(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#168 2 years ago

I added a shaker and Invisiglass to mine tonight. Easiest shaker motor install ever.

I actually beat Bionic Bart. It must be the Invisiglass as I know my pinball skills have not gotten better.

#204 2 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I stopped by and spoke to Cliffy this morning and asked him about CCr protectors. He doesn't know if his existing Williams sets will exactly fit CCr.
He did note that MMr & MBr fit the Williams sets perfectly, but that CGC did change AFMr playfield so his existing sets didn't fit perfectly.
So, he can't guarantee that his existing CC sets will fit CCr. He has sold a few CC sets to future CCr owners, so results should be coming soon.
I've offered him my CCr LE when I get it, but this issue should be resolved by then.
Robert

I ordered a set from him to check how things fit on my CCr. I will let you guys know what works as soon as I get them.

1 week later
#400 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If it's in line with the price of Stern's node boards, then it's easily over $1k (retail) to replace

I have never had to pay for a bad Stern node board. If you work with your distributor and send back the old one, its free.

I also have not heard of any of the larger boards going out on a CGC and I have had 3 games in my collection with AFM being the oldest.

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So… I thought my interlock bypass switch was wired wrong or broke. Turns out i think it’s just s software thing. The game gives you the high power disabled’ warning even if the interlock is pulled out…. Which is incorrect.
I also had problems with one of the drop targets not latching and staying up reliably.
Could not find anything out of place - it just would easily unlatch with the coil action. I solved by bending the finger tab that pushes the target down slightly so it did not reset the target as much. Slightly reducing how far it pushed the target up.
Unfortunately it looks line the plastic ledges that hold the drop targets up are riveted to thr drop target bracket… which will make replacement was harder

I replaced a spring with a softer one on my second from the left target for this very issue. Works properly now.

#550 2 years ago

I think there will some of the alternative translites available at TPF for those that are attending. Backalley Creations usually has his stuff for sale at the shows.

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Ordered the acrylic BG and art blades.

I ordered the art blades this morning. Thanks everyone for posting as I had not seen that they were available.

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

I'm getting the SE and plan to install a shaker motor to add to overall gameplay experience...

It's the easiest shaker motor install that I have ever done. There is already a connector waiting for the shaker that makes it look like a very clean install. No looking for the right place to plug it in like on newer Stern machines.

After a couple hundred plays on my SE, the only issue I had was with one drop target. No other issues and the playfield has far fewer divots than my Godzilla or JP.

#820 2 years ago
Quoted from EmeraldWeapon:

Do you have a link for the shaker motor you purchased? I'm assuming it's the same shaker motor that works in all the cgc remakes?

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-assembly-for-chicago-gaming.html

#824 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

My buddy who has an LE on order was told by his distibutor the SE plus may come before LE now. Has anyone been told the same?

Hearing just the opposite. LEs next then the SE+.

I hope at some point they do sell the topper separately. I am still glad I ordered the SE as I would have been happy with a classic version were it available.

#837 2 years ago

Links don't seem to be working for me jfh.

1 week later
#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Red Rabbit I have about 25 plays on mine and has not got stuck there. What's your pitch? I have mine set slightly above the level bubble at 6.5

I have no issues with ball sticking there at all. My game is 6.5 degrees...

#1179 2 years ago

I just got these in the mail. They look incredible.

Also, the brown envelope has my cliffy set. I plan to install these over the weekend.

20220409_091951 (resized).jpg20220409_091951 (resized).jpg

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Nice! -- I'm still considering whether or not to pull the trigger on the Brian Allen Translite and Art Blades. Let me know how the install goes--another fellow Pinsider stated he used the "wet" method and it was pretty straightforward. Would be curious to hear your thoughts as well.
As for the Cliffy's, I assume you bought the set for the original CC since Cliff hasn't released a specific CCr set? Did you get the "full" set for the purpose of replacing the metal protectors that CGC already put in place (i.e., outside the mine entry, ball drain hole) or did you just by certain pieces for the areas that aren't covered by CGC? Please let us know how they all fit (especially around the drop targets which I believe have a different design than the original).
Thanks!

I got the full set from the original for testing.

I plan to put the art blades on today with folks coming over tonite to play some pinball. I will give the Cliffy's a whirl tomorrow.

#1344 2 years ago

Here are some pics of my side art install. Looks really nice on the game.

20220411_194043 (resized).jpg20220411_194043 (resized).jpg20220411_194057 (resized).jpg20220411_194057 (resized).jpg20220411_194115 (resized).jpg20220411_194115 (resized).jpg
#1376 2 years ago

Is the stand up target dropping down immediately causing mode to end?

#1382 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Is a drop target staying up? It's likely the drop target is not staying up and being registered as a hit... thus ending the mode. test your drop targets and see if they stay in the up position. One probably isn't.

I had to put a less aggressive spring on one target for this reason.

#1398 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I saw the one on pinball life but ccr wasn’t listed just the other remakes I wanted to be sure before I ordered one

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-assembly-for-chicago-gaming.html

This is the one I ordered and it works perfectly.

#1464 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Well I installed my carpet, now I am just missing a CCr.

That is incredible!

9 months later
#9413 1 year ago

As frustrating as the CCr shipping situation is, please don't attack each other on the forum. Take private discussions to PM. It is against the forum rules to post private PMs in threads, so it should be a better place to handle disagreements civilly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Trade
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=jodester and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.