(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,434 posts
  • 757 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by jesperpark
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cache_money.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1113 2 years ago

I placed an order for the SE with GameRoomGuys on April 5th. They said to expect a call in two to three weeks. I received the call this morning April 8th, made full payment and I can expect delivery Monday or Tuesday (4/11 or 4/12). I inquired about the SE+ and was told August, but not sure anyone knows just more food for thought. I'm just hoping I can pick up the topper at a later date.

#1116 2 years ago

Yep, I hear ya. I believe they have more in stock if you wanted to switch over and "settle" on the SE (No topper).

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

What the HELL. I'm very happy everyone is receiving their machines finally. However, I ordered in late October, and I'm getting crickets from my distributor! I'm starting to get pissed when I read things like this. Again, I'm not upset at the people receiving their games, I'm upset because there's absolutely no structure in the timing of orders! It's bullshit.

#1130 2 years ago

Similar. Along the lines of, "You need to put $1,000 down to reserve a spot and can get that back anytime before shipment confirmation. If you choose to, you can pay 100% up front and receive that back at anytime before shipment confirmation."

Quoted from tonyf1965:

Well here is what my distributor said. We sent final invoice in December. You did not have to pay in full. Till we have ship date. Moral of the story is you did not have to pay invoice right away.

#1144 2 years ago

This is neat! I am new to this, but seems like I no brainer. I also noticed some interior, side art out there that's fan made. I like it, but curious if someone will release something that looks more like the LE side art. Thoughts?

Quoted from Jhiggins623:

Speaker Panel Mod here! I just received mine, comes from Portugal.
https://pinballpt.com/blog/
OR
ebay.com link: itm
[quoted image]

#1178 2 years ago

Try gameroomguys, I was first on the list on the 5th and got the confirmation call yesterday (4/8) that my pin was ready to ship. Unless others here called them up they should have a few available. Their site shows in stock.

Quoted from tp:

If any dealers have an se ready to ship please lmk.
Thanks.

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I found a good color for the tracks. It's Rust-Oleum Satin Expresso. The satin finish still has much gloss so go with flat Expresso if you desire
[quoted image][quoted image]

I like where your head is at. I was planning on keeping the plastic as is, but now this has me thinking to break out the miniatures paint and color separate the ties from the track and then go over it with some dry brushing and recessed shadowing.

#1231 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

I use a simple hand truck ($30 at Harbor Freight after coupon) without any problems for my games (CGC, JJP, Stern, Williams, Capcom, Gottlieb).

I'm in a similar boat. Are you alone doing this? I was thinking three people easily and maybe possible with two. My stairs are switch back with a landing. Six stairs, break, 7 stairs.

#1272 2 years ago

What an emotional rollercoaster of purchasing my first pin. Fedex was set to deliver this morning. I never received a called, so inquired this afternoon. Fedex has LOST the pallet, and is now calling their other docks.

#1322 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

What an emotional rollercoaster of purchasing my first pin. Fedex was set to deliver this morning. I never received a called, so inquired this afternoon. Fedex has LOST the pallet, and is now calling their other docks.

Update on my lost CCr.

Fedex located the pallet. Although they thought it made it to Chicago land, it never left Grand Rapids (Game Room Guys). They hope to deliver Friday or Monday.

#1364 2 years ago

I'm on the fence about ordering the CGC shaker for CCr. Has anyone added a shaker to their CCr? Anyone have any insight to sway my decision?

#1368 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

$149. at Pinball Life and worth every penny if you enjoy shaker motors in pins.
Insanely quick and easy install. Settings at “strong”. Zero regrets.

Thanks all. I already had a couple of silicon leg leveler casters in the cart at Pinball Life. Was just getting a sense of...do I just add in the shaker since I want to combine shipping costs. Done deal.

Mods purchased to date: Train track(Ulekstore), Saloon door (Shapeaways), trainstation (shapeways), Shaker (Pinball Life), Alt translite (Brian Allen - Flyland Designs), Side art (Brian Allen - Flyland Designs).

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshieB:

After many days/weeks of checking my email like a crazy person, finally got that invoice! (Ordered Early Nov) AND email from Brian Allen that the backglass is in the next batch getting made. Good day for the inbox

That will be 2 in Chicago land. Can you share who you ordered from? This will be my first machine and just called around, but open to local suggestions for next time. (after Weird Al and Heist show up in February).

#1404 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshieB:

It’s my first also, and can’t really claim to know what I’m doing. I ordered from Cointaker because I was afraid of IL sales tax (I recently drove to Indiana to purchase a grill to save like $40 on tax because I’m a cheap bastard)

Bah. Michigan charged me my local tax. You win this round JoshieB.

#1417 2 years ago

I need help. My machine was delivered today and box was perfectly fine. I tossed the box. My friends showed up and I started to prep. I realized that it looks like the strap down the middle may have been set too tight and displaces the board under the back piece. Not sure I can return it now. Any advice?

20220415_162123 (resized).jpg20220415_162123 (resized).jpg20220415_162239 (resized).jpg20220415_162239 (resized).jpg20220415_162249 (resized).jpg20220415_162249 (resized).jpg20220415_162919 (resized).jpg20220415_162919 (resized).jpg
#1419 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Contact who you bought it from immediately.
And open a ticket under support on the help desk and include pictures.
It may not be seen until Monday. It's late on Friday now. If your ticket goes to me I'll alert it to George Bork.
LTG : )

Thabks for quick response. They are closed. 6pm where they are. Guess I'll leave it as is for now.

#1451 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

We’re able to fix it?

I sent pics to the dealer. Now they start the process of talking with FedEx and then CGC. Who know how long this will take. I feel like it's repairable, but haven't set it up, as I want to leave as is.

#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

This doesn’t look like an overtightened strap issue. Game was most likely dropped(while upright either on or off the pallet). May be hard for the buyer to prove he didn’t do that damage for example bringing the game downstairs on a dolly and losing control and have the game bounce the last few steps. It would cause similar damage.
Of course I am not saying this is what happened, just that it may be difficult to disprove after accepting the delivery and signing for it as being in good condition. Hope it all works out.

I am now wondering if maybe it was a vertical impact and maybe the bottom plate of the head unit separating from the sides and rear. You can seen in this photo that the armatures are dropped too far. I don't think the bottom plate was affixed as well as it should have been.

20220416_165348 (resized).jpg20220416_165348 (resized).jpg
#1481 2 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

The vertical drop theory makes sense. Anyone know why pinball companies don't affix a shock indicator on the shipping box (so the recipient can instantly see if the shipment was mishandled)?

I noticed a small stress Crack that also may reinforce the idea. Top right corner here. This is the top plate of the main body that makes contact with the upper display.

20220417_183725 (resized).jpg20220417_183725 (resized).jpg
#1484 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Sorry this happened
Maybe CGC could send you out a replacement cabinet unless it’s a total loss and they want it back to rebuild
Their quality is solid so I’m sure they will help you

All good. Scary first time buyer experience, but I'm rolling with it. First FedEx lost it causing a shipping delay and then this. As for CGC, it would be rad if they helped me out, as they are located less than 6 miles from my house. I definitely want a replacement machine at this point, but with distribution queues who knows what that looks like.

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

6 miles from you and that’s what happened? Definitely looks like it’s been dropped. 100% entitled to a new game. Don’t cave in just because of production delays. They can easily slot you in.

I bought it from a distributor located 3 hours away, and drop shipping wasn't an option. The distributor either picked up from CGC or had a shipment come in from CGC (sounded like the former, when I spoke with them to buy). On the 8th, I was told it would be delivered the 11th and set up freight delivery time. On the 11th, delivery time passed, so I called FedEx and they had lost the package. They found the pallet on the 12 in the same town it was supposed to ship from sitting on the FedEx dock. Delivery got moved to the 15th and it arrived bright and early with NO damage to the box. I should inspect the bottom of the pallet a little more for any signs of stress.

#1493 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Last time FedEx missed delivery and ‘lost’ a game for me - turned out it was sitting there with after having been run through with a fork lift and they were likely deciding what to do with a damaged high value item. Wonder if they knew yours was dropped. FedEx has been pretty awful for getting games to me undamaged. There have been two other times with them where the box was in really rough shape (crushed, ripped, holes), but the games only had some superficial damage so I was able to keep them.

Wow....and this would be your local Fedex I imagine since this was via Game Room Guys and Comstock Fedex location is where it got lost. Do you buy from GRG?

1 month later
#2282 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

On all 3 of my remakes I have the min vol off so I can lower below 8.
Sounds like there are some CCr with volume issues then?
Other owners have confirmed that their volume on their CCr is comparable to the other 3 remakes (when set at the same number) correct?
Richard

Mine is loud enough that I just run it at a cool level two tree.

#2345 1 year ago

Just sharing my painted mods. Painted some mini figs a few years back, so nice to have another use for the paints!

20220421_070152 (resized).jpg20220421_070152 (resized).jpg20220421_070311 (resized).jpg20220421_070311 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#3526 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Is the game supposed to make a loud, motor sounding noise when gun fight starts?

Mine has done this since day one. Everyone agree the motor whirring during gun fight as it cycles through the bad guys is expected?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Trade
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cache_money.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=cache_money and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.