(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 minutes ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Would the sale of the tracks breach copyright?

No. They are just generic tracks with no name, logo or likeness pulled from Cactus Canyon.

1 month later
#1948 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I generally detest shakers but it’s a must for Cactus Canyon.

I’m so curious. Why? I see shakers as a must have especially for the price. I think shakers make a huge difference in terms of the feel and overall experience. I put them on every pin I can.

#1975 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Again, what is a FAQ again?

Careful…. You are playing with fire.

3 weeks later
#2549 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Unfortunately its par for the course i.e. CGC. They make great games, but are terrible at communication, and meeting schedule.

But why shouldn’t CGC learn from its past shortfalls? I think that’s the bigger question. If you know communication sucked in the past, learn your lesson and change your behavior going forward.

#2552 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The industry and customer base is far greater than the Pinside universe. We are really a different breed here.
Unfortunately when manufacturers do give us more info and something gets delayed they tend to get slammed so they may see it as a no-win situation. That is frustrating for the reasonable people here, especially those with orders in.

This is a good point and I agree, but I also think that if there is a significant delay then the right thing to do is to pass on the info even though you may get slammed.

#2609 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

This +100. Send the fucking games out. Send the toppers later. You’re holding up people’s money CGC.

How much was your deposit? I’m just curious. I’ve seen you mention this a couple of times. My deposit was $1000, which in pinball money isn’t a lot. You’re constantly flipping and selling LEs so I can’t imagine $1000 is that big a deal. Just saying…

1 week later
#2919 1 year ago

I guess I’m not in a huge hurry for my LE. I think we should all take the attitude that it will come when it will come. In the meantime, hopefully we all have multiple pins we can enjoy. However, I do sympathize with those who don’t and understand how they would want their pin sooner rather than later. CGC is a solid company.

2 weeks later
#3478 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

As I wake up this morning I realize I am still bitter. Bitter about my ruined decals. Yep, I am still bitter about it.

Got it. Everyone understands. My best advice is to have some faith in CGC and see where things go. I promise you they aren’t happy about your situation but it’s not going to get fixed overnight.

#3605 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

That used to be true. Now they market and cater to collectors and home users. Times have changed my man.

I also completely agree. Times have changed. Even if they haven’t, I think a commercial operator shouldn’t have to agree to lesser standards. They are paying the same price for the product as everyone else. With that being said, I do think CGC will figure out an acceptable solution.

#3745 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

We are wondering , so why only one week ?

Must be babysitting

1 week later
#4012 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You could make an argument to ship games out without toppers.

I’ve seen this argument and it doesn’t make sense to me. I mean, have a little patience. Not everything needs to be immediate. My dad once told me - If you are going to do something, you might as well do it right. I think that’s great advice. Shipping an LE without a topper isn’t an LE and it’s also not done right. Full disclosure I have an LE on order so the delay affects me.

1 week later
#4332 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Any LE place holders becoming less enchanted with this title?

For me, not at all. Great things come to those that wait.

2 weeks later
#4930 1 year ago

Any thoughts on the K-mans rumor today that the Lyman code isn’t very deep and doesn’t add much or do we all just not care for now??

#4942 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t know why he has such an audience. He’s just stirring up the pot (as usual). I seriously doubt he knows as much as some here and there’s no way those that do (working for CGC or under NDA) told him anything real.

I think people take him way too seriously. In my opinion, it’s a great show. It’s fun to listen to pinball content. His show is entertaining. It’s entertainment. Take it for what it’s worth and just enjoy it for what it is. Sometimes he’s right, sometimes he’s wrong. That’s just how it goes.

As for the code, I’m definitely buying it. I have an LE on order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider krupps4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.