(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_eddie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9931 1 year ago

Just in case anyone is interested, Joel joelbob and his brother Jared will be streaming CCR LE tonight at FlipNOut’s ZMeny YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/live/9tq6TBM8fS0?feature=share

#9992 1 year ago

Does anyone who has or seen the below train station mod know if it significantly blocks the view of the Bart sculp?

I did see one post saying it didn’t, but that was over 7 months ago and was curious if anyone else had installed since then?

https://mezelmods.com/collections/cactus-canyon-pinball-mods/products/cactus-canyon-pinball-train-station

Thanks

#9996 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I rotated mine and tucked it in against the tracks. Honestly, I think it’s fine either the way it’s supposed to be installed or how I did it.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Golgotha:

Mine are still unfortunately still in the box against my mirrored back glass. I am still waiting for my LE. The right side does not hide Bart but the HUGE thing that it does is hides the ugly spotlight on the right side as well as the train motor. I bought all of the mezel mods except the beer stein and the moonshine jug.
[quoted image]

Thank you both for the input, really appreciate it.

1 week later
#10205 1 year ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

Considering joining the club with a pinsider purchase of an SE remake. One question I didn't see addressed in the FAQs. Does the train move down and back on the tracks on the SE?

Yes, it’s movement is tied to the Save Polly mode that’s in all versions.

#10249 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It will provide great balance against the other pins in your collection. If you want campy fun with approachable rules you’ll like/keep it. It’s wonderful for friends and family who don’t have much pinball experience to get going on and actually accomplish something. If the theme and toys bring you joy it’ll stick around. If you are upset by the fact that you’ll progress through the whole game then maybe you’ll get bored of it. However, if you come back time and again to try and set higher scores vs reach wizard modes you’ll get lots of fun replay value from it.

Totally agree with the above, we had an MMR and while it truly was fun and is an amazing pin, we just aren’t into the medieval theme\era for anything (movies, etc. ) and it started to get a little wood choppy, but feel CCR will better suit our family as we are more into westerns and cowboys.

Will definitely be a great one for those not into pinball and will give me a nice break and different experience from the other machines I have.

#10363 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Have any SE+'s shipped? Just curious if only SE and LE so far.

There have been a few SE +’s sent out, but not as many as the LE’s, but no real confirmation on what ratio is being sent to LE’s.

So did you decide to jump in?

#10375 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

I'm thinking REALLY hard about it. Just curious how long before they will actually be made.

Well I put in my order back in July, my guess is at least a year or more so gonna try not to focus on it and be surprised

Well at least you’ll have a lot of time to decide what you’d wanna let go (cough cough DP).

#10396 1 year ago

Got my mirrored back glass today and knocker supplies thanks to Sara from PPS and the harness thanks to @p1nhead, so I’m all set. Looking like SE+ is gonna be a while based on that PPS email today about LE’s, so time to put up these upgrades and other mods and be surprised when I get the notification. Always prefer sooner vs. later but I know this will be worth the wait.

Happy to see LE owners getting their machines.

Have a great and safe week everyone.

ADB2674B-02BD-4FB2-A72D-6F8BA7932296 (resized).jpegADB2674B-02BD-4FB2-A72D-6F8BA7932296 (resized).jpeg
#10477 1 year ago

Doubt there’s any connection, but I know on my Funhouse, if you select the option to award an extra ball for the replay score award, it will then knock for the regular extra ball awards, otherwise if you have the replay score award set to default value of replay, then the same extra ball awards won’t knock.

Again, doubt there’s a connection, but the only example of where one person’s extra ball will knock while another one’s won’t.

#10481 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

It does knock on all extra balls.

That's how my Funhouse behaves, once you set the replay to extra ball, then all extra balls going forward will knock, so maybe similar programming from Williams and other companies remained the same through the years?

1 week later
#10663 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah, was certainly a surprise. Expected one or two days in the hospital at worst. But things will be much worse if the hip revision doesn’t take so it’s far better than the alternative.
Good thing I’m an optimist.

Well at least you definitely have one great thing to look forward to and hopefully time will start flying by.

I hope your recovery is going and continues to go well.

#10793 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's nice.
I'll let them know.
Thank you.
LTG : )

CCR Manual link is working now, download while you can

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/product/manuals/coin-op-pinball

1 week later
#11115 1 year ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I went ahead and ordered that Polly mod from Matt and Back Alley creations. Loving the look of the figure and the blue ramp she sits on kinda gives the impression of a waterfall color to the existing ramp.
That makes a total of 10 mods I have now for CCR + just waiting to be put into my pin. Now if I could only get the pin.

Same here, still have to order the ones from Mezel Mods (still debating on the Gold Mine sign as the brown is a little darker than the original sign and my OCD isn’t sure yet) and the magnetic speaker decal. I’m an SE+ so I’m hoping by Christmas but no rush as I know it’ll be worth it.

1 week later
#11324 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

It would be nice if there was another option for the train station. The mezel one looks good but its massive and I feel like it blocks too much of that corner. I will probably just live with the ugly motor look.

I was worried about this too, I plan on getting it later as I’m an SE+ buyer), but Mezel and others who own\installed this mod confirmed it doesn’t really block the Bart head, but others can chime in if they disagree.

2 months later
#12738 10 months ago

Curious if anyone has gotten one of Matt’s Polly mods from Back Alley Creations yet and what their overall thoughts\opinions are.

Pics installed would also be great if possible.

https://backalleycreations.com/collections/cactus-canyon-remake-pinball-mods/products/polly-on-log

Thanks

#12793 10 months ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I put the defuser over them even at -3, so now you get the effect without a seizure.
Played one at location Thursday night and asked the operator to do the same, it was seriously blinding.

Where did you get your diffuser?

#12801 10 months ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Amazon- small kit maybe $6-9 and used it for a few other things around the house. It comes in multiple sizes or you can cut to fit.

Thanks, I am assuming you are referring to something like this:

https://a.co/d/ibK2GRc

I was looking for something similar to what CGC sometimes sends out, but theirs is that white plastic sheet. I wanted to use one for the translite box on my AFMR LE since there are spots on the translite that are translucent (see-through) and you can see the LED’s and they’re pretty harsh\blinding. I tried asking a few people familiar with CGC but they didn’t know so I created the thread below, but no responses yet:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cgcs-plastic-white-light-diffusers#post-7624281

Thanks again and hope all the fathers out there have a great Father’s Day.

#12804 10 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

It uses the same technology as a piece of masking tape, which you might already have in your house.

Quoted from daveddd14:

Yep, that’s it or very similar, so it will work.

Thanks, someone also mentioned in that other thread that parchment paper is a better alternative to wax paper and shouldn’t have any issues just in case it gets hot in there.

#12826 10 months ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Just wanted to report my CCRSE+ arrived in fantastic shape from FlipNOut pinball and FedEx Express. Was able to set it up Friday night and installed about 100 pounds of mods from Mezel, Back Alley Creations and Flyland Designs on it and I'm soooo happy with the pin and it's build. The Topper is so cool, which even caused my wife (who is not a pinhead) make the comment it was her favorite topper and the people who I had to come over and play it recently really loved the game play of the pin. Top Notch.
I had the original CC years ago and sold it for some stupid reason. It was recently rebuilt with a new playfield, cabinet art, LEDs, etc and was filmed by Zach for his pinball channel back in the day. When I sold it I sold it to Zach and I heard that pin was eventually sold to CGC in order for them to use it as a prototype to use to tear down and "study" in order to help reproduce the pin as it was originally built. That pin is forever gone and I heard a rumor that the original Bart's head is sitting in one of the CGC's management offices as a momento from the original CC that was produced back in the day. Now I feel my CC has "returned it's full circle" with the beautiful remake coming back to my mancave.
I can't wait for the updated code by Lyman Sheets and Zach Sharpe to finally hit the market. I really enjoyed Eric Priepke's (apologize for spelling if I'm wrong) Continued programming that he did for the original CC. I loved the super skill shot mode (with the various modes paying homage from other great Bally/Williams pins), Cowboys vs Aliens mode, Rudy from Funhouse being a Bart brother, the female bart brother, the fart and beans mode and the drunk reverse flippers in the game and I'm hoping these modes will appear back again in this remake. C'mon Zach, give us just a little morsel to please the hungry masses.
Again, thanks to Zach, FedEx, and the design team at CGC for remaking this pin. It was delivered just in time for Father's Day and it made the weekend that more memorable for me. Fun Times!

Congrats and if you are able to, would love to see playfield pics of the mods you added.

3 weeks later
#13142 9 months ago

Not going to post an ad as there are so many, but if anyone is interested in an LE spot that hasn’t shipped yet, just PM me.

Just be aware that I paid a little extra to get this spot so it’s not the original MSRP but not looking to profit any and just looking to get what I’ve put down.

If no takers, happy to just keep it, but figured I’d post in case anyone is interested.

#13146 9 months ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

The big question is, what pin is taking it's spot?

No real plans for another at this time. I got an AFMR LE recently and just felt the CCR wouldn’t be as popular or played as much and just figured I’d offer as it would be easier to trade the spot before it ships and not have to worry about that after receiving and then trying to sell.

I’m seriously fine with keeping it as I’m sure once they’re all delivered and the ads eventually sell that I could easily get the extra I paid and it would just take time.

#13149 9 months ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m not pointing fingers at you, you’re not looking for a profit, but it brings out the perils of paying over price at any point in the process. I payed $600 extra to get my Fathom and paid airfreight because I’m impatient. That ended up biting me in the butt. I sold it but nobody was caring that I paid over for xyz and I lost $2k. Had I just paid the initial price and not airfreight I’d have been a lateral sale instead it was a big loss.

I get it and I’ve lost on some too and I’m lucky in this situation as I’m not needing to get out of my spot and am fine if I end up taking delivery, just figured I’d offer if anyone was interested.

I like to make money, and perhaps I’m in the minority, but just never interested in buying a spot to make quick money as I got my spot recently and only looking to get back what I paid.

2 weeks later
#13325 8 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

What had been the solution for the sticking flipper buttons?

Quoted from PinMonk:

Take the inner part of the button out, sand the outside to remove remnants from when it was molded, re-insert button. It's usually just a bump of plastic residue that causes that.

This demonstrates one way of doing what PinMonk describes:

courtesy of ABE_FLIPS

2 weeks later
#13490 8 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

A wise man once told me that the pinball enthusiast world forgives late. They don't forgive bad.

Truer words were never spoken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_eddie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=pinball_eddie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.