of flak? Whatevs.....im highly enjoying the game along with my family.

It's easy to explain why "Mars Attacks" is superior. Here's the difference.

Attack From Mars has simple rules, but it's extremely challenging to Rule the Universe in one game. It can remain an elusive goal for a really long time that some never achieve.

In contrast, everyone will reach High Noon. Some have done it on Ball one, others have done it multiple times in one game. And these are new owners. It shouldn't be this easily attainable. Without a difficult goal to strive for, it gets boring.

#13384 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I buy games to enjoy and play them.
My CCrLE is a keeper for sure!
I rarely even sell them out of my personal collection.
Different strokes....

I buy games for the same reason! So, we're not that different.

Giving a game a hair trigger tilt or setting wide open lanes won't really improve the game. It will just increase side drains or unreasonable tilts.

Sure it'll be harder to reach High Noon, but I think it's better if there's a relative consistency with a game across the board. Now you need to explain why you seldom reach High Noon. Do whatever makes it better for you.

For whatever reason, many people who haven't owned it long have decided to part with it. Different strokes.

The updated code was the key reason why I was interested. I may look at CCr again. when the new code becomes a reality.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=rts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.