(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jon9508.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1438 2 years ago

Rapidtac is the easiest way to go. Done a bunch dry and wet. And prefer the rapid tac method.

#1442 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshieB:

What’s up with rapid tac? I’ve never installed art blades before and “easiest way to go” seems right up my alley.

Screenshot_20220416-133348_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220416-133348_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1917 1 year ago

I was told mine will be shipping today. So maybe be late next week it will be here. I will post the build and date when it comes in.

#2043 1 year ago

Mine came into day. Number 1588. Looks like I will be putting in a ticket. My right drop target won't stay up. Spent 2 hours pulling it and taking it apart. Didn't have any luck.

#2154 1 year ago
Quoted from t_robertson:

I’m having an issue where my game turns on but when I press the Start button nothing happens. When I push the flipper button Bart does a callout. Game played fine last week but not today. I’ve turned it off and turned it on but no luck. Opened a ticket w CGC but hoping you all have a quicker answer. Thanks.

Sounds like its not on freeplay. Did someone mess with the settings?

#2168 1 year ago

No sure how in its on ccr. But I know when I tried to tap into the gi string on my mmr to add a rgb strip, the rgb board didn't have enough power to display all of the rgb colors. If I remember correctly everyone worked but the blue(really dim). Maybe they updated the rgb board. I ended up buying their rgb bulbs.

#2204 1 year ago

Not bad for free prints.

20220520_215436 (resized).jpg20220520_215436 (resized).jpg20220520_215445 (resized).jpg20220520_215445 (resized).jpg
#2207 1 year ago

Yea need to paint them for sure. The wood pla was way to light.

#2209 1 year ago

Thingiverse.com

#2213 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Link? Can’t seem to find em.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/train-tracks-for-os-railway-fully-3d-printable-railway-system

Tracks were somewhere else. I only used 2 of the tracks together. Then Used a soldering iron to poke holes in them. And bolted them up.

#2232 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Been playing non stop since i got the game. A blast to play. Can someone tell me what starts the train?

3 shots to the train ramp. I believe.

1 week later
#2479 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

Have to throw out my thanks for the mine cart mod idea. Good excuse to break out the model paints again as well.
[quoted image]

How did you end up mounting it? Double sided tape was only good for a few games then it found its way off.

#2480 1 year ago
Quoted from kapaun:

Does the thingiverse file fit the tracks exactly as is or did you have to scale it?

Surprisingly the wheels fits on the tracks without any scaling.

#2489 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

I can also confirm the cart model fits perfectly on the rails with no scaling.

I'm using some Quakehold museum putty based on recommendations I found sifting through the forums. Just a small amount where each wheel contacts the rail. I've only played probably 10 games with it installed but it's holding so far even with the shaker motor going.
amazon.com link »

Thanks. Orderd some.

1 week later
#2748 1 year ago
Quoted from kcirrick:

I've noticed the mine and the train tunnel are poorly lighted in a dim room. I wanted to add spot lights, but have been stumped finding something RGB that I can hook into the GI. I was thinking of modifying a standard spot light to accept an RGB bulb available from pinball life, but I'm not sure if it would be bright enough. Any suggestions are appreciated.
[quoted image]

Planetarypinball.com sells extra rgb bulbs that are used in the remakes. I had to buy theirs when adding lights to the mmr I had.(pops and trough) I tried other rgb bulbs/strips and they were very dim. Especially the blue.

Found the connectors and wire on ebay.

Screenshot_20220611-132634_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220611-132634_Chrome (resized).jpg
#2790 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Anyone else have trouble getting responses back from tech support ? I've opened a ticket. Sent videos they requested etc . Been crickets . Tickets been open for two weeks with no suggestions. Bart registers hits when ball is plunged or drains or just at random . It also repeatedly trys to kick the ball out of the Bart trough when there is no ball in there.

I had to respond back on my ticket to get them to send my replacment part out. Might have gotten closed by mistake.

3 weeks later
#3712 1 year ago

When I added a trough light to mmr. I had to buy a bulb from pps. Then I spliced into one of the rgb strings. Had to find the connector and rgb wire off of ebay. If yiu don't want the rgb effect. You could most likely use some of the Comet matrix stuff and feed off a gi bulb.

4 weeks later
#4581 1 year ago
Quoted from PDXFlipper:

A Cool mod, and maybe most expensive ever? I saw a link for a 3D printed mine cart and figured I’d give it a shot. Had a friend print it and what do you know, fits PERCECT on the rail above the mine shaft! Got it painted up and now trying to figure out how to secure some gold in there! Gold was panned from northern Cali.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I used quake putty that someone suggested on here. Seems to hold with out any problems.

#4745 1 year ago

2 catcus roller overs. I believe

2 weeks later
#5131 1 year ago

Got my mirror backglass today from gameroom guys. Looks like fedex failed once again. Maybe I can get a replacement or my money back.

20220827_131205 (resized).jpg20220827_131205 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5678 1 year ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

Does anyone have info on when the alternate translite from Flyland Designs will be back in stock? The webpage has this outdated message: "CACTUS CANYON IS ON BACKORDER, I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON A NEW ALTERNATIVE DESIGN AND HOPEFULLY WILL BE PRINTING MORE BY THE END OF AUGUST! "
Also, about topper compatibility. I think there are Topper related menu settings in the regular SE, but will confirm when I get home. I remember something about it when reading through the manual. I realize there could be more to it than software, but I think that's an indicator that the code is the same for SE, SE+, and LE

I have a used for 2 months flyland cc translight. I can sell. I swapped mine out for a mirror bg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,999 (OBO)
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jon9508.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=Jon9508 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.