(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scoot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4820 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Yeah but I have a lot of machines that have magnets. Any xp guys on ninja balls getting magnatized faster than normal? I have about 7 machines with big magnets.

I had ninjas in my Oktoberfest for less than a week and had to get them out as they were magnetized and caused several issues with the machine. Ninjas are nice but now only go into pins with no magnets.

7 months later
#11244 1 year ago

Potential new owner here. I would love to spend the day reading hundreds of pages of posts about the game but I just don't have the time. Could someone kindly fill me in with out of the box issues (SE version) that I may face? Thank you so much.

#11248 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

[quoted image]
I’ll save jfh the time

Wow! Great information there, thanks!

#11345 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Can someone explain what you guys mean about flipper hop? Not sure I know what that is lol

When the ball rolls down the inlane and onto the flipper, the ball should transition smoothly without hitting the back edge of the flipper rubber. When the inlane guide or flipper is misaligned, the ball can bounce off the back edge of the flipper rubber causing it to "hop" off of the flipper. This is not ideal and causes inconsistent shots to the target.

#11376 1 year ago

Maybe this has been discussed before and I apologize if so, but I find it perplexing that video mode was only designed for use with the topper. I dig the integration but it should have been available for every model.

#11389 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

Best upgrade possible for this game. Love it when I have a crappy game, turn my back in disgust and walk away only to match and get "shot" in the back! So great.

Is there knocker integration other than replay? It would be cool to have it fire off when shooting a bad guy in quickdraw or the like.

#11464 1 year ago

The mine cart from the FAQ fits perfectly on the existing tracks. Now to paint it up. I will post when done.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2418854

20230407_144129 (resized).jpg20230407_144129 (resized).jpg20230407_144135 (resized).jpg20230407_144135 (resized).jpg
#11517 1 year ago

I think it came out pretty good.

On another note, I added a knocker kit to my SE and it works great. However it only knocks with a replay and not with extra ball. I turned off the audio knocker but can't seem to see the setting to turn on the knocker for extra balls. Can anyone help?

20230408_195752 (resized).jpg20230408_195752 (resized).jpg
#11537 1 year ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

If you change your setting from credit on replay to extra ball on replay, the knocker will fire for every extra ball.

Is it this adjustment? Knocker will not fire for extra ball. Odd thing is when I first installed the knocker, extra ball was firing the knocker, but I factory reset the game because the previous owner had it set too easy. No matter what the settings, I only get replay firing.

20230409_152309 (resized).jpg20230409_152309 (resized).jpg
#11538 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Is it this adjustment? Knocker will not fire for extra ball. Odd thing is when I first installed the knocker, extra ball was firing the knocker, but I factory reset the game because the previous owner had it set too easy. No matter what the settings, I only get replay firing.
[quoted image]

I have it figured out. You do have to have replay award set to extra ball but at least on my machine, I have to set special award to either points or extra ball in order for extra ball to fire the knocker.

#11552 1 year ago
Quoted from jrh7:

Scoot, how did you attach the cart to the top?

I used a hot glue gun so it is still removable if need be.

#11586 1 year ago

This is the second time my ball has gotten stuck here. Not sure what I can do to prevent this.

20230405_171322 (resized).jpg20230405_171322 (resized).jpg
#11681 1 year ago

My flipper strength is set to factory and my playfield pitch is at 7.2 degrees. No airballs and no problem hitting ramps.

#11721 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I personally thought the RGB lighting was a bit overwhelming at some times during gameplay, but I also felt like the default warm GI was also kind of blah. My solution was leaving the RGB GI set to on, the adding some home made Pinstadium style lighting that is simply clear, no colors or UV. This lit up the playfield nicely and showed off the artwork, but also allows the RGB light shows to do their thing without being obnoxiously over colored. If that makes sense. I know it's not everyones cup o' tea, but that was my solution, and lots of guests seem to like it.

The playfield is very dark at times, especially around the flippers. I was thinking of trying a light strip in the drain area and maybe spots on the slings to lighten the playfield a bit. I wonder where I can tap into? 12v coin door lights perhaps?

1 month later
#12602 10 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:So I’ve narrowed my decision down to Getting Cactus Canyon or Jurassic Park premium. I’ve not got to play cactus because there’s nowhere close that I can play one but it looks beautiful and from what everyone says it’s great and I like a western theme. So I’m a decent player will it keep me interested or am I going to blow through it so to speak I know we’re ones at 8000$. And Jurassic is 9699$ so I could save some money what is everyone thinking

CCR is a pretty easy playing pin compared to JP. If you are a decent player, you might get more out of JP. When I first played CCR, I got to high noon on my first play. I opened the lanes, went to no extra balls and now it plays great. I love my CCR but if you like a challenging pin, JP should suit you better.

2 weeks later
#12785 10 months ago
Quoted from Pomz:

Hey LTG,
Do you ever go to SS Billiards? Also do you know when Lyman’s code is coming out? JK but seriously they need to turn off the strobe like light in gun fight and make High Noon way harder and not as many points! Would you send that to the higher ups? Thanks Bionic Bart is my favorite Mode. Lol

I believe you can turn the strobe down and off in the settings.

#12888 10 months ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I love it if they incorporated “ Drunk Multiball “

American Pinball has a SOBER mode in Oktoberfest where your flippers become delayed and you hit specific stand up targets to sober up. With each hit the flippers become more responsive. On the display it shows beautiful people that changes to ugly people as if you had beer goggles with each target hit.

It is one of the funniest and quirky modes in pinball.

3 weeks later
#13163 9 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

After playing for a full week I've noticed when the mine lets the ball go in the back by the bumpers the ball just kinda drops down on the left side which I understand as that's where its coming out, but is there supposed to be some " play " in the pop bumpers at all or is this normal? Just curious.

There should be quite a lot of play in the pop bumpers. If they are not active, try to see why. Most common issue is the rubber that stretches across the bottom (in front of the pops) is too tight. Pull on it and give it a stretch. Make some switch adjustments to allow them to be more sensitive.

#13166 9 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Just pull on it a little bit without taking it off? and to make them more sensitive do I just have to close the gap on the leaf switches a bit?

The sling mech is behind the rubber band. If too tight, the ball will not activate the sling mech switch and not push the ball into the pop bumpers. Just grab hold of the rubber band and give it a tug away from the sling mech. It will loosen the band and the weight of the ball will activate the switch behind to rubber band.

If you need to make a switch adjustment, you will need to use a tool to reduce the gap of the switch. Pop bumper switches are sometimes finicky but are rather easy to adjust. You will need to lift the playfield for those. A switch that is too sensitive may cause the same effect by not working well so play with the gap a bit to find the sweet spot.

1 week later
#13309 9 months ago
20230726_093039 (resized).jpg20230726_093039 (resized).jpg
#13352 8 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Thanks. I don’t see the steer skull on that one though. That’s what I really liked about it.

It is the Mezel mod station with the bison skull from etsy.

Here are some other locations I considered.

I painted the skulls myself so they may not look like this if you order them painted.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1287412441/american-bison-skull-124-scale-miniature?click_key=871d289b683a57fe341f2e8a7b8c13dc491c7455%3A1287412441&click_sum=ee13f971&external=1&ref=landingpage_similar_listing_top-1&pro=1&sts=1
20230423_152034 (resized).jpg20230423_152034 (resized).jpg20230423_152017 (resized).jpg20230423_152017 (resized).jpg

#13417 8 months ago
Quoted from roland_rat:

Has anyone installed fluorescent protectors such as Convolux on their CCr? If so which colour did you choose and could you load some photos please.

Yellow

20230805_093957 (resized).jpg20230805_093957 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#13885 7 months ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Joined the Club! Got my LE set up today. Gorgeous game. So well built and the attention to detail is amazing. However I played maybe 6 games and already this… bionic Bart, topper mode (twice), all the inserts and High Noon complete. So is that it with the “extended” code? Nothing more to do? I’ve never actually done everything on a game in just 6 games. Maybe I missed something or is there a 2nd or 3rd high noon?
[quoted image]

I had a similar experience as the factory settings are just too easy for some players. Lower the # of extra balls and open up the outlanes and then try it. Also set your slope to seven degrees.

The code is somewhat lacking compared to other more recent titles, but it is still fun to play. Having a challenging setup will cut down on the long ball times and make the game more enjoyable while we all patiently await the elusive code update.

3 weeks later
#14153 6 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Does the "new" OS system that CGC uses for CCr make it boot faster than their other remakes?
It's a bit annoying how long it takes my MBr to boot, as it first has to boot the CGC system, and then boot the emulation of the B/W system.
Supposedly, this was going to be improved for CCr, but I never heard if it actually was.

Yes, the game boots incredibly fast now. Boot up is around 15 seconds.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Scoot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=Scoot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.