(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,402 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Golgotha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7789 1 year ago

OK, I have been trolling and watching the Days of our CC LE saga and I am finally going to ask a (simple in my eyes) question. I have been fortunate to have been able to purchase an LE spot. I was fortunate to get my LE through Roger at Starcade which got them through Planetary. I am honestly more grateful to have purchased the LE than bummed about delays. Having said that... I have asked several times about where I am in the queue of the 1250 LE's without much luck. I understand that might be partly due to the fact that my LE is through Starcade who gets their Cactus Canyon LE's through Planetary.

What would personally help me the most. It's obvious that since the LE's are all sold. CGC must know which distributer and 2nd level distributor has games spoken for. I assume that planetary pinball is the vast majority of distributor destinations. How awesome would it be if CGC and or Planetary added a simple webpage that listed the 1250 serial numbers of the LE's, The distributor i.e., Planetary and their status? Seeing other games ship would go a long way in keeping people positive. From what I have seen CGC is in a class by themselves as far as quality. As mentioned by others, I would rather wait longer and get the very best CGC can produce.

One last question. How do some posters here already know their serial number?

#7793 1 year ago

The FAQ mentions that the Cowboys vs Aliens was NOT incorporated but other features of CCC were.

#7814 1 year ago

I was hoping to read the Cactus canyon remake LE manual and review shots and rules, but CGC doesn't have the manual on their support page.

3 weeks later
#8559 1 year ago

I am also am a member of the Starcade LE posse.
Currently waiting on Roger for my mirrored backglass to put with my box of Cactus Canyon toys & upgrades from:
Menzel Mods, Wizard Mod, & Pinball Haus to mention a few.
"Saddle up your horses, we got a trail to blaze!"

#8580 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What did you get from Pinball Haus?

I ordered these cool speaker covers from them. See picture.

17e23a99131f370cae592445b13e6c6681c2d550 (resized).jpg17e23a99131f370cae592445b13e6c6681c2d550 (resized).jpg
#8655 1 year ago

Is this the correct forum to watch when others receive their Motherload (Cactus Canyon Remake SE+ and LE)? I have not seen any new people mention their games arrived. Just checking. Has there been any more details on the piece that needed to be corrected in December? I remember reading production was ramping up after Christmas, but not sure if that was a reality or someone's hope. It has been interesting following some of the technical issues. Very helpful to learn about issues others are having. Thanks everyone for sharing, I truly appreciate it.

#8673 1 year ago

I am curious, being fortunate enough to live near Cactus Canyon in Arizona, does the time configuration have a setting for no daylight savings adjustments?

#8679 1 year ago

I just received email confirmation my mirror backglass has "left the building" and is scheduled to arrive near Cactus Canyon on Saturday. YES!

#8702 1 year ago

I have seen this edition plate or one similar with a cowboy. It looks nice.
My son is a jeweler, and I am kicking around something in tarnish free Silver and then antiqued a bit so it goes along with the theme.
I will post pics when its done.

#8724 1 year ago

It would be cool to have game 626 but if it's a hassle I'll take any. 6/26 is our anniversary.

#8738 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Am I the only one that prefers the original translite art?
Seems the Flyland alternative art is very popular on the remakes but the style just doesn’t fit the games enough for my taste.

I prefer the original for sure, not even a close decision.
For "me" it does not work with the theme.
That is why my Mirrored original version for my LE is being DELIVERED on Monday. A MINUTE after submitting my post the doorbell rang. Guess what arrived?
IMG_6921 (resized).jpgIMG_6921 (resized).jpg

The packing was outstanding. Sandwiched between to honeycomb slabs of cardboard was the glass which was also enveloped in another layer of cardboard!
Thank you Roger!

I had to edit my post after I just noticed a huge cool factor. Take a look at my mirrored backglass and compare it with the stock Chicago Gaming translite. The new mirrored backglass also has the Bally Logo! If that isn't the coolest bit of homage to be given, I don't know a cooler one. I am even more excited that I upgraded it.

StockBackglass (resized).jpgStockBackglass (resized).jpg
#8826 1 year ago
Quoted from theironmaiden:

We went with yellow for aesthetic reasons.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I went with black. My thinking was to focus your eye to the awesome cabinet art instead of the leg mounts. I'd love to show you the more subtle look, however, my protectors are in a box with all of my mods I have been collecting for my LE, propped against the wall with my awesome mirrored backglass. LMAO! After reading about the early games having the leg decal damage potential I went with black. But I have heard (correct me if I am wrong) the problem was fixed, and the legs do not even touch the cabinet art so I may not even put them on if they are not actually protecting anything. Thoughts?

#8830 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I have one of those boxes too. Except there’s no box.
Putting everything in one place sounds like a really good idea …

Yea, it's kind of like taping the brochure of your new Shelby GT500 to the floor of your garage so you can show your friends! The vacant hole in my gameroom is depressing. Ha Ha

#8897 1 year ago

In support of the many depressed Cactus Canyonites that are patiently waiting for their game to arrive, can news strictly regarding game arrival or news about CHC production be posted in "We’re moving to Cactus Canyon! Official Preorder thread" By jfh (1 year ago)- Last post 11 days ago? While I am grateful you guys are identifying and correcting issues I might encounter, I really just want to hear about deliveries and production news. Anything else is just depressing. What do you think? You guys have arrived in Cactus Canyon. We are still waiting for boxes to be unpacked. LOL

#8923 1 year ago

Reposting because it might have become buried with troubleshooting posts....

In support of the many depressed Cactus Canyonites that are patiently waiting for their game to arrive, can news strictly regarding game arrival or news about CHC production be posted in "We’re moving to Cactus Canyon! Official Preorder thread" By jfh (1 year ago)- Last post 11 days ago? While I am grateful you guys are identifying and correcting issues I might encounter, I really just want to hear about deliveries and production news. Anything else is just depressing. What do you think? You guys have arrived in Cactus Canyon. We are still waiting for boxes to be unpacked. LOL

#9045 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its not that bad as u can't see it when the legs are installed

I thought the later games corrected this with slightly thicker standoffs, so legs no longer touch artwork. My thought was that if that is true, and I remember someone sliding paper under the leg to prove that there is no contact then there is really no reason to install the black cabinet protectors I bought. Correct?

#9075 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

He is talking about the mirrored backglass that PPS has made. Mine should be here on Tuesday. Can't wait!

Yea Baby!

IMG_6921 (resized).jpgIMG_6921 (resized).jpg
#9165 1 year ago

In my daily review of collected example pictures. The one attached is my current desktop background. Ok, maybe I need therapy, but it helps pass the waiting time looking at pictures and enjoying unboxing videos while I wait for my own LE. In researching more about the amazing Lyman Sheats, I recently noticed something really cool on the attached picture. If you look in the lower right of the picture you see a Cactus Canyon SE game being worked on. (After looking at it has the LE side rails, so maybe topper was not installed yet.) The cool thing is the display shows "CODE CHAMPION" and then the Initials "LFS". It literally gave me goosebumps. What a cool thing is that! Now that brings me to my question. What is going on to display that? More just curious. I love easter eggs. Anybody know?

039-texas-pinball-festival-2022 (resized).jpg039-texas-pinball-festival-2022 (resized).jpg

#9167 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

When it cycles through the high scores it shows that. Obviously that's not a real high score and it will always be there to honor the man. Pretty cool.

Freaking Awesome!

#9170 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It shows up during high score display / attract mode.
As for Easter eggs - there is another tribute to Lyman, there is a cow in Cactus Canyon and I’m in your picture

Where's Waldo? Or would it be more of a "Highlights" hidden picture deal? I guess I just dated myself eh?
I see 7 people in the picture.

#9172 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Kinda disappointed we haven’t seen more LE unboxings this week.

Scrolling through pictures of OTHER people's LE's shouting LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

#9179 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

love this tribute, and I hope they do even more with the Lyman code.

Speaking of which... Any updated rumors on the saloon door LFS Package?

#9181 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not since Josh’s post from a couple weeks back. And we have no official confirmation of what’s in the upgrade.

Was there any detail of timeframe, or is this "vaporware" and no real details?

#9199 1 year ago

Ever get the feeling that ordering a NIB CGC game is like getting your significant other pregnant?
You get all excited when the decision is made, and invoice is received.
You have a model reveal party. YES, were having an LE!
You buy all sort of bling from Menzel Mods, Pinball Haus, Pinball life, Wizard Mod and Planetary Pinball to name a few.
You get the game room all setup for the new arrival.
You feast on pictures and unboxing videos while you grow weary.
You fight the temptation to become cranky with a bad attitude. "This is my first and last NIB CGC game!".
Labor pains kick in when you get the notice you are ready to deliver.
The long process has tested your faith and possibly damaged a few relationships.
That lovely smell of virgin plastic as you remove the bag off of suffocated Bart. Call the undertaker!
That first DMD greeting by the Cactus Canyon splash screen.
All of the pain is gone, and you begin considering selling another pin to afford the next CGC creation.
Chicago Gaming Corporation. The best pinball source available.

#9202 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Some of the people here apparently need an epidural for their pain. Others want the baby delivered in a month.

Hanging out on Pinside, is like taking Lamaze classes. I am grateful that I am not alone on this adventure.

#9262 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Buzz is mistaken.
I have a few PMs about recent arrivals. And only a small fraction of those with games have posted their details here. At this point I’m not sure anyone waiting will be happy until their game ships. But it is nice to know there haven’t been any reports of games damaged in shipping. Those are always sad and frustrating to see.

I hate to ask, but after reading your post, it brought a question to mind. What happens in the event an LE falls off a truck and is destroyed? Does the poor owner get a replacement LE game? I would hope that would be the case, but with Murphy's Law in full effect I wanted the real answer if known. It would totally suck to finally get a refund instead of the game you have been waiting for.

#9291 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Just got my LE 81 in San Diego. The topper is nuts.

Great news, Congrats!

#9321 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

PPS mirrored backglass installed….[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have to admit the mirrored back glass sure looks nicer than my picture with no game to install it in, sniff sniff! LOL

#9346 1 year ago

I am hearing several distributors mentioned here. I am curious...
How many out there are waiting to hear back from Roger at Starcade for your LE like I am?
He won't tell me how many has been given from Planetary, which is fine.
But not being able to tell me how many are ahead of me in line waiting makes no sense.

#9358 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

LE’s JUST started trickling out. First 100 or so. SE+ is a loooong way off.

I'd say more like a steady drip. LOL

#9430 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I am hearing several distributors mentioned here. I am curious... How many out there are waiting to hear back from Roger at Starcade for your LE like I am? He won't tell me how many has been given from Planetary, which is fine. But not being able to tell me how many are ahead of me in line waiting makes no sense.

I posted a simple question asking if ANY Pinsiders had purchased their game through Roger at Starcade and all I got was crickets. Does this mean that I am the only one waiting with very little to no communication from my distributor/reseller? Maybe my post was quickly buried amongst all of the other posts. We will be over 10,000 by the end of the week.

I texted Starcade a simple question (after several texts were ignored). I am looking to see how many are in front of me. Is it really too difficult of a question to ask? Please try to help me out when you can. I understand you are relying on Planetary pinball getting orders for you, or they may let you know directly from CGC. In any event. Throw me a bone. Please?

#9435 1 year ago

Everyone is in the same boat. Dealers seem to get notice just a few days before the games ship.

Okay we are all in the same boat. So, it could be three more days or three more months? Is it that the distributors/resellers are more interested in additional game sales, and have lost their focus? I would really hope that CGC realizes how bad that would be for their label. How hard is a little communication? Dealers definitely have or should have a list as to which customer will be satisfied with their game next. How hard would a simple spreadsheet creation be? At least it would give a point of reference. I get all of the delays, production issues, etc. I am willing to wait for the best product I can receive. I am NOT asking for too much. Is there a Planetary Pinball resource that watches this thread? I understand knowing you have X people in front of you might cause some follow-up, but really?

#9470 1 year ago
Quoted from DB62:

Honest question to the (LE) owners that have received their pin, or anyone who has played one a lot. Does the TOPPER meet your expectations, exceed your expectations, or you now wish that you would have just purchased the (SE) model?
To expand on my question, please only rate the GAME PLAY of the TOPPER from 1 to 10.
I am asking this, because I possibly have a chance to purchase my friend's (LE) or should I just purchase the (SE) because the TOPPER really isn't all that fun? I have NEVER played or even seen an (LE) pin and my friend is not close to where I live, so I can NOT actually play it, to decide for myself.
Thanks in advance to all of your opinions and thoughts!

In my opinion the topper makes the game. Not only setting it apart visually and complimenting the theme as mentioned by others. The shootout is NOT easy as evidenced by the few youtube videos that show it in action. Another thing to consider is the unknowns of code enhancements of what I call the "LFS saloon door toybox". We have very little details. But leveraging the topper if possible, would be sick. I can't wait until mine arrives here in the Arizona desert where the theme thrives.
I am so glad I pulled the trigger on my LE.

#9506 1 year ago

I am happy to report, that I heard back from Roger at Starcade. Roger said that after talking to Rick Bartlett, Rick thinks he will need a year to build the 2,600 LE and SE+ machines. Don't shoot the messenger. The undertaker has been way too busy these days. At least now I can focus my energy remembering that at least I will get the LE I wanted and celebrate with those that get their games before me.

#9511 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So they’re producing 50 per week? Can someone check my math?

2600 / 52 = 50 That is how the math works out, but the reality might be something else. Who knows.

#9543 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

The Wizard Mod speaker panel magnet looks great!
[quoted image]

They look even better when together with coin door magnet. LMAO

IMG_7018 (resized).jpgIMG_7018 (resized).jpg

#9654 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

See post #9542. It is from Wizard mods and is magnetic.

Please don't make me repost my fridge. It's quite depressing. LOL

#9684 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Finally got the text my LE is in and shipping!!!! From FlipNOut Pinball. Can't wait. Made my day.

How much advance time did you get? Just curious

#9689 1 year ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

I ordered from Zach too, hopefully I hear something soon !!!

I tried to order from Zach first, but by the time I got word his were all gone. I only heard great things about him and his business.

#9699 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

Nos. 172 and 164 have been shipped and received.
[quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent

#9718 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Got my Le tracking. Weather delayed a day so hopefully arrive Friday. Probably do an unboxing for my YouTube channel.

Today's high in Queen Creek Arizona is 54 degrees. Can't blame my delay on the weather!

#9720 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Nice! Can’t wait for the video.

or for a more "Western Vibe"

These are the best I have seen so far.

#9724 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

...I said "if I get good enough". haven't done it yet, but with the EB's it does seem possible. Seems much easier to get to High Noon than AFM rule the Universe or even MB's Monsters of Rock.
All I was saying is that this game seems like it would have good replay even after you've mastered High Noon.

And then after the LFS code, that could add a deeper level of play too.

#9902 1 year ago
Quoted from nvu4prod:

I had system 11 trim already to go for the mirrored BG as suggested. The trim that came with the translite worked perfect!
[quoted image]

Then why were new trim pieces suggested? I have an unopened tube with the suggested pieces. With the other mods I have waiting.

#9933 1 year ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

a small batch of
stainless steel speaker grills are in stock now
just send me a pm [quoted image]

I have a set I ordered that are waiting for my LE. I have a question. Why does it appear that the countersink was not done correctly?
The top of the screw should be flat with the cover if the countersink was done correctly. This picture shows the side of the flat head which indicates that either the screw length is not long enough to allow the flathead to fully seat or the machining was done incorrectly preventing the head to fully seat. Please clarify. The screw heads do not look right. I am hoping I won't have to rework them.

#9943 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

The two designs look slightly similar IMO. I'd go with the version that has the countersunk screw holes as it looks more finished.

I will post a installation when I receive my LE. The countersunk will look substantially more finished. The flatheads sticking up would drive me nuts. I would rather have the flatheads seated correctly over minor added detail. I agree that the non-pinballhaus have more detail. I am guessing the second supplier chronologically tried to add detail to avoid ethical issues. Mine are from pinballhaus.

IMG_7076 (resized).jpgIMG_7076 (resized).jpg

#9956 1 year ago

Another one bites the dust.

#9968 1 year ago

Im actually starting to think I will see my own LE delivered. This is encouraging. Congrats!

#9995 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Does anyone who has or seen the below train station mod know if it significantly blocks the view of the Bart sculp?
I did see one post saying it didn’t, but that was over 7 months ago and was curious if anyone else had installed since then?
https://mezelmods.com/collections/cactus-canyon-pinball-mods/products/cactus-canyon-pinball-train-station
Thanks

Mine are still unfortunately still in the box against my mirrored back glass. I am still waiting for my LE. The right side does not hide Bart but the HUGE thing that it does is hides the ugly spotlight on the right side as well as the train motor. I bought all of the mezel mods except the beer stein and the moonshine jug.

cactus-canyon-pinball-train-statiuon-before-after_large (resized).jpgcactus-canyon-pinball-train-statiuon-before-after_large (resized).jpg

#10094 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Indeed it seems like deliveries have really fallen off this week.

It is truly depressing!

#10109 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

SE’s, go to the back of the line! Lol.
[quoted image]

Sometimes my LE feels like I am in that same line. UGH!

#10113 1 year ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Hey folks.
I'm finally getting my LE. Anyone ever hear of Betson charging $12,500?
My dealer doesn't sell a whole bunch of Chicago Gaming, so he was forced to go to Betson who just passed along an invoice for $12,500! WT heck?
I thought distributors were held to MSRP. I'm getting shafted for an additional $2500.
Is this BS happening to anyone else?
[quoted image]

Didn't your initial invoice state the final price?
I am paying some over MSRP but at least I was told exactly how much over MSRP from the start.
Does not sound ethical to change the price at the last minute.

#10132 1 year ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

My distro (Roger at Starcade) received my payment on Saturday and says that I am #2 in his queue for a game. I will report back with a ship date when I get it, just to hopefully offer some comfort to all of those still waiting for their LE.

Well, I have been asking that exact question of Roger at Starcade and here is what I received...
The Blue colored are my frequent requests for any update. Jan 30th I asked where I was in his queue.
So does that mean Roger lied to you? I sure hope not and that we both get our games in March. March of this year.

Status (resized).jpgStatus (resized).jpg

#10194 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I haven't played CC yet....For those that have, how does it compare to MM or MB? Is it a really fun game?
I'm an okay player and like the fact I know how to get to Battle the Kingdom in MM unlike some other games which are so deep. So having a game that the Wizard mode is achievable like AF and MM is fun for me.
Thanks

Totally agree. I have been one shot away from destroying the ring 6 times. Makes me miss my Gilligan's Island. It was so rewarding, simple but rewarding

#10201 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Funny, I didn't know Gilligan had the Rings!!!!

I was referring to beating the game. Gilligan's island does have "Nice Coconuts" LOL

#10228 1 year ago

Just when you start getting bummed about nobody getting their games (including me) a few get the word! Are there cameras watching?

#10312 1 year ago

I had already planned on using leg protectors but after seeing how the metal plates are on the Cactus Canyon, I actually think that by using protectors they can actually CAUSE the damage that they are attempting to prevent. With the stock legs mounted a business card was able to be slid between the leg and the cabinet. That gap in itself protects the cabinet. Isn't that true? I know the early games had an issue, but that was quickly remediated. I am NOT planning on using protection now. Hmm that sounded weird. LOL

#10315 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Oh wait you meant your machine not the one just posted?! Yes, check the date if it's new, don't put the protectors on, I concur.

My CC LE machine is only a fantasy of mine. I was told March by my distributor, but even THAT had no guarantee. I already have a box of upgrades that are available to all and one special deal that I am the only one to think of implementing. When I get my game, I will post pics.

#10318 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Did the Mezel Mods train tracks (highly recommended), river rescue sign (nice tweak), and train stop building (also nice). All great quality and steps up the overall presentation a notch.

When I threw my money at Menzel Mods they did not have a track mod. My LE has the track, so I was not looking at that if it was even available. These are a few of the mods I have waiting in a box next to the mirrored back glass.

cactus-canyon-pinball-train-stop-before-after_large (resized).jpgcactus-canyon-pinball-train-stop-before-after_large (resized).jpggold-mine-sign-before-after_large (resized).jpggold-mine-sign-before-after_large (resized).jpgcactus-canyon-pinball-train-statiuon-before-after_large.jpgcactus-canyon-pinball-train-statiuon-before-after_large.jpgriver-rescue-sign.jpgriver-rescue-sign.jpgCoin  door.jpgCoin door.jpgSpeaker panel.jpgSpeaker panel.jpgIMG_7076.jpgIMG_7076.jpg
#10338 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Flattening my speaker panel cover.
Took me about 45 minutes to find where in the garage I put the box.
Robert
[quoted image]

Mine have been on my fridge for several weeks.

Magnets (resized).JPGMagnets (resized).JPG
#10366 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Planetary sent out an email saying I’m in the 3-6 month group..looking like almost 2 years from deposit date. Never thought I’d have both Elvira and Lebowski before this. Hopefully CGC figures out their manufacturing and communication process on the next one.

There WON'T be a next one for me. My first and last NIB order from CGC.

#10419 1 year ago

It fits just fine with the existing edging. Looks awesome, you will love it.

I have some unopened I will sell you, LMAO

#10548 1 year ago

$600 from Chicago to Evansville, IN 350 miles
$550 from Chicago to San Ramon CA, 1,833 miles
They have a word for that robbery! You would think shipping is determined more by distance.

#10586 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

For those posting their new arrivals...
Including the order date would also be useful for those of us trying to gauge delivery estimates.

AND the distributor to give others with same distributor hope.

#10622 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

It’s more than software. It’s an upgrade kit. People would lose their minds if CGC was building upgrade kits instead of the backlog of games buyers have been waiting for well over a year.

I thought I just saw a teaser for Pulp Fiction. What is that? more than an upgrade kit its a new game. Unless I misread it.
https://www.knapparcade.org/post/raw-thrills-chicago-gaming-company-tease-new-pulp-fiction-pinball-machine
Seems like biting of more than you can chew IMHO. And we continue to swallow it.

#10623 1 year ago

Seems like biting of more than you can chew IMHO. And we continue to swallow it.

#10635 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'll be ordering tomorrow!!. Unless we get the 6" of snow forecast

Well I do not have snow in Sunny Arizona. I just don't have my game yet.
Curious what the resiliency is on the colored pistols. Is that ink or engraved?
Looks real nice. My son is a jeweler and I have a few ideas. We'll see.

#10646 1 year ago

This is how I am starting to feel about this forum...
What is that movie line....

It feels like Space and CGC are the same entity

scream (resized).jpgscream (resized).jpg
#10658 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Tomorrow night, when I bring cactus home, I'm putting this thread in a time out . Same banter over and over.

Hmm, WHEN I get my LE I'll stop being obsessed with all the thread drama because I will be shootin' for High Noon! No longer needing to hear of other distributors being awesome and see their games all sparkly clean and powered up. I don't care what freaking number I get, ok!? I'd gratefully take 666 of 1250, because this experience at times is hellish. LMAO

#10735 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I poked all around the Mine mechanism area and don't see anything that activates in switch test as "Switch 15 Mine Entrance" as identified in the manual and what the game is asking me to check as a tech alert. Where is switch 15? I also had ran the switch test that cycles thorough switches automatically but it doesn't activate that. I can find the switch in the list when cycling through all switches, but again, I haven't found anything that activates as switch 15.
[quoted image]

The link to the Manual online does not work. Has CGC been engaged to fix the broken link? C'mon CGC at least give us people in line something to occupy our time. Fix the freaking link! This is nauseating!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#10743 1 year ago

"For others looking for the doc the contents can be found in the FAQ - see post #2, Physical Adjustments/Inductive Sensors"

I am looking for everything NOT listed in the FAQ. Game rules, Shot details, Strategy. Ya know, the fun-colored pictures stuff for us kids that keep asking "Is it posted yet". I see absolutely no reason why the current manual is not posted. The reason "because its being updated" should never be an excuse. It's the little things that bring forgiveness of many large things. C'mon CGC post the freakin' manual. Not having it AND keeping it updated is a slap in the face to the customers you still have. It's also a turn off for customers you Don't yet have.

#10777 1 year ago

The mine cart looks nice.
My suggestion is this,
When the mine cart is filled it's is not with refined gold in bar form.
It looks cool, just a thought

#10781 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I'm getting my SE+ in 3 months. For those that have topper, would you be happy without it after having played with it in game?
Just wondering, is it worth the Extra 1250 ? Thx

My thought is more on the lines of this...
Is the LE really worth more than the SE+ since the only thing that can't be upgraded is the much cooler apron.
I have an LE on order. Just looking for thoughts.

#10791 1 year ago

Pulp Fiction
9499 + Freight + Tax If applicable For Limited Edition - $2000 Non Refundable Deposit
7999 + Freight + Tax If applicable For Special Edition $1000 Non Refundable Deposit
Production Expected to Start In October of 2023

#10794 1 year ago

The thing that annoys me the most is that they will go into great lengths to get people to bite. Look at this: https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/pulp-fiction They have time for this, but we can't even get updated shot graphics for Cactus Canyon. Well I'm grateful for the manual!

#10801 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Post above your has a working link.
LTG : )

Sucked that down as soon as I saw it.

#10814 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

They still have no punishment for distributors who sell at a higher price though.....

Yea, punish all or none. It just shows a subtle shade of who they are as a company. People are noticing.

#10846 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not sure if this was meant as a ioke but…..
10-32 does not mean 10/32nd….
First number is screw size (diameter). In this case #10
Second number is threads per inch. In this case 32.

10-24 is a coarse thread since there are 24 threads per inch.
10-32 is a fine thread since there are 32 threads per inch.
You always want to finger tighten when figuring out which thread count because a 10-24 bolt can destroy a 10-32 threaded hole if forced.

#11002 1 year ago

Am I the only one to be grateful I am waiting for a CGC game instead of a JJ game? Does the JJ game come with a fork? wiring nightmare. Or was this some spoof to hide what game it was? I seriously don't know.

Clean under playfield (resized).jpgClean under playfield (resized).jpgJJ-new game, no thanks (resized).jpgJJ-new game, no thanks (resized).jpg
#11056 1 year ago

Has anyone else been waiting for Starcade? How many on here received their games from Starcade? Just curious

#11085 1 year ago

Does anyone have #626? It might not even be an option, but that would be very cool to have my anniversary June 26th Does anyone know if there is any way to get that number? Is there a process? My game is coming from Starcade by way of PPS. Any insight would be appreciated.

#11106 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

#374 is home. Plays great out of the box, so far. Love this game and FINALLY have one!
Shout out to my buddy, JD! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like the barrel cup holder. Do you have a link or source where you wrangled it?

#11147 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I went with the bone, painted option. Was $22, but for a few dollars more, it's still a cheap mod that really looks like it came from the factory.

I went with a smaller scale bone colored. For the same price I got a bag of 5. I like the more subtle size. If anyone only wants one, I will send you one for $5. I only need 2. PM me.

Skulls (resized).jpgSkulls (resized).jpg

#11154 1 year ago

All Skulls have been spoken for. I will send them out this Saturday at the latest.

#11172 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

people were skinny back in the wild west days, starving all the time and such.

And shouldn’t she look a little more appealing? Is she wearing combat boots? Maybe the girl in Green is not Polly, but that would conflict on the Backglass in my opinion. I updated my post with screen shot of Polly tied down, and once resued. This is what the girl needs to look like to match the game. Agree?

A6C81277-9019-43EC-8B56-1284252A8392 (resized).jpegA6C81277-9019-43EC-8B56-1284252A8392 (resized).jpeg
Tied Polly (resized).jpgTied Polly (resized).jpg

Rescued Polly (resized).jpgRescued Polly (resized).jpg

#11191 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I believe it is modeled off of the Polly on a log as seen on the left ramp artwork.
[quoted image]

They need to use the models I sent in the screen shots! The one they are using looks like a Carol Burnett skit.

#11210 1 year ago

Any new teasers about LFS Saloon package?

#11215 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, it’s not called the “LFS Saloon Package”
(Does that count?)

Not nice to disrespect my honor to the greatness.
Has CGC actually come up with an official name?
I guess that would be a step. If not I like my name “LFS Saloon Package”

#11240 1 year ago

I was under the impression that the Beer stein hit was hard coded at 10 and not changeable. I was bummed when he said that in the demo thinking it would be cool lower until you are up to speed with the game flow.

#11252 1 year ago
Quoted from rogerdodger:

Hi Guys:
New LE owner here...
I did check FAQs but maybe I missed something.
Can someone please gently explain, step by step, the topper gunfight?
I know how to qualify the gunfight on the topper and how to move the LEDs back and forth by using the flippers but what and when am I shooting for? Also, how do I actually fire my gun at the bad guy?
Also, the bad guy rocks back and forth when I lose the gunfight (which is every time, at the moment), but I never see him raise his arms to shoot me!
I did look at some Youtube vids but no-one actually explains what's going on!
A detailed step by step explanation of the gunfight sequence, etc., would be very much appreciated.
Thanks.
Roger

But I could not find any printed instructions for Topper game play. The video said it is set at 10 and not changeable. That is incorrect. Maybe (hopefully) in revised manual.

#11268 1 year ago

I wanted to give you all a heads up that I am creating my own Polly water mod. Details to follow soon. I took feedback that was provided. Stay tuned

#11384 1 year ago

Well don't laugh at the lack of detail, but this is all I have for the Polly concept. Prototypes hopefully in 2 weeks. Colors are trying to match the back glass as well as the Polly tied to tracks picture. Feedback welcome.

Polly-Tease (resized).jpgPolly-Tease (resized).jpgTied Polly (resized).jpgTied Polly (resized).jpgPolly-Painted (resized).jpgPolly-Painted (resized).jpg

Polly back glass (resized).jpgPolly back glass (resized).jpg
#11412 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Well don't laugh at the lack of detail, but this is all I have for the Polly concept. Prototypes hopefully in 2 weeks. Colors are trying to match the back glass as well as the Polly tied to tracks picture. Feedback welcome.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

OK, I only want to ask one time. Here is my dilemma. Polly is in a blue dress pictures on the ramp (terrible cartoon), but in the video when saved on the DMD she is in a green dress. I personally think matching the back glass makes the most sense. Partially because you will see the correlation between the two. Also, in my opinion the green dress gives better contrast to the blue water.
So what do you think looks better? BLUE, or GREEN?
Personally for my game, I am matching Polly on back glass over the cartoon in combat boots. Green all the way. I want to see what you all prefer. Thanks

#11436 1 year ago
Quoted from pugface:

I take the backglass to be canon - Polly is a redhead in a green dress.

I am leaning on Green, as stated matches back glass, but I also understand Polly Prolly has more than one. More than anything I just want to cover the Olive Oil cartoon. What were they thinking? Thanks. I will paint a Green and a Blue and see which looks best. Leaning on Green

#11449 1 year ago

Regarding the benefits of the knocker. I see the coolness of match, but the timing of the knocker knocking doesn't it interfere with the DMD drunk dude bullets video for extra ball? I usually turn off the match feature after a while because after all, the games are ALL free. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I had the pieces in my cart and then thought more about it. So, what are the real benefits then?

#11490 1 year ago
Quoted from DBP99:

Hey guys!
Received 466 and am setting up. I was adding the speaker mods (ones with the stainless 2x guns) and I had one of the security screws fall off the towel on top of the glass and some how must have jumped, bounced and flew 30 feet to the mystery hiding spot that I will find 21 years from now. UUGGHH!
I looked around on the internet and cannot find the exact part (#6 3/4 torx). I did email CGC as well. Anyone happen to know where these may be sold or happen to have an extra one laying around that they would sell me? Thx Dave
[quoted image]

There are two suppliers for the pistol speaker covers. One was done at a much higher attention to detail with chamfered mounting holes. When I get my LE I will take pictures. There is no way (IMHO) using a panhead on a chamfered mounting hole will look cleaner than using the designed flat head screw. After looking at the picture it appears the picture is from the source that did not chamfer the holes. This is a 5-minute task at any machine shop. Here is a picture of mine that clearly show the chamfers. Just have them chamfer the holes. I just noticed another difference between the two suppliers. The one mentioned without chamfers also has a narrower band that does not cover the speaker. The chamfer version completely covers the speaker band which also looks cleaner. Since the mounting outer band is so much narrower, there might not be enough material to chamfer. Worth a trip to a local machine shop. The dude down under gets my vote!
IMG_7076 (resized).jpgIMG_7076 (resized).jpg
Bad Speaker covers (resized).jpgBad Speaker covers (resized).jpg

#11494 1 year ago
Quoted from DBP99:

Hey guys!
Received 466 and am setting up. I was adding the speaker mods (ones with the stainless 2x guns) and I had one of the security screws fall off the towel on top of the glass and some how must have jumped, bounced and flew 30 feet to the mystery hiding spot that I will find 21 years from now. UUGGHH!
I looked around on the internet and cannot find the exact part (#6 3/4 torx). I did email CGC as well. Anyone happen to know where these may be sold or happen to have an extra one laying around that they would sell me? Thx Dave
[quoted image]

Quoted from LTG:

I was responding to GCS2000's missing track screw.
Not the speaker covers.

I quoted the wrong post , thanks. I fixed it

#11603 1 year ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

The culprit.[quoted image]

That connector is a bit on the loose side I'd say. LMAO

#11640 1 year ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Once you start using invisiglass....you won't go back and will be forced to use it forever.

I had it in my Indiana Jones and it was in a glass by itself! Punn intended. I will be purchasing Invisiglass for my Cactus Canyon LE.
Unfortunately Planetary does not currently offer Invisiglass, but I found it without the Jersey Jack logo at Pinball Life.

Standard Width:
https://www.pinballlife.com/invisiglass-non-glare-playfield-glass-standard.html?Category_Code=

Widebody:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=invisi_wb&Category_Code=

$239.99 for Standard and $249.99 for Widebody

#11745 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

And what does the stuck ball do? LOL

I though that BB's metalic future ball where he gazes to see when his bar doors will arrive.

#11810 12 months ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

Hmmm. Top 10? I wouldn't put it there, but it is close. CC and BBB were low production units at the end of an era. If they were not rare I don't think they would even be remade as they are not that great. CC is a fun game and I think it may get even better, but it is no TZ, MM, or LOTR.

I have owned awesome examples of both Indiana Jones pinball adventure and Medieval madness. I sold both of these, and I believe Catus Canyon will be more fun to more people than both of these games that visit my game room. I also have a Lord of the rings, which is also a keeper. Once the LFS package is available, I am hoping that the rules become a bit deeper. I play to have fun. It's not about dominating the rule set so I can sell it and move on. But that is just me.

#11828 12 months ago

Has anyone heard when next batch from Planetary will be here? Seems like the arrival posts have slowed to a crawl lately. Anyone get their game that hasn't shared the good news?

#11857 11 months ago

Chicago Gaming Company Expanded Code for Cactus Canyon Still Coming, Not Close to Being Ready
Fans and owners of Chicago Gaming Company's Cactus Canyon Remake have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of new, expanded code and possibly some other sort of related mod such as rumored saloon doors that go in front of Bart for quite some time. The new code was the last project that was worked on by the legendary pinball coder Lyman Sheats prior to his tragic passing, making it even more anticipated. From the sounds of it Cactus Canyon Remake owners are going to have to wait a while longer.

Josh Sharpe, who was working with Lyman on designing the expanded code for the game, stated on Pinside yesterday and again this morning that while much of the new code is done, "much is left to implement. The rules design is complete. The code is not. The art is not. The sounds and speech are not." He went on to add "There's still a good amount of work to be done." No specific timetable was given for the expansion's arrival, Josh stated that while it's possible, he wouldn't count on it being ready this year.

#11863 11 months ago

I am grateful that Knapp actually SHARED some details that I was not aware of. I would rather have a date, even if its not the date I wanted. The added detail was gravy. Anyone that criticizes a informative source in a negative way, just because they said it like it is needs to change their attitude. I am looking forward to when my LE finally ships to me. Next year will be here before you know it. I try to focus on things from a glass half full prospective. I tend to be happier when I do.

#11866 11 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Did they provide a date? I must have missed that part.

No specific timetable was given for the expansion's arrival, Josh stated that while it's possible, he wouldn't count on it being ready this year.

#11938 11 months ago

Very cool. I have heard I am not far behind, but have not received the golden ticket call yet. It would be cool if by some miracle I was able to get #626 which is our anniversary.

#12005 11 months ago
Quoted from binary01:

I like mirrored backglasses and I have to say that the one for this game looks fantastic! - it’s worth the money. The mirror detailing is something pictures just can’t capture. I’ll be putting my glass in when the game arrives. I haven’t seen it backlit yet, and I’m eager to see how the colors look.

The other really cool touch that is different from the stock back glass is that the Mirrored version sports the Bally logo in the upper left, which I really like. The stock back glass does NOT have the Bally logo.

Backglass-Mirror (resized).jpgBackglass-Mirror (resized).jpg
#12015 11 months ago

The Polly mod I am making will have pictures posted this weekend at the latest to also give options. I am making a small batch of twenty.

#12063 11 months ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Mirrored looks nice but I prefer Brain Allen alternate translite.
[quoted image]

Thats why there are options.
For me I appreciate Brian's artwork, but it's WAY too dark for the game in my opinion.

#12073 11 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

This statement is NOT TRUE.
There has been plenty of work done, plenty of work fully completed, tons of programming specific to this update done, tons of graphics specific to this update done, tons of callouts specific to this update done . . . all already integrated into the game that I'm fortunate to be able to play and enjoy in my basement.
HOWEVER, there are still things left on our list to be implemented that require programming, graphics, call out work, etc. to be done before this thing is "done done".

How about a video of some potential awesomeness?
I got all excited just thinking about it.

#12103 11 months ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Hahaha. I’m glad you liked it and I’m pretty sure you’ll love the game. Thanks for listening!!

To be honest I listened too, but fast forwarded to when Cactus Canyon was discussed. I appreciate your desire to see the vision unfold and be available.

#12104 11 months ago

Cactus Canyon
Polly in Peril Mod
Instant association with Polly on the back glass.
Comes mounted on clear acrylic.
Does not interfere with Mezel Mod River Rescue.

Only 20 available!
~ $75.00 ~
Includes shipping to lower 48 states.

First 20 to secure payment.
PM me (Golgotha) on Pinside
or email at [email protected]

Polly-Market1 (resized).jpgPolly-Market1 (resized).jpg
#12106 11 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Would look MUCH better with Satin clear vs gloss.

That is very interesting because our marketing research group voted 4 to 1 for gloss over satin clear.
Some said satin made Polly look "cheap". I guess there is 1 in every crowd.

#12108 11 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where is this suppose to mount?

I will be providing additional pictures this week. My game arrives on Monday. Here is the general area downstream of the river rescue.

06337d700d2ce28541f928188c56d7b3887a5a07 (resized).jpg06337d700d2ce28541f928188c56d7b3887a5a07 (resized).jpg
#12111 11 months ago

San Tan Valley? I am in Queen Creek in Montelena. I used to live in STV near Hunt/Bellavista near Fry's in Rancho Bell Vista. Heck I can hand deliver if interested and save $10
Let me know

#12127 11 months ago
Quoted from Mully911:

Nit picking here. looks like the rope size may be out of scale. The rope would be like 4" diameter full scale.

What you need to realize is that in anything in pinball it's about perspective and visible detail. When standing playing the game what characteristics do you want to focus on that will be easily seen visibly three feet away. So, while the rope might look a tad bit hefty to you. The rope looks perfect in my opinion all things considered. I looked at thinner and it just didn't look right at the game play distance. My game is coming today and I will be able to post the mod installed with pictures from in play distance. Hopefully you will see what I mean then.

#12131 11 months ago

#603 is out for delivery!

#12144 11 months ago

#603 is in the house! The fit and finish is beyond incredible. Mirror back glass is way cool. The coin door & speaker magnet are awesome. Speaker covers complete the head. Those are the only upgrades I could do before playing a bunch of games. The only issue that I noticed was the center bad guy would laugh at you and stay up on a direct hit the first few games but after that he settled down and dropped as he should. Sound is amazing. The shaker adds a cool effect. The last picture is of the box. Is that a sign of Saloon doors to come? The topper is in a class by itself. It's totally worth the wait.

unboxing1 (resized).jpgunboxing1 (resized).jpgunboxing3 (resized).jpgunboxing3 (resized).jpgunboxing4 (resized).jpgunboxing4 (resized).jpgSaloon door tease (resized).jpgSaloon door tease (resized).jpg
#12173 11 months ago

Here are some pictures of Polly installed.

Install2 (resized).jpgInstall2 (resized).jpgPolly-Market1 (resized).jpgPolly-Market1 (resized).jpg
#12179 11 months ago

The only thing I would have changed would have been to Mirror the Bally or make the Bally logo red. But it looks good in a subtle way as well. I love it too.

#12201 11 months ago

OK, embarrassing question. After playing a mess of games on my CCLE a friend came over and commented that it played hyper fast. I said I was so excited about playing I just raised the back legs a bit and played. Well I just measured the pitch and I wanted to set it to the Manual spec of 6.5 or 7. It was at 14!
I know this sounds lame but I can't seem to adjust the legs to get near 7 degrees. Normally games have the rear levelers extended more and the fronts shorter. That was when at 14 degrees. I then bottomed the rears and raised the fronts. I was able to get down to 12. What the heck is wrong? I have never had this happen before. This is my first NIB game. I would think lowering rear vs front should not make a difference. All 4 legs have the same protectors so that is not a factor. The legs are all the same right?

L1 (resized).jpgL1 (resized).jpgL2 (resized).jpgL2 (resized).jpg

#12204 11 months ago

Others are not having too much trouble with this.
Is the floor terribly uneven?
Are you mesuring on the playfield, not on the glass?
You cant possibly set it right by measuring off the glass, it will be WAY off.
I wont have my game until next week, so Im probably of little help.

Yep measuring off the glass LOL. re-calculating... Thanks

#12245 11 months ago

You can also find Polly on pinside shops.

Polly-Market1 (resized).jpgPolly-Market1 (resized).jpg
#12259 11 months ago

Finally made it to high noon. OMG I never had this much fun on Medieval Madness or Indiana Jones Pinball adventure. This game is a keeper! And the new code and Mech will make this a top 5 in my opinion.

IMG_7701 (resized).jpegIMG_7701 (resized).jpeg

#12307 11 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Also has anyone made a good shooter rod with a figure on it. Like Bart head on one would be cool on all my games I’ve got shooter rods that go with the game but can’t really find nothing for this one

I am currently working on one

#12337 11 months ago

sounds like a defective lower cabinet.
My glass fits perfectly and tighter than many of my older games, game #608
CGC should just send you a lower cabinet.
Im confident you could switch the parts over.
Its not a perfect world, but thats what I would shoot for.

Mine is #603 and I have never had glass tighter, but this is my first NIB! Love this game so freaking much. "Shoot the bad guy!"

#12338 11 months ago

No way man, I love the RGB, IT ROCKS !

The magical way the color scheme progresses throughout the game is worth the price of admission.

#12344 11 months ago

There is a new mod available for our beloved Cactus Canyon. Take a look.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1510-creekside-hideaway-llc/08559-shooter-guide-label

There have been times when I have played and needed to get promoted or reach a specific option while shooting the ball. The current Cactus Canyon guide space is a blank wasteland. The designed piece is now an available mod to upgrade. This label complements the denim theme with various bullets to aid in your shot.

$10 plus Free shipping to lower 48 states.

Shooter guide (resized).jpgShooter guide (resized).jpg

#12378 11 months ago

Just finished a great movie, "The man who saved pinball". In my humble opinion. It should be required viewing to be a member on Pinside. If that movie doesn't make you happy nothing will. I highly recommend it.

The man who saved pinball (resized).jpgThe man who saved pinball (resized).jpg
#12388 11 months ago
Quoted from audihere:

I noticed today that the ball was not exiting my train track ramp down thru the metal hole on the left. Instead it was actually bypassing the hole and “jumping the tracks”, but actually landing right where it was supposed to. 100% jumping off the rails. Had to watch it a few times just to see what was going on.
Does anyone else have this mod? The ball was clipping the barrel on the mod and jumping off the ramp. I have the Train Stop mod taped down as flush as possible to front of the original metal piece. I had to tweak the metal pretty hard to get the ball to completely clear the barrel and exit the ramp as intended. [quoted image]

No need to remove the barrel! When I installed my Mezel mods I dry ran the ball and it DID bump into the barrel. The mod mounts to a tin metal angle. All I did was with my hand realign the tb to clear better. Once I did that no problem at all.

#12486 10 months ago

** Memorial Day SALE! **
Use Coupon Code "Memorialday10" For 10% off! Limited time, Order now
My two Cactus Canyon Mods are on sale.
River Rescue Polly, which can be found here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1510-creekside-hideaway-llc/08528-river-rescue-polly
~and~
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1510-creekside-hideaway-llc/08559-shooter-guide-label

Enjoy the weekend!

Shooter guide (resized).jpgShooter guide (resized).jpgmkt1 (resized).jpgmkt1 (resized).jpg
#12499 10 months ago

I think the shooter gauge decal would look better if it matched the wood grain of the wooden apron and had wood burning "look" engraving.

I specifically chose the design so it would look just as good on an SE (that doesn't have woodgrain) as it does on the LE. I chose to match the playfield since both levels share the denim theme.

#12529 10 months ago

I received a message to check lower jet switch 55. I went into test mode and was looking around. I went to solenoid test mode and set repeat mode to on. I can scroll thru the list but not a single solenoid fires, which seems weird. Is that normal? Not much of a test in my opinion. Going into autoburn and letting it cycle twice seemed to clear it.

Another question is about the sdcard It looked like there is a port on the daughter board in the head. There is no specification for the type of SD card it requires. It also doesn't say anything about how to save the current Chicago Gaming logo. Anyone have a clue? I have a custom .Bmp file I made. I put it on a USB stick and then realized it uses SD cards.

#12565 10 months ago

A new Mod is ready for your review and purchase.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1510-creekside-hideaway-llc/08637-bally-pinball-custom-logo

Price: $25
If you want something else reach out to me and I will consider offering it as well.

Custom Logo1 (resized).jpgCustom Logo1 (resized).jpgCustom Logo2 (resized).jpgCustom Logo2 (resized).jpg
5 months later
#14450 4 months ago

I thought I would show my recent additions to my Cactus Canyon LE. Let me know what you think. I added the Sherrif, Undertaker and two dead Bad Guys. Also added a rattlesnake to my River Rescue. Also shown is my Polly in Peril Mod that I sell in my store.

Installed (resized).jpgInstalled (resized).jpgRattlesnake (resized).jpgRattlesnake (resized).jpgInstall2 (resized).jpgInstall2 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#14739 3 months ago

Is there any update on the Cactus Canyon Lyman code upgrade and toy package? I see there is another mod for Rosies Saloon Bar doors. Isn't that the toy most likely in the Lyman package?

#14746 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yup. Post 14729

Ok, I didn't think to do a search for the latest post regarding the status. Thank you for NOT being like others and take the moment to take out your own bitterness to bash on someone else. I thought it was hinted at being mid-year 2024. My CCLE is bolted to the floor, so I am fine with being patient. I guess we need to have one of those signs that says <place to enter number> Days since someone asked about Lyman package for CC.

1 month later
#15048 64 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Mezel does a mod for this. Have it on mine. Looks great, seems durable

I have the mezel mod. It broke as well. My solution that has held up is to epoxy a washer on both sides as a splint. The material just can't take the constant pummeling. The Mezel Mod looks way cooler too. No I am not paid for the endorsement, but they make some sick mods. They know my credit card by first name basis. LOL

#15062 63 days ago

Is there any Lyman code update?

1 month later
#15373 13 days ago

I am again having the same issue that popped up a few months after my LE was delivered. Any ideas? Here is my ticket that I just submitted...

The only ticket I have submitted is happening again. When you shoot the ball the options show on the screen and as ball trips the switch award choices change a few times or none at all as soon as the ball is launched the reward is selected and displayed on the screen. Sometimes when the ball is loaded prior to launch the reward is displayed and disables the switch. I have run the switch test and manually launching the ball and it closes and opens as designed and appears to work 100% showing open and closed each time it goes around when in switch test. This happens 90% of the time. Rarely will the awards scroll the same number of revolutions prior to giving award. I replaced the harness once which was a pain.

The switch test passes 100%. What else can it be. When I replaced the harness it worked perfectly for a long time then blammo back to not working correctly 95% of the time. It sucks having this issue again.

#15375 13 days ago

I am not sure how to make an awesome suggestion to the Lyman package under development.
I believe this would make Cactus Canyon a top 5 game.

When I play my other favorite game my Stern Jurassic Park Premium (From 2019),
I have these options and several other game specific.
Can the Chicago gaming developers take a look and add these to the Lyman package?
There is no need in my opinion to develop the entire connect infrastructure.
The "players" can be as they are "Player 1", "Player 2", "Player 3" and "Player 4".
That would greatly simplify the code.

The three game modes could be:
Standard: The full rule sheet is available. The default.
Cooperative: All game progress is saved between players.
Team Play: Splits players into teams (2 x 2 or 1 x 3) that share all game progress.
The 1x3 is an awesome way for a seasoned player to take on multiple players and make it enjoyable and a challenge for both.
I have done a similar thing with friends to equalize ball time. "You be Players 1, 2 & 3 and I will be Player 4". While this balances ball time (not always, tee hee) it does not add up the score which would make it super cool.

It would be awesome if they included this feature in the Lyman upgrade code.
I thought another awesome idea that Jurassic Park is LACKING would be when Team Play is selected there is a "Victory" screen.
"Team Players 1 & 2"
"WIN!"
or
"Team Players 3 & 4"
"WIN!"
or
"Tag Team Players 1,2 & 3"
"Win!"
or
"Out gunned but not outmatched"
"Single Player 4"
"Wins!"

This code concept was developed by Stern back in 2019, however this approach not involving Connect is simpler and cleaner.
It would be an awesome addition for games on location as well as for in home use.

Please forward this to the current developers. I can imagine this would bring a smile to Lyman.
Please!

#15376 13 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Put it on Youtube and post the link here.

Done

#15379 11 days ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Try reseating the connector under the playfield. I had this problem before and this solved the issue. You can even put a small dab of hot glue to hold the connecter in place. I haven't had this problem since.

Reseat which connector? I am thinking it is related to the switch located under where the ball is loaded ready to be launched. Sometimes the reward is selected before the ball is even launched. That is why I think its the lower switch 18 "shooter lane" (shown on manual page 2-66) is at fault. The solution last time was to replace the small harness that includes the switch 67 in the "skilll bowl" (shown on manual page 2-66). Since the shooter lane switch was not changed initially, why did the symptom go away for months?

Reward issue switches (resized).jpgReward issue switches (resized).jpg
#15383 10 days ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

It’s switch 68 that awards the skill shot, it’s attached to the bottom of the ramp and the ball travels over it after leaving the bowl.

I disagree, because sometimes the ball is placed in the shooter lane and before even touching the shooter rod the award is given. The ball is sitting on the closed switch ready to be launched. The award was given and off of screen. It is launched and no change because award was already given. That is why I think the issue is tied to switch 18.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Golgotha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=Golgotha and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.