(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,347 posts
  • 751 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 382 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 331 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(651 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg
362905216_803394858240474_5250419017402129576_n (resized).jpg
362783250_136647389467612_6056695215372692370_n (resized).jpg
C6821FF2-6A6B-4C85-B9B7-0F917A78479A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0538 (resized).jpeg
73000513275__A193B793-F018-40EE-B46C-ACC07564508F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
8C87C09E-DDC1-4C00-904E-4189F6921213 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 307.
#4501 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Maybe Fall? Even then it will take many months to make all of them especially if they plan on making SE+ models at the same time now. Who knows where you would be in the line to receive one. Best case scenario before the end of the year. Worst case scenario next Summer.

Thanks appreciate the info.

#4502 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Sorry some of us are busy being productive can’t sit on the internet all day…

#4503 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'd say contact the manufacturer, and perhaps start a dedicated thread in the tech support section.

Yup

Left a message with them, opened a repair tag with CG. We'll see which one gets back to me first. Usually these things take 24 hours for some reason and CG doesn't have phone support anymore. I miss the good ol days when people would use a phone and help you out on location.

#4504 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Sorry some of us are busy being productive can’t sit on the internet all day…

Join us!

Pinside badass (resized).jpgPinside badass (resized).jpg
#4505 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone have a pulse on when LEs will ship? This really is taking a lot longer then anticipated.

Anyone who has an actual pulse on this isn’t willing to inform us or they would have already.

#4506 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

Join us![quoted image]

LMAO

#4507 1 year ago

Quick question anybody can answer it, I have the SE of cactus canyon but my brother wants to buy the game
The gaming is looking at it’s been opened and has a few plays on it there gonna be any issues for him going forward buying the game as far as like warranty is concerned I told him it really shouldn’t matter but I thought maybe someone in here could speak to it

#4508 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I thought maybe someone in here could speak to it

Warranties don't go to second owner from any manufacturer. Though some may make an exception, it isn't guaranteed.

LTG : )

#4509 1 year ago

Big Lebowski is around 10-12 month wait so ccr is similar at this point. Sucks but will worth the wait in the end.

#4510 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Big Lebowski is around 10-12 month wait so ccr is similar at this point. Sucks but will worth the wait in the end.

At this point the average wait time for people who ordered an LE and SE+ is going to be well over a year.

Most of us ordered the game in October of 2021. When they do finally get to start them, they seemingly can only get around 40 games out a week. Which means they'll be making the LE/SE+ run for well over a year.

Let's be optimistic and say they start making those in October, the wait for people is still going to range from between 1 year - 2+ years.

#4511 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

My two points:
1: If I’m waiting forever for an SE+ I should just pick up an SE for $7900 (or less) and cancel my + order.
2: If I’m waiting forever let me know and i’ll grab another game (GZ) in the meantime and be patient for the SE+
Please let us know specifics CGC!

Sometimes I've found that gameroomguys.com has sneaky accurate info as to lead times you won't get elsewhere. Currently they show CCr SE in stock, the SE+ at 90 days.

They also show GZ Prem at 265 days (and I think that isn't being run for a long time) meanwhile GOTG Pro is showing 70 days and SW Pro is 60 days. Both of those align with what we're hearing for the upcoming Stern runs after the cornerstone release. No one knows if gameroomguys is updating timelines daily, weekly, or monthly, but I heard of GOTG being a Sept run a few weeks ago which would make the 70 days accurate. Therefore, based on this loosely drawn conclusion, I'd estimate the SE+ models to be 2 months out minimum, and probably 3 months to be safe.

#4512 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

At this point the average wait time for people who ordered an LE and SE+ is going to be well over a year.
Most of us ordered the game in October of 2021. When they do finally get to start them, they seemingly can only get around 40 games out a week. Which means they'll be making the LE/SE+ run for well over a year.
Let's be optimistic and say they start making those in October, the wait for people is still going to range from between 1 year - 2+ years.

Unless they sell 1250 (or more) of the SE+ it isn’t going to be that long. And that’s an estimate to fill all the orders for both models. The total wait could be over a year but that’s not uncommon these days. People with confirmed Elvira orders from January 2021 are still waiting and some Godzilla Premium orders from that announce day are still unfulfilled.

Like everyone else, I’d like my game. But I don’t understand all the angst delivery time frames (for any NIB game). It’s not like the manufacturers are delaying them on purpose. And at least CGC is building CCr unlike Stern who will have announced multiple games before fulfilling previous outstanding orders.

#4513 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Sometimes I've found that gameroomguys.com has sneaky accurate info as to lead times you won't get elsewhere. Currently they show CCr SE in stock, the SE+ at 90 days … I'd estimate the SE+ models to be 2 months out minimum, and probably 3 months.

Interesting info.

If true, that would imply that some SE+ games would ship before LEs since it’s it would be impossible to produce 1250 LEs in 3 months.

#4514 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

My two points:
1: If I’m waiting forever for an SE+ I should just pick up an SE for $7900 (or less) and cancel my + order.
2: If I’m waiting forever let me know and i’ll grab another game (GZ) in the meantime and be patient for the SE+
Please let us know specifics CGC!

CCr is far from the only thing on my mind in the past year. Life and pinball changes have been made, yet I’m fine just waiting. My HWN will be paid off long before I get this title.

Sounds like you’ve already made your decision. They’re not going to let anyone know until ready. Could be a month…could be a year.

#4515 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unless they sell 1250 (or more) of the SE+ it isn’t going to be that long. And that’s an estimate to fill all the orders for both models. The total wait could be over a year but that’s not uncommon these days. People with confirmed Elvira orders from January 2021 are still waiting and some Godzilla Premium orders from that announce day are still unfulfilled.
Like everyone else, I’d like my game. But I don’t understand all the angst delivery time frames (for any NIB game). It’s not like the manufacturers are delaying them on purpose. And at least CGC is building CCr unlike Stern who will have announced multiple games before fulfilling previous outstanding orders.

Just because another company is doing shitty things does not excuse other companies to also do shitty things. Someone penning that they're disgruntled with CGC does not infer that they think Stern is any better.

I'm personally not upset with their being a delay. I find the lack and misleading communications surrounding the delays disrespectful and therefore upsetting.

Just be forthright and honest with people.

Certainly, they must realize by now how shitty it is to be ghosted by manufacturers who promised to have parts delivered by a certain time frame and just stopped communicating with them.

#4516 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting info.
If true, that would imply that some SE+ games would ship before LEs since it’s it would be impossible to produce 1250 LEs in 3 months.

Yeah CGC said on the podcast the other week that they will be making SE+ at the same time as the LE. Gameroom guys does not have the LE listed on the website because it is sold out so no time frame given for the LE, only the SE+.

#4517 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah CGC said on the podcast the other week that they will be making SE+ at the same time as the LE.

It wasn’t clear to me if he said they would (which would be new) or that they could (which he’s said for a while) because only a few SKUs need to be swapped out on the line to change between making the base games.

#4518 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Just because another company is doing shitty things does not excuse other companies to also do shitty things. Someone penning that they're disgruntled with CGC does not infer that they think Stern is any better.
I'm personally not upset with their being a delay. I find the lack and misleading communications surrounding the delays disrespectful

Agree on all points. And certainly didn’t mean to imply that it’s ok because the others do it too.

#4519 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It wasn’t clear to me if he said they would (which would be new) or that they could (which he’s said for a while) because only a few SKUs need to be swapped out on the line to change between making the base games.

Yeah he said they would be shipping "some" SE+ along with the LE as well. No concrete numbers, very vague.

#4520 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah he said they would be shipping "some" SE+ along with the LE as well. No concrete numbers, very vague.

Thanks for the clarification.

#4521 1 year ago

Here’s a little glimpse of what CGC must be going through…….$85 for a transistor

8F30CDAC-5194-473D-9647-2A6272CB2417 (resized).jpeg8F30CDAC-5194-473D-9647-2A6272CB2417 (resized).jpeg

#4522 1 year ago

Date: 21st August, 2021
In a seminar at the Southern-Fried Gaming Expo in Atlanta today, Ryan White of Chicago Gaming confirmed that the company has been working on a remake of the popular Bally title, Cactus Canyon.

Almost time to wish them happy anniversary...
Question is how long before this were they working on it?

#4523 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

In a seminar at the Southern-Fried Gaming Expo in Atlanta today, Ryan White of Chicago Gaming confirmed that the company has been working on a remake of the popular Bally title, Cactus Canyon.

I thought they said they were working on it since 2019.

#4524 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Cactus Canyon Remake: Now shipping unfinished to maintain that OG Bally CC authenticity!

#4525 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Has anyone installed a physical knocker in CCr? Or Lloyd - can you confirm one will work?

I asked this question when I had a ticket opened for my lower sound issue. I was told the knocker would work. Problem is PPS needs to supply the knocker cable with the rest of the kit and every time I check their website, the knocker cable is not available.

#4526 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

the knocker cable is not available.

I wonder how hard it would be to make your own.

#4527 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I wonder how hard it would be to make your own.

Looks like 2 wires and a connector. easy peasy if you have the connector and know where to plug it in.

PPS doesn't even list CCr in CGC remakes.

#4528 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Really? 2000 games at 40 per week takes how long then?

#4529 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agree on all points. And certainly didn’t mean to imply that it’s ok because the others do it too.

Then why bother dumping on Stern?

#4530 1 year ago

No LEs? Pinside be like...

Crying-Girl-Runs-Into-Wall.gifCrying-Girl-Runs-Into-Wall.gif
#4531 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Really? 2000 games at 40 per week takes how long then?

- If you get to 2+ years as the poster says that’s sometime in early 2024.
- If we can use Pinside numbers and extrapolate (iffy, I know, but all we got) than there are about 400 SE+ orders. Make it 500.
- Assume some of those 500 base games are built/stored now and/or while we’re waiting for LE’s.
- At ~45/week those are done by the announcement anniversary this year.
- Assuming no base LEs have been built you need 6-7 months to build them. That gets you to April/May 2023 which is a lot earlier than November 2023. And that doesn’t account for the possibility that CGC gets the production rate up to the planned levels for the line (which I think is about 70/week).

#4532 1 year ago

Then why bother dumping on Stern?

Because I think it’s horrible they build multiple new titles before finishing outstanding orders. Imagine if CGC said we’re going to pause CCr builds while we build our next game (or more MMr or whatever)

#4533 1 year ago

I waited 3 years for my ECLEWOZ from a company that was unproven and unknown.

$6500 was a lot of money for a game that no one had seen yet.

I waited 2 more years for meaningful code updates.

What a masterpiece in the end.

This wait is nothing IMHO...

I will never sell it...

#4534 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I waited 3 years for my ECLEWOZ from a company that was unproven and unknown.
$6500 was a lot of money for a game that no one had seen yet.
I waited 2 more years for meaningful code updates.
What a masterpiece in the end.
This wait is nothing IMHO...
I will never sell it...

Well JJP was a new company trying to get their first game out the door. CGC has been doing this for years and years yet still have significant problems getting games out the door (its always been that way). I was around when they made their first MMRLE and that took almost two years, but it was their first go around so most were pretty patient. My only MAJOR issue with CGC is they feel its NOT necessary to communicate with REAL customers. In my mind it's arrogant and disrespectful, but also realize thats just the way they are built. Most buyers don't really care when they get their game, but most would at a minimum like to understand whats going first hand, and that appears to be impossible for CGC. It would literally take them 15 minutes to draft an email to send to distributors and then on to their respective customers.....

#4535 1 year ago

Sometimes I've found that gameroomguys.com has sneaky accurate info as to lead times you won't get elsewhere. Currently they show CCr SE in stock, the SE+ at 90 days

That’s been on game room guys website since at least January.

#4536 1 year ago

Don’t forget about the Medieval Madness run they are supposedly doing in 2023 as well. How snugly will that fit into the aforementioned LE/SE+ timeline? Might have to settle for a Chinese knockoff at some point.

#4537 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Don’t forget about the Medieval Madness run they are supposedly doing in 2023 as well. How snugly will that fit into the aforementioned LE/SE+ timeline? Might have to settle for a Chinese knockoff at some point.

Very supposedly.

#4538 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

50/50 water alcohol mix works for glass and pf cleaning. It evaporates immediately and leaves nothing behind like other cleaners. Get a big squirt bottle and some microfiber cloths. That's all you need. You almost never need to change balls or wax modern machines. Most 90s games didn't have fresh balls for over a decade and were fine.

Do not use water on a playfield! Even 50/50 mixed.

Terrible idea and that doesn't evaporate instantly as you say.

#4539 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

Here’s a little glimpse of what CGC must be going through…….$85 for a transistor
[quoted image]

LOL, you would be stupid to buy at that price.

Here.... less than $2.00

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/infineon-technologies/IRF3710ZPBF/811260

#4540 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

- If you get to 2+ years as the poster says that’s sometime in early 2024.
- If we can use Pinside numbers and extrapolate (iffy, I know, but all we got) than there are about 400 SE+ orders. Make it 500.
- Assume some of those 500 base games are built/stored now and/or while we’re waiting for LE’s.
- At ~45/week those are done by the announcement anniversary this year.
- Assuming no base LEs have been built you need 6-7 months to build them. That gets you to April/May 2023 which is a lot earlier than November 2023. And that doesn’t account for the possibility that CGC gets the production rate up to the planned levels for the line (which I think is about 70/week).

2+ years is November of 2023 and I find it difficult to see merit in your assumptions as we've heard nothing from CGC on any of that. Did you originally say it would be roughly a year before the first LE would ship?

#4541 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Because I think it’s horrible they build multiple new titles before finishing outstanding orders. Imagine if CGC said we’re going to pause CCr builds while we build our next game (or more MMr or whatever)

Has nothing to do with the what CGC is doing and it only makes your excuses for them look silly.

#4542 1 year ago

I find it difficult to see merit in your assumptions as we've heard nothing from CGC on any of that.

You may not agree with my assumptions but they are pretty straight forward and in line with what we have seen.

Did you originally say it would be roughly a year before the first LE would ship?

No.

Has nothing to do with what CGC is doing and it only makes your excuses for them look silly.

The CGC delays are due to supply chain issues which is one of the same reasons Stern gave for not meeting demand. And how is ordering an CCr LE on October 29, 2021 and not having it yet any different or worse than ordering EHOH in January 2021 and not having it yet?

#4543 1 year ago

You may not agree with my assumptions but they are pretty straight forward and in line with what we have seen.

No.

The CGC delays are due to supply chain issues which is one of the same reasons Stern gave for not meeting demand. And how is ordering an CCr LE on October 29, 2021 and not having it yet any different or worse than ordering EHOH in January 2021 and not having it yet?</blockquot

You're the one that made the implication that Stern was worse in defense of CGC, not me.

#4544 1 year ago

"The CGC delays are due to supply chain issues which is one of the same reasons Stern gave for not meeting demand. And how is ordering an CCr LE on October 29, 2021 and not having it yet any different or worse than ordering EHOH in January 2021 and not having it yet?

That's the ridiculous argument you made in defending CGC, I made no such comparison.

#4545 1 year ago

That's the ridiculous argument you made in defending CGC

He is not arguing. This has what CGC has said is the reason for the LE delay.

#4546 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

He is not arguing. This has what CGC has said is the reason for the LE delay.

CGC was active in this thread when they announced the pin and were pushing initial sales. It would take them 5 minutes to post an update now that they have non refundable deposits. It’s weird to me the message is only being delivered second hand with few details. I love CGCs games, but would appreciate a real update.

#4547 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

It’s weird to me the message is only being delivered second hand with few details

It's not second hand. Much of the resent info came direct from Ryan on a live stream on Flip N Out's Twitch channel.

#4548 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

CGC was active in this thread when they announced the pin and were pushing initial sales. It would take them 5 minutes to post an update now that they have non refundable deposits. It’s weird to me the message in only being delivered second hand with few details.

Its hard to believe anything that doesn't come directly from CGC, and the few videos showing game play with CGC reps have been very cryptic and misleading.

#4549 1 year ago

Can all be put to bed with straight answers from the horses mouth. I don’t like wishy washy vagueness. If the answer was a good one they’d be proud to come out and give an update. The fact that they’re not saying much tells me they’re stalling as long as possible to avoid painful truths. You’re spot on regarding companies that pump and communicate in the forums during rollout and sales but then ghost us when it comes time to delivering on promises and being accountable. That’s bad form. It should be the same level of engagement on both ends.

#4550 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

LOL, you would be stupid to buy at that price.
Here.... less than $2.00
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/infineon-technologies/IRF3710ZPBF/811260

0 in stock, which is the point here

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
7,500 (OBO)
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,347 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 307.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/91?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.