(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 309.
#4701 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good for u....many don't have that luxury

Everybody has that luxury. It’s a luxury item by definition. Nobody has their money locked up right now. Buy another pin and play it. Sell it for similar price when the le ships. Nobody needs to cry poverty when buying a $9000 game.

Again, I’m just shocked by the negativity considering we’ve ALL seen this play out SO many times. It’s just unnecessary drama imo.

Quoted from PtownPin:

I was hoping I was wrong, but I've seen the CGC movie too many times .... the good news is they always shipped the game

#4702 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

just because CGC eventually shipped games doesn't mean they were 'right all along' and people upset with the situation were wrong.
It just means CGC didn't fail to deliver a game.
Remember that.

You’re seriously sounding like a broken record on this. But you’re not the only one.

#4703 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

73 bad guy's here. Still shooting for 100 +

Quoted from PDXFlipper:

Nice! Mine is 42

Quoted from BorgDog:

So I just set my new bad guys champ. Is 37 bad guys shot a decent number? Showdown is a lot of fun.

Just hit 52 bad guys! What a Showdown! Very much loving this game.

#4704 1 year ago

I just joined the sheriff's posse with an NIB SE -- to be delivered next week. For me, it was better than buying a 24-year-old original, if you can find one. I was hoping to see more happy SE owners in this thread. This is a great remake that is available now, albeit in limited quantities. I'm also hoping CGC can deliver on its warranty if I ever need it.

#4705 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I just joined the sheriff's posse with an NIB SE -- to be delivered next week. For me, it was better than buying a 24-year-old original, if you can find one. I was hoping to see more happy SE owners in this thread. This is a great remake that is available now, albeit in limited quantities. I'm also hoping CGC can deliver on its warranty if I ever need it.

We're in here. CGC has been very responsive to the issues I've had. Ignore the negative junk (literal option with a click) and have fun. If pinball causes strife in your life, you're doing it wrong. Feel free to reach out with a PM if you can't find an answer with a search, I'm happy to help any way I can.

#4706 1 year ago

Good things come to those who wait.

The LE is going to surprise and AMAZE !

#4707 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

We're in here. CGC has been very responsive to the issues I've had. Ignore the negative junk (literal option with a click) and have fun. If pinball causes strife in your life, you're doing it wrong. Feel free to reach out with a PM if you can't find an answer with a search, I'm happy to help any way I can.

Thanks for extending a helpful hand. I have enjoyed the hobby as much as the challenges it brings. I'll be visiting this club regularly.

#4708 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

You’re seriously sounding like a broken record on this. But you’re not the only one.

If only CGC would change the tune…

#4709 1 year ago

Do we know when some games are gonna be imported in Canada? Are we still waiting on a sticker?

Thx

Wayne

#4710 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If only CGC would change the tune…

Nah....just the way they're built...although I guess dreams are free

#4711 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Everybody has that luxury. It’s a luxury item by definition. Nobody has their money locked up right now. Buy another pin and play it. Sell it for similar price when the le ships. Nobody needs to cry poverty when buying a $9000 game.
Again, I’m just shocked by the negativity considering we’ve ALL seen this play out SO many times. It’s just unnecessary drama imo.

Is pinball a luxury? Hmmm I just assumed it was a nice to have for home entertainment....many people are not in a situation to own or buy a lot of games and budget for a titlel.

#4712 1 year ago

my CCr recently started awarding the skill shot before plunging sometimes. sometimes it scores points, sometimes not. is there a particular switch that determines when it is awarded, or is it the lane switch when it drops, or any switch hit will do? will look into switch test tomorrow (assume there is one) but thought I'd ask here on this first.

thanks

#4713 1 year ago

wp4123013.jpgwp4123013.jpg

#4714 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks for confirming you are just a troll. The very reason CGC doesn’t (and probably won’t) post on Pinside. You (and others like you) aren’t interested in the truth because you can’t or won’t accept it or think CGC is out to screw you.
You (and even some reasonable people) have stated that CGC should just communicate more. Sounds simple, easy and logical, right?
Here’s why I changed my mind about manufacturers going radio silent on Pinside and why if I were Ryan or Doug I would stay silent on production status. These comments are CGC centric but apply to the other manufacturers as well.
Every single title has gone through the same cycle. When CGC provide status it’s never enough for the keyboard commandos. “Not enough detail” “give us specific dates” “just do x instead” “But I want a topper” “here’s a better way to run your business”, etc.
Go read the threads for every game - CGC posts and gets applauded for doing so. Then some geniuses think they know better. Eventually things go off the deep end and and there are angry mobs with pitchforks. CGC is in an absolutely no win situation. Then things get personal and people think “why should I bother with this?” What happened with Doug Skor during AFMr production is disgraceful. And similar things happened with MMr, MBr and now CCr”. (A side note - very early in the MMr life cycle I was probably one of those people - anyone remember the coin mech saga? - PPS I’m sorry; I was wrong).
No matter what a mfg says they aren’t going to win. Their comments or answers are valuable and appreciated by the vast majority of customers but for the keyboard commandos they are never enough.
Imagine if Ryan told us that LE’s will start shipping October 1st (I’m just making up a date as an example).
Here’s what would happen:
- CGC (and distributors) would be flooded with emails and phone calls “When’s MY game shipping?” as if CGC has some master list. (They don’t. If you want to know how the process works, check out the FAQ). An inordinate amount of time wasted and an almost absolute guarantee of unhappy customers.
- More phone calls from those interested in the SE+. “When am I going to get MY game”? “Why do I have to wait for the LEs to ship?”
- Even more phone calls “Well, what took so long?” “Why didn’t you just do this?”
Unfortunately all that’s going to happen when we get the first report of someone receiving an LE (or more likely when someone gets their final invoice). And any time CGC spends on any of the above is less time there is to spend on dealing with production, working on future games, expanding the factory or implementing more efficient practices.
This isn’t a big corporation with a PR department. I don’t want CGC to spend hundreds of hours trying to educate those clueless or unwilling to learn about parts production, lead times, general manufacturing issues and software development or how decisions on any of those issues affect future plans/products (because you know there are people that don’t care about CCr and just want the next game). I’m fortunate to have a background that affords me insight to those areas and try to share that when I can.
I’m confident that CGC is doing everything they can to get games out as quickly as possible without sacrificing the quality they are known for. There have been delays because key parts had to be re-engineered based on customer feedback, to improve games on the line, parts delays because vendors didn’t deliver on time or delivered parts that were unusable and didn’t meet specs (by the way, if it takes 18-20 weeks to get a particular part in and it’s bad, how long do you likely have to wait for replacements?) and probably a few things we don’t know about.
For those that want to slam me for drinking the Kool-Aid feel free. I don’t care. And to clarify - I don’t have any special relationship with CGC but I’m confident I’ll hear about anything I post that is misleading or egregiously wrong. I do have other sources for info that I have explicitly or implicitly promised to protect. I have no agenda here other than to promote and discuss a game that I’ve been a fan of for years. I’m excited about the additions CGC has made. This remake is truly better than the original and will be even more so with the upgrade kit.
If you don’t trust CGC to do what’s best for everyone - sell your game, cancel your order or don’t buy one.
If you do - be like Richard. Be patient. The world doesn’t (and shouldn’t) revolve around YOUR game.
To the keyboard commandos - you have collectively and effectively shut off Pinside as a reasonable platform for the manufacturers. They were here in the first place as a courtesy to us (and yes to do some marketing). We are not their customers; the distributors are.
I’m appreciative for what Doug_Duba CGC-Ryan PPS and many others do to bring us these incredible games and love to see them participate here. But I fully understand why it’s not always in their best interests to do so. CCr is selling far beyond initial projections and the game exceeds expectations (at least mine). Whenever my LE arrives it will have a spot for a very long time.

I believe if a company is going to require deposits they take on some responsibility to provide at least some kind of ongoing communication.. Not wanting to post on pinside isn’t an excuse, there are plenty of other ways to communicate with customers. To be clear, I have zero interest in canceling my order and am willing to wait…I have full faith CGC will provide another exceptional game. It would just be nice if we were provided with some kind of update every once in a while. I don’t think that’s too much to ask.

#4715 1 year ago

My topper is complete! Now I just need the game to mount it to. Just waiting for leg-gate to work itself out before I pick one up. If anyone is interested in a topper without the character let me know. I can’t SELL the character because CGC asked me nicely not to, but I do have a few other ideas that can replace the bandit.

2908D01D-0509-4981-B067-EFADFA3E8F24 (resized).jpeg2908D01D-0509-4981-B067-EFADFA3E8F24 (resized).jpeg40962F91-403C-40BC-A7D1-505F20A70B96 (resized).jpeg40962F91-403C-40BC-A7D1-505F20A70B96 (resized).jpeg4B181C1E-DFD7-432D-BD88-50264C37D111 (resized).jpeg4B181C1E-DFD7-432D-BD88-50264C37D111 (resized).jpeg

#4716 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

My topper is complete! Now I just need the game to mount it to. Just waiting for leg-gate to work itself out before I pick one up. If anyone is interested in a topper without the character let me know. I can’t SELL the character because CGC asked me nicely not to, but I do have a few other ideas that can replace the bandit.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s really cool…I wish someone would make something like that for Attack From Mars. CGC should make static toppers for CCR and AFM for non LE/SE+.

#4717 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

my CCr recently started awarding the skill shot before plunging sometimes. sometimes it scores points, sometimes not. is there a particular switch that determines when it is awarded, or is it the lane switch when it drops, or any switch hit will do? will look into switch test tomorrow (assume there is one) but thought I'd ask here on this first.
thanks

The lower induction switch on the bank ramp awards the skill shot. I was having phantom switch hits on the induction switch on my river ramp which seemed to be triggered by any of the coils going off. One of the solder joints looked pretty suspect so I re-soldered the wires to it and haven't had an issue since but the bank ramp looks like it might be harder to get access to.

#4718 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Update..ACL surgery was successful and this CCr should be back on it's feet in no time. Definitely not hiding this vice scar tho so it's not a solution for LE buyers but I believe the wait is finally over!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Here is the Mr Pinball Australia Fix, see pictures of an original Williams leg and the new leg, looks like maybe the press pushed it in a bit to much spreading it out, easy 2min fix see pictures.

20220812_160237 (resized).jpg20220812_160237 (resized).jpg20220812_160251 (resized).jpg20220812_160251 (resized).jpgIMG_9597 (resized).jpgIMG_9597 (resized).jpgIMG_9598 (resized).jpgIMG_9598 (resized).jpg
#4719 1 year ago

Can it really be that easy? I thought from what others had described in this thread, the newer legs have been pressed/crimped too tightly, resulting in the leg being over bent, which cuts into the cabinet and damaging the decals. Putting the leg in the vice and squeezing would bent it inwards even further wouldn't it? Unless I'm missing something very obvious of course.

#4720 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Can it really be that easy? I thought from what others had described in this thread, the newer legs have been pressed/crimped too tightly, resulting in the leg being over bent, which cuts into the cabinet and damaging the decals. Putting the leg in the vice and squeezing would bent it inwards even further wouldn't it? Unless I'm missing something very obvious of course.

well we compared an older leg to a newer leg and that was the difference, i think being wider made it stick out further, looks like a simple fix

#4721 1 year ago

I really have been enjoying my CCr. I also have been enjoying tweaking things so it plays better. Here's the 3rd installment in this ongoing video series. Enjoy
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#4722 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

thanks

I’m currently having this same issue

#4723 1 year ago

My se arrived earlier this week & I'm currently having a couple minor issues. The first is that the cliffy in the drain hole sometimes causes the ball to get stuck & not drain. Anyone else have this issue & if so, what have you done to resolve it?
The second issue is switch #65 (R ramp make) doesn't register during gameplay. When I physically move a ball over it in switch test, I can get it to register intermittently. Any adjustability to these sensors? I haven't checked the solder joints yet, but I'll open it up & have a look this weekend.

#4724 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

The lower induction switch on the bank ramp awards the skill shot. I was having phantom switch hits on the induction switch on my river ramp which seemed to be triggered by any of the coils going off. One of the solder joints looked pretty suspect so I re-soldered the wires to it and haven't had an issue since but the bank ramp looks like it might be harder to get access to.

Thanks, I'll check that out for sure.

#4725 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin-Bob:

My se arrived earlier this week & I'm currently having a couple minor issues. The first is that the cliffy in the drain hole sometimes causes the ball to get stuck & not drain. Anyone else have this issue & if so, what have you done to resolve it?
The second issue is switch #65 (R ramp make) doesn't register during gameplay. When I physically move a ball over it in switch test, I can get it to register intermittently. Any adjustability to these sensors? I haven't checked the solder joints yet, but I'll open it up & have a look this weekend.

Cliffy at the drain issue, yes. I just slightly bump the machine it happens so rarely. If it gets bad, I plan on removing the cliffy. It's a drain hole ffs, I don't care if it gets dinged up. Lol. I'm not sure about adjusting any switches

#4726 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin-Bob:

The real fix (if keeping the protector) is probably to remove the protector temporarily, and file down the edge where the ball gets stuck. They are just too thick. In the meantime, I mylared a guitar pick in the area where I kept getting stuck balls to effectively do the same thing, as it is the same thickness on average, but has a sharper edge. It can't be seen during gameplay. I'll fix it permanently when I have that area apart again

As for the eddy current switch, it seems that bad solder joints are the most common issue.

#4727 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Cliffy at the drain issue, yes. I just slightly bump the machine it happens so rarely. If it gets bad, I plan on removing the cliffy. It's a drain hole ffs, I don't care if it gets dinged up. Lol. I'm not sure about adjusting any switches

I wasn't aware that CGC was using actual "Cliffy" protectors? I thought they made their own?

#4728 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wasn't aware that CGC was using actual "Cliffy" protectors?

They are not Cliffy's. Seems any metal protector gets called that now.

#4729 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wasn't aware that CGC was using actual "Cliffy" protectors? I thought they made their own?

They are not "cliffys" but the same concept. I actually like the CGC design drain protector over the Cliffy design. It has more protection around the entire hole.

#4730 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nah....just the way they're built...although I guess dreams are free

Inside CGC hq...

planning loop cgc (resized).pngplanning loop cgc (resized).png

I mean.. I said this back in January... and now...
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 12.36.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-08-12 at 12.36.34 PM.png

#4731 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Inside CGC hq...

Do you have one on order?

#4732 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

They are not Cliffy's. Seems any metal protector gets called that now.

Thats what I thought !

#4733 1 year ago

already have our SE and waiting on the LE

but thanks for asking!

#4734 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Inside CGC hq...
[quoted image]
I mean.. I said this back in January... and now...
[quoted image]

Pretty accurate...

#4735 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

already have our SE and waiting on the LE

but thanks for asking!

At least you have the SE to play! I'm jealous

#4736 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin-Bob:

Any adjustability to these sensors?

With the game turned off you might try reseating the connector for it.

LTG : )

#4737 1 year ago

Can someone please tell me where the USB port is located on CCR se ?

#4738 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Can someone please tell me where the USB port is located on CCR se ?

There isn't one. If you are looking to update your game or put an image on the lower part of the screen. You stick a micro SD card in the top of the beagle board in the backbox.

Red arrow points to one in already.

LTG : )

IMG_0954 (resized).JPGIMG_0954 (resized).JPG
#4739 1 year ago

Thanks for the photo LTG. I think that’s a USB right next to the SD slot.

EB15318B-2175-4CF3-8A02-900EC66E9CB3 (resized).jpegEB15318B-2175-4CF3-8A02-900EC66E9CB3 (resized).jpeg
#4740 1 year ago

If anyone is interested in the Brian Allen Acrylic Limited Edition Backglass for CCR message me. I’m selling mine, I received the mirrored back glass and gonna stick with that.

#4741 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

[quoted image]

Good call.

It looks like a USB Micro port. I'm assuming the other person was looking for a USB A port like is found on Sterns.

#4742 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

thanks for this point in the right direction. the sensor was actually pretty easy to get out, 2 small screws from above into the board and slide it out the side. one of the wires to the ground connection (I believe) was barely attached, so reflowed/attached that one and it seems to have taken care of the issue.

#4743 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

[quoted image]

If I recall correctly from when I took out the speaker panel assembly that's a micro-HDMI port for the display.

#4744 1 year ago

What builds bonus in this game?

#4745 1 year ago

2 catcus roller overs. I believe

#4746 1 year ago
Quoted from wolv3:

What builds bonus in this game?

Both top rollovers builds Bonus X.

To build the bonus value (and anyone can correct me if I’m wrong) I think just about everything helps.

You start with 100K bonus to start. Ramps, stand ups, orbits, pop ups, will all add a few grand to the total. Major achievements will really help. Like I think beating the train mode right away and then draining makes your bonus around 400K. But if you plunge, hit a few stand ups, maybe a ramp and whatnot, and drain will leave you with like ~115K bonus

#4747 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

If I recall correctly from when I took out the speaker panel assembly that's a micro-HDMI port for the display.

You are correct. My MMR has a usb to the left of the Mini hdmi on the other side of the board so it’s out of view - they must have removed it for CC

#4748 1 year ago

How is the code on CC remake, is it as good as AFM, MB, MM? I know there is a Lyman update in the future but just curious about the current code?

#4749 1 year ago

He has one, derp.

#4750 1 year ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

one of the wires to the ground connection (I believe) was barely attached, so reflowed/attached that one and it seems to have taken care of the issue.

Solder-gate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/95?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.