(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider p1nhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
#470 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Doesn’t that look out of place? Or do you just put it on before opening up the game?

Put mine on when in service, only time it needs to be there.

3 weeks later
#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

In case you are planning on removing your speaker covers for some upgrades you will need to get your security bits ready.
[quoted image]

I'd say that's stupid but I have to remind myself these are meant to be on location, not in our homes. Security bit is warranted.

2 months later
#3063 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

This is the official CCr topper
[quoted image]

When I get my resin printers back up and running, I will be doing a limited (1250) run of pineapple flasher domes.

1 week later
#3515 1 year ago

With all this leg-gate going on, I didn't see if anyone posted about the similarities to this issue and R&M ... wrinkled those otherwise perfect decals deeply.

Spooky eventually sent out new legs and decals. I watched some videos, read quite a few threads on the process, gathered all my tools and promptly placed the decals underneath the pin.

The level of effort (really time) is not worth it, you will spend more than a brand new cab is probably worth.

If I cared that much, I'd beg CGC to let me buy a new cabinet from them at the end of the run... you could easily sell your second hand cabinet to someone restoring an og cc.

2 months later
#5317 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

It's in. You can go in and see your ticket in their system. I went back in to update my serial number when I realized it was wrong. Ah well. FWIW they were great in the past. I had issues with my MMR Royal and they helped quite a bit. In this case nadda peep.

latest machines off the line still plagued... not a position I want to be in wrt the CXO, dealing with this after the machines left the warehouse.

I think the industry standard here is you will accept an imperfect item and they will send a kit containing mantis style protectors, felt protectors, a razor blade, vinyl squeegee and a full decal set.

I'd be hopeful the mantis style protector along with factory cutting the decals around the protector will prevent this on le and se+.

I feel your pain - happened with our R&M, not much you can do but repair it yourself (prevent it from getting worse) or strip the cabinet and start fresh (no thanks).

1 week later
#5404 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’m so curious about what CGC has been doing in their factory during the parts problem. Seems like enough inventory of SE’s at distributors. Has the line been put on hold or are they creating machines up to the point they can build them and then warehousing them?

Churchill is a large space - they could probably store them all, boxed up, ready to attach the separate boxed toppers for shipping. I think it is a possibility that they all ship a significant chunk of LEs all at once.

I can't imagine they'd appreciate the downtime for the line (especially since paying full in advance is the exception not the rule).

#5408 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

If that is the case...I wonder how many people will be receiving new machines with rusted hardware?

So maybe they are just pumping out cabs... or spending a lot on climate control.

#5428 1 year ago

I can't wait... but my wallet can - p3 platform is a real barn burner and just plunked down for everything now that weird al is on the line (3 months ahead of schedule).

I had a chance to buy a fire sale CC around 1999/2000 and passed on it... pinball at home?! I go to the arcade (never thought they'd shut down but I was a teen then and didn't know anything about the market, pin2k was the future).

Would always lament that, mainly because of Eric's continued code but also the inflated price that kept it at arms length for years. Thankful VP exists and satisfied that itch.

This is a dream pin and glad we can own it (looking forward to Lyman's Swan Song - I think I'm going to remember his birthday with a donation to NAMI in his name, March 24th every year).

#5440 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Had a heater of a game tonight, made it to High Noon. Shy of my Grand Champion score, but what a rush. Here is to you LE guys getting to play soon.
[quoted image]

Boy is that powder coat slick.

#5446 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Thanks. Photos don't do it justice. You can see it better in this video:

Wow, you are right - even better in the video. Gonna do the coin door? The quick look I saw didn't seem like it was shimmering? That shooter housing just pops with it.

What's the name of the combination you used if you don't mind sharing? I might put that on SW.

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

many thanks!..That's what I initially thought..probably measured wrong and/or cut wrong, lol. I just had neck surgery, so there!

Speedy recovery!

#5448 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Thanks. I have never done coin doors on any of my games. If you look at all of the factory LE's from Stern and JJP, you will see that all of their coin doors are standard black. The main reason for this is that if you do any two stage powdercoat, the hinge area will have too much material built up due to a combination of a tight radius and the Faraday effect, and flake off after opening and closing the door several times. You basically have to decide what is more important to you: a matching door with blemishes, or a black door without. The coin door just kind of disappears, so I have never bothered with it. When I sold a past game, a buyer asked why I didn't do the door. When I answered with the same reply I typed before, he said, "well, that is true. My XYZ door is flaking at the hinge."
The color on Star Wars is Ink Black with Rockstar Sparkle. As good as it looks in the video, it is really impressive in person. I did my BM66 in the same color, and had a local guy apply pinstripes similar to the SLE. Feel free to send a PM if you have more questions about powder coating.
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPB-5835/rockstar-sparkle

Well that clears that up. Didn't even take that into consideration.

I wonder if my spooky coin doors will flake (they were matched at the factory).

1 week later
#5684 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Final payment sent for my LE. Yay. Should ship from end of this week to end of next week.

With pps? Could you tell us your order date and time originally for the deposit? Thanks!!

#5698 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Yup...PPS. I emailed Sara the same day she originally indicated they would have spots available. Deposit was 11/2/21

Shoot thought we may be able to gleen position based on that. I got on LE list the day it opened up and plunked down cash on 11/2 at 1030 EST.

So no way to determine where we might fall in line with them. Thanks for the reply!

#5726 1 year ago

Can't wait to get MMr finally - 2023 cannot come soon enough, I just hope I don't have to wait until 2024 to get it!

1 month later
#6505 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

100% agree here. Saying it’s unacceptable then saying accountability goes both ways is speaking out both sides of the mouth. If a company has a process for customer support and the customer engages the process the ball is in the company’s court and they should take it from there. Period. Anything less is known as “bad customer service.” Yes, the customer can then call, pester, etc, to get some action. But it is still “bad customer service”.
Two counter examples.
I had two quality issues with my JJP Wonka. Went to their site, followed the process. Both times - response within 24 hours. New part on my porch within a week.
Stern Godzilla. Contacted twice. Once for a quality issue. Response within 24 hours. Email back and forth 2x over next two days helping me trouble shoot and fix the issue. Issue fixed. Happy me. Second time, merely had a question about an aspect of the cabinet construction. Emailed stern. Response within 24 hrs answering question.
That’s how it is done.

Just to balance things out...

I have a Mando LE with broken razor crest (oob broken, not from play), some issue with decal application, chipping clear, inoperable service buttons since the start.

It took 3 months for a response and that was biweekly email from my wife. Distributor would call and get the runaround too.

I still have no replacement razor crest and the only thing fixed is the clear that I did myself and service buttons I got from Marcos. No replacement decal. No service buttons mailed by Stern (such a simple thing to do).

Nevermind EHOH pre-order for 2022 that is now 2023 with a price increase.

#6522 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Stern parts issues are not justification for how cgc acts. They have nothing to do with stern.
It’s already known that parts is one of stetn’s biggest failures… you want to balance things out by comparing them to a big failure?
Aim higher

I think we all understand that, other than pinball, CGC has nothing to do with stern. This being the case, please quote the other pinsider as well that used JJP and Stern as beaming examples of customer service... which is why I gave my one example of poor customer service.

Hyperbolic to call any of these major pinball companies a big failure.

Edit: almost forgot the snark

#6620 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

I’ve not read a more rude comment on this site ever. Talking about a pinball company’s inability to communicate well, is much different than taking a shot at an entire nation with a giant stereotype beyond your American friends. Shame on you for pointing your finger and being so broadly judgmental and rude. I would never be willing to make such a rude statement about others, especially due to comments on a pinball thread. Really disappointing on multiple levels. Freedom of speech is a great thing, hope you’re afforded the same in your country without being labeled whiny, needy, impatient, and spoiled. God bless America…and CGC’s production line. Sheesh.

His or her VAT will likely go up, shipping fees are forever climbing, and they may luck out with new tax laws that levy appreciation of physical goods per annum prior to their actual sale/realization event... never mind the cost of energy. Though, a pinball machine could help with the crunch wrt heating this winter.

We can learn how impatient, whiny, needy and spoiled we are as well as what it means to pay a fair share. Looking forward to 2023 and all the lessons it brings to us from those ivory towers in Europe. The poster must be cross-eyed looking down their nose at us all the time.

That being said... they have a good attitude with respect to timelines involved, I will gladly wait on CGC to make a quality game.

#6734 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I spoke with Ryan at CGC about several items. First was the lower volume on my game compared to the other remakes. I know others have had the same issue. I was told the volume curve on CCr was tweaked because people were complaining on the other remakes that the volume was too loud on the lowest setting. Therefore on Cactus Canyon, the curve was modified so the volume was lower on the lowest setting while increasing eventually to match the highest volume. I don’t buy it. My game is considerably lower on the highest volume compared to my AFMr on volume 10. Whatever, I guess it is what it is. The game sounds alright at the highest setting but not near as loud as my AFMr. Secondly I asked about knocker compatibility on CC. He told me over the expo weekend, he removed a knocker from a AFMr and tested it in a CC. He said it worked and was the same kit and wiring. I have been trying to get a knocker cable from PPS for some time and have been going back and forth with both PPS and CGC about one. Ryan says PPS should be making them or sourcing them and PPS is telling me CGC should be making them or sourcing them. Either way, it doesn’t look like anyone will supply these anytime soon so the only option is to make one. I would have to look more closely at my knocker kit on my AFMr CE and see what is involved, but was hoping someone here on Pinside could make one for me or us. Happy flipping.

You tell me the PO for the molex connectors on either end (cgc or pps will know), measure the total length of wire and I'd be more than happy to crimp some connectors.

#6747 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Here's some pics from my MMR Royal. Don't have my LE yet, so can't test or compare. But I would think the power driver board is the same. On the power driver board there's a two pin connector for the knock, and it's labeled Knock J115. Maybe somebody with an SE can check their power driver board.
You would just need this connector for the board connection. https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PBL-600-0474-00
Knocker would be easy to add.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would not use an IDC connector for that.

Stick with molex crimped, probably 3.96mm pitch, keyed (wrong terminology, molex calls this a locking ramp) is better so it will take advantage of the lip there to lock it in.

#6749 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

yup, this is what I used with trifurcon crimp terminals (currently disconnected until I get more info) https://www.pinballlife.com/156-396mm-crimp-stuff-2-position-housing-with-locking-ramp-17574.html

That's the one.

#6757 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes, the power board in my SE is the same as the power board in my AFM with the knocker. Looks like 2 wires pinned to that board KNOCK J115 blue - orange directly to the knocker coil. Total length of 4 ft. Could you please make one of these for me? I would gladly pay you for your service.[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Absolutely. Send me pm with mailing info.

Is there a diode across that coil or does cgc have the diode on the board?

#6763 1 year ago

For some reason I only see a picture of the coil. Good to know diodes are baked into the board.

2 weeks later
#7363 1 year ago

To anyone that wants a knocker cable made, I got enough materials to make 9 of them. Send a PM if you already haven't.

I'll have to tally everything up for a cost. Should only be about $5 to ship anywhere in the US.

#7374 1 year ago

To make sure pinside gets their cut, I put the knocker harness for sale in the pinside shop.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1339-modley-crue/07479-chicago-gaming-company-knocker-cable

5 packages will be out the door this week. Will get around to making more of them next weekend.

#7451 1 year ago

Initial order of knocker cables sent, most will have theirs by the weekend according to USPS. I have a bunch more to get through this weekend, thanks for the patience.

#7534 1 year ago

insight75 pointed out to me that all CGC games come pre-drilled for the bally/wms knocker.

He sent a pic of his CCr

953bb2cb85d64f3310e4574bfb863ca59ece4fcf.jpg953bb2cb85d64f3310e4574bfb863ca59ece4fcf.jpg

The hole pattern looks the same as stern style... if anyone has a stern knocker and b/w, is that the case?

Would be nice to have alternatives if pps goes oos on knocker/ bracket kits.

#7543 1 year ago

Real knocker >> sound

It's the first "mod" I do on every Stern I get.

#7566 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Nice!
I meant to ask this question before. If you hook up a physical knocker, how do you shut off the “fake” knocker sound?
Thanks!
Richard

Post is on here several back with images of the service menu.

If you don't want to mess around making a cable yourself I can ship one to Canada.

#7581 1 year ago

Another batch of knocker cables out the door.

#7627 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I installed the knocker tonight. I love it. I love Knockers.

Glad the cable worked well!

#7635 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Where's our Cactus, Where's our Cactus???
[quoted image]

Who is the good boy!? Does he love watching people play pinball like our dog?

#7646 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone have an idea/guess what the font on the LE number is?

Badjka Regular

Patched bold looks pretty good to approximate the limited edition in the badge (though not exact, it just looks nice)

#7650 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

#6 x 3/8" Unslotted Hex Head Wood Screws  These should work nicely. Or same size Phillips Head.
LTG : )

No t nut (if wood bb) or threaded insert (if metal bb)?

It looks like the wms knocker kit comes with machine screws instead of wood.

#7652 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Thank you both! P1nhead --Still gotta order my cable from you first...

What ltg says. If #6 ever tears out, you still have a chance to use #8.

#7654 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Small world. On the PPS ticket I told him to contact you for a harness.

Thanks!

Every CGC game needs a knocker with quality wiring harness (IDC be damned)! I've gotten my turnaround time pretty much next day shipping now.

#7672 1 year ago

Blame Canada! (try and get the South Park song out of your head now)

#7780 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I really like the idea of adding the knocker mod to my CCReS. Is it a simple matter of plug and play where you just install the knocker assembly with plate and hook up the cable harness? Are there program changes needed to get it to work? Does it only work when free game credits are awarded? On free play? (Yeah, I know... dumb questions.)

Go to PPS and buy the wms knocker kit they have, solder the 48v and ground wires onto the knocker, plug cable into the board. The BB comes pre drilled for hole templates of the wms bracket. Use #6 screws.

Somewhere earlier in this thread are details how to activate the knocker and turn off the sound.

Pretty easy upgrade.

Edit:

I finally get to say it... read the FAQ lol
LTG is right

#7878 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

Please contact PPS directly for any leveraged buyout offers! Must pay in gold bullion only.

I need to rent a backhoe to dig it all up, be in touch soon.

#7934 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Like yelling fire in movie theater ?

Speaking of which, I need to get my ski mask from the dry cleaner because every year on December tenth I walk into a bank, dressed in all black, wearing my level IV body armor and a ski mask... I politely, yet very firmly shout "Everyone."

Then I walk out and get some lunch.

2 months later
2 weeks later
#10871 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Where is that from? Someplace special or the usual pinball supply places?

Pinball life sells them

2 months later
#12726 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I built mine out of spare parts, but needed a shiney new knocker plate.
I bought the cable here on pinside as I was too lazy to make one.
PPS has all the parts at a good price:
https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-B-10686-1
https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-CBL-KNOCKER
https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-01-7525
The knocker cable is also sold here in this thread by pinsider mycarlooksfast
If you dont have them, you need at least 5 of these:
https://www.pinballlife.com/6-x-38-unslotted-hex-head-screw.html
The screws go in easily, you dont even need a screw gun. Just a 1/4" nut driver will do it.

Also, I've shipped about 200 knocker cables for CCR and many more for the other remakes, I'm even linked to in the FAQ (and since I list mine on pinside, robin et al actually get a cut).

In fact, look who ordered a cable from me:

mycarlooksfast #220133900064

1 month later
#13389 8 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Correction acknowledged ,
I cant think of that game without thinking of these guys[quoted image]

Ack, ack ack ack ack!

3 weeks later
#13653 8 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

And PTCR.

Throw pies!

1 month later
#14082 6 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hi everyone -
My life has finally (almost?) found its new normal. Appreciate the PMs this summer.
I’ve had a year I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy:
- artificial hip broke at Christmas. Surgery in February. Complications and recovery through May.
- Surprised with divorce request three months shy of 35th anniversary
- Working pretty much by myself from a wheelchair to get house ready for sale
- Unexpected spinal surgery in July
- Sold the majority of my collection and parts. Very tough.
- Divorced finalized in August
- Moved to a new place (pretty much for showering and sleeping while getting the house ready)
- Got the house listed for sale.
- Stood up without hip pain for the first time on Tuesday.
Just finished catching up on the thread. Going to the Denver Pinball show this weekend and plan to update the FAQ next week and hopefully find my mirrored backglass which I lost track of these last few months. Glad to see international games being delivered (and congrats Richard!).
Looking forward to finally playing my LE in October!
If anyone has any specific updates they’d like to see added, PM me.
Ditto if you are interested in a house in the Denver area with the super cool arcade area and basement as featured on Stern’s website

Wow.

Glad things are looking up and happy to see you back here.

5 months later
#15214 31 days ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

Anyone in US received an LE or notice of shipping lately? 2 1/2 years now since ordered. It doesn’t seem right to be shipping out PF when CCLEs still not delivered. Rant over.

Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Still waiting on my LE.

About 20 or so still waiting. PP reached out and they were told by cgc "soon" - whatever that means.

#15216 31 days ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

What's the highest number seen? I don't recall any machine over 1000 being pictured. Hopefully I'm wrong on that number, but would make another 200+ to go
Edit well I see machine #1008 posted 4 months ago, so hopefully they are closer to the end

I read (on) pinside is a small fraction of operators and private collectors. I know 4 local operators/collectors near me and 2 have some of the largest collections in the world (none of them are on pinside). The closest they came to pinside is rec.net.

2 weeks later
#15369 18 days ago

LEs coming in/around June!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider p1nhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=p1nhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.