(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballGalore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Same, that's something I really liked on the LE. The rest of the things i want, I can do myself (powder coat, art blades, shaker)

Wooden apron…

1 month later
#585 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

7 LE prints left. If you are thinking about getting one, think quickly.

Aaaannnnnd they’re OUT

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just grabbed the last art print and also added side blades.

#679 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

We need 8 sheriffs in Texas pronto!
[quoted image][quoted image]
There is one LE but it is the same show LE as before and not a production model. I’m not sure if it has the final Gun Metal Gray color as the production ones will but will find out tomorrow. It looks nice but darker in person than in any of the pictures I’d seen before.
[quoted image]

Is that Mylar around the shooter rod housing? That’s a first. Hope we all get a key fob unlike monster bash where only about 5 people happened to find one waiting in their goodie bag.

697F6372-508B-4E07-B150-21A251922152 (resized).png697F6372-508B-4E07-B150-21A251922152 (resized).png

#783 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

As some of you saw this was an incredible presentation. I’ll get a summary up when I get back to my room. There was no time for questions but I managed to get a few answers anyway.

I vote jfh best thread OP 2022

#801 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The link to the seminar is posted in the FAQ. See “What took so long?”
I’ll have more in-line sometime next week.
Watching that presentation should be required before you can take delivery of your game.

or commenting in this thread, which means i can't yet. off to watch!

#803 2 years ago

watching the video, Butch discussing the artblades made me wonder if the LE's will ship with protectors for lifting up the PF scratch free. GNR CE's came with those and really good ones too. Much better than the pinball universe ones I just got from pinball life.

#844 2 years ago

I just hope they still do something about those topper arms doing a full, unrealistic 360 movement.
I’m certain there’s a reason; timing, maybe better for the motors (?), but it would really be nice if they could just stop where our human arms usually would. They just look like chicken wings here

74DCB73A-E5DE-4C32-81BC-5F9813DD0343 (resized).jpeg74DCB73A-E5DE-4C32-81BC-5F9813DD0343 (resized).jpeg
#848 2 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Ok. I see it mentioned, but what is this "upgrade kit"?
I didn't want to plunk down the extra for the SE+ and went with the SE (with upgraded CGC BG and shaker)... The topper sure as heck looks cool.
I think I'm going to kick myself for not opting for the SE+.

Go to FAQs and read

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

It kind of goes with a corny western theme though.

Yea, true. But then I hope the Lyman code hardware has him flipping over and shootin ya while doing a headstand

3 weeks later
#1606 2 years ago

Number 69 is ready for framing

AA901EDF-C228-4420-BD91-B410BE92BB27 (resized).jpegAA901EDF-C228-4420-BD91-B410BE92BB27 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1857 1 year ago

Of all things mentioned, I liked hearing about the original thought of creating physical ball locks on the train ramp/tracks. That would be much more appealing to me than saloon doors.

4 weeks later
#2459 1 year ago

Does anyone happen to know if the gun handles have the same specs as the original? Would a mod handle made to fit in the original work in the remake?

#2631 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Maybe LE will come with the new code?

Maybe it should. as a thanks for your patience gesture

4 weeks later
#3503 1 year ago

Just got these for shits and giggles while I wait for LE news. Maybe they can blend in with the topper background. Speaking of…. I would love to get 4 or so cacti plastic that CGC added and was non existent in the original. Would be cool to stick 2
On each side of the topper in some sort of setting. Maybe a little tumbleweed too

D97A7A4E-10E6-4EA8-BAC8-1C334F652D1D (resized).jpegD97A7A4E-10E6-4EA8-BAC8-1C334F652D1D (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4113 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Lights4fun, Inc 20 Cactus Battery Operated Indoor & Outdoor LED Party String Lights https://a.co/d/6UtV2XT

They come in 20’s and everyone needs one or two. Who wants to buy a strip then sell off singles?

1 week later
#4431 1 year ago

Ordered these off AliExpress. When my LE arrives I’ll see if there’s any nice spot for them inside or around the topper. May be too much but for what they cost I’m gonna either use them on the game or stick them somewhere on my balcony. Figured no point in unwrapping them since the wait is loooong

1CEB1825-9F8D-427F-B69F-FA0E3EFA692D (resized).jpeg1CEB1825-9F8D-427F-B69F-FA0E3EFA692D (resized).jpeg46DC7DA8-FE75-4D6E-931C-75D010C58F2C (resized).jpeg46DC7DA8-FE75-4D6E-931C-75D010C58F2C (resized).jpeg
#4433 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Reverse psychology. I like it. That means the LEs must be imminent!

I’m in no rush

#4613 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

My guess is totally the wood aprons.

That wooden apron swayed me way more than the topper. Happy to wait for one of those!

#4615 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

So they don’t have local shops that can CNC cut and finish wood?!?
That’s the last item that should be supply chain constrained.

I didn’t say anything about their abilities or lack of, I wasn’t part of that discussion. Just mentioned I really like that apron

1 week later
#4924 1 year ago

Ryan says "literally" - literally every sentence.
this has been going on for years, but since the interviews/presentation are always so far apart it always hits me with surprise.

#5035 1 year ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Agree!! And with today rate the price is crazy high in Scandinavia

Opposite for me in Israel, so far the delay has saved me almost $2000 in exchange rate difference compared to last October when I committed to the LE in Germany. Not expecting it before end of year at very best but not sure what could happen to the currencies by the time I get invoiced.

4 weeks later
#5466 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/143298

Selling 3 Brian Allen posters and keeping one if anyone missed out and is interested...

#5503 1 year ago

For all the European orders out there...

5AF53A45-BE2F-4801-96A5-F4C1E21018A3 (resized).jpeg5AF53A45-BE2F-4801-96A5-F4C1E21018A3 (resized).jpeg
#5720 1 year ago

And then there's talk of them already having the next title on the line/soon enough... hard to imagine, but who knows

#5755 1 year ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

Looks like a SE+ with the stainless rails. But it has the wood apron.

Also has the mine cart and side blades

2 weeks later
#5966 1 year ago

Always thought this set was cool and wished it was available. This video is from a decade ago :-/

AA0A6BF4-06F7-44E7-96EE-BE8A345BD055 (resized).jpegAA0A6BF4-06F7-44E7-96EE-BE8A345BD055 (resized).jpeg
#6048 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

“There’s an old saying in Tennessee - I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says...”
[quoted image]

I can watch this one over and over again 15+ years later

#6098 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

we know you will never say negative word at CGC , but come on , more than a year ago they said they had everything ready to go as it should have been released and approvals done the year prior(may be wrong because its been almost a year now )
waiting for the "Bart's arms for the topper are to long or short " excuse to be coming soon !

I just heard the arms are fixed.... but now the fingernails were too long and 25000 of them need to be trimmed slightly. Otherwise dirt might accumulate under his fingernails and make him seem like a dirty old man. No good.
Might add a couple of weeks past the latest official ETA

#6184 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Yeah seriously. For a homebrew, I thought yours was a fantastic take on it. In a vacuum it looks authentic. Next to the IP it looks unique enough.
It's not like those Nara Dreamland Disney character knockoffs where you immediately yell "WTF IS THAT?!?!?!"
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

But you would say WTF of you were at Disneyland for opening day...scary shit

651828DA-36B8-4E63-A3B6-ECF8EC6F91F4 (resized).jpeg651828DA-36B8-4E63-A3B6-ECF8EC6F91F4 (resized).jpeg
#6378 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Man and people got mad at me for writing huge long diatribes and fictional tales of woe waiting on my MBrLE, and it was only 6.5 months on that. Feel sorry for those waiting on a CCrLE, however, I think given the choice, I would have bailed on a CCrLE at 6 to 7 months, and it would have taken a title like their first 3 remakes to get me to wait over a year. For CCrLE, no amount of Lyman/sharp code help would make me wait this long.

I remember Those posts made the wait all that more entertaining! When you got your game that thread just wasn't as fun

#6474 1 year ago

I know everyone has their own opinion about adding a game to their collection before they have received it. But I do once my deposit is in. Tday I had a message in my inbox, reminding me it's been a year since I last changed batteries on cactus canyon.

My bad, should have marked the game as having navram

1 week later
#6875 1 year ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Anybody have the speaker box magnet they want to sell? Looking for somebody stateside who maybe ordered more than one, or does not want it anymore.
[quoted image]

Go to wizardmod.com (if I'm not mistaken but that's def the business name) and order them with free shipping..
Edit: should have read through all the replies first

#6876 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah I wonder if they ever plan on making that or not???

CGC is manufacturing them and are waiting on parts

#6928 1 year ago

No mention of the latest from the hype thread here??? Just in case you missed out on this one..

429F0505-79AE-4FB2-9354-3DEB92999310 (resized).jpeg429F0505-79AE-4FB2-9354-3DEB92999310 (resized).jpeg
#6979 1 year ago

now to try and connect between the timing of PPS' post from yesterday and the LE's ready to ship. Purely coincidence or is there a perk waiting for all those who "patiently" waited ? hmmmm
can we get a shot of a ready-to-ship production game's populated playfield?

#6980 1 year ago

Time to remind anyone interested in the number matching swap challange to update their details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-le-owners-number-swap-come-find-your-match#post-7218493

#7087 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Pics or it's not real

For all we know the neighbors got a new fridge.

#7106 1 year ago

I have to see that wooden apron properly, its thickness etc. to me its a huge perk, thought of owning a WOZ just because i liked that apron so much. this seems like it might be even more detailed and gorgeous to look at

#7328 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Mirrored backglass for sale.
$225 shipped. No brainer?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/146798

Wonder what the story was. Could you order the backglass if you arent in on a game? If he ended up with an SE it could still be used, so what could the weird scenario be? Just looking for something to read

#7337 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Deposit paid.
Backglass purchased while waiting.
Unique bs life/business/pin scenario in the extended delayed window lead to not being able to fully meet my end of the purchase. My distributor being awesome and understanding.

Wish you all the best mate! I'd take it off you, rather than purchase one from the distro in Europe when my game is ready, but I fear the shipping all the way to the other side of the world and would rather they be responsible for it to arrive safely than you. GLWS

3 weeks later
#8114 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

DOUG!!!!!!
Clean up on isle 5. Please check in with your manager JFH. He will show you where the mop and bucket are to clean up this shit!
Paging Doug! Clean up on isle 5.
Thank you for shopping at pinmart! Your business is very much appreciated and we value our customers. Please submit your complaints to Karen. She runs our PR department.
Regards,
Management

In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary, come again?

1 week later
#8380 1 year ago
Quoted from robnotto:

Christmas came early. Games look great. Build quality is outstanding. Been so much fun to flip so far.
This game would have looked so bad ass if they did the coin door, plunger plate and speaker panel in that gun metal grey similar to what they did on the MMrRE.
[quoted image]

Christmas came early, one year late…
Congrats and happy holidays.

#8384 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

But it's still good news while we others continue to wait for delivery.
[quoted image]

Of course it is, I haven’t had a problem waiting. I did reach out to my distributor last week, and just like Canada, seems like for now they’re only gonna be shipped out to US buyers.

B3524B1B-06EE-4139-B455-4B026AFC14DA (resized).jpegB3524B1B-06EE-4139-B455-4B026AFC14DA (resized).jpeg
#8476 1 year ago

Magnetic all the way. I was also hesitant but magnets are 100%.

43C06EC7-32D9-474D-97A7-20A3E5801416 (resized).jpeg43C06EC7-32D9-474D-97A7-20A3E5801416 (resized).jpeg
#8527 1 year ago

Looks like they’re pouring out of the factory

1 week later
#8735 1 year ago
Quoted from jonahk:

LE #96 is on the floor at TILT Pinball Bar.
The topper absolutely steals the show. It looks amazing, the Shootout interactive mode is legit fun (although we need to educate our customers on how to interact with it), and it looks *chefs kiss* with the other toppers in our CGCr collection. The apron is my favorite upgrade, however. Something about that belt buckle right in the middle is such a cool design element.
We already had the art blades and the alt translite so I don't think apart from the topper our customers are going to even notice. But considering our SE earned very well, and with renewed interest being a new game, and with the topper mode I think this is going to be a hit.[quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful. I think CCr should switch with MBr so the white water and cactus themes are side by side. At least that’s my plan for those two in the line when CCr arrive.

1 month later
#10043 1 year ago

I have 2 of Brian Allen’s Cactus Canyon 13x19" Full-Bleed Metallic Sheen Art Print (Limited Edition) available for sale.

PM if interested and I can have them shipped right away. A great alternative to the back glass if you’re going the mirrored route like myself. Something small and unique from Brian, which is a must in my opinion, for every title I own and he’s done something for.
This interpretation is a little overwhelming and loaded with stuff, I thought it’s too much for a huge back glass in the first place, but as a small print to hang, it’s beautiful to look at and appreciate all the Easter eggs he’s put in there.

3 weeks later
#10790 1 year ago

Well the prices for pulp fiction never reached the 10k mark as some here had expected…

#10855 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Just gave up my LE spot with Planetary...they should have an extra for sale.

Also just gave my CCr LE slot up ( in Europe ) for PF LE. It’s been a fun ride with you all for almost two years here, and maybe we’ll meet again someday down the line. Now to see how long this round is gonna take.

3 months later
#12892 10 months ago
Quoted from Roon:

Got my topper...now still waiting for my CC
[quoted image]

Good for you having so much patience. As you know Ronald, I’ve given up

IMG_5348 (resized).jpegIMG_5348 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballGalore.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=PinballGalore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.