(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money: As for CGC, it would be rad if they helped me out, as they are located less than 6 miles from my house. I definitely want a replacement machine at this point, but with distribution queues who knows what that looks like.

6 miles from you and that’s what happened? Definitely looks like it’s been dropped. 100% entitled to a new game. Don’t cave in just because of production delays. They can easily slot you in.

3 months later
#4145 1 year ago

Haven’t read back more than a couple of pages……….. any LE updates?

1 month later
#5169 1 year ago

So……how ‘bout those CE’s? Any news? Dragging on a bit now.

4 weeks later
#5630 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Great news,
Are the new cab protectors pre installed or separate ?
Any pics please.

Nice to see some action on the LE front. Any word on when our LE’s will ship?

3 weeks later
#5971 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That mod is disappointing because of the sign. “River Rescue” just doesn’t fit with the world under glass theme.

Might be a dual purpose mod for Whitewater also.

#6003 1 year ago

I know everyone is antsy about their LE’sc but any news about the new Sharp/Lyman code?

#6109 1 year ago

It is a bit odd how CGC get such a free pass on here when you look at the Pinside Pitchfork Orgy that has plagued the Spooky and Haggis threads.

For reference:

- Haggis Mermaid - Deposit paid 27/4/21, received 27/10/22 - 548 Days
- Spooky HWN/UM - Deposit paid 15/7/21, received 20/10/22 - 462 Days
- CGC CCR LE - Deposit Paid 2/12/21.......... If the Australian container left today it would be about 60 days to me, so 329 days so far Plus 60 days - 389 days and counting.

I'm all for equal opportunity orgies.

1 week later
#6582 1 year ago

Surely someone out there is familiar or has played the new Lyman/Sharpe code update? I'm curious what sort of update is it? Complete re-write but still simple/shallow? Complete re-write but typical lyman depth and brilliance? Just a touch up of the existing code with a bit extra?

I'll be honest - I wouldn't persevere with this game if it wasn't for the Lyman/Sharpe potential.

#6610 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Play it nearly every night ... Including tonight![quoted image]

That's what I was looking for. Is it still being worked on or would you consider the rules/features mostly complete?

Edit: I should have said.... "Except for the Lyman/Sharpe potential"

#6626 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Do you realise that you are responding to Josh, of the Lyman/(Josh)Sharpe variety?

Yes, that’s why I edited the original post to include him as I didn’t give credit and thought it was a bit inconsiderate.

1 week later
#6846 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

This is my first game with a plastic backglass. Do they typically rattle as the game is played? Is that ok or do I need to install some foam or something?

The back glass is plastic/Perspex?

1 week later
#7340 1 year ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

PDI glass is an etched product, all other products are sprayed coatings. All of the sprayed coatings will fad over time. PDI costs the most, but it is the best.

Nice to know. I've always thought it's better than all varieties I've seen.

#7463 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

read the FAQs god damn it!

jfh needs to make the first FAQ entry:

“Read the f**n FAQ’s you imbeciles!”

#7552 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I am running out of space again in the FAQ and am looking at removing/significantly reducing the “My game is here!” section.
It was written specifically for those for whom CCr is their first NIB game. Most info is in the manual, the setup sheets or old hat to those who have done it before. For those getting their first new game - was it useful enough to keep?[quoted image]

Can the mods ad an extra post for you? Or extend the limits of the existing ones?

Edit: why don’t you just overflow into your second post?

#7556 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have asked to have the character limit lifted but haven’t heard anything back.
It was my original intent to use the second post as overflow but it turns out the only post that can be edited forever is the first post in a thread.

Yeh, knew about the 2nd post edit restriction but assumed a mod might be able to lift it?

2 months later
#9709 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thanks Coolcat and EVH347
Our distro will ship games and I assume PPS BG at the same time,
so it will be nice to be prepared with correct trim to install the incredible PPS BG.
Very stoked that color scale of BG may have actually been adjusted for LED backlight.
.[quoted image]

Any word on when our games will leave the US?

#9825 1 year ago

So, everyone hoping CGC has lost the PPS contract going forward, which manufacturers do you think could do a better job at that quality level? They gave Stern a shot and that was below par. Who else is making games at volume of a standard equivalent to CgC? American? Doubt they’ve made any games in volume. JJP are arguably as slow as CgC and of inferior quality. Anyone else? Not like they have allot of solid options in the pinball manufacturing space.

#9831 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

(And there isn’t a single contract for remakes- it’s not like there’s a rule that there can only be one mfg at a time making games under license from PPS)

I realise that - Haggis/Fathom for example. (Perfect example of alternative manufacturing capabilities). But other than Haggis, it's only been CGC up to date.

11 months later
#14773 3 months ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Howdy Pilgrims
Finally received my game.
Game is built to a high standard as usual from CGC.
Looks and shoots bloody beautiful, I'm not sure what to do with all these playfield toys, not used to it 
Its nice to be able to work out the game without having to read a 20 page rulesheet too.
Wife loves it as well as its more approachable for her. Topper is beautiful as usual from CGC.[quoted image]

Congrats gunslinger. Looks phenomenal. Been a long wait. Cant wait to unbox mine but need to sell a couple to make room (story of my life lol).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=cooked71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.