(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,424 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 minutes ago by zpinman370
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 309.
#4451 1 year ago

CGC, would you mind shipping my pin before football season starts?
Simple request - Thanks!

#4452 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Simple reques

One would think... but not so...
CGC please ship my LE before Summer Olympics 2024

#4453 1 year ago

I understand if part supply is the issue for the LEs. Shouldn’t we be seeing the new code out by now too? Isn’t that all software based or you think they need parts for the new code as well?

#4454 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I understand if part supply is the issue for the LEs. Shouldn’t we be seeing the new code out by now too? Isn’t that all software based or you think they need parts for the new code as well?

I believe they are adding something to the playfield as well but I'm not sure. I believe in the FAQ it says something about saloon doors...

I just hope that when they do end up selling the kits that it's not such a limited quantity that only the elite are able to get thier hands on it. Make it so a normal feller has a chance. Lol

#4455 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

CGC, would you mind shipping my pin before football season starts?

In a surprise move NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced that the start of the 2022 season has been moved from September 11th to January 2023. “We want to ensure the recently reported arm issues with key players have been resolved and that Richard gets his game before the limited season starts.”

#4456 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

I just hope that when they do end up selling the kits that it's not such a limited quantity that only the elite are able to get thier hands on it. Make it so a normal feller has a chance.

You will have lots of time to save for this !
But I agree with you !
And hope that they have packages ready to ship before they announce .

#4457 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

I believe they are adding something to the playfield as well but I'm not sure. I believe in the FAQ it says something about saloon doors...
I just hope that when they do end up selling the kits that it's not such a limited quantity that only the elite are able to get thier hands on it.

The upgrade kit will include a hardware (playfield) component as well as the software.

Given the anticipated demand for the upgrade package and likely margins for it I’m sure CGC (or PPS - not sure how it will be distributed) will see that any CCr owner will have an opportunity to get one in a reasonable time frame. Both CGC and PPS have a vested interest in seeing this as widely adopted as possible as it’s the first real test for any of the pinball manufacturers on whether game play upgrades are a viable product.

#4458 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Shouldn’t we be seeing the new code out by now too?

No.

LTG : )

#4459 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I would guess next Spring/Summer for the new code. I would be shocked if it was released before then.

#4460 1 year ago

Code update after Richard gets his game and PTCr at a minimum

#4461 1 year ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Code update after Richard gets his game and PTCr at a minimum

Haha!

#4462 1 year ago

I finally got around to changing the shooter housing on my game. Part SH-6657-B from PPS does indeed fit, and unlike the factory chrome piece, can easily be sandblasted for powdercoating.

20220806_221836.jpg20220806_221836.jpg
#4463 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I finally got around to changing the shooter housing on my game. Part SH-6657-B from PPS does indeed fit, and unlike the factory chrome piece, can easily be sandblasted for powdercoating.
[quoted image]

One good thing is it’s easy to change the Color; that’s a fair bit of overspray, was that intentional ?

#4464 1 year ago

Speaking of powder coating, what color did you do? Is it a color from prismatic powders?? Looks cool. An overall shot of your game would be appreciated, debating on having my game powder coated but haven’t agreed on what color to do.

#4465 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The upgrade kit will include a hardware (playfield) component as well as the software.
Given the anticipated demand for the upgrade package and likely margins for it I’m sure CGC (or PPS - not sure how it will be distributed) will see that any CCr owner will have an opportunity to get one in a reasonable time frame. Both CGC and PPS have a vested interest in seeing this as widely adopted as possible as it’s the first real test for any of the pinball manufacturers on whether game play upgrades are a viable product.

Whatever it is, we are excited to get it. We are still loving the game in its current form.

#4466 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

One good thing is it’s easy to change the Color; that’s a fair bit of overspray, was that intentional ?

Pretty sure that's all gold flake.
Every game in Goditas collection looks far better in person than in photos.

#4467 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Overspray? What are you talking about? It is powdercoat, using charged particles before being baked in the oven. This isn't rattlecan in the garage.

#4468 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Speaking of powder coating, what color did you do? Is it a color from prismatic powders?? Looks cool. An overall shot of your game would be appreciated, debating on having my game powder coated but haven’t agreed on what color to do.

I had photos several pages back. This is Extreme Adams Gold from Prismatic. Order a bunch of swatches, and set them on your game. The lighting where you play is key. Colors that look one way outdoors might be quite different in a basement. Any metallic, candy, or illusion color is nearly impossible to photograph. This looks totally black from across the room: it is only once you get close that the gold comes alive. I really have to move the camera to capture the gold.

You can reuse all of your other parts except for the legs and shooter housing. Even if your legs aren't bent, getting the chrome off is a nightmare much worse than the cost of a raw set.

20220807_090703 (resized).jpg20220807_090703 (resized).jpg20220807_090719 (resized).jpg20220807_090719 (resized).jpg20220807_090734 (resized).jpg20220807_090734 (resized).jpg20220807_090754 (resized).jpg20220807_090754 (resized).jpg
#4469 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Overspray? What are you talking about? It is powdercoat, using charged particles before being baked in the oven. This isn't rattlecan in the garage.

What are you on about ? Looks like rattle can from the backyard in the pics. As long as your happy with it.

#4470 1 year ago

Anyone have a bill acceptor on their CC remake? I’m having a hell of a time getting mine setup. They don’t sell the model Chicago Gaming recommends and the replacement 12v model is a Talo. I installed it and it fits fine but I’m not sure the settings so it’s currently giving 1 pulse (.25) per dollar and 5 pulses per $5 (1.25). I’ve set the DBA to center and forth in the settings and no joy. Chicago Gaming is super unhelpful and I get like an once a day email back from them with generic answers that don’t help at all. I miss Ken Layton at times like this.

#4471 1 year ago
Quoted from rue_:

I’m not sure the settings so it’s currently giving 1 pulse (.25) per dollar and 5 pulses per $5 (1.25).

Changing center, left, right, won't change pulses. You need to do that on the bill validator itself.

Did you get a manual with it ? Should be easy to figure out.

#4472 1 year ago
Quoted from rue_:

I’m not sure the settings

https://na.suzohapp.com/images/pdf/a6v6.pdf This might help.

For 4 pulses set switch 1 off and switch 2 on.

Now I'm not familiar with that particular bill validator. Switch 7 is harness enable on or off, I'm not sure which way it should be. Try it on first, off second.

Turn the game off to change settings, then turn back on and check if it works.

The other switches are for what bill it takes and level of security.

#4473 1 year ago

Simple Q: what was the price for the LE? The FAQ at the start of this thread said that both the SE+ and the LE are both $9250, but that doesn't seem logical..
All the price sheets all just say, "Sold out" instead of whatever price it was.
Just curious if/when we have chances to purchase an LE, what price I should be expecting on the secondary market.

#4474 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Simple Q: what was the price for the LE?

I think $9750

#4475 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Simple Q: what was the price for the LE? The FAQ at the start of this thread said that both the SE+ and the LE are both $9250, but that doesn't seem logical..
Just curious if/when we have chances to purchase an LE, what price I should be expecting on the secondary market.

LE was $9250.

LE and SE+ were the same price. SE+ was a late addition due to disappointment surrounding the topper. Even though the SE+ does not have everything the LE has, they priced them the same. I guess they got a premium for the topper for SE+?

#4476 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://na.suzohapp.com/images/pdf/a6v6.pdf This might help.
For 4 pulses set switch 1 off and switch 2 on.
Now I'm not familiar with that particular bill validator. Switch 7 is harness enable on or off, I'm not sure which way it should be. Try it on first, off second.
Turn the game off to change settings, then turn back on and check if it works.
The other switches are for what bill it takes and level of security.

The replacement talo unit uses coupons to program. You basically use a #2 pencil to color in lines that have the options you want then you hit a programming button and insert this coupon into the unit like money and it spits it out and programs it. It’s terrible imo. Switching from dip switches for no good reason to this scantron programming.
What I need to know is the settings for this pin. Like is it 1 pulse per or 4? Harness enabled or always? Etc. honestly if someone has it setup it should be easy to list the setup even if you have the dipswitches on your DBA

#4477 1 year ago
Quoted from rue_:

The replacement talo unit uses coupons to program.

Can you get them ?

Quoted from rue_:

What I need to know is the settings for this pin. Like is it 1 pulse per or 4? Harness enabled or always?

That you would have to play around in custom pricing and try and change one slot to what you want. In there I'd search for one unit gives credit like four 25¢.

And I'd not sure you can do it.

#4478 1 year ago
Quoted from rue_:

The replacement talo unit uses coupons to program.

Here you go. Make your own.

https://images.kleen-ritecorp.com/Documents/Manuals/CPI/T612-U3E/CPI%20Talos%20Bill%20Validator%20Guide%202021.pdf

I'd try gaming short and harness enable on stuff you check off.

#4479 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Simple A: The FAQ is right.

$9250 (officially $9249.99) was/is Chicago Gaming’s price for both the LE and SE+ which upset some early SE+ buyers. Some paid slightly more in total because of PayPal/credit card fees associated with the $2k deposit which most distributors collected upfront/online.

As for the LE secondary market - it’s whatever you feel comfortable with and can agree with the seller on. The upcharges I’ve seen or heard about have run from $1500 to $3000. There is a current LE spot for sale in the marketplace that’s in between that range. And in many cases the distributor holding the order will charge a transfer fee to transfer order ownership so don’t forget to factor that in.

And why would you doubt the FAQ? I’ve spent a lot of effort to make sure it’s both accurate and current. Trust me, there are plenty here that will point out errors.

[Edit: updated the FAQ just for you]
0599C125-F0D8-4883-8AE6-CF505EF687E2 (resized).jpeg0599C125-F0D8-4883-8AE6-CF505EF687E2 (resized).jpeg

#4480 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd try gaming short and harness enable on stuff you check off.

In the game in pricing I'd set coin door type 25-1.00-25 Dollar Bill Validator Center.

#4481 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Here you go. Make your own.

#4482 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

In the game in pricing I'd set coin door type 25-1.00-25 Dollar Bill Validator Center.

I tried 25-100-25 and 4 pulse per $1 and 1 pulse per $1. I’ve spent a solid 2 hours on location trying to fix this. It’s pretty wild to me this isn’t more transparent from either company. The distributor I got the DBA from assured me this would work correctly and said they had a CC on their showroom and they would program it so it would be plug and play. Wrong.

#4483 1 year ago

Ya already watched that one and every other YouTube vid on this DBA. Programming isn’t the issue it’s what program settings the pin needs to see from the DBA to work correctly.

#4484 1 year ago
Quoted from rue_:

The distributor I got the DBA from assured me

Contact them to get their settings.

#4485 1 year ago
Quoted from rue_:

I tried 25-100-25 and 4 pulse per $1 and 1 pulse per $1. I’ve spent a solid 2 hours on location trying to fix this. It’s pretty wild to me this isn’t more transparent from either company. The distributor I got the DBA from assured me this would work correctly and said they had a CC on their showroom and they would program it so it would be plug and play. Wrong.

Quoted from rue_:

Ya already watched that one and every other YouTube vid on this DBA. Programming isn’t the issue it’s what program settings the pin needs to see from the DBA to work correctly.

I'd say contact the manufacturer, and perhaps start a dedicated thread in the tech support section.

Quoted from LTG:

Contact them to get their settings.

Yup

#4486 1 year ago

Has anyone installed a physical knocker in CCr? Or Lloyd - can you confirm one will work?

#4487 1 year ago

Regarding delays - I feel like Ryan being vague is a stall technique to prevent people from bailing if they knew a more accurate timeframe of when to expect their games. If the parts delay were easily remedied then we’d be given a date and expectations would be set accordingly. The fact that production/delivery is clouded in mystery tells me that we could be waiting much longer than his recent comment of “soon guys, soon.” Otherwise I don’t understand the lack of communication.

#4488 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Regarding delays

I think most of us are not expecting to see our LE's to the end of the year at the soonest. I hope CGC proves us wrong.

#4489 1 year ago

Been away on a vacation w/o pinball. Drove 8 hours home yesterday. CCr was the first game I fired up and damn I forgot how much I like it. Best impulse purchase in the hobby I've made to date.

#4490 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Regarding delays - I feel like Ryan being vague is a stall technique to prevent people from bailing if they knew a more accurate timeframe of when to expect their games. If the parts delay were easily remedied then we’d be given a date and expectations would be set accordingly. The fact that production/delivery is clouded in mystery tells me that we could be waiting much longer than his recent comment of “soon guys, soon.” Otherwise I don’t understand the lack of communication.

Must be exclusively related to the LE

As special edition are still being produced and shipped at the factory

#4491 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

The fact that production/delivery is clouded in mystery tells me that we could be waiting much longer than his recent comment of “soon guys, soon.” Otherwise I don’t understand the lack of communication.

It is disappointing that CGC does not communicate on CCr production as they did during AFMr when there was an entire thread devoted to production updates. However It dropped off after some Pinsiders apparently teed off on Doug Skor who had been posting concise, factual updates, warts and all. Maybe that left a bad taste.

I hoped we would have seen something after multiple podcasts “reported” laughable CCr updates that were shameful rumor mongering which would appall my college journalism professors. There is supposedly a follow up to the recent Flip N Out stream with Ryan planned soon where he was going to showcase the LE (one of the show games) which may be an opportunity for something more than “soon guys, soon”.

I don’t see this as stalling - people that want the game/topper aren’t going to start cancelling en mass. No one should be stressed over a $2k deposit. But I do think the delays will put some downward pressure on SE+ demand and CCr in general, at least until the upgrade package is released (which won’t be until next year). The lift CGC/CCr got a year ago with the announcement is gone and Stern is going to take sone oxygen out of the room very soon.

#4492 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Must be exclusively related to the LE

Not just the LE. Both non-topper related LE part(s) and topper parts (arms).

#4493 1 year ago

Anyone have a pulse on when LEs will ship? This really is taking a lot longer then anticipated.

#4494 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone have a pulse on when LEs will ship? This really is taking a lot longer then anticipated.

Feel free to pop in and ask a question without reading a single post

#4495 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

LMAO

#4496 1 year ago

My son has a buddy over today. I asked him what his favorite game is? "Cactus Canyon."

20220808_115602.jpg20220808_115602.jpg
#4497 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Maybe Fall? Even then it will take many months to make all of them especially if they plan on making SE+ models at the same time now. Who knows where you would be in the line to receive one. Best case scenario before the end of the year. Worst case scenario next Summer.

#4498 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

people that want the game/topper aren’t going to start cancelling en mass. But I do think the delays will put some downward pressure on SE+ demand and CCr in general, and Stern is going to take sone oxygen out of the room very soon.

My two points:
1: If I’m waiting forever for an SE+ I should just pick up an SE for $7900 (or less) and cancel my + order.
2: If I’m waiting forever let me know and i’ll grab another game (GZ) in the meantime and be patient for the SE+

Please let us know specifics CGC!

#4499 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

1: If I’m waiting forever for an SE+ I should just pick up an SE for $7900 (or less) and cancel my + order.
2: If I’m waiting forever let me know and i’ll grab another game (GZ) in the meantime and be patient for the SE+
Please let us know specifics CGC!

Don’t know what your definition of “forever” is but way you are going to see that type of (public) projection from CGC (or any other manufacturer). And the specifics you want are meaningless without knowing where you are on your distributor’s list and where they are with CGC.

If the SE+’s are indeed going to be shipped after the LEs are done and there isn’t a significant number of SEs waiting for toppers then your “forever” is likely a minimum of 8 months.

If those were my choices, I’d go with #2, though GZs, at least Premiums, aren’t exactly easy to get now either.

#4500 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Sorry some of us are busy being productive can’t sit on the internet all day…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,424 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/90?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.