(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4867 1 year ago

Joined the club today! Gotta start em young in the Wild West!

2AF0E6D1-AD00-48C5-828E-C4CC5A64656A (resized).jpeg2AF0E6D1-AD00-48C5-828E-C4CC5A64656A (resized).jpeg
#4876 1 year ago

If I wanted to add a couple standard 6.3v lamps to the playfield, how would I do that on a CCr? They don’t use the 6.3v sockets like older pins. Those are easy to add Comet LEDs to. I don’t wanna go full pinstadium or anything, just add a few LEDs above the pf here and there. Ideas?

#4878 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Led strips hidden on sides, spotlights added to slingshot plastics…

Yep, exactly. But connected to what power source?

#4992 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I will be installing art blades, but I don't see any instructions or a video on how to remove the CCr playfield. There's no helpful handle mounted at the back end of the PF like recent Stern pins. And that CCr hinge mechanism looks really tricky. Disconnection of the cables does not look very easy, either. Has anyone done this? Thanks.

Agree with the above comment. No need to remove the pf to install art blades. If you have a system, ignore the following! It’s tricky to do alone, but with 2 people it’s not bad. My wife helps me, and we’ve installed many sets. The wet method is also helpful, or you can apply them with two people by keeping the blade pulled taught, until the person in the back lines it up where you want it (we use the hinge holes for the head hinge bolts as a guide, but don’t assume you can center the hole in your blade over that bolt hole, sometimes they don’t quite match up perfectly without the blade sitting too high or low) and keeping the blade just slightly below the channel for the pf glass. Then we both press each end and then smooth it all down. That’s the key, imho to perfect placement, keep it 1/8 inch or more below the channel, or it will peel. We have a system for it, but there are other ways. But pulling the pf out isn’t 100% necessary. We just installed different blades on our CCr. Here are ours…

A018C805-C88A-48F0-9280-3D406662A6C4 (resized).jpegA018C805-C88A-48F0-9280-3D406662A6C4 (resized).jpegD6696E07-B186-4398-8DA4-248D4910EE23 (resized).jpegD6696E07-B186-4398-8DA4-248D4910EE23 (resized).jpeg570F8B08-97C9-4403-BC9F-B6A1101BF435 (resized).jpeg570F8B08-97C9-4403-BC9F-B6A1101BF435 (resized).jpeg
#4993 1 year ago

Added some buildings too…

3C3F9696-6345-4A33-924D-E880D2A8367B (resized).jpeg3C3F9696-6345-4A33-924D-E880D2A8367B (resized).jpegD525060B-7CC6-4D67-9FEA-9427850E1B18 (resized).jpegD525060B-7CC6-4D67-9FEA-9427850E1B18 (resized).jpeg
#4998 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Nice! Where did the buildings come from?

OldWestMiniatures on Etsy. They have a saloon, gunsmith, outhouse, hotel, etc. different sizes, 1/87 are small enough to fit.

#5028 1 year ago

My CCr is my placeholder until my SE+ is shipped. I was lucky to find a trade partner for a restored B/W 90’s pin for his NOB CCr. Had 50 plays on it. It just wasn’t holding his and his kids’ interest, for whatever reason. So I grabbed an SE to see if it’s a keeper and worth the wait. Spoiler: it is. Even before the new code update add-on package, it’s a fine addition to the CGC family. They have chosen 4 titles with a similar feel. Deep enough that it’s not easy to beat, but simple enough to understand for even casual players. I love the theme, the shots, the flow and the gunfights. I turned my gunfight time down to 3 seconds, so you gotta hit the bad guy on the first, or maaaaaybe second shot. Fun to mod too! The updated code package and innovative topper will be icing. I played my longest game today, qualifying the OK Coral finale, but lost my ball before starting it. Took about 15 mins, which is the right length of time for my attention span!

#5030 1 year ago

I was able to add a spotlight without doing much. I hijacked one of the 12v bulbs from the coin return button and used a Comet matrix extension to take it up under the right sling. I need a better bulb to really add some light, but it will help. I might use a splitter and add another on the left sling.

5EF88E68-749D-4AB5-AB10-967571A1DE25 (resized).jpeg5EF88E68-749D-4AB5-AB10-967571A1DE25 (resized).jpegEEE1E1B5-34CC-424D-A9E8-6CE457905FB2 (resized).jpegEEE1E1B5-34CC-424D-A9E8-6CE457905FB2 (resized).jpeg
#5118 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Thanks to all who have responded.
I am a medium player, I can get to some way on most pins but rarely to the final wizard modes (I have got to '4-Winds' but not Gauntlet on PotC). I can get to SOS on Tron but didn't make it to Portal, I get to Battle Royal on SM but not Super Hero.
I never beat AFM, or any game for that matter, so maybe something like CC that is not super deep might be what I'm after. I have so many games that I'll never beat so having one that is medium or even shallow might be great.

I’m probably in the same category as you. I seem to approach the wizard mode on lots of games but seldom reach or beat them. I’ve never beaten MM, MB or AFM, but I’ve gotten close. I reach SOS often but never Portal (I’ve been a shot or two away). I’ve beaten a few pins, like The Shadow (once, and with the most ideal confluence of lucky shots and a great game, I hit the final timed shot to beat Kahn with 1 second left). BDK I’ve beaten, and I’ve been a shot or two away from Super Hero on SM. I have a few pins from recent years like GB and EHoH, but I never think about beating them when I
play. I recently qualified High Noon after playing CCr maybe 15-20 times. It does seem reasonably beatable. I’m curious about how complex the new code package will be. I do like the degree of simplicity on this game.

#5135 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

I believe someone tied some spot lights into the coin door lights. You should be able to do the same thing with a trough light.

I did add a 12v spot light to the pf above the slingshot from the coin return button. You could do that with the trough, but be very careful, the led you use must be 12-13v, not the 6.3v many LEDs and led strips are. 6.3v bulbs could melt, burn out or do other damage in a 12v socket. My MBr or MMr (can’t remember which) had a melted 6.3v bulb behind the 12v coin return button when I bought it. Fortunately it was just the bulb I replaced with 12v. I just ordered more 12v LEDs from Comet, and they sell lots of splitters and matrix wires. I’m sure there are other methods, like plugging some LED lights into the service outlet? I’m guessing that would work for some led products made to plug into an outlet. For the Comet matrix, I elected to use the 12v from the coin door.

#5174 1 year ago

Can’t have a Wild West town without a saloon. No spittin’ at the bartender!

4699F3D6-4984-4F83-B38C-5150AF20985C (resized).jpeg4699F3D6-4984-4F83-B38C-5150AF20985C (resized).jpeg
#5180 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Nice pieces. Where did the moonshine jug come from?

Thanks! I bought the jug on Etsy a couple years ago. I had two, but I put one on Pappy’s Porch on my BBH when I sold it, so I lost one. I’ve tried to find them again, but no luck. There are similar ones, and this mini Outlaw whiskey bottle, but none quite as nice.

4E2E9EB7-64C4-4E19-ADE8-D83B3102F623 (resized).jpeg4E2E9EB7-64C4-4E19-ADE8-D83B3102F623 (resized).jpeg
#5219 1 year ago

Together at last, The Fab Four!

80C1941C-C1E0-47EA-9B9E-BB6C925629E0 (resized).jpeg80C1941C-C1E0-47EA-9B9E-BB6C925629E0 (resized).jpeg
#5265 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Better yet just put it on a crate like Whoa Nellie

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Better yet, just put it on the floor and lie down while playing!

Even better, rest the cabinet on your lap while relaxing in an oversized chair or in bed. Be warned, even without the legs, these pins are quite heavy.

#5266 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizza-Bob:

Just played a CCr in Brooklyn at a place called Jackbar . What a fun game and great place to play pinball !

I can see CCr doing very well on location. It’s a broad theme, features attractive cab art and funny callouts. And gunfights! The fan layout is pretty easy to shoot, and you don’t need a manual to understand the goals. Just a town Marshall to keep the peace. Reminds me of Deadwood City…anyone remember that?

B6B09D15-0795-45BA-8411-49BD4763B40C (resized).jpegB6B09D15-0795-45BA-8411-49BD4763B40C (resized).jpeg
#5277 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Holy shit! YES!! I had forgotten about those! I had tons of them as a kid. I know I had that exact one, and I bet my mother still has them all stashed somewhere in the attic at her house.

You mean these? I have about 50 or so of them, including my fav by far, The Mystery of Chimney Rock. My little boy will hopefully read these one day. That’s why I have them, um, yeah. Not for me AT ALL.

03CDCBA4-D9D7-4B71-866F-4521B3C1BB2D (resized).jpeg03CDCBA4-D9D7-4B71-866F-4521B3C1BB2D (resized).jpeg
#5283 1 year ago

Powder Coat is just a paint similar to automotive paint.
I has some flex to it. Placing a half inch or so of thick towels over the top to protect the finish should work.
You only have to open the angle 1/4" or slightly more.

Strange how after all these years they still manufacture these without any gap or tolerance at the corners. It doesn’t happen on every game, but I have 2 new games with this, Halloween and CCr. Great suggestion to widen the gap tho, thanks!

#5285 1 year ago

I also suggest using a small square to check the legs before installing them (its what I do).
They should be about 1/8" beyond the 90 degree angle. Less is ok, but there is a slight curve to the area.

Understood, thanks. It’s that area just below the bolts, where the sides come in toward the cab. I assume for either strength or aesthetics, but that’s where the pinching happens. This is on my Halloween, but it’s on my CCr also.

37E9E15D-CE61-469D-82CD-428123249018 (resized).jpeg37E9E15D-CE61-469D-82CD-428123249018 (resized).jpeg65596DB5-B37A-4306-BF1D-6EAD66CE46A2 (resized).jpeg65596DB5-B37A-4306-BF1D-6EAD66CE46A2 (resized).jpeg

#5303 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No biggie man, sometimes the dark lords of the Internet demand a sacrifice. And sometimes that sacrifice is me for asking a silly question haha.

Accepting an apology is a gift you give yourself and the person what done the apologizing. You are both winners in the end! It brings a tear to the eye.

1 week later
#5417 1 year ago

Bertha Miller is awesome. I buy all my nib pins from her.

1 week later
#5573 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

For those wondering about flipper rubber color, here are pics of my light blue Titans (low bounce).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Even cowboys get the blues.

1 week later
#5765 1 year ago

Holy tumbleweeds! I finally reached and beat the High Noon wizard mode (fun!), which happened on ball 1. I scored 265m on ball 1, and lost my ball taking a picture of it. Oops. Completed High Noon a second time, and the bonus for that one was 95m. Wow. My previous best was 100m. Can’t wait for the new code package, but this one is really fun and not impossible to finish.

AFEEA174-C2C9-4E64-8FFF-1C6A5CC7C7D3 (resized).jpegAFEEA174-C2C9-4E64-8FFF-1C6A5CC7C7D3 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#6031 1 year ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

I saw there are drop target decals available. I assume intended for the original CC. What do you think of these?
[quoted image]

I prefer the original drop decals. I bought a couple sets of those, and even the original yellow drop targets just in case I wanted to switch. I’ll probably stick with the clear/frosted drops, but I might switch the decals. You can make out their faces much better on the old art. They just won’t allow as much light through them.

#6170 1 year ago

Moral of the story, you probably can't just swap our the old drop target for the new. Without some modifications.

That’s correct, they are definitely different. I will probably try the original decals on the new targets at some point. But yes, the original yellow drops are thinner and attach differently. Good for people to know who may have considered the originals.

#6252 1 year ago

That’s my SE+ he’s pushing! Dude, wait! I have a pallet mover right here! He can’t hear me.

#6379 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I am guessing he is getting a Cirqus Voltaire.

I love my CV! I have tremendous empathy for all the LE buyers and SE+ buyers waiting and waiting for their pins without much feedback to help ease frustrations. I wanted an LE, but as fast as I was to order one, I was shut out. So I ordered an SE+. While waiting, I noticed mint SEs (which I believe are the same game) with less bling and no topper, were pretty readily available around $8k or so. I decided to grab one with about 50 plays on it for just under $8. I realize that’s not an easy option for everyone, so I consider myself very fortunate to be able to do that. Whenever my SE+ is ready to ship, I’ll hopefully sell my SE for around what I paid or a little less, but with several upgrades I added to the game. For those who can make that strategy work, it can really help with the waiting game, and this game is well worth the wait.

#6466 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I know when I talked to Ryan White at Expo he immediately went into a rant without provication about pinside and how they are wrong with all their speculation and just a lot of negativity about pinside, which on one hand I can sort of understand, but in my head I was just thinking like well maybe we wouldn't be left to speculate if things were spelled out a little more clearly for all of us. He was just going off for a minute until he noticed I wasn't really joining in on the pinside hate fest and I steered the conversation away from pinside and into just asking relevant questions. Look, everyone is willing to (and has) cut CGC a ton of slack. We know they make quality products and things are just f'd right now from a manufacturing standpoint. I think worrying about them going out of business is completely silly. People will get their games, zero doubt. But ya'll can't be shocked that people are really starting to get antsy in their panty over all of this. From what he told me, they are really close. Its still some sort of topper part holding up production. I asked if they were going to build the games and then when the topper parts came in they could add on the toppers to the finished games but he said it couldn't really work that way, so even when they get the parts in, they'll still have to build all the games but they will start going out the door pretty quickly. Fair enough I guess, but it would be nice to get information like that here instead of dragging everyone through the mud simply because we are left here to speculate with no other info coming out. I got in quite a few games on multiple versions of CC and it looked and played great. The topper IS really cool. I hope they start getting out soon.

Pinside is simply a sample of the population, one that happens to share a common interest in pinball. Ryan slamming Pinside is puzzling, as Pinside is probably a pretty good representation of the customer base. He may as well just slam pinball buyers in general, and take the position that buyers should shut up and be happy when their game arrives. That’s not a smart way to treat buyers, without whom sales would be very different. All it sounds like people want are updates, which would help both the buyers, and CGC, because it would release ALOT of pressure. Pinside offers a lot of positive things, and no large group of people is going to be free of some goobers, myself included.

#6467 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

people were brainstorming a way to make a Polly figure that would work on the tracks without obstructing the train

Cut Polly in half? It would solve the issue of impeding the train, and teach kids there are consequences for not playing well enough to save poor, sweet Polly. Too gruesome?

#6469 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

My name is Ivanhoe and I've been waiting for my LE for a year now.

Hi, Ivanhoe. Welcome to our group. Will you join us in the Serenity Prayer?

Lord (of the rings), grant me the serenity to accept the arrival date of pins I cannot change, courage to change my preorder if I can, and wisdom to reach the wizard mode. Amen.

#6470 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you read all the posts in this thread today ?
If it wasn't my search for those needing tech help, I'd skip this thread.

Me? Read all the posts? Lol. Nah, I skim the most recent few to get the vibe, toss in some bad jokes, and hopefully bring some levity to threads that are a bit…saggy.

#6652 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Don’t confuse them with the 90% of the Pinsiders here to share, learn and enjoy the pinball community.

By far most of the people I’ve met or dealt with on Pinside are very positive, nice people. A few boogers here and there, but usually it’s easy to identify those folks. I would agree with the 90% comment. That’s been my experience at least.

1 week later
#6906 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I always loved those light gun setups in addition to the full automatic pneumatic BB Thompson machine gun shoot out the star target booths that were at some amusement parks in the 70’s-80’s! I saw one of the guns sell on eBay 25 years ago. I should have bid on it. I think it sold for around $600.
It might have only been shooting BB’s but full auto firing is So Much Fun! The best part is if I remember correctly it only cost $1-2. Compressed air and BB’s are cheap.

I love those compressed air Thompson BB machine guns, and still see them sometimes at local fairs when we take our son. They often seem terribly inaccurate and spray BBs everywhere. I could never shoot the star out cleanly until about 5 years ago, a carny worker was nice and gave me some tips. I shot the star out that day and once since. I have a few CO2 air pistols for target shooting. As a kid growing up in the country I loved my BB gun and .22.

#6910 1 year ago

What were the tips?
I just assumed it was another one of those unbeatable carnival games.

I recall him giving me a certain gun, one that sprayed them less randomly. And I believe he said to barely touch the trigger, to fire as few bbs as possible while making an outline around the star. And stay well outside the star (no part of the red star can remain on the border at the end). It worked, and I’d never really come close before. That bear I won was huge, and very cheaply made.

#6991 1 year ago

Toppers!!!

Here come the LEs, guys! I’m eager to see and hear about the topper! I have an SE, which I’m expecting to sell when my SE+ is ready next year. I’m happy for all the LE buyers who have waited well over a year for this. It’s gonna be high noon all over the world soon!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinkitten.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=pinkitten and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.