(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,414 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Mando
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider machinegunguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from Hemispheres:

Hey all, just a quick post I have a couple extra specials that are immediately available. $8000 plus shipping.
https://www.hemispheresamusements.com/new-game-cactus-canyon-remake.php#special

Quick note. I have bought a number of NIB Games from Kurt and Mark at Hemispheres Amusements. Those guys are great and their customer service is outstanding. I’d actually be getting my game if I hadn't decided on an LE.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I also live in WI are they charging you Sales tax?

They are not.

It is technically the responsibility of the purchaser to pay the sales tax. There is a spot on the Wisconsin Income Tax Form where you can voluntarily pay any uncharged sales tax.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from nedry:

Is it my fault that the music sucks donkey ballz? I guess you are the one with strange tastes! Peace dude

To quote the call out from Jurassic Park. "Why would Nedry do this?" Having played this pin, I think the music is just fine. It's not a music pin after all, it's a remake of a classic that was never "finished". I think most of us who have one ordered are very excited to get this pin and I have even higher hopes for the Lyman (RIP) code enhancement.

2 months later
#2019 1 year ago

I happen to be speaking to my distributor yesterday about sonneting else and causally asked about my Cactus Canyon LE. He said that he understood the tentative plan from CGC was to produce 500 SE's and then switch to LE production. He said, and I quote,"Hopefully, I asking you for some money in a few weeks. If that proves to be correct, we may, emphasis on may start to see some LE's in the wild sometime in June.

#2038 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And obviously not everyone knows it’s there.
As long as people ask questions that have been asked MANY times (e.g. FAQs) I’m going to point them to the FAQ.

Personally, I really appreciate the effort that was put forward to create and maintain the FAQ. Thanks JFH! I think referring people to the FAQ when a question has already been answered there makes total sense and will prevent a significant amount of redundancy.

3 weeks later
#2511 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Closer than me!!
Richard

Although I don't know Richard, I a random stranger am still hoping he gets his game soon! I'm am currently waiting patiently for my LE, so I can empathize with his pain. Maybe Trudeau banned the importation of CCr because it has handguns on it! Just a thought.

1 week later
#2829 1 year ago

I now have a race going on. Will my CCr LE arrive before my TS4 CE. Bonus race. Will I get both machines before Richard gets his game?

I was/am fortunate (insane) enough to manage to get them both. I really enjoyed playing CCr at several Pinball Shows which is why I pulled the trigger on one. (Pun intended).

3 months later
#5663 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Was thinking of trading the game for a Mandalorian for my wife, but now, not sure. Think I might want others to experience this rush.

Don't do it. I had a Mandalorian Premium from its initial release. Put may 180 plays on it tops. I didn't really like that game very much and neither did most of my guests. I actually traded mine in on a TS4 CE. I think you'll be much happier with Cactus Canyon in the long run. I'd still waiting for my CCr LE but I have played enough CCr to know that the game is a lot more fun than Mandalorian in my opinion. Again just my opinion, but trust me after the initial shine wears off Mando will not be heavily played if you have other alternatives.

2 months later
#8178 1 year ago

With pinball nowadays you must learn patience. I ordered an Elvira premium in July of 2021, still waiting, ordered a CCr LE last year when they came out. Still waiting. I will say Kudo’s to Stern on my Bond LE which I ordered release day and was told December and my game arrived last week, in December as promised, so Stern apparently can keep some of their promises some of the time. Although the code is a bit rough at the moment. I still think the CCr LE will be worth the wait, no sense complaining about something I can’t control. It’s only a pinball machine after all , not some life or death medicine or medical device.

3 months later
#11625 1 year ago

CCr LE #528 MFG 3/30/23 is in the house. A long wait but well worth it.

IMG_3342 (resized).jpegIMG_3342 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#12615 10 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

So I’ve narrowed my decision down to Getting Cactus Canyon or Jurassic Park premium. I’ve not got to play cactus because there’s nowhere close that I can play one but it looks beautiful and from what everyone says it’s great and I like a western theme. So I’m a decent player will it keep me interested or am I going to blow through it so to speak I know we’re ones at 8000$. And Jurassic is 9699$ so I could save some money what is everyone thinking

I have both games and I am an ok player. JP is a hard game, it's very challenging, Frankly out of all my Stern's it's my least favorite game. CCr however, is a great game, super fun to play for both beginners and higher level players. I can only imagine how good it will be if they ever offer the "Lyman" code ideas. I waited a long time to get my LE, but frankly I feel it was worth the wait. The build quality is also phenomenal. I will say the only disappointment was the original back glass fortunately I ordered the Mirrored Back Glass/Translite and it was worth every penny.

#12618 10 months ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

What makes it stand out....I haven't seen one compared to the original

The original by which I mean the one they include with CCr, not the original CC, is a piece of clear glass with a printed piece of essentially thick paper you put behind the glass. The limited mirrored back glass option was actually silkscreened on the glass. The whole paper thing surprised me. It looked ok, but its not the same as a translite were the graphics are on the glass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider machinegunguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=machinegunguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.