(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,404 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by great-hosts
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edub919.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#338 2 years ago

I think CGC makes all their own playfields and cabinets in house. Dust would be normal and wouldn’t take more than a day to accumulate noticeably in that environment.

4 months later
#4033 1 year ago

Businesses have been using the pandemic excuse for lackluster service for way too long.

Even if there wasn’t a supply chain shortage it would be smart for CGC to build a surplus of SE’s. That way distributors could actually have some inventory during the LE and SE+ production phases.

Sure use parts shortage as an excuse but do what’s best for you CGC..it’s your business after all, we are just the consumers.

#4055 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

They have been and dealers have loads in stock for immediate delivery.

Perfect..if I was a distributor I would want to have plenty of product to sell when the LE’s hit the line. Whatever number of SE’s CGC initially quoted they were going to produce goes out the window when the true demand is realized. Fill all the initial SE orders then move to the next phase. I don’t see why they would do it any other way. (Other than to make a few people “happy”, which is unlikely to happen regardless).

2 weeks later
#4536 1 year ago

Don’t forget about the Medieval Madness run they are supposedly doing in 2023 as well. How snugly will that fit into the aforementioned LE/SE+ timeline? Might have to settle for a Chinese knockoff at some point.

#4560 1 year ago

That’s it…I’m ordering an LE from Chigaco Gaming in China. The only difference is a bamboo playfield, doesn’t dimple but splinters badly. Bart topper has samurai swords instead of pistols but nobody will notice.

#4648 1 year ago

For those who were looking to “number swap” their LE badges…on both my current CGC LE’s the serial numbers on the cabinet and inside of coin door are matched to the badge on the apron. So it will probably not be as simple as just “trading” badges with someone else. Unless having mismatched numbers on your machine doesn’t matter to you.

#4649 1 year ago

Wish I had that much spare time to make one of a kind mods at home. Most of them you would literally have to point out to anyone else and explain how/why they even got there. If I went to buy a machine from someone and it had an abundance of goofy mods things might get awkward LOL.

2 weeks later
#5142 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

This games default settings are all set to easy or extra easy. I changed mine after I got to high noon on default, it gives you 4 extra balls on this setting. Took it down to 1 extra ball, increased to medium on quick draw targets and reduced time on the gunfight so you only get 1 shot. I haven’t gotten to high noon since and it’s a challenge to get there. First thing I would do with this game is go thru the settings because yes, you are correct, default is entirely too easy.

I will definitely let the wife get more than a few games on it before changing the settings..gotta give her a chance to get on the scoreboard.

2 weeks later
#5339 1 year ago

I think the sound board in this thread needs a ticket opened on it…all I hear is a high pitched whining!!!

#5429 1 year ago

A friend was over the other night playing pinball with me in the garage. His parents are doing a game room in their new house. He asked me what machine I would recommend they put in it for novice players and they don’t want to have to work on or tinker with it much. CCr all day…Best $8k you can spend in todays market. Change my mind.

#5432 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

I sold my GZ Premium and picked up a CCR for my office while I am waiting on my +with the topper. I would say for fun of play and just casual playing this is by far a better game. Simple to follow, good callouts, just a fun casual game that everyone can enjoy.

Even more importantly is you can buy a CC SE today brand new and not get raked over the coals. That speaks volumes for me personally.

1 week later
#5665 1 year ago

I think a person will get tired of any machine over the course of time. Explains why everyone is constantly buying/selling/trading them…myself included

#5667 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

cool! you wanna drive up here and buy my CCR SE?

If my LE never shows up then I might. Hang onto it for me!!!

#5668 1 year ago

Oh wait..I’m going to require the one with a topper though. Never mind.

1 month later
#7259 1 year ago

$12,500 seems like a pretty good deal for a scalped LE compared to TS4 LE. For those that missed out. I would never sell my CCrLE for $12,500 based on what I’m seeing in the pics.

#7282 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

how could you say you'd never sell it' if you haven't even touched it yet..keep the reality in check..I get what you say, but don't let the internet talk, walk.

Because I know what my wife and I enjoy in a machine. Thanks for your concern though boss. You’ll be the one paying $15k for a used one in a few years but it won’t be mine I guarantee that much.

#7336 1 year ago

Pinball life sells invisiglass now for a reasonable price. Just slapped a sheet on my Cirqus Voltaire. Makes a huge difference, especially on CV where the DMD is under the glass.

https://www.pinballlife.com/invisiglass-non-glare-playfield-glass-standard.html

#7457 1 year ago

I’m trying to wrap my head around why anyone would rely upon hearsay to make an uneducated guess as to when their machine is going to arrive. Order yourself a Big Lebowski with a side of Vaseline just to make things seem a little less painful with this title.

3 weeks later
#8285 1 year ago

My invoice from PPS clearly states $9,249.99 +shipping…not sure where the confusion on price is coming from. Could they even legally change the price at this point? There has to be at least one lawyer in here.

#8298 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don’t worry about it. Your contract is with PPS, not CGC.
pch3727 is spot on. CGC has not increased prices on previous games mid-run before and there has been no announcement of any change for CCr.
If MSRP changes it will be reflected on the CGC website and in the first section of the FAQ here.

I’m not worried about anything. If MSRP changes it won’t be on the LE’s that are already sold. Yes purchase contracts are between PPS and the end consumers but I would venture to guess there is an even bigger, much more legally binding contract between PPS and CGC. If I’m not mistaken PPS owns the licensing rights for all Bally/Williams titles. CGC has just been hired to do the dirty work.

3 weeks later
#9015 1 year ago

Gambling is not allowed in this thread…please refer to the FAQ’s!!!

#9186 1 year ago

$9250 is still a good deal for the SE+ compared to a Stern Premium. You won’t be able to flip it for a huge profit like an LE but if gaming pleasure is truly what you seek then I’m sure it will deliver. What’s the big hurry? If you’ve got $9k burning a hole in your pocket to spend on a toy consider yourself lucky.

Take a trip to L.A. and drive around downtown…there are small tent cities worth of people way more screwed over than any of us. It’s all about perspective.

1 month later
#10968 1 year ago

Does anyone else’s dog try to turn their pinball machine legs into a fire hydrant??? I didn’t find a fix for this in the FAQs.

#10971 1 year ago

I think I’ll just run the 48V flipper coil voltage through the legs and see if he learns that way.

#10979 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Send him to thread ops house!

Just joking around!! Put my deposit down 11/9/21 on an LE and still no action.

#10982 1 year ago

Yeah I ordered from PPS as well. They seem a lot more respectable than some distributors and will hopefully fill orders chronologically in which they were received/paid.

1 month later
#12121 11 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Any more LE’s heading out? Seems like they got stuck in the low 600 somethings. Would love to see CGC turn the corner with 650+

I got my final invoice from Planetary Friday 5/5..supposedly it will be shipping directly from CGC on Tuesday. Shipping was $595 all the way out to Oregon. I didn’t ask what LE number I was given.

#12207 11 months ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Yep measuring off the glass LOL. re-calculating... Thanks

The easiest way I’ve found to pitch and level a machine. Get a 9 inch plastic bubble level and a digital inclinometer off Amazon. Preferably the rectangular style inclinometer for about $30. Take the plastic bubble level and rest it in between the slings, making sure it’s perpendicular to the pitch (front to back) axis. Gently place the inclinometer on top of and in the center of the level making an upside down T.

Have someone stand up top and read the pitch and level while you crawl around underneath adjusting the legs. Use your upper back to push while you turn the levelers.

Maybe there’s a better way but after you do it a few times it can be accomplished pretty quickly. Having an extra person just keeps you from crawling in and out from under the machine repeatedly.

#12216 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

I second this free app named PinGuy. It has all the items required to to set pitch and yaw of your play field and you can set what angle you desire. it has voice direction telling you how far off you are from your set point so you can be under the game adjusting as it directs you. Works well after cal with bubble level.
[quoted image]

That looks pretty cool especially the voice function. The first time I tried using a phone app to set up a machine was not so pleasant. This was several years and what forced me to go old school with purpose built tools.

#12220 11 months ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Well happy Friday everyone!! I was leaving to go do some running and there was a Panama transfer truck sitting in my driveway. I didn't get a call to schedule delivery or had any idea it was coming today! Turns out they had my number wrong by one digit so couldn't get a hold of me, ha! Just got the email yesterday from Sara saying it was shipped out so I figured it'd be next week sometime! That was crazy fast shipping! Great start to the weekend!
[quoted image]

Were there any other cactus canyons in the truck? I’m hoping to get mine next week, your house would be on their way from Chicago to Oregon.

#12221 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

May I suggest you stand on top and have someone else crawl around underneath adjusting the leg levelers.
Be sure leg nuts are tight. And the nut on the leg leveler. Once you have it where you like the level and pitch, tighten the nut on the leg leveler up to the bottom of the leg.
LTG : )

Ahhhh yes!! That’s why they pay you the big bucks.

#12237 11 months ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I tried a 3/8ths and it couldn't get the nut to turn at all.

Try 11/32nds…not a standard size that comes with most socket/wrench sets.

#12256 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

On ramps, a basic strategy, properly adjusted:
From a cradled position the ball should moderately, but easily, make it up the ramp and then let gravity take over and roll back down.
Too fast, then a high speed "batted" ball will travel too fast and often fly off of a wireform or even off the ramp.
Too slow and you have an anemic game thats difficult to make the ramps, no fun at all.
If its "just right" one can make the ramps from a cradled position, even on a long game with a bit of flipper fatigue.
It takes several games to get it right.
Every game is a bit different, some faster, some slower, but you get the idea.
Air balls are a symptom of too strong of flippers.
There is a problem if balls bounce off the backboard a lot.

I set mine up the same way..turn the flipper strength way down at first then gradually increase until the ramps are easily made with a clean shot. You shouldn’t be able to bobble the ball around between the ramp posts and still make it up just from sheer force. Just my opinion anyways, much harder on your playfield, scoops, plastics, bash toys etc with the flipper power cranked way up. There’s a fine line for sure but most games I see on location have the flippers way too strong, which will exacerbate flipper fade in a long game.

1 week later
#12381 11 months ago

Just an off topic observation. People post a marketplace ad to sell ONE of their machines but always seem to slip in a couple “flex” pics of their entire lineup filled with LE’s and CE’s etc..

Anyone else see this trend??

#12411 11 months ago

A good cost efficient everyday playfield cleaner is called “210 plastic cleaner”. $14 a can and lasts a long time, spray onto an old T-shirt and cleans everything under the glass. No residue whatsoever. Waxing is a pain and doesn’t seem to do a whole lot more than what this spray does. I used to buy this stuff called Plexus but the price has gotten ridiculous. I use colored flipper bands as my dirt gauge and when they start to appear visibly dirty then just wipe everything in a few minutes.

The black “coil” dust that appears is mostly from the pivot bushings used in the flippers slings etc. They are made of very hard compressed graphite for the purpose of dry/self lubrication. Coil stops will shed down into the cabinet but looks more like glitter.

#12530 10 months ago

Anyone else have any issues with the leg bolts being too small on their LE? 2/4 bolt heads seemed slightly smaller than 5/8”, causing them to round off in the same socket I’ve used for every other leg bolt for years.

#12533 10 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Mine were fine.
I used a plastic lined 5/8" socket for finshed bolts and they fit snug.

Wish I would have had one of those plastic lined sockets. Removed/installed many leg bolts but never had an issue performing such a simple task before. Thankfully I won’t be needing to remove the legs again for a very long time. Based on my wife’s enjoyment of its gameplay, not going anywhere.

#12593 10 months ago

There are lots of “distributors” out there with LE’s available. I don’t see too many for $9,250 plus shipping though. You can even get a Medieval Madness Royal Edition to go along side it from this one distributor here on pinside marketplace for a measly $23,500.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edub919.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=edub919 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.