(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkush18.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#144 2 years ago

Sounds like CCr is going to be epic. The final game in the Lyman chapter of pinball!

1 week later
#277 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

….my guests have historically preferred my CGC remakes over anything else I have.

Same here. Everyone loves the remakes. It’s that 90s magic!

5 months later
#4891 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Of course they will lessen the impact of the dynamic lighting. Kinda like having disco lights cunning outside in the daytime. You can see everyone better but that doesn’t make it more pleasant necessarily.

Fwiw, I had pinstadiums on my MMR but did not like losing the coloring changing GI effects so I removed them. I suppose I could wire the pinstadiums to trigger the same color as the GI, Green for trolls, Red for Dragon, etc. but I can't be bothered to spend hours dialing in pinstadiums fussing with all the wires and the app etc. My friends prefer the game with the pinstadiums off in general. There's such a thing as too bright. Side note $650 bucks now for a set? That's getting a bit absurd imo.

1 month later
#5708 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And also remember that a distributor (especially larger ones like PPS and GEX) may/will get the LE deliveries in multiple shipments/batches.
Plus it’s going to take 6+ months to produce all the LEs at the current (estimated) production rates.

That's fine by me. CGC is the only company that gives me enough time to save up before being wiped out....yet again...!

1 week later
#5797 1 year ago

I just wanted to say that out of all the manufacturers, CGC has the best quality made games. They’re also the perfect balance of approachableness and depth for me. That 90s era pinball magic is where it’s at for me and my family. MM is the only game I’ve ever seen my gf turn on when I’m not home! I know the communication could be better but wouldn’t you rather them get shit done than pacify us with useless projections. When the parts get in they’ll ship the games. Believe me if they could get them out faster they’d want to as well. The more days that pass, the more this game will be an even better value in my eyes. Even more so based on the hyper inflation we’re seeing for all goods not just pinball.

#5800 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Just as long as CGC isn’t cooking up one of those Stern retroactive price hikes that applies to yet to be delivered games... FML

That’s not how they’ve rolled historically.

#5806 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

Anyone outside of planetary has received invoice?

not yet.

#5807 1 year ago

Honestly if the SE has color changing gi, what’s a better deal out here for mid 7s? Shit even new at 8k is a lot of game for what you get.

#5815 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

These games have great lighting including color coded GI effects. Pinstadiums? Totally not needed.

I had a set of neos on my mm but I didn’t like how all the color changing gi effects were lost. Unless you really dial them and know how to make them turn green during trolls and red during right ramp etc it’ll be overkill that’s not we’ll integrated imo.

#5816 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

I had a set of neos on my mm but I didn’t like how all the color changing gi effects were lost. Unless you really dial them in and know how to make them turn green during trolls and red during right ramp etc it’ll be overkill that’s not we’ll integrated imo.

#5819 1 year ago
Quoted from jrh7:

I've got a new CCR SE and every once in a while, when it ejects a ball into the shooter lane, the ball bounces back into the trough. Does anyone have any recommendations on making this work better?
Thanks

You may try reducing the coil strength for that outkicker.

1 week later
#6012 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Did anyone get up close pics of the LE's at Expo?

The armor is matte. It feels great against the hands.

C3DB32F7-E8DB-47D7-AE55-3A33CA5AD346 (resized).jpegC3DB32F7-E8DB-47D7-AE55-3A33CA5AD346 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#6338 1 year ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

I was on the fence and passed on an LE no regrets after seeing what you’re all going through, that said I’m thinking about pulling the trigger on an SE.

For what the SE offers it’s a steal in the market right now imo.

#6360 1 year ago

Looks like someone has a very precise eta. Good things to come…

44B4CE3E-C254-4CAA-ABA6-8FD9800C0CA8 (resized).png44B4CE3E-C254-4CAA-ABA6-8FD9800C0CA8 (resized).png
2 months later
#8769 1 year ago

Listed my LE in the marketplace if you or anyone you know is looking for an LE.

#8787 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I presume you are aware of CGC’s policy on distributors reselling “available” LEs at significantly over MSRP?

Just a personal game not a distributor. Hopefully that’s still ok.

3 weeks later
#9697 1 year ago
Quoted from Stuey:

I received #0158 CCrLE on Thursday, January 26th, 2023. The “born on” date was January 12th, 2023. This is my first “New In Box” machine. Once I receive the Mezel Mods upgrades, I’m going to photograph the game from the ball’s perspective and make prints available for purchase. I love photographing pinball machines! There is something about capturing the architecture of the playfield and the allure of playing. To see other pinball photos, https://www.kevin.tiell.com/the-game-reflected.
The story I grew up with, is that my grandfather gambled on pinball. Researching how it was possible led me to create these unique images. I am excited to see what I can do with this Cactus Canyon remake LE!
[quoted image]

I always wondered what happened to the drummer from the beets!

B427C83C-52A7-4358-B270-EFE37957D1BF (resized).jpegB427C83C-52A7-4358-B270-EFE37957D1BF (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#10432 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Another flipper. This one is a steal at $11K. SN 142. Can nothing be done? https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/152448

Hardly a flip at 11k. With tax and shipping some invoices are approaching that figure.

#10438 1 year ago

Think it’s safe to assume if planetary direct buyers got a 6 month wait email that those that didn’t buy with planetary will also be waiting another 6 months? Just curious what’s the reason for the delay?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jkush18.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=jkush18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.