(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm7777.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#264 2 years ago

I'll be setting mine up more on the difficult side when it shows up, but I have no doubt this game is going to be pure 90s magic.
I've only played it at expo, but even there I knew it was a great shooter and just fun - and the more I play over time, the more I appreciate fun vs deep code anyways.
Speaking of code, it's great that this will have 3 versions to choose from once Lyman/Sharpe code debuts, that makes it unique on it's own and bittersweet/special for being the last game Lyman worked on.

Very excited to bring this one home.

#315 2 years ago

I’m guessing that the 500 SEs haven’t all gone out yet, and the first batch was extremely limited.
Is it possible more will be going out before April?

#359 2 years ago

I would love it if the tributes made it in.
Here’s to hoping!

2 weeks later
#775 2 years ago

Awesome details so far, hopefully someone will upload the seminar to youtube.

#856 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Ok. I see it mentioned, but what is this "upgrade kit"?
I didn't want to plunk down the extra for the SE+ and went with the SE (with upgraded CGC BG and shaker)... The topper sure as heck looks cool.
I think I'm going to kick myself for not opting for the SE+.

I did the exact same thing.
I guess I'm crazy for not caring about the topper or taking into account future resale before purchase of my SE. When I purchase a game it's because of the game's merits and the fact I just want to play the game. You're not going to kick yourself if you just want a great game with the option of new code down the line.
That seminar with Butch was excellent and CGC obviously made a great hire there.

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Another CCr SE has arrived by stagecoach at my house (just kidding about the stagecoach part). Got it all setup only to have a short-deadline work deliverable... oh well. I will echo others in saying that the overall fit and finish really seems top tier. Glad to be in club and here's to hoping others receive they SEs promptly (I know you lucky LE folks have a bit of a longer wait).
Quick question though, there appears to be a bit of excess wax on the playfield in a few areas (I assume left over from factory buff). I was just going to use a microfiber to get that off and maybe a quick coat of Novus 1 on the playfield. Anyone else have thoughts on initial wipe-down process (maybe I'm being a bit anal...)

You shouldn't require anything that's even the slightest bit abrasive. Use good wax every 500 plays or so, check and replace with quality non-pitted balls, and that is all you'll ever need.

#978 2 years ago

You have to go into the cgc menu , not the regular wms code menu.
You get in there by holding down the test button for a few seconds, and you will see all the specific cgc options.

#982 2 years ago

Oh wow, I’m surprised they moved to one menu. Sorry about that!

#1132 2 years ago

I'm wondering if CGC is supplying to distros that didn't get their first wave at this time, or has it been confirmed that even distros that did get the first wave also are getting more?

4 weeks later
#1916 1 year ago

In the club finally, hope you all get yours soon.
#1586 with a build date of 4/27/22

#1922 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

I've owned CCr SE a few weeks now, and it recently started intermittently buzzing while not being played. Every 2 minutes or so, the cabinet emits a loud buzz that lasts 4 - 5 seconds. This is my first pin, and up until a few days ago, it never buzzed while in standby mode. Any suggestions on what this could be?

Is it on a specific screen/animation when it happens?
Have you checked the backbox for any cables that might have shifted over speaker wires?

#1924 1 year ago

I should also mention the packaging was top notch, they even show the pin/cabinet orientation on the outside of the box so you know where to use your dolly. Thanks to this I was able to get the game in the house while boxed easily and with minimum movement unprotected. The whole game was strapped down well and with high quality foam and cardboard protection. Maybe they finally got all their packing supplies to help get more machines out.

897BC1BB-BB14-4FE3-9BF4-37579F38EBE4 (resized).jpeg897BC1BB-BB14-4FE3-9BF4-37579F38EBE4 (resized).jpeg
#1998 1 year ago

Just a few random bits of feedback so far after getting some plays on this game.

#Build quality
Like all CGC games this thing is beautiful and built like a tank, every place I thought might need a protector such as the ends of the ramps, entrance to the ramps, mine hole, outhole etc have already been protected. The playfield looks absolutely gorgeous in terms of the clear, especially after a wax. All of the components in the backbox and under the playfield, especially wiring were all run very neat and uniform.

#Gameplay
My game shipped with the outlanes fully open and I'm finding the game plenty challenging for the most part with the exception of a few games where everything clicks - I prefer games harder this way for longevity sakes.
What I really like about this game is the sense of urgency and the way they are tied to different and sometimes random shots, it's really well done and makes you want to shoot for these objectives vs games where you just tend to go up the middle.

The shaker motor is a must, it's integrated so well on this title

The gun fight LEDs are pretty disorienting, I still leave them on for now as they add an extra challenge, but I may end up turning them off completely

#Issues
I did have the issue where one of my bad guy drop targets would drop back down right as quick draw would start up. I attempted to loosen the tension on the spring and ended up making it way too loose. Luckily I had some extra flipper kit springs and they worked perfectly - a 2 minute fix.

The ball eject solenoid power had to be dropped down in the diag menu as it was causing the ball to ricochet off the shooter lane rail, right back into the trough.

I still have yet to try the older code, but I can say that I'm really excited for the release of the new code - there are so many ways they can make this even more fun and the game is going to end up in the top tier no doubt.

CGC knocked yet another one out of the park on this, Well done Team!

1 month later
#2986 1 year ago

Would it just make sense to proactively trace just behind the legs with an x-acto knife?

#3229 1 year ago

Someone was over playing the game and they said this piece fell off from up top somewhere and ended up down at the flippers. Any idea what this might be?

DC5675A7-ED99-4B09-A413-B6F5173A2428 (resized).jpegDC5675A7-ED99-4B09-A413-B6F5173A2428 (resized).jpeg
#3233 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Not sure what that is, or where it came from. But it certainly looks like it's taken some serious abuse. Does everything on your game still function normally?

I haven't played more since it came off, will need to take time to go through everything and check the bottom of the cabinet for anything loose.
If I had to guess its part of the Bart mech.

#3249 1 year ago

Update on the mystery piece, it was indeed off the back of the Bart mech and only held in by one screw (no nut)
I was able to re-attach but needed a right angle bit as it's too tight to get a screwdriver back there.

GCG Ticket was handled super fast on this one, great support.

1 week later
#3622 1 year ago

People like that in my experience tend to not be truly into pinball, usually they are speculators who wipe their possessions with diapers and simply exist to drive up the costs in a hobby, all so they can make a few bucks.

It's subjective, but if I want a game I'm willing to overlook cosmetic issues for the most part because I want to play it.
Anyways, it does suck for those that are having it happen, obviously no one wants this to be happening, but CGC should be given the benefit of the doubt for now that a resolution will be reached.

Worse case as already mentioned the decals can be cut to prevent further spread and protectors placed over that, anyone putting up a stink during a potential negotiation over this is probably not even worth dealing with.

Hope those affected can still enjoy their games, life is too short.

1 week later
#3892 1 year ago

Can we all just agree that toppers are ruining the hobby?
I get people like to mod up their machines, and I even get that some toppers actually interact with the game in a small way - but when toppers start to dictate models, or impact when models ship - what good are they?

I think CGC makes the best toppers period, but there is no way I'd hold off on getting a game based on a topper and I'm glad they still offer a regular ol' pinball machine option...

#3894 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

The Black Knight topper disagrees[quoted image]

Yeah that thing is pretty bad ass.

#3913 1 year ago

Curious if you have better longevity if you lower the flipper power?
I do this on all CGC games anyways as they feel more like OG BW, usually -4 - and I've never ran into fade, even with a recent 10 hour play day at my house last week.

#3915 1 year ago

Never has been a problem for me hitting any shots, I keep my pitch at 6.5.
You may also want to check your switch gapping fully extended, and bushing gap to ensure they aren't part of the problem.

#3982 1 year ago

With respect to the game getting old - any game is going to get old if you beat it quickly in the home environment.
I'm starting to wonder how many people actually have their game set up difficult

6.5 and up pitch
Outlanes Open as possible
3 balls only
No extra ball awards for everything
No adjustments to increase ball save timer, or after first ball etc

I think a lot of people do all this and then say the game is too easy etc, especially with 90s B/W games. My game plays lively as hell, especially with the slings and the left outlane is brutal lol. Meanwhile I'm doing better on harder games like Jurassic Park than CCr.....

1 week later
#4366 1 year ago

You should be able to loosen/adjust them to get where you need alignment to be.
Also what pitch/level is your game set at? Try it around 6.5-7 if it isn't already.

#4368 1 year ago

Sorry, yep I meant you can adjust the flippers to get the correct angle.

2 months later
#5934 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve hit the part of the curve where the newness has worn off, and I can have an objective opinion of this game. It has more depth than about half the games I own, and I’m really starting to enjoy a casual game once or twice a day, even though I’ve pretty much seen everything. I’m starting to get an appreciation for how much value there is here. The mechs and sculpts are well into Stern Premium territory, but the game is $1700 less and the quality is better. It’s just a beautiful game that makes me happy every time I walk up to it. The speaker lights, the audio, everything is just top notch.

Some days I just go for combos, the game is set up for some amazing combos and it rewards you for them, that alone keeps me coming back every time. For me personally , I approach every game with trying to find the best flows and combos and this game feels fantastic with plenty to hit. Somehow I pulled a double orbit shot into two successive left and center ramps and it was like …. Damn that just happened?!?

#6073 1 year ago

Why does it have to be an LE? You can get an SE right now.
I can assure you the SE plays great, and there is no way I'd miss out over some cosmetics and a topper.

1 week later
#6405 1 year ago
cc_data (resized).jpgcc_data (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6900 1 year ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

Played this game several times very long ball times..

I have my lanes wide open, 7 deg level, dialed back ball save settings, and I can assure you the ball times are not long at all.

3 weeks later
#7666 1 year ago

Where the hell is Richard's game! I wanna speak to the manager NOW!

richard.jpgrichard.jpg

Ever notice most women who like to start shit are built like this?

#7668 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

Are there any downsides to turning up the flipper strength?

More chance of airballs, dimples, broken plastics - just ensure the game plays smooth, if not then dial it back down.

1 month later
#9613 1 year ago

Having a spinner in front of Bart doesn't really add much in my opinion, you're going to shoot for him anyways.
Now, if it was something that took a few hits before opening the path to Bart..

talking.giftalking.gif
1 month later
#10768 1 year ago
Quoted from PinManV:

So guys that have had theirs for awhile... does it need a Cliffy at the mine?

It already comes with one from the factory. Doesn’t seem to be hurting gameplay in mine whatsoever.

1 month later
#11716 1 year ago

Anyone else turn off the interactive RGB for the GI and do custom? I did this last night to try and create an even more warm GI look than the default presets (basically heavier on the Red and very little Green/Blue until you get where you like it)
I actually like this but the only downer is the bad guy targets lose their illumination - not a big deal though as it really brings out a lot of the red in the playfield.

1 week later
#11940 11 months ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Is it me or is CC an easy shooter? I have a TMNT and it’s really hard and I’m not getting rid of it because I’m motivated to get the hang of the shots. On my CC I have a ton of fun, I get about 2 extra balls per game and I shoot out frequently. I’m not saying it’s a bad game because it’s easy. In fact it’s incredibly fun. I just don’t know if I click with this title or if everyone is having an easy time too.

Are your outlanes wide open? Change the ball saves, timers, and extra ball rewards.
And I'm not saying you're doing this, but I've literally seen people say this on many games only to find out they set theirs up with 5 balls per game.....

2 weeks later
#12293 11 months ago

I keep seeing people saying this game is easy and almost every time it's because all of the settings are toggled beyond easy, outlanes as closed as possible, with 5+ balls.

GCG really needs to change how these things are shipping out from factory.

#12332 11 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

My outlane posts shipped wide open. Are others not? Are some games delivered with them closed up?

It looks like there is no set position based on different responses I guess. Better to be wide open than too closed imo.

#12333 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Mine are in the middle.
It seems ok there.
I lowered my playfield insert brightness to -2.
Multi-ball effects were too blinding at -1
It seems a bit better.

Try turning off the LED flashers completely, and I highly recommend turning off Interactive GI in favor of doing warm/custom RGB - The game looks really nice this way , warm based on the reds in the playfield at the costs of losing illuminated bad guy targets (worth it imo)

1 month later
#13144 9 months ago

Regrettably I'll need to leave the club for now, really bummed because I love the game and was really looking forward to the upcoming code.
I'll probably be putting up an ad for the SE early next week, but I hope to be back one day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gjm7777.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=gjm7777 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.