(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#192 2 years ago

Just got to play one in the wild! It’s as awesome as I expected.

48E411C0-8FB9-4CCA-94BF-1915951C0859 (resized).jpeg48E411C0-8FB9-4CCA-94BF-1915951C0859 (resized).jpeg
#198 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Shout out to Reboot also!
I had the same impression!!

Yup! Love Reboot!

#280 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Any location places in Colorado getting one of these? Windfall Brewery needs one of these to match the kick ass LE line up. My favorite place place to go now.

1UP on Colfax in Denver has a CCR.

3 months later
#2941 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

gorditas Those two games compliment each other so well & look absolutely awesome side by side, I’m positive you made the right move

Agreed. I have a spot beside my IJ reserved for CCr LE whenever it arrives. I’m so excited to get this game.

#3053 1 year ago

I got the mirror backglass email from PPS as well. It says you can order it at midnight tonight. Does anyone know if that’s Eastern time or some other time zone?

2 weeks later
#3630 1 year ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

I've been debating getting a Cactus Canyon as my first "new" machine, but I'm wondering if its value will hold up over time or increase in a similar fashion to Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, etc. after CGC no longer makes them.
Only reason why I'm asking that is because down the road I'd like to use my Cactus Canyon as leverage to get an AoM or MM or other modern machine.

Speculation is just that…speculation. You probably know as much as anyone else about whether CC will hold or increase in value in the future. The best advice I’ve heard from anyone on this subject is when a fellow Pinsider said “don’t buy these games as investments. Buy the games you want to play and use them for that purpose.” If your game goes up in value in the future, great. If not, who cares? You bought it because you enjoy it. That should be all that matters.

1 month later
#5182 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Thanks for tips... much obliged!

I’m in the same boat as you…been wondering the same thing. My mirror backglass is sitting here waiting for my CCR LE to arrive (whenever that will be), and I’m worried about putting it on the game when it arrives. Please keep me posted as to how you do it, so I’ll have some insight before I try it. Thanks.

#5184 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

It would be the same process as demonstrated here (at 3:08).

You just also remove the included glass.

Thank you

#5202 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Just finished installing the mirrored BG... about a 20-25 minute job. The black plastic trim came off fairly easily. The mirrored BG is a bit thicker than the original translite so the trim ends up being a tighter fit, but I had no issues (lining up the bottom trim piece took a few tries but I'm pretty anal...). And in my opinion the mirrored BG is definitely a solid upgrade -- colors just "pop" so much more.

That’s great news. Thanks for letting me know. I’m anxious to get my game so I can do the same.

#5267 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I can see CCr doing very well on location. It’s a broad theme, features attractive cab art and funny callouts. And gunfights! The fan layout is pretty easy to shoot, and you don’t need a manual to understand the goals. Just a town Marshall to keep the peace. Reminds me of Deadwood City…anyone remember that?
[quoted image]

It’s funny for me to see that…brings back memories. We had those books laying all around the house when I was a kid. My brother was obsessed with them. I think he had the whole set.

1 week later
4 weeks later
#5920 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

LEs in the house
[quoted image]

So they DO exist!

2 weeks later
#6550 1 year ago

So a pinsider selling his CCR LE for $12,700 claims it will be arriving next week. Anyone want to speculate on how this is possible? Or should we just straight up call B.S.?

1 week later
#6962 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

So le’s are shipping for real? Not fake?

If real it seems we’d be hearing a helluva lot more about it. I think they’re screwing with us.

#6965 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

haha! I promise I have a tracking number. Its happening.

Great! I’m looking forward to seeing your unboxing pics.

3 weeks later
#7822 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Jfh does a fantastic job with this thread. He definitely doesn’t deserve the crap he gets. He obviously likes the product enough to start and maintain the owners group so it shouldn’t be a surprise when he defends the product he believes in.
Now if you want to see a real $It show check out the James Bond owners thread started by someone who keeps talking negatively about the game, cancelled his order and is now trying to auction off control over the owners group.
Just saying Jfh deserves some credit for all he does.

Well said. I completely agree.

1 week later
#8122 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Man trying to keep LE money put aside for game hope they get them shipping soon, burns a hole while Tons of other stuff I have to do keeps popping up. Guess if your rich enough doesn’t matter I’m not

I’m in the same boat. I’ve been psyched about this game since getting in on an LE day one. I put the money aside for it, where it’s been sitting ever since. During the wait some very cool games have come up so I’ve been trading out games I really liked for new ones with themes I love…but damn, that money has been sitting there waiting on CCr for 14 months when it could’ve kept me from having to get rid of something I really liked. Oh…first world problems!!!!

#8125 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I see similar comments in many new game threads. I don’t understand why people rob Peter to pay Paul or put pinball games (or any non-essential “toy”) on credit cards (except maybe for points) if they aren’t paid off right away. I learned that the hard way when I first got out of school and just pretty much got whatever I want whenever I want. Obviously that doesn’t work for long.
Pinball should be all about fun; I hate to see people get stressed out over buying games (or thinking they are investments or, even sadder, having to sell them to get money to fund life). I certainly don’t consider myself rich but my pinball money is pretty much dead money until I’m actually dead or can’t play pinball any more and I’m at the point where I won’t put any significant “new money” into games (sort of required anyway since I’m at the point I have to sell a game to make room for a new one), though I do have money earmarked for another CGC remake if the other one I want ever happens.
This is not intended in a negative way (or just to you) but I’m curious- why stress by tying up money needed for other things? Is it specifically because of wanting the LE? I actually get that because I’d consider going into debt short term for a BTTF LE (another reason I dislike the whole LE “get it day one or miss out” model).

I agree. I’ve been buying pins for the home since 2003. I put one on a credit card many years ago and it took forever to get it paid off. I vowed then that I’d never do it again. Interestingly I bought three games from The Pinball Company (before their prices went sky high) on layaway. Each time it took me between 18 and 24 months to pay them off, but I just treated it like another bill, faithfully sending in my payments every month until paid off. Now I have full collection, so when I want a new game I do some trading/bartering. My point is…getting these games is awesome. I love this hobby, but going into debt to do it is a very bad idea.

#8308 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Saw that ...
The amusement factor with him just keeps getting better ..
We need a fourth thread please.

You guys jump all over jfh so much. Given how you obviously feel about him and his administration of this thread, I honestly don’t understand why you keep checking in. Why don’t you just leave this thread? You could start your own CGC complaint thread. You’d certainly get a lot of traffic with so many buyers being frustrated by CGC’s continued delays. The rest of us want to come here and have our excitement over this game bolstered, not shit upon.

3 weeks later
#8964 1 year ago
Quoted from tbonedrums:

I am considering buying my first NIB machine and I am down to either a Rush premium or CCr SE+.
I have been reading about the node 10 issues on Rush and that has me leaning more favorably toward the CCr.
Tough decision though. I really like both titles.

I disagree with the previous opinion about Rush. Growing up I was never much of a fan of the band, so when the pin was announced I figured I’d be immune to the dreaded FOMO on this one. But when I played it on location I was impressed. Then I played it some more at other locations that weren’t so loud and I could better hear it. I played it at seven or eight different locations, I think. All the while it kept growing on me. I finally bit the bullet and got a Rush Premium, -and…holy shit…the game is freaking awesome! Every time I stop playing it I want to play more, and the code updates keep making it better and better.

Now, as for CCR. I placed my order on an LE day one. I’m still waiting for it to show up!!! But I have played the LE version and the non-topper versions at different locations. It’s definitely a great game and I’m anxious to add it to my collection. But at this point I’d have to say that I prefer Rush Premium over CCR. This is just my opinion, so take it for what it’s worth. I’m sure that you’ll be happy with whichever game you choose. Good luck.

4 weeks later
#9959 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Game is temporarily set up until I can shuffle a couple games to get it in the right place.
Haven’t had much time with it but some things that caught my eye in the setup process:
- great packing both game and topper. Playfield protection is easier/better than I thought was on the SEs.
- What a difference a good cabinet makes! Delivery guys had just finished delivering a James Bond and commented on how much sturdier this game seemed.
- wooden arch and LE medallion look incredibly better than in pictures
- the trim color/look is absolutely gorgeous. No way traditional powder coat beats this.
- love the details on the topper.
- game was set at volume 25 which was too loud for me
- play count was 0, game was built January 30th, last game started was Feb 19, 1932 at 8:17 am. Rumors of BTTF are true!
I didn’t go over the playfield in detail or inspect the boards but presume everything is fine.
One of the nicest NIB experiences I’ve had. Great first impression!
Looking forward to dialing it in after getting it to its forever spot, to some game play before I’m out of commission for six weeks, and hearing about a lot more LE deliveries. And I think this will get a sheet of PDI.
I’ll update the FAQ in the next few days with some observations and changes from v1 of the manual to v2.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations! It gives me hope that mine might be coming some day. I have to admit…this wait is getting painful. I’m very glad to see that you finally got yours.

2 weeks later
#10382 1 year ago

My email from Sara today said my wait is an additional 2 to 3 months…so there’s that, I guess.

1 week later
#10684 1 year ago

I just got the long-anticipated email from Sara at PPS. She said my LE should be ready for shipping some time next week! Yay! For those who’ve been waiting, keep the faith. The games are coming.

1 week later
#10980 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Just joking around!! Put my deposit down 11/9/21 on an LE and still no action.

I paid my deposit to PPS about two weeks before you paid yours, and my game is currently on its way. I paid the remainder of my balance last Thursday. Hopefully yours will come soon.

#11004 1 year ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Interesting as I paid my deposit to PPS for my LE on 11/5/21 and still no word.....

Hopefully you’ll hear soon. My understanding is that they rotate among distributors. So once they’ve assigned this batch to PPS they move on to the next distributor for the next batch and so on down the line until they return to PPS. Maybe you’ll be in the next round. Of course I could be wrong about how they do it.

#11082 1 year ago

Nearly a year and a half of waiting and CC LE is finally home. Sara at PPS was AWESOME to deal with. The game was packed perfectly, arrived in pristine shape. I’m a happy cowboy!

262134FA-EE8D-4E51-BEB4-CA1FE7999491 (resized).jpeg262134FA-EE8D-4E51-BEB4-CA1FE7999491 (resized).jpegAF2DE95C-6B41-40A5-BF55-E8C6AA264EE4 (resized).jpegAF2DE95C-6B41-40A5-BF55-E8C6AA264EE4 (resized).jpeg
#11125 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So whats your best guess on how many LE's have been delivered? 450 ish?

Mine just arrived this week and it was #435.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Charlemagne1987.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=Charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.