(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenmachine19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 2 years ago

No longer need to see nedry post ever again. Ignored.

2 weeks later
#462 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I had good luck with Mike as well buying 2 NIB CGC remakes from him.
He is a busy man!
Richard

My SE is sitting in the warehouse right now. Was going to pick it up tomorrow but the only bad weather day for the week is tomorrow. Have to wait another week. I’ve worked with Kayla both times. Also very good.

1 week later
#552 2 years ago

In the club.

C5C61307-D598-4F5E-AF07-27669AB711FF (resized).jpegC5C61307-D598-4F5E-AF07-27669AB711FF (resized).jpeg
#599 2 years ago

I love the art! I don't really care for the MM or AFM versions personally but I like the CC one. The FT one also looks awesome if I still had my FT. Picked up the acryllic translite and side art.

#600 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I love the art! I don't really care for the MM or AFM versions personally but I like the CC one. The FT one also looks awesome if I still had my FT. Picked up the acryllic translite and side art.

Saw these in person at Pintastic. They really pop when back lit.

#634 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

In a follow up to my mrs switch problem, I noted that the one with the most problems was super loose on the board and would trigger the switch when I wiggled the wires. So, I pulled the pins out and stretched them to be “tighter” when reinserted into the housing. Reinserted and I’m back in business. Can’t be 100% this was the solution as I also swapped two of the switches, but it’s all working now!! I almost got to high noon on my third game back. Just couldn’t finish bionic Bart! But I set the high score on my game at 100 mil. More work to do there, obviously but this was the first game I could collect the trick shot right orbit.
Such a fun smooth shooter!! Side note, I choke EVERY time I try to save Polly. Literally don’t think I’ve done it once. It’s getting to be a super sweaty moment for me!!!

On my phone I could never save Polly. I done it a bunch of times on the actual game.

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Received the acrylic BG today, #19 of 150. Looking forward to the art blades. The only thing I need now is the machine.

Just installed 17 of 150 in my machine. Looks great.

7524B1F9-C6AF-4287-B1DA-D505719F7180 (resized).jpeg7524B1F9-C6AF-4287-B1DA-D505719F7180 (resized).jpeg
#883 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Nice any chance of a full machine pic?

Yes the very tip of the C is under the trim piece. The light tub behind it also does prevent lighting the edge of the art work as well. The art work on the acrylic does go right to the edge so it’s unavoidable. It doesn’t really bother me. I think it still looks amazing.

19655455-5C59-469A-854A-30DD89338F39 (resized).jpeg19655455-5C59-469A-854A-30DD89338F39 (resized).jpegE649E3B9-FFE4-408F-A3BA-1C9FE8DF4694 (resized).jpegE649E3B9-FFE4-408F-A3BA-1C9FE8DF4694 (resized).jpeg
#884 2 years ago

The trim piece is shorter than the seating surface of the light tub. You would be in the same boat with the translite I think.

83C1259D-2417-4B81-870C-2538762C9C75 (resized).jpeg83C1259D-2417-4B81-870C-2538762C9C75 (resized).jpeg
#885 2 years ago

The game has played almost flawlessly so far. I’ve only experienced a stuck closed switch on the beer mug shot. Pulled the switch and just bent it with my finger away a little bit. Playing perfect ever since. What’s a respectable beer mug shot champion score anyway? My wife has 221. I had 64 before she over took me. She crushes me on this game. This is the only game I’m not the GC on. She has 142 mill. My best is 137 mill.

#927 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Such a beauty!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! We love ours.

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve stubbed in a section on what to do when you get your game and hope to finish over the weekend. If someone who got their game could verify for me if the keys attached to the shooter rod are both coin door keys like WMS games were with backbox keys inside the coin door or one of each, I’d appreciate it.
The instructions are actually in the manual but it can’t hurt to have a good outline.
Oh, and since everyone wants to know when Richard is getting his game I put the answer in the Miscellaneous section of the FAQ.

Both keys tie-wrapped to the shooter rod are coin door keys and the keys hanging from the hook inside the coin door are back box keys. Confirmed. I haven’t cracked the bag on the manual yet because I haven’t had any problems and the menu is pretty self explanatory.

#970 2 years ago

Shaker adjustments? Do I have to enable it?

#974 2 years ago

I have installed a shaker. Where are the adjustments for it?

#976 2 years ago

I’m just not seeing it anywhere.

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Remake Adjustments/Coil Adjustments/R 28. Shaker Strength

Thank you

#993 2 years ago

I don't know if this is new but there is a drain hole protector as well. I happened to notice that the other day.

#995 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Has anyone else had the ball keep getting stuck in the shooter lane? I bumped the trough kick out strength to the max but it still happens. I'm guessing I'll have to bend the wire on the switch down a little bit?
[quoted image]

Sometimes the ball comes out too forcefully and jumps back into the trough. I'm considering knocking the coil power down a little to see if it stops doing that. But I've never seen this. I'm hyper sensitive to it because of the problem I had on my Halloween.

#1185 2 years ago

I went in dry. Wet method unnecessary. The are repositionable. They went in easy. The hinge bolt hole is small. I recommend not removing the eyelet. I did on the first one and was able to recover and get it back in. Used a scalpel to make my own hole to put the hardware back in.

1516CE22-555A-4224-8ACA-FB8CBBC8D728 (resized).jpeg1516CE22-555A-4224-8ACA-FB8CBBC8D728 (resized).jpegB9C0E349-5CBA-4974-AA13-5C34FE98057A (resized).jpegB9C0E349-5CBA-4974-AA13-5C34FE98057A (resized).jpegDC0AE420-B6E2-4C5F-9A92-ACF9B64DF68C (resized).jpegDC0AE420-B6E2-4C5F-9A92-ACF9B64DF68C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1491 2 years ago

I picked up my game from Automated. Did not come on a pallet. Talking to the guys they said a bunch arrived on one big pallet. No issues when I got it home the game was spotless. Sorry this happened to you. I've been lucky out of 3 NIB pins, never had a scratch.

1 month later
#2267 1 year ago

I agree my MMr and AFMr are set to a much lower volume but are way louder. I don't know what the fix could be.

#2279 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

But when it turned to the correct volume it sounds just as good as the others?
Richard

You have to adjust the volume very high to be able to hear it. Where as I set MMr, AFMr to the minimum (8) and its almost too loud. I have the minimum volume option set so I can go below 8. If I set my volume high on MMr, AFMr its way too loud to tolerate. You can't go way too loud to tolerate on CCr. I'm as high as I can go on CCr and it's not quite loud enough. I could go higher but it starts to sound distorted.

3 weeks later
#2805 1 year ago

Has anyone figured out the sound issue some people have? Where I have the volume way up just to hear it?

#2878 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t think it will hurt the SE market at all.
There are/will be plenty of people that will be very happy without the topper. In this market $8k for CCr is a great value. Some just won’t see the benefit of paying an extra 15% for the topper, which while a great addition isn’t critical to the enjoyment of the game.

I also don't have the MMr topper or the AFMr topper. I'm able to enjoy the game just fine. I have a topper on Halloween but don't have much time to look up at the screen let alone the topper.

#2894 1 year ago

Finally completed High Noon for the first time! Absolutely cool. Love how the flippers go dead once completed.

2 weeks later
#3387 1 year ago

I received Halloween before CCr and that game came with felt protectors in the box so I ordered a set from Marco for when CCr arrived. So I’m not having this issue. As far as the CGC remakes over originals. This is a hotly debated thing. I own 3 remakes and am completely happy with all 3. Some hardcore tournament players will argue the originals shoot better etc. I’m ok at pinball, not great. I don’t see these issues some are able to point out and quantify. I have no problem making any shots in any of my games. The flippers feel snappy to me. If in 20 years I burn something up I am unable to solder myself I’m sure there will be a solution for fixes in the future. I’m just not paying 15 to 20k for an original just so I can say I own an original. We play ours all the time. I’ve actually played all 3 in the original form. Usually they were beat so I was unable to enjoy the greatness that might have been when they were factory fresh.

#3601 1 year ago

So many posts I thought maybe the new DLC software update was available.

#3694 1 year ago

That mantis protector is so thick you are going to need longer leg bolts.

1 week later
#3904 1 year ago

Topper is definitely cool. Got to play topper mode at Pintastic. Nice break from the action. Would have loved to get an LE but just sold out too quickly and I wasn’t paying 1250 just for a topper. My other CGCs don’t have toppers either so I’ve already forgotten about it. Playing the snot out of our game. Thoroughly happy with it as is. Added the alternative art because I was never a fan of the original translite.

1 week later
#4304 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Mine is very similar. I have mine turned up to 29 and it is about as load as my AFMr at volume 5. I wouldn’t say it’s muffled or distorted but not as clear and loud. My request has been sent to the engineers going on months now. No response or possible fixes. It can’t be THAT hard.

I have this issue but I'm too stupid to figure out how to create a ticket. Same as others. I have MMr, and AFMr. Both set to between 6 and 8. CCr is set to 20ish to be able to hear it and not have distortion. Otherwise I love the game. It's the only game my wife wants to play now. I've checked connections, inspected wiring on the speakers etc. don't see anything obvious.

#4326 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Any LE place holders becoming less enchanted with this title? Lots of SE's up for sale, long wait and some quality issues. Not trying to start a pissing match, just lost some steam waiting for my LE given the aforementioned.

We love ours. Not selling anytime soon. Achieved high noon once and completed it. Still fun. We play it more than our other games still. It’s the only game my wife plays right now. Ours hasn’t needed anything more than a switch adjustment since we’ve had it. We are eagerly awaiting the upgrade kit.

#4407 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Anyone else throwing support tickets out for the low/slightly muffled sound output? It’s not a deal-breaker, but I have to say that I have other, older pins that sound better. Volume at 20-22. Or is this just the way it is?

Mine is this way also. Don't know how to make a support ticket. Anyone have a link? Didn't see it in the FAQ.

#4465 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The upgrade kit will include a hardware (playfield) component as well as the software.
Given the anticipated demand for the upgrade package and likely margins for it I’m sure CGC (or PPS - not sure how it will be distributed) will see that any CCr owner will have an opportunity to get one in a reasonable time frame. Both CGC and PPS have a vested interest in seeing this as widely adopted as possible as it’s the first real test for any of the pinball manufacturers on whether game play upgrades are a viable product.

Whatever it is, we are excited to get it. We are still loving the game in its current form.

#4676 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

No. You are not the moderator

If you are not an owner or have one on order, why do you feel you need to post in the owners thread? Not a moderator but we can all just ignore you.

#4722 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

my CCr recently started awarding the skill shot before plunging sometimes. sometimes it scores points, sometimes not. is there a particular switch that determines when it is awarded, or is it the lane switch when it drops, or any switch hit will do? will look into switch test tomorrow (assume there is one) but thought I'd ask here on this first.
thanks

I’m currently having this same issue

#4770 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

After a play session the other night I was cleaning the glass and smelled something that didn't smell like glass cleaner. Played fine tho but wanted to check before I played again. Looking in manual now.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is the downside of having one gigantic board under the playfield. Lose one component and you are likely f-ed.

1 month later
#5327 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Speaking as an engineer, the intermittent problems are the hardest ones to solve. If it were me, I’d be trying to get my hands on an audio board that has the problem.

I work in troubleshooting and maintenance and I agree intermittent is the hardest to solve if it doesn’t recur. My sound issue doesn’t go away. It’s on all the time.

#5330 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If they were really working on the issue then CGC would have replaced your board, and requested your sound board so they can analyze. My guess is they've done nothing or very little, which is why nobody has heard boo from them on the issue.

I’m not even sure if there is a separate sound board. I haven’t dug into it I just haven’t had time.

#5338 1 year ago

I've tried numerous times to enter a ticket. My password doesn't work. I've tried forgot my password and it never sends me an email. I try signing up with a new account and it says email already been used. So I have the sound issue everybody talks about but can't report it to CGC. I'm not dumping on the game or CGC. They are mostly bullet proof. My other remakes are error free. Actually never had a problem. MMr I had a troll screw get loose and damsel switch screw fell out and wouldn't register, just vibrated loose. Easily just put back together. CCr right now has the sound issue and intermittently it registers the skill shot before the ball gets to the lasso. The sound works but the quality is poor and I have to crank it up much higher than my other remakes to hear it.

#5353 1 year ago

JP3 jumper position. Speakers are connected through the bottom right connector.

8A907749-B5E4-44E8-A341-302C9127287E (resized).jpeg8A907749-B5E4-44E8-A341-302C9127287E (resized).jpeg

#5359 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

For those with the sound issues - try messing with the balance between the subwoofer and the cabinet speakers in the audio menu settings a bit, and then adjust the volume from there - I was able to get mine to have a decent clarity/volume mix after the adjustment. The music is a bit quieter than I’d prefer but at least the distortion and muddy sound is gone. The actual balance settings likely vary based on your environment, audio perception and personal preferences.

I’ll check these out tomorrow. Would you mind sharing your settings?

#5361 1 year ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

I've been experiencing the same thing with the skill shot. It will immediately register a skill shot award rather than registering the roulette spins. There is a sensor on the ramp below the lasso funnel that I believe locks in the skill shot roulette result. I'm not sure why it would be triggering prematurely though.

Unfortunately you have to pull 2 ramps to get to it. Not sure if it’s wired NO or NC. The premature trigger leads me to believe it’s NC and goes “open” when the ball passes by. In that scenario it would make sense if you had a cold or cracked solder joint.

#5363 1 year ago

The skillshot issue on my game is definitely related to the switch. Put it in switch test and wiggled that right lower ramp side to side and the switch was changing state like crazy. Took a pencil and just pushed the wires forward a little bit. Now I can’t get the switch to change state while wiggling the ramp. Played several test games and the anomaly has not recurred. Not sure why that helped, but it did.

Checked sound adjustments and it appears that you only have volume and sub to tweeter fade. I gave it a little less bass but the volume is still much lower than MMr, AFMr. If I put all 3 on 8, I can barely hear CCr. I understand that these have different hardware. What do other owners have their volume set to? To make it sound like MMr, AFMr volume level I need to be on 21. Is this just the way it is? Or is this a problem?

#5374 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

And heck, since it works for all the other switch errors... why not try reseating the J6 connector? Ha. Couldn’t hurt.

I have reseat the J6 connector and inspected the pins. Everything looks normal. It would be nice to get a new main control board and swap it out to try and Easter egg my way out of this.

1 week later
#5477 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Lyman and Josh code is going to be $40 with all proceeds going to Lyman’s wife. This is going to be refreshing, great job CGC!!!!

My guess for the upgrade kit will prob be about $400. Could be up to $1K though.

#5511 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Earlier comments indicate that the audio issue may be an intermittent issue with a chip. If so, it doesn’t seem like a systemic issue since everyone would have the same problem. Last I heard is that it’s still being worked by engineering. However in my discussions with multiple distributors it doesn’t appear this is a wide spread problem (nor apparently is the leg issue) though that doesn’t diminish the problems for those that have them.
We haven’t heard much lately on more on new instances leg issues and that tracks with what I was told a month of so back (that there were relatively few incidents reported to CGC). At that time CGC was still pursuing the problem with their supplier. I hope that part of the delay for LEs is to take time to inspect/verify legs (given they are powder coated). I can’t imagine they are just going to assume all is fine.

Ryan from CGC called me directly and explained to me that the audio issue is a non-issue. He stated that after complaints that MBr was too loud that CGC intentionally lowered the output so that volume 21 on CCr is the same as AFMr at 8. Ryan said that my ticket is closed. I said ok but would really like to play someone else’s game so I don’t feel like I’m crazy. Because I feel crazy.

#5523 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is that reasonable to you? Can you still increase volume so it’s not distorted at higher levels?
I don’t care about the relative volume levels as long as sound quality isn’t impaired.

It is set to the same loudness as my other games even though the number is different. It just doesn’t go any louder. You can crank the other games if you want. CCr doesn’t. This weekend I’m going to measure it using an app I found to measure decibels. I will post the numbers once I have them. I would love to meet someone nearby who has the same game and claims it’s no different than the other remakes. If it’s a problem I want to fix it. If it’s not then I’m good. It does not detract from the enjoyment of the game currently. But would like to have the ability to go louder if I want.

#5537 1 year ago

I don’t know if fidelity is the correct word. In audio, "fidelity" denotes how accurately a copy reproduces its source. The audio sounds clean up to about 21. This volume is close in sound level to my other remakes at 8. Based on my calibrated ears. I keep my games at 8 so 21 is sufficient. If I want to make the game louder, I cannot. 21 is the loudest it gets without the sound quality becoming distorted. Even distorted, it doesn’t get much louder. If I want to turn up my other remakes to say 9, 10, 11 whatever it gets much louder. No distortion. CCr can’t keep up. I haven’t backed up any of my claims by actually measuring it. I plan on doing that this weekend if I have time. Ryan says this is normal. Everyone’s game is the same. Others have said 8 on CCr is the same as 8 on the other remakes. 8 on my CCr can’t be heard over the coil noises coming from the game. I found an app that measures noise level. It’s probably not super accurate, but I should be able to get a good apples to apples comparison.

#5538 1 year ago

Someone who lives near Groton, CT have a CCr I can come over and play to see if there is a difference?

#5583 1 year ago

To be clear about the audio. I normally keep my games at 8 or 9. 21 on CCr sounds the same to me as 8 or 9 on my other 2 remakes. I just can’t go much higher, and when I do the sound quality degrades. If I put the other remakes at 12 it drowns out CCr. So there isn’t much volume control beyond that. I will get some db numbers this weekend. That way it’s not just up to my ears to judge. One other user on here has said 8 on CCr is the same as 8 on his other remakes. Ryan from CGC has said to me that they redid the audio for CCr and what I have is normal.

#5609 1 year ago

Attempted to compare the audio on the games using an app. Averages 83 to 87 on all the games regardless on volumes 8 and above for AFMr and MMr. CCr set at 8 is about 70. I don’t trust the app. Not at all accurate. MMr at 21 reads the same as it does at 8. But that is loud AF. CCr at 18 to 21 are around 83 to 87. I need something more accurate for this to work. My ears still tell me 8 on MMr is 221 on CCr. Also tough to measure as just flipper and pop bumper noises push it to 85 ish.

1 week later
#5742 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If they are made in the same manner as the originals (likely), nothing is “broken” and the hat could be attached back to the rod with superglue (there should be an indentation where the rod attaches)

How is the hat affixed? Friction fit or some kind of glue? I would probably use JB weld instead of superglue on the steel shaft.

1 month later
#6687 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Soooooooo, how about the Cactus Canyon game we're supposed to be chatting about? How's everyone liking their SEs? What's everyones number 1 idea/wish for the extended code when it's released? Personally, id love to see a female bart character introduced since there is already one on the backglass. Let's move along people.

We love ours and play it all the time. It’s my wife’s favorite game. It gets played more than MMr and AFMr. I can’t wait for the new code. To answer the question. Nobody knows when the new code is coming out. Even if you had an exact date, there is no guarantee that it would actually be released by then. I check this thread periodically hoping for an update on that but usually find people bickering about delivery dates and other stuff and then dip out. This thread must set the record for the number of people in it that don’t actually own it.

#6705 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Love the idea of reverse gold mine (cart spilling?) and having to hit targets to collect nuggets and refill it. Maybe a timed mode?

Like this idea a lot. Would like to see more modes that integrate the other characters that appear on the playfield or back glass. A timed beer mug mode kind of like the TZ green target.

#6762 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It must be on the board because I do not see one on the coil. I’ll PM you with my info.

Probably doesn’t need a diode

#6873 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

Mine registered intermittently and I went in from the bottom and slightly adjusted the leaf switch, pushing the two pieces a little closer together. If it isn't registering in the switch test, then you need to get advice from someone who actually knows things lol

Mine was out of adjustment out of the box as well. It got worse over time but not before my wife got almost 300 beer mug hits. It finally stuck shut before I pulled it tweaked it to get it work correctly. That record will never be broken. If I reset to defaults my wife would be upset about it. So it stays. Lol

3 weeks later
#7969 1 year ago

The only actual issue I’ve had was a switch out of adjustment. The skillshot switch which I was able to fix myself. It would score the skillshot on plunge or sometimes even before. The switch on the lower plastic ramp where the ball drops was the culprit. The sound seems under powered to me but have been told that’s the way it’s designed. Maybe an issue with an LE specific part? My game plays fine and I was able to complete everything.

1 week later
#8205 1 year ago

This thread has gotten real negative. Is this an owners thread or a complain about not being an owner yet thread? I typically look for gameplay, scoring, troubleshooting, common problems, mods, etc. Here it’s just CGC lack of communication and lack of delivering LE’s. I’ve had my game for quite awhile now. We have been playing the crap out of it. There are SE’s all over the place. Why can’t the constant vitriol be in a separate thread where you just complain about CGC? Then you can all marinate in your own hatred. Let the CCr owners thread be for people who own the game. And @jfh, I wouldn’t respond to these people anymore. I had a problem and Ryan just called me out of the blue to discuss it with me. They seem committed to making great quality games. I’m sure they want to sell these games as it’s their business. I have 3 remakes and they are the best built, most trouble free games I’ve ever owned. I’m sorry that you guys haven’t gotten your games yet. But come on, enough is enough.

#8213 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Positive or negative ... it's a forum ..
Everyone looking for information.
Glad you got your game but lots still waiting and customers outside of the US are still waiting for approval to ship outside of US...
This has been badly handled .
They make a great product but just can't get a handle on producing them or updating distros on delays .

It’s just unfortunate that that an owners thread is diluted with this crap. You are right, it’s a forum. But there is a reason there are different threads instead of one big one. I open Pinside and think oh look 100 unread posts. Maybe some cool stuff. Nope. I just don’t feel like this is the thread for I’m angry about not getting my game yet. I would start the “I want my game and I want it now” thread but I don’t want to listen to it anymore. I wish you had your game but I can’t control it if Canada has some special import rules. So I guess I will avoid this thread and wait to hear info pertinent to the actual game from another source so you guys can beat on jfh. jfh there is an ignore button for the people that are hanging on your every post and picking it apart.

3 weeks later
#8896 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Has anyone ever lost their key to the coin door? I thought I had lost the keys to my CC this week, but ended up finding them. It got me thinking, what happens if they are lost. Can CGC send replacements or do you just have to get a new lock?

Should be a CH751 which is ultra common. It opens my other games. It opens my shed. It opens cabinets at work.

#9073 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It's has the medieval madness kind rules. Hit a shot 4 times to start a mode on that shot. Those modes proceed as follows.
The left orbit mode is ~30 seconds of pop giving you bonus.
The left ramp mode is completed by shooting the left ramp once.
The train mode is completed by shooting the two side ramps than center ramp.
The right orbit shot has a moving shot. If you hit the right shot, it's also done in one shot.
The right ramp mode I believe is a single shot randomly selected to complete.
On top of that, you're working through the Bart's. The new Bionic Bart mode is great.
As well as completing the all the bad guy drops for a mode and completing combos.
I think the main thing that puts CC code on a lower level than the other games CGC has done, is that the modes don't really stack. Once you start one, most things are essentially backgrounded until it's completed. Even things like Combos appear to be backgrounded.
It also doesn't really present the player with many risk/reward options that a lot of the better games of that era had. Such as in MB or Medieval where you try to build up a really big mode with a multiball.
Realistically, the game probably does have an equivalent amount of code as other WMS games of the era. It's just not orchestrated as well as a Lyman game. It's really missing his choreography. He had a way of making things easy to comprehend for the beginner players while adding a layer of complexity for the better players.
I still believe the Lyman expansion will transform this game from being good to great. There aren't many people that understand game rules more than Josh Sharpe. I'm sure he'll be able to finish what him and Lyman started.

Lyman coded AFM. Lyman coded MM. “The Lord of Software”. The fact that the CC code is similar in architecture to those games. I know everyone sweats Lyman. And he is great. But simplicity of these games was created by Lyman.

#9250 1 year ago

Are the stock flipper rubbers silicone? They look like they are just making sure. Is this the correct forum for this type of question?

#9252 1 year ago

I assume the “PL” on the rubber is pinball life? I’m upgrading to precision flippers and just reused what I had because they look and feel like silicone. I was about to use natural rubber as that’s all I had on hand. I just flipped them over to use the unused side until I can get an order in for some blue ones.

#9254 1 year ago

I suppose it’s also possible I swapped them out and forgot doing it. The other runners appear natural.

7DC35F1B-97A2-4788-8A69-F0D3344666AD (resized).jpeg7DC35F1B-97A2-4788-8A69-F0D3344666AD (resized).jpeg
#9329 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

I guess I’m mildly disappointed because I have to set it 2/3 of the way to max to have it at a volume level that I like. Sometimes, I really like to crank my machines louder…and this one doesn’t really have much further to go.
For what it’s worth…it’s probably not a game I’d ‘crank’ anyway. Still, it’s like buying a new corvette and finding out that the one I got tops out at 125mph. Will I really miss not going 175? No…but I’d be disappointed that it couldn’t perform to expectations. (Sorry…cargument).
The quality at 21 is fine.
This isn’t a major gripe. Mildly off putting. That’s all. Otherwise, I haven’t noticed a thing wrong with mine. Fun game. Got a 185M and High Noon in 2nd game ever played and thought it would be too easy…but then haven’t been able to break about 120M since.

This precisely describes my exact experience. 21 is about where 8 is on my other remakes. Above 21 it starts to get distorted sounding. Ryan says this is normal but some people are saying they are leaving their games at 8. I feel like there is very little volume control. Silent to adequate. But you are right, you can’t crank it if you wanted to. I would probably rarely want to go above this it just sucks that normal sound level is almost at max volume.

1 month later
#10962 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:Prepare to be surprised. Project hasn't been cancelled.
LTG : )

JIMP

2 weeks later
#11454 1 year ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Lowly SE owner checking in!
Just picked up today secondary from a great forum member! Even had it already modded for me! Haven't gotten much time on it because my kids took it over as soon as I set it up in home. Definitely loved the games I played.[quoted image]

We have been playing our SE for quite awhile now. We love it. Looking forward to the future upgrade kit. Can’t wait to see/install it.

1 month later
#12631 10 months ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Wasn’t trying to start bashing automated, just was mentioning he had extra cactus canyons in stock. To be honest Mike did hook me up when I purchase my Foo Fighters premium and he was a really good guy. As far as price gouging I can’t speak on that but I assume he prices his machines with wiggle room to negotiate.

I've had nothing but good experiences with Mike/Automated. I have a good pinball buddy who would tell you the same thing. I've always gotten the games for MSRP from him. If you pay cash (bank check), instead of credit card. He passes the savings of the CC fees on to you. Ignore the prices on the website and just call. They are a family run business. Nice guy to deal with. Drove down and bought my MMr, and CCr from him. Two different times, and separated by a couple years. Same price as everybody else. Even after they were done making MMr, before Royal. The guys load it right into the truck for you. Pretty cool show room. They will turn on all the games for you and let you play whatever you want. Gave me some Stern merch just for being a customer. Not to mention he supports the shows and brings tons of games.

1 week later
#12763 10 months ago
Quoted from dawasa:

Anyone else experiencing the problem of Flippers loosing power and sound cuts out (CR10 lights up in back box)?? Happens about every 10 seconds.
CGC sent me a replacement board that did Not fix the problem. It took over 10 day for them to send me that board. I am waiting to hear from them. My game has sat for over 20 days unplayable out of the box.

Have not heard of this issue. Do you have a video?

4 weeks later
#13161 9 months ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

I was told by one guy that it's their kid's future college fund. That's just stupid.

Unless he meant “I blew my kids future college fund on pinball machines”. Then it’s genius. College is a waste of money.

3 weeks later
#13429 8 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Exactly my point , I can buy a thousand things that will explode and kill me from Amazon but none are approved and nobody is stopping them.

I would think if it’s approved in the U.S. it should be a check in the box anywhere else. If the government is going to bang you so hard on taxes, one would think you should at least get something for your money.

7 months later
#15294 25 days ago

The topper is $1250. How can anyone think a 2.0 upgrade is going to be $250? I’ll spend the $1250 I didn’t pay for a topper on this upgrade. Maybe more.

1 week later
#15377 13 days ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I am again having the same issue that popped up a few months after my LE was delivered. Any ideas? Here is my ticket that I just submitted...
The only ticket I have submitted is happening again. When you shoot the ball the options show on the screen and as ball trips the switch award choices change a few times or none at all as soon as the ball is launched the reward is selected and displayed on the screen. Sometimes when the ball is loaded prior to launch the reward is displayed and disables the switch. I have run the switch test and manually launching the ball and it closes and opens as designed and appears to work 100% showing open and closed each time it goes around when in switch test. This happens 90% of the time. Rarely will the awards scroll the same number of revolutions prior to giving award. I replaced the harness once which was a pain.
The switch test passes 100%. What else can it be. When I replaced the harness it worked perfectly for a long time then blammo back to not working correctly 95% of the time. It sucks having this issue again.

I have this same issue. The first time I resoldered the wires at the switch and the problem was gone for awhile. The switch on the lower right ramp that selects the award. I haven’t taken the time to investigate yet. Recently it started up again. It collects the award without scrolling the awards to the right. For me it’s intermittent but happens more often then not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,500 (OBO)
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenmachine19.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=greenmachine19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.