(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3020 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I need those cacti too!

Me too!

#3199 1 year ago

Received my SE this past Friday and really enjoying it. Unfortunately the cab decals have some issues out of the box which I'm not happy about. I've included pics and submitted a ticket.

PXL_20220623_233948538 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_233948538 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_233951030 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_233951030 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_233953304 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_233953304 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_234004964 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_234004964 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_234216613 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_234216613 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_234235565 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_234235565 (resized).jpg
#3209 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yes, that is a game that should not have been boxed up in that state, certainly terrible. Hope the owner can get a good result from CGC. Honestly looking at that, if that was the state it was delivered ? a new game should be in order. Difficult though without knowing all the facts.

As the owner, I hope so as well. Not really sure what they will do in a case like this. This type of issue certainly serves to devalue the machine. I don't have the skills or time to fix it...assuming fixing it is even possible. I'm not going to transfer it into a new cab. Monetary compensation or a topper are the only things I can think of

1 week later
#3599 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

That used to be true. Now they market and cater to collectors and home users. Times have changed my man.

Fully agree here. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, but I must say that I found it quite surprising to read a statement that "a pinball machine is not a commercial product." They are absolutely commercial products with a large chunk of sales generated by home buyers. Whether that wasn't the case in the 80s or 90s is irrelevant...it's certainly the case now and has been for quite some time. They are intentionally marketed towards both the home buyer and location/route buyer. Also, to chalk up this type of issue, stemming from a manufacturer defect, on a premium-priced, brand-new product as the buyers responsibility for repair and call it maintenance is quite a stretch. This is an unfortunate situation involving cosmetic damage that most pinball buyers do not have the skills to repair themselves. I understand that it doesn't impact the ability to play the machine, but it does impact the machine's value.

My machine's cab decals were damaged upon arrival. I've spoken to CGC (they called me) and discussed options. I clearly stated that I do not have the skills or time to remove the defective decals and replace them....so simply sending me decals isn't an acceptable solution for me. I am being patient regarding their solution and appreciated the phone call, but I do expect that CGC will find a way to replace the decals (materials and labor) to remedy the issue and restore the value and cosmetic condition I expect when buying an $8000+ machine. I will certainly continue to play and enjoy the machine until an acceptable solution is implemented and really glad that it's a cab cosmetic issue and not a playfield cosmetic issue.

#3708 1 year ago

I'd like to add a trough light because that area seems dark to me. I know that either mezel or lermods made a trough light for MBr that plugged into a spare auxiliary connector on the main board. I'm not seeing one on my CCr and curious if anyone has added a trough light? If so, what did you use and how did you power it?

I'm also interested in maybe adding a spotlight shining on the mine area as well.

Thanks!

#3710 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Comet has a bunch of cool lighting options
https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/matrix

The question is how/where do you tie in on these machines. I have a variety of their matrix products.

#3711 1 year ago

LTG - Any ideas?

#3716 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Damage from a mod can void your warranty. So I can't help on these.
LTG : )

I was more wondering if you were aware of an aux connector or something like it on a board like there was on at least MBr

#3717 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

When I added a trough light to mmr. I had to buy a bulb from pps. Then I spliced into one of the rgb strings. Had to find the connector and rgb wire off of ebay. If yiu don't want the rgb effect. You could most likely use some of the Comet matrix stuff and feed off a gi bulb.

Appreciate it. I need to double check that there are any GI bulbs that aren't on a board.

1 week later
#3861 1 year ago

I just played a buddy's machine and noticed that his drop targets are lit...mine are not not. LTG - Could you tell me what I should check?

Thanks!

#3875 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Have you disabled the color changing GI on your machine in favor of the classic GI? If so, the drop targets will not be lit

Nope, I only turned off the apron flashers. I'm assuming a connection is loose.

#4120 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

They come in 20’s and everyone needs one or two. Who wants to buy a strip then sell off singles?

I'd buy a few

4 weeks later
#4990 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I will be installing art blades, but I don't see any instructions or a video on how to remove the CCr playfield. There's no helpful handle mounted at the back end of the PF like recent Stern pins. And that CCr hinge mechanism looks really tricky. Disconnection of the cables does not look very easy, either. Has anyone done this? Thanks.

You don't need to remove the playfield to install art blades. I'd suggest the wet method...I use soapy water. You can usually push the playfield a bit to each side to provide enough room to install them. I do this with a buddy helping since a second set of hands is really helpful

#5132 1 year ago

Has anyone successfully added additional lighting like a trough light to their CCr? I tried what another pinsider suggested and used one of mezel mods connectors to add a comet matrix trough light to one of the GI plugs, but that didn't work. It powers the trough but since that connector is only two wires and the GI is four wires (RGB) it cuts off the ability for that GI string to change colors. At first I had thought it worked but then noticed that a quarter of the GI (where I connected the trough light) was on but stuck on blue.

I was told that folks used the AUX connector on the board for previous remakes like MBr, but to my knowledge there is not an AUX connector on CCr

2 weeks later
#5384 1 year ago
Quoted from aeneas:

FYI the mods I have made for the original CC also fit on the remake.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bubba-like-shiny-sliver-ball-cactus-canyon-club/page/3#post-6610485
I don't sell them myself, you order them at shapeways and either paint them yourself or get them painted by someone (in the other CC thread someone found someone on etsy I believe to paint them).
In the beginning I thought of selling and painting them myself or searching mod makers to do this, but as the quality is not guaranteed I did not follow this path, only at shapeways you can buy the 3D printed parts.[quoted image]

Can anyone provide a link to the Etsy shop that paints these?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider per3per3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=per3per3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.