(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,422 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 minutes ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PM_Jeremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 2 years ago

Not sure how long my SE will take - but when I get it - it WILL be streamed
Keep an eye on http://www.youtube.com/c/PinballMayhem & https://www.twitch.tv/pinball_mayhem_jeremy

3 weeks later
#434 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Crank the angle, make the slings crazy sensitive and open up the outlanes. Then turn off extra balls and set every setting to the hardest. These adjustments made Twilight zone my favorite machine ever and made totan a keeper.

Agreed - don't be worried about changing settings. Experiment a bit. This is what I do on Pinball Mayhem livestreams -play a few games, then "let's see what happens when I load extra hard settings". Fun times for sure.

1 month later
#1534 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Anyone know how many connection there are from the head to the body? I might behead mine to bring it down the stairs to avoid bumping into some walls. Thanks

Easy peasy, look at the top of this thread and click "view topic image gallery". There are a few pics of the head that clearly show the harnesses and where they plug in.

1 month later
#2881 1 year ago

Woot, mine just showed up!

20220616_120513a (resized).jpg20220616_120513a (resized).jpg20220616_120617 (resized).jpg20220616_120617 (resized).jpg20220616_121049 (resized).jpg20220616_121049 (resized).jpg
#2883 1 year ago
I'm sorry Richard that you have not received your game yet.

#2885 1 year ago

#2897 1 year ago

Got it opened last night. Here's the SN tag with date.

20220616_174207 (resized).jpg20220616_174207 (resized).jpg
#2927 1 year ago

I'll be streaming mine for the first time. Today (6-18-22) on Youtube and tomorrow on Twitch. 10:30am Central. Ask questions, want to try different settings? - Let's try it! Search Pinball Mayhem or

https://www.twitch.tv/pinball_mayhem_jeremy

#2930 1 year ago
Quoted from Darkwing:

Fun stream! You convinced me to try and get one The out of box light show is impressive.

Thanks! It was great having you contribute in chat.

#2933 1 year ago

Nice! Welcome to the club.

#2935 1 year ago

Setting changes I've made so far include
- setting max extra ball count to 1 (A1 standard adjustment #03)
- setting max extra balls per ball in play to 1 (A1 standard adjustment #04)
- turning off the extra ball on Polly (A2 feature adjustment #15)
---
For livestreaming I've turned down the playfield & backbox led brightness to -3. Looks much better on camera. But going to change back when done.

#2950 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

The game has played almost flawlessly so far. I’ve only experienced a stuck closed switch on the beer mug shot. Pulled the switch and just bent it with my finger away a little bit. Playing perfect ever since.*snip*

Yep, 40 plays on mine so far and this morning I noticed I was getting a lot of beer mug shots (even when the ball was in the shooter lane!). A quick inspection showed the same issue - a closed switch. Pretty easy fix This is what owning a pinball is all about. Video coming soon on Pinball Mayhem about this. I'm very happy with the build quality of CCR.

Jeremy
Pinball Mayhem

#2963 1 year ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

I have serial number 1384 (mid March build). *snip* One thing I noticed... looks like they messed up the wiring on jackpot and combo lights on the left ramp. How do I fix this LOL.... I guess I could flip the lamp board but the board is mounted the right way... just the actual lights are reversed
Mike

Interesting! I'll check this on my machine right now............ hmmm glad I checked. Mine are all in the correct spot. But #84 bad guy arrow is inop. I'll have to start a ticket. Luckily that lamp is on a tiny board that screws into the main board.

#2967 1 year ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Make sure the screws are tight on the lamp board. I had one with a loose screw that made it intermittent.

Thanks for the suggestion. Screws were tight. I pulled the little board off and inspected it (looked fine). Since it was labeled for that position I decided not to swap with another position at this time.

I looked back at footage when I first powered on the machine and it was out then.

1 week later
#3256 1 year ago

I made an unboxing video. It's a bit on the long side. Plus it shows removing the head. Let me know what you think.

#3264 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I'm on the road, and don't have my manual. Can someone tell me the part number of the shooter housing? Guessing it is either 21-6657 or 21-6645. I'm going to powdercoat my game, and would rather not have it out of commission.

My Manual doesn't break down the shooter housing individual part numbers. In looking at Pinball life's site it should be 21-6645-1. In researching the 21-6657 has a brass sleeve. Thus I'm sticking with 21-6645 because my game has a plastic shooter rod sleeve.

Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#3286 1 year ago

Thank you for those who warned about the leg crimp/decal damaging issue. I made a video about the hex head screw fix.

#3289 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks for making this. This will be in the FAQ soon. I had read Chris’ fix but didn’t quite picture the solution.

That's awesome! happy to help.
Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#3302 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

On my game, the mine VUK will only kick the ball out to the pops about 1 out of every 4 or 5 times - is this the expected behavior? Or is it supposed to go into the pops every time? Sometimes it’s a benefit if it skips the pops if you’re in a timed mode, otherwise it’s not great when it does. I haven’t really diagnosed it in-depth at this point, just curious.

There is a slingshot (kicker) right behind the mine entrance. Adjust the switches to be a bit more sensitive (game power off) and you should be good.

I want to do this on mine - now that I'm thinking about it, I'll make video when I do.
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#3305 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Not sure I am sold on the adding a step out screw. I had one leg that it then pinched at the top. I’ll try and adjust it out later on and report back.

I hear you. I was worried about that too, but on my legs that wasn't an issue.

#3315 1 year ago
Quoted from MWM82:

Mantis protectors
Hex screws
Or
Wait for a solution?

Whatever works best for you. The screws were a fast easy solution for me. You could also buy another set of leg protectors at Pinball Life and sandwich them between the original protectors & legs.

#3319 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Somewhat off topic for this thread but since any of these proposed fixes entails removing the legs I'll ask -- what's the easiest solution for lifting the machine a bit to get the weight off of the legs. I realize some have invested in harbor freight lift carts and the like (and modified the handles) or similar but I haven't taken that plunge as of yet. Any other cost effective means to safely lift the machine just high enough to take the weight off of the legs to complete one of these fixes? (other than suing your back that is).

Perhaps a chair or stool at the front or two chairs- one on each side. It really depends on what you have around. In the video I had a lower height saw horse that I made for my first pinball machine (Firepower).

#3352 1 year ago
Quoted from Hulagirl:

Thank you Jeremy for the great video. This may help on many games!

Thanks for the kind words. Glad you liked it. Let me know if you have ideas for future videos.
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#3354 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Issue popped up on my SE last night...it’s doing a ball search, and will not start a game. I’ve emptied the balls, and reinserted the 4...a ball seems like it got stuck, in the upper left part of the playfield, but now it keeps searching..I’ve reached out to my distributor and waiting to hear back..because I don’t want to fiddle with it too much before I get warranty help. Just a headsup, and a bummer, since this is my first new machine. I even did a factory reset.

From my observations, if it doesn't see 4 balls in the trough it will go into ball search upon startup. Were you able to find all 4 balls in the machine?

#3359 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Is it OK to raise the machine using just the bottom of the cabinet or does the Harbor Freight lift have to be positioned in such a way that the cabinet sides are resting on it? I'm imagining a machine with legs on and rolling the HF lift between them from the front. Seems like all the weight would then be just on the cabinet bottom when raising the machine.

flynnibus is 100% correct. Professional pinball carts lift up the game from the bottom board of the cabinet. Position the cart most of the way to the rear of the game. This is the heaviest area due to the weight of head and transformer.

#3532 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Is the game supposed to make a loud, motor sounding noise when gun fight starts?

I've noticed that the noise on my machine is the coil that holds the ball in the inlane. One of mine is louder than the other. To reduce the noise - I would loosen up the coil hold tab/plate and squeeze the assembly together, then tighten it back up. Perhaps one of those Bally style wave washers would help secure things.

#3553 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Super fun pin
Question,if you fail to save Polly ,does the opportunity ever come back ?
I’ve never seen it twice in a game
(Snip)

After you complete all the shot modes (train, bank robbery, etc) and get the point on the star. The modes can be obtained again. But, to directly answer your question, there isn't a a second chance to save Polly.

#3584 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

So if you don’t save Polly no high noon?
I don’t see a star for completing the Polly modes

Ok, now that I'm home with my game I can look this up. You don't have to save Polly to complete the modes. Timing them out or draining your ball will complete them too. STAMPEDE is the badge point you get when the 3 Polly modes plus the Horse loop & trick Shooting loop are completed. When you start the last task for Stampede badge light, Stampeed multiball starts.

-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#3593 1 year ago
Quoted from mc300baud:

i also had Motherload lit during a Gold Mine Multiball (don't recall if it was during Bionic Bart or not; could have been) and before i could collect it, it somehow it reset and also was just a regular jackpot by the time i hit the mine shot. i'm tempted to dump some balls through the machine tomorrow to try to get back to that point and see if i can recreate the issue. but i'm also lazy so i probably won't.

While I was playing last night I noticed there is indeed a timer on Motherload.

#3608 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hi all CGC game owners. I wanted to make a quick post here to get the word out about my new Mod's for the Flippers and flipper shaft bushing upgrades that will fit all CGC games. I've posted the links below if you're interested in learning more about them. Thanks for looking
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06993-precision-flipper-shaft-bushing
[quoted image][quoted image]

These look great. I saw Jordan and Rebecca from Fliptronic streaming them.

#3612 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

PM_Jeremy Thank you! Do you have a link to the stream?

Here you go https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1517056316

#3632 1 year ago

Thank you Amazon Now to find a nice 5 pointed badge.

20220707_173643 (resized).jpg20220707_173643 (resized).jpg
#3638 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That's pretty cool. Which color is yours?

Old brass color

#3644 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The antique gold?

yep! I just looked at my Amazon order.

#3658 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

It really isn't a traditional pop. I'll have to take the mine off to get to it. It is really built like a short/narrow slingshot. I see now that there are two switches.[quoted image]

yep, adjust it like you would a slingshot.

#3682 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I got the "Bottom Jet Bumper" adjusted. The mine and the VUK diverter had to come off. It was tight with the waterfall bridge on, but with a leaf tool, I was able to adjust both switches.
A few pages back, someone posted about the ball ejecting from the mine not going into the pops: check the sensitivity of these switches. It made a big difference on my machine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's great you got them adjusted better. My question is, couldn't you have done the adjustment from below the playfield?

#3753 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

(SNIP)
Funny thing, I never saw the train move after 5 games. I'm thinking WTF do I need to do to see the train move? I see there's a motor up there and a pulley system, so the thing moves.
Went into test mode to the Train test and could hear it trying to move.
Prior owner played 10 games and never removed the zip tie that secures the train during shipping.

One of the setup procedures is to cut a zip tie from the back of the train. This zip tie locks the train for shipping. I have an unboxing video that shows me cutting it closer to the end of the video.

-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Have 1500 plays on my CCr, and no broken rubber anywhere. Just bad luck for you, unfortunately.

1500 Nice! Any unusual issues or areas of wear to look out for?

#3796 1 year ago

Here's the first video in this new series for Pinball Mayhem - basically my efforts to make the game "play better". There's also a common blunder that I included at the end of the video (Doh!)
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#3890 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Read through the FAQs and didn’t see this answered.
Does the topper provide any additional callouts during normal gameplay whilst not in shootout mini game?
I’m sure the topper is GI lighting reactive, and includes random motion events, but are there any additional vocal cues during standard gameplay?

From my understanding - yes and no. Yes, in respect to the mode that you can play when using the topper - this mode is shut off on SE games. No, in respect to the fact you can enable this mode without the topper (in the settings) but it is difficult to play without the aiming lights on the topper.

-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#3905 1 year ago

Hmmm, was under the PF diagnosing an intermittent issue when I decided to look at the slingshot switches behind the mine.
20220718_204801 (resized).jpg20220718_204801 (resized).jpg
I reached around to the top side & felt around & thoughtn hmm that feels weird. Think I found one reason why the slingshot doesn't do much on my game. 20220718_204608 (resized).jpg20220718_204608 (resized).jpg

#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Leaf blade is on the wrong side of the rubber ring in the picture on top side of playfield.
LTG : )

Ding ding! Give that man a prize

1 week later
#4186 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

This site is both a blessing AND a curse! Every other day I come THIS close to putting my MB CE up for trade for one of these bad boys.

Well then, you should definitely find one to play first. Put as many games as you feel is right to make a decision. I really enjoy the game set up a bit harder. Turn off the Polly extra ball, raise the angle a bit, and open up the outlanes.

With my skill level and how my machine is setup, I haven't reached the wizard mode (High Noon) on 3 ball after 100 or so games. I did reach it by moving the balls per game to 10. First time was 10 balls and the 2nd time was about 6 balls. I really enjoy streaming this game plus playing it casually.

-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#4191 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ryan with CGC tonight on Twitch. 7pm CST

What Twitch channel will he be on?

#4194 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Flip N Out pinball channel

Thank you

#4197 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have an SE - what is the the factory setting/position for the outlane posts?

I think it depends on when the game was produced. Mine is wide open

#4202 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Can you start it anytime after it is started?
Not sure if I can start it on time.
Thanks!
Richard

Only if they have their settings set to save the video after it is over.

#4244 1 year ago

As I immerse myself in all things Cactus Canyon and stream the game every other weekend (YouTube and Twitch) - I have a question -

What are some strategies for big points? I usually play modes but I like to play my pins multiple ways for variety.

-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#4246 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Block the outlanes and put a big piece of rubber across the playfield under the flippers.

WELL I could do that

I could also spam the mine or Bart...

#4256 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I find that the key is just to play well and avoid side-to-side movement... and even if you don't, I find the right outlane is quite savable with nudging (both of my posts are open all the way).
This isn't like DP where you can say run Katanarama, Berzerker, get 2x-3x PF going, start a mode, and even then get a MB going. CCr is more about just doing your objectives in linear fashion as practically nothing stacks. My strategies...
1) On Skill Shot, no matter what, avoid the Train award. This shot is wide open anyways and defeating it the manual way will light either EB or +5x Bonus (depending on your settings) at the Mine. To lose that benefit right off the plunge IMHO is not worth getting credited 3 shots towards Stampede.
2) When in doubt, hit Bart. Always points, often bounties. Chips away towards Bionic Bart which is real good points.
3) Go for Gold Mine MB early. It's not often I see it twice in 1 game and I want to try to get Mother Lode off the checklist towards High Noon (which is where you will get most of the points in your best games). If you get to Gold Mine MB early and fail to get Mother Lode, the grace period is good, and if still failed you still have the rest of the game to try to get there again.
4) You can stay in Showdown MB for an eternity if you can trap up one ball and work on the drops with the other.
Do those, avoid flailing, and you should be more than fine.

Thank you, great job explaining the strategy

#4310 1 year ago

Here's part 2 of my CCR improvement series where I document the tweaks used to make this particular example "play better" (switch adjustment).
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#4312 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I can link these in the FAQ. What was part 1?

That's awesome. Part 1 was the plunger spring.

#4315 1 year ago
Quoted from gigasturtz:

new CCR owner here! this is the second machine i've owned, the first is a Royal Flush i bought for my father. while i had RF at my house getting it ready to take to my dad i knew i was in trouble and would have to get some pins in my house permanently.
CCR has been very fun to play and learn on but i've had a few problems with it, wanted to make sure to document them here.
the most recurring issue has been the beer mug switch. after a small number of plays the game would start triggering beer mug hits kind of randomly. it was fixed with a switch adjustment but has needed additional adjustments sense.
the river ramp entrance inductive sensor was similarly triggering randomly. after investigating i found one of the wires on the sensor was loose, looked like there was a cold solder joint. easy enough fix (though soldering the wire back to the board was a little tricky since it was the pad with two wires soldered to it) but def frustrating for a brand new machine.
third (maybe this is a common thing with pinball machines?) but sometimes when i put the top glass back in (even at lower volumes) the sound will vibrate the glass with the rubber gaskets and it will sound like the speakers are distorting. if i push on the glass a little it goes away i think.

Congrats on a new machine! My machine had the beer mug switch issue but has been good after the first adjustment. Not sure if it matters, but did you adjust the switch at the base of the switch stack?

I haven't had any issues with inductive sensors (fingers crossed). I did have my glass vibrate once after I slid it back it. A simple slide up and down fixed it.

#4317 1 year ago
Quoted from gigasturtz:

my switch adjustment tool is with the RF and i need to get another one for home. i did my best with what i have here, which is probably why i had to do it a couple of times, heh. pushing on it towards the base definitely has had better results, though i've been hesitant to push too hard without the appropriate tool.

I hear you there. Switch adjustment can be a tricky thing.

#4365 1 year ago
Quoted from attack7777:

Cliffy makes lane guides that fix common ball hop in 80s and 90s Williams games - he provides a good explanation on his site here: https://www.passionforpinball.com/FlipFrames.htm

Unfortunately those won't work because CCr uses a metal bar pressed into the playfield at each end. I've marked it out on the pic below. I'm not by my machine otherwise I would get you a better pic. bar1 (resized).JPGbar1 (resized).JPG

#4408 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Mine is this way also. Don't know how to make a support ticket. Anyone have a link? Didn't see it in the FAQ.

Head to https://www.chicago-gaming.com/support/helpdesk
Click login to our help desk. Set yourself up for a login. Then create new support ticket
-
or your dealer might be able to help you out as well.

support1 (resized).JPGsupport1 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#4721 1 year ago

I really have been enjoying my CCr. I also have been enjoying tweaking things so it plays better. Here's the 3rd installment in this ongoing video series. Enjoy
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#4812 1 year ago

Easter egg found out by twitch user Cellprocessing. Go to original code (remake adjustment) then go to display adjustment & turn off "colorize". Start up a game & you get original animations! This makes a huge visual difference.

20220815_201413 (resized).jpg20220815_201413 (resized).jpg20220815_201419 (resized).jpg20220815_201419 (resized).jpg
#4919 1 year ago

Spotted a broken wire when I went to reflow the solder on the Bart ball popper (4 min video).
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#4987 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

I have yet to see the animation with Polly tied to the tracks.
[quoted image]

Those animations show when you shoot the ramps to complete the Polly objectives. They're usually something you see when other people are playing. It's a blink and you miss it situation.

Here's a video from one of my livestreams. The video will start just as I start the rescue Polly from the tracks. While I miss a few shots I get to her in a minute.

-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#5041 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Also has anyone done the custom logo? What software did you use to do it? Thanks!

I just used paint for this quick logo. I want to dress it up more. This pic is from tomorrows video on setting the game for original code with original dots (thanks Cell Processing for the tip!)

logo (resized).JPGlogo (resized).JPG
#5052 1 year ago

Here's a quick how to video on changing to the original code AND changing to the original dots. It's something that adds some neat variety to an already fun to play machine. A big thanks to Cell Processing for telling me about this undocumented feature. As I had NO CLUE the original dots were in the CGC code.
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#5057 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Does look pretty cool. I actually haven't played the original code yet. I played an original on location before though. If I'm not mistaken I think that this is mentioned in the manual. I read the manual cover to cover when I first got my pin. I'll have to look when I get the chance. Looking forward to your next stream. I work all weekend so I won't be able to watch the stream live though.

Thanks, how to change to the original code is documented. But even Ryan White didn't know that the original dots were in the game when Cell Processing mentioned it in chat.

#5058 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Oops didn't see your post above before. Glad it's in faq here

#5066 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

PM_Jeremy
Also I tried your 10 ball method like you do in your livestreams. It was pretty fun. Completed High Noon on ball 5. By the time I got to ball 10 I decided to shut off the machine so the rediculous scores wouldn't be on my machine. I have only been able to grt to Hign Noon once in a 3 ball game. Been close a couple more times but that's it. I have difficulties getting Motherlode. Hit all the jackpots and drain before I can get it back in the mine. Lol

Awesome! I'm glad you gave 10 ball games a shot. If you're a regular watcher you noticed I really had trouble getting Motherlode the last time I streamed CCr. Some times I get it right away and other times I royally suck But I still have fun. I really enjoy playing and streaming CCr.

1 week later
#5172 1 year ago

Here's part 5 in my CCr improvement series videos - tightening the lockdown bar. Wow what a difference this made in the "solidness" of my machine.
Enjoy- Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#5177 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

A simple but useful fix! Thanks for sharing PM_Jeremy !!

Thanks!

#5189 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Been trying to watch your vids as you post them. You got some really food content. Hope your channel takes off more. Keep up the good work. My wife and I will be attending the Pinball Expo in Schaumburg in October. You going?

Thank you! I'm planning on being at Expo. This will be my first one & I'm really looking forward to it.

1 month later
#6257 1 year ago
Quoted from TahoeTony:

Has anyone had an issue with the train not catching on the pulley? Mine just spins and never moves the train at all.

There is a black zip tie holding the train to the tracks to prevent damage during shipping. Double check it has been removed.

#6346 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

So, I'm wondering on the backglass characters, is the guy on the left holding Polly one of the Barts? if so, and that's how I see it, then who are all the Barts? I see 4 Bart brothers and a Bart sister/wife/whatever, but in game there are only the 3 you fight plus Bionic Bart, right? Any chance the Lyman/Sharpe code update will have more Bart's?
These are the things that concern me.

The baddie holding Polly in my opinion is not a Bart. I think he is a general purpose bad guy. Now the lady Bart interests me. I imagine her to be a Bart sister. I see her weapon is a whip...

1 week later
#6656 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

For those of you who have SE's already and have replaced the rubber.... can you speak to how difficult it is to remove the ramps? From looking at the playfield, it seems that there are rubbers that can't be accessed without fully removing the ramps on both sides.

It wasn't too bad. The hardest was working around the back of the mine. I did remove all the screws for the left ramp and moved it around so I could access various areas.
While not a step by step this video I made may help you.

2 weeks later
#7294 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Not correct. This game uses wire guides. I suppose they could be bent but they are pretty thick.

BorgDog has had success with the low bounce flipper rubber from Titan. This is thinner than standard. BUT he told me that they wear out quickly.

#7426 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Is there a similar shoutout mode on the SE?

I have an SE - you can turn on topper mode in the settings. There's no telling where you are aiming. But I have gotten 11 bad guys on the topper mode without a topper.

Here's where I get 11 bad guys while Livestreaming on YouTube - the video will start at the correct time of the topper mode.
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

1 week later
#7665 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Balls magnetized and not rolling down the ball trough right ? Assuming the ball trough is clean and not obstructions.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

YES! I love this simple bit of plastic. I used it with great success on The Champion Pub. And I will get one for my CCr as soon as I get a Marco order together (might be awhile though).
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

6 (resized).JPG6 (resized).JPG
#7677 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ok now that LE’s are shipping I hope CGC is concentrating on the extended code. Give me some last Lyman magic.

I'm really looking forward to hearing all the original callouts that never made it into the original game.

1 week later
#8067 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Turned off the topper I don’t have. Mini Game didn’t work well and seemed like a general waste of time. Maybe it was waiting on a response from the topper I don’t have, but it didn’t respond well.
[quoted image]

The topper mode certainly does stop all the action in the game. Without the topper (and without aiming lights) - you have to tap or hold the flippers in the direction of the bad guys that pop out. You must imagine your gun starts out aimed in the center - so the first bad guy usually pops out on the right. Tap the right flipper a few times or hold it down and the gun automatically fires when it gets on target. Next guy on the left? tap several times or hold the left flipper. Rinse and repeat.

Here's where I get 11 bad guys while Livestreaming on YouTube - the video will start at the correct time of the topper mode.
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#8074 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

thanks for sharing and for your awesome CCr videos which made me interested in this pin. so just to be clear you played the topper mode without the topper on? couldn’t see top of your machine in the vid

You're most welcome. Correct - I have the SE so no topper.
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

4 weeks later
#9030 1 year ago

Here's a super short video showing the trough "shim" that can make sure the balls always roll down to the end. This issue is due to the original design of the Williams trough. On my CCr I noticed within the first few hundred games that sometimes the solenoid would fire but the ball wouldn't appear in the shooter lane. Of course the game quickly recognizes this and fires the solenoid again. The ball would then successfully be put into the shooter lane. It didn't happen always but enough that the $8 for the shim was certainly worth it.

Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#9147 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Where can I find a topper at? I just joined the club but don't have a topper.

Welcome to the club! What do you think of CCr?
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

5 months later
#12902 10 months ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I am going to, but in comparing to the TPA version on my ipad, it knocks around in the pops when the mine ejects it, but on my real game it does not... so was just curious

There is a slingshot back there too that really helps out. I made an adjustment video when I was dialing my machine in. Thumbnail shows the slings but it includes the adjustment behind the mine also.
Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#12949 10 months ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Anyone know if this part is compatible with the remake? I’d wager it’s probably the part they’re actually using now since it’s available.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-2246

I don't see why it wouldn't work.

47 (resized).JPG47 (resized).JPG
#13001 9 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Hi, balls keep getting stuck in lower pop, I have to wait for the ball search to free it. I tried adjusting the pop leafs to make the gaps closer, they seem more responsive now but balls still get stuck there. Any thoughts?
[quoted image]

That picture is not of a Cactus Canyon. For pop bumper adjustments there is also the centering of the "spoon". This is a very important adjustment so the pop is responsive on all sides.

Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

2 weeks later
#13200 9 months ago
Quoted from rennervision:

northvibe - THANK YOU! It took me a couple of days, but after studying a video of how the ball was passing through that area and touching along the left orbit to feel the opto protruding, your suggestion seemed to fit the situation. I removed the bracket that held the opto in place, then bent it slightly so it was no longer sticking out like in the picture below. I've put in hours of gameplay and nearly every game ended in frustration. Now I get to finally play it the "fun way."
[quoted image]

Congrats on fixing the issue

1 month later
#13615 8 months ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

Definitely! I am still digging this game and play it a bunch. I find the code not to be too shallow as long as you open up the outlanes all the way and turn off extra balls. That is just the way I like to play pinball I guess. I am actually blown away by the build quality and engineering in this thing.
--Scott

Welcome to the group Scott!
Good plan with the game settings.
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

2 weeks later
#13791 7 months ago

Here you go
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#13798 7 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Picking up my first CGC tomorrow and there's a chance of rain in the forecast so I have to take my wives vehicle. Believe it or not, I can't fit a pinball machine in the back of an escalade with the head down. Absolutely absurd but I only have 29 ½ of clearance.
Questions:
1) How hard is it to remove the head of a CGC?
2) What's the easiest way? Lift playfield, remove screws from cabinet, or remove screws from head. (it's an LE with side art decals)
3) Obviously removing the balls, do you foresee any issues with laying the pin on it's side?
Thanks in advanced, looking forward to joining the club tomorrow.

There's not too many connectors. I broke one of the retaining locks on 1 connector but haven't had any issues with it.

Here's the video where I take the head off of mine (required for getting it into my basement). The part you want is 6:16 into the video.
Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#13799 7 months ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

This is exactly my issue. THANK YOU!!

Thanks for the feedback. I hope your repairs go smoothly.

#13802 7 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

My lockdown bar is very tight to get back on , so I'm assuming just loosen the screws a bit?

Yep! take it slow and observe how much you back them off. Also use a screwdriver that fits the screw. Too small of a blade and you could damage the screw.

2 months later
#14326 5 months ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Anyone else have a problem with the Switch 55-Bottom Jet. About every 10 games, I get the error message when powering up the machine. When I’m the switch test, the switch shows it’s closed. When I push on the rubber ring, it shows that it’s open. Is this normal? If so, why the error? Do I need to adjust the switch somehow? TIA

Here's 1 video out of a series where I documented adjustments/changes I made to my CC. This video also shows adjustment of that upper sling by the pops. Hope it helps
Jeremy - Pinball Mayhem

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,800 (Firm)
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PM_Jeremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=PM_Jeremy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.