(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heavyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 2 years ago

So excited they have started shipping!! Upgraded to the SE+ (so who knows when I'll get mine) but at least we know it's starting to happen! Hats off to the lucky ones who got the LEs and the ones who will have their CCr SE soon.

#32 2 years ago

Just got them email from Joe at PinballSTAR it says "SE games are on the production line now and have started shipping. Orders fulfilled in order they were / are placed". WOO HOO it's happening!

#50 2 years ago

Hoping that some one makes a mod for the train tracks to look like the LE. *cough* looking at Tmezel

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Its nice, but i'm OK without that. The things I want are art blades, shaker, train tracks, maybe powder coat. Maybe.

I'm in the same boat. You can purchase a shaker and art blades. Don't get me wrong I think powder coating is awesome, but I'm not sure where to go and how much it would actually cost to get everything done. So really the only thing is for a modder to make the train tracks look like the LE and that would be perfect!

#60 2 years ago

Do you just buy standard B/W flippers to replace the ones on a CGC game?

#68 2 years ago

Will they produce all the LEs before they move to SE+?

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That’s my assumption based on past comments.
The entire allotment of 1250 LEs has been sold. Makes sense they would change the production line once after the initial SE run and produce them all before changing the line back to SE/SE+ models again. Can you imagine the uproar from some if SE+ games hit the street before LEs?

That makes sense. So it should be a while before the SE+ comes out maybe I have time to get another game

#73 2 years ago

The real question is what game might I get? Hmmm choices ... choices

1 week later
#176 2 years ago

LTG congratulations!! Question, I see the cactus canyon you have there has art blades? Do they all come with them standard or did you quickly put some on.

#180 2 years ago

Ohhh man you're right! That's super sweet. Good for you @ltg!

#187 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You just gave me an awesome idea for an update to the second FAQ question, now with a little nod to Lloyd.

You're welcome

#188 2 years ago

Does someone have a picture of the mine cart and track so I can see exactly what I'm missing and be able to hope someone makes a mod that recreates it?

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Weren’t we just talking about the FAQ?
Take a look at the all new sculptures section from the official Chicago Gaming page: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/cactus-canyon
I have no doubt that modders will make versions of the LE ones.

Was that in the faq? I didn't see that sorry. So the mine cart and mine cart track just sit on top of the mine?

#214 2 years ago

I've dealt with Joe many times. Couldn't ask for a better person to deal with. He will never steer you wrong. The moment he has something he will let you know. He probably hasn't got his allotment yet. Don't fret Joe is awesome.

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Yeah he’s a good dude and very responsive suppose I’m just excited to get the game.
This will probably the last nib game I get to buy for a long time.

With the way prices are going I'm in the same boat. Don't know how many NIB I can do moving forward.

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The thread Lloyd links is a good start. One of my to-dos is to add step by step instructions for the SD card creation in the FAQ.

jfh If it's allowed maybe even find a way to have a bally logo for people to download to use. If not allowed, maybe give the dimensions, file type, file size type of requirements. I could see a lot of people getting hung up on that who are trying to do it or even make their own. Just a thought and if you've already thought of that just ignore me.

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Vibrating polisher from harbor freight or berry's.
Walnut media with a small amount of Flitz added maybe 2 tablespoons.
Flitz adds an anti-corrosive so the balls dont rust.
Clean the balls with brake cleaner or naptha.
I use my vacuum bagger (food saver) to keep the balls fresh and rust free in bags of 25.

Do you use the 24 grit or the 12 grit walnut from harbor freight?

1 week later
#514 2 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Made ourselves some 3D printed railroad tracks for our CCr Special Edition today. I think it’s the one thing that we were truly missing from the LE model so had to add ‘em.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These are exactly what people will need! Thank you and can't wait to order a set!!

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Hello everyone.
I just wanted to let you know that our Train Track MOD for CGG's Cactus Canyon Remake is now available for the SE and SE+ models.
Below are links to both Pinside and to our Website:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1012-ulekstore/06608-train-track-mod-for-cgc-s-cactus-canyon-se-se-machines
https://www.ulekstore.com/category_s/2070.htm
P.S. We're headed to the arcade to do our "How To Install" instructional video shortly and will update the link on our website and on our Pinside Shop's listing within the next 24 hours or so.
Thank you again for your interest in our MOD and looking forward to doing business with you.
-David[quoted image][quoted image]

As soon as I'm paid on Friday you will be getting my money. Need to start making my mod stock pile!!!

#551 2 years ago

Well as promised it's payday and I ordered my train track set ULEKstore

1 year later
#14473 4 months ago

Does anyone know what the part is for the little metal plates that go around the switches? The ones on my saloon gate switch came off and I found the screws but I can't find the metal plates (and one of them is threaded I believe). Currently using a zip tie to hold it in place. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3 months later
#15175 53 days ago

I was going to do some lit flipper buttons, but I'm having a hard time picking a color. Any ideas or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heavyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=heavyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.