(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duderegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have moved the FAQ section to the bottom of the opening post. Please PM me if there are other questions you would like to see included.

Nice job putting all the info together!

1 week later
#215 2 years ago

I have one coming via Hemispheres. Sent in balance today so hoping to see a shipping notification soon! I opted to go pick it up at a place not too far from me vs shipping to my house.

#342 2 years ago

I have an SE coming that should be shipping Monday. There was a problem with the shipping last week so it is now coming Fedex.

#382 2 years ago

I should be able to pick it up tonight unless something comes up.

oooh (resized).pngoooh (resized).png
#389 2 years ago

It is a very good looking machine. Only played one game so far, so not really dialed in at all yet. Going to put a bit more pitch on it.

The playfield when in the raised position rests with the guns against the back box. I will probably put some rubber or foam pad there.

If there is anything you all want to see, let me know.

20220309_212814.jpg20220309_212814.jpg20220309_212854.jpg20220309_212854.jpg20220309_212933.jpg20220309_212933.jpg20220309_213024.jpg20220309_213024.jpg20220309_213552.jpg20220309_213552.jpg
#414 2 years ago

I beat High Noon tonight. Score was 198 million. I thought I turned the topper/video mode on, but I haven't seen that yet. I need to recheck my settings.

My flippers are matching when in the rest position, but when raised one is higher than the other. I am thinking the bracket might need a slight bend to make them match. The right side that doesn't go as high is harder to trap up with too.

The overall light show is really nice. The color changing GI is used sparingly and to good effect.

The flashers under the guns and the circle inserts for the shootouts near the flippers are too bright for me. My gun flashers are at the lowest -3 setting. Might be cool if with an update if they could offer a lower option.

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did that bother you in any way? Does that give credence to those that say the game is too easy?

This seems to be a common complaint. I hope we see a way to tone them down.

I personally don't want a game to be too easy. Often times for me when I beat a game, I tend to move it along shortly after. There are a few exceptions, Deadpool being the primary. I have beat it a few times and still come back to it. I think it was game 6 or 7 for me that I beat High Noon. I am an ok pinball player skill-wise.

CCr game doesn't feel shallow, but it also doesn't feel super deep either. Its a nice mix. I would say seeing the end of the game (as it stands with the extended code), is attainable for a good portion of players.

Also Showdown Multiball is one of my favorite modes/multiballs of all time. It absolutely rocks. The bad guy drop targets all pop up. Complete the first set of drops with two balls and you get another ball. Repeat a few times and it didn't feel repetitive, just chaotic fun with nice lights, sound and callouts.

#482 2 years ago

A few more thoughts after playing a couple more games. Extra balls get handed out like candy. Settings will help here. I beat High Noon again today after not playing yesterday. It is a cool mode, but honestly it's pretty easy as is. It's 20 bad guy hits to win and you can hit jackpot shots to increase score. I am thinking more kills for sure via settings. Might be good to have another requirement in there somewhere to compete it. Even require some jackpot hits on addition to the drop target kills would be something.

Bionic Bart is really fun. It also lets you keep going against him after a drain which is cool. Good callouts with the terminator style voice and lines too.

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

yeah lots of EBs. I normally set a max of 3… but right away i was reconsidering the settings on this one.
I also am reconsidering my slope. I swt it up right at 6.5/6.4… but feels like it could be faster. But shots to the center ramp are the concern… even at 6.5 lots of half ramps were seen.

Interesting findings on the slope. I haven't measured mine yet, but am on the second line with the built in level. Center ramps have rarely rejected for me. Even slow shots seem to just make it around when I would have for sure thought it was a failed shot. I will have to put my digital level on it and see what I am at.

2 weeks later
#789 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Here's the train track mod. I was a little concerned about spending $90 but it's rather big and chunky so a decent deal. 'Sure wish I had a CCr to install it on but SE+ look like the last to be made
[quoted image]

I can keep your godzilla company if you want a CCr to play

#895 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Done with CCr after only 3 weeks huh?

I really enjoy it. I just got a bad hankering for Godzilla after playing it last week a few times. I figure CCr has to be pretty good trade bait since so few are on the streets. I also listed my LZ. Only really planning on moving one if a Godzilla pops up.

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from EmeraldWeapon:

I have been trying to spy the machine number on some of the pics that people have posted of the boxes that the game ships in. I think the highest number I saw was 1267??? If they are counting the LE's as machines 1 - 1250 maybe 17? It's been a while since someone posted a picture of the box that I could clearly read the number on. That being said this is just totally speculation and I remember hearing somewhere that the machines are not produced in a "numbered" fashion necessarily.

My SE is 1263

#1077 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

For those that have a game - how does the mine move on the playfield? The one I played recently seemed to only slightly move the wood beam to the left of the scoop - the top area of the mine didn't really move much at all - is that normal?

Moved pretty good I would say. It "blocks" the shot in the down position.

#1301 2 years ago

Two things-- can the FAQ be made a key topic so it shows at the top? Most folks don't go to the first page, but the newest page and will miss it.

Second-- Upgrade kit: Pinball show podcast mentioned they may be coming "soon" and it is a kit not just a software upgrade rom chip. There was previous speculation of saloon doors. I personally would not be doing much in the way of modding that area if they may include some sort of hardware along with the Lyman/Josh code.

#1307 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Cool. It looks like the first post has been keyed but I can’t see the list of keyed posts. Can anyone else?

I noticed the same thing. Do multiple key posts need to be made in order to have the index appear?

#1316 2 years ago

My main reason for even having one of these was when Hemispheres posted they had one available immediately. I was going to take the wait and see approach on purchasing. When I decided I wanted Godzilla, I called around and was told various different date ranges for pro and premium models. Then I found a dealer with pro in stock. Easy buy and play situation that way. I would recommend not putting all your eggs in one dealer basket these days. You just never know if they will have a ton of orders for one model or the other.

#1327 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn’t see it in the FAQ so apologies if I missed it but is anyone planning on making interactive saloon doors? Believe the little static saloon sign is all that’s available.

We don't know what the upgrade kit entails yet. Many are hopeful for some sort of playfield feature being included. Some think it will be something like you mentioned regarding a prototype component that was cut preproduction. Up in the air until an announcement or leak.

#1508 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

My Escalera was one of the best purchases I ever made. Move my games in and out of the basement by myself all the time. I have all the add-ons as well. Big wheels, big toe plate, electric forklift, pinball lift plate.

I have a used, beat looking escalera and its one of my favorite tool purchases. I can bring games in an out of the house solo easily with it.

#1531 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Moving a heavy game on a big pallet it pretty tough, unless you have a pallet-jack. And even then, going over grass would be next to impossible. Whenever I get a NIB game, I always just unbox on my driveway, or in my garage, and then move just the cabinet portion on a 2-wheel dolly, or appliance cart. As long as the grass isn't wet or muddy, then moving just the pin with a dolly pretty doable. No reason you would need to keep the game on the pallet.

I picked up my game at the terminal from fedex. The forklift operator pointed the hand truck side of the box towards my truck, cut the straps and we tipped it right in the back. Home--unload same way and unbox. Pallet doesn't do much for you once its off the delivery truck unless you forklift of pallet jack at your final location.

#1598 1 year ago

Build date

20220420_173652.jpg20220420_173652.jpg
1 week later
#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

With the interactive RGB throughout the game, I wish there could be an update that changed the color of High Noon, the sheriff badge completion identifiers, and the sheriff ranks once you have completed them each go around. Each time you can make it through, the level of difficulty automatically increases, as does the rewards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For lights/flashers that usually bother me on a pinball machine I defuse them with a LED cover that are not to sticky. They have worked great on all my machines. I have noticed the LED flashers under then, but for the most part am keeping my eyes on the center of the PF to see what is about to happen; however, they do sometimes get me.
amazon.com link »
Also, I want to thank jfh for keeping the club updated in the chat and in the FAQ. I have personally sent him a lot of game pics/vids and data just so updates went through one person.

Bumping up this one as it was a great suggestion. I put one on each of the apron under gun flashers. Major improvement in my opinion. I put on a piece of mylar to hopefully keep it attached well. Simply take if the barrel of the gun with one screw then apply the light dim and mylar. The flasher is still seen but not overly bright. I may even try it at a setting other than the lowest.

PXL_20220430_182332747.jpgPXL_20220430_182332747.jpg
#1839 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Im on Long Island , and nobody here has it available to play. Smh.....

There will probably be some at Allentown this weekend.

#1937 1 year ago
Quoted from pinthewin:

I've owned CCr SE a few weeks now, and it recently started intermittently buzzing while not being played. Every 2 minutes or so, the cabinet emits a loud buzz that lasts 4 - 5 seconds. This is my first pin, and up until a few days ago, it never buzzed while in standby mode. Any suggestions on what this could be?

Check the backbox lighting settings. I noticed that with both of my AFMr machines.

#2103 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Why is being realistic about CGC negative? I've said nothing but positive things about their build quality (which is why I've purchased all their LE's). Would you be happier if I said "Le's are gonna ship really soon, and CGC has doubled their capacity and everyone will get their games by summer"? The reality is CGC will be lucky to get all the LE's out this year, which is pretty close to what I predicted early on. CGC refuses to communicate to customers so all we have is past history, and from what I've seen with CCR its par for the course.

When one frequently makes comments that are negative in nature folks will likely come to the conclusion of the person being negative. Folks have heard your point and you continue to repeat it. Maybe you just want to be proven right? I dunno. That is my take though.

#2105 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Realistic ≠ negative. Sometimes the truth hurts. A realist can be both an optimist and a pessimist. Does sugarcoating things feel better? Sure. But in the end facts are facts.
You could make up warm fuzzies now and be disappointed later or have real expectations set early that may surprisingly be exceeded down the road. Most companies prefer to under promise and over deliver to create the best possible customer experience.

Facts ≠ Opinions/guesses/conjecture; I don't have strong feelings any way. The reality is that this thread has a bunch of folks really excited to get their games. Then someone constantly states that it will be delayed, a long time away, not anytime soon, etc. Being a broken record isn't exactly contributing to the conversation. People are excited, why constantly try to change that?

#2114 1 year ago

The tpf vids made it over to YouTube.

#2166 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Would an owner with a modder’s interest investigate if there is a convenient place to tap into the RGBW signal to power LED strips for under-cabinet lighting?
Thanks.

At the end of the GI strings it does look like there is a "spare" connection point for RGB. There are running back to front on the underside of the playfield. One on the left and one on the right. As far as power draw and what is safe to connect, that I don't know about.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider duderegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.