(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,415 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 309.
#4101 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Wife thought it looked crowded, but it looks perfect to me!

Looks perfect to me too!

#4102 1 year ago

Copying another pinsider, cant remember his name, but I think they will look good on the flashers

20220722_171854 (resized).jpg20220722_171854 (resized).jpg
#4103 1 year ago

I played an original today at PHOF. The remake captures the best of what B/W produced, but really takes the game to another level.

20220722_160401 (resized).jpg20220722_160401 (resized).jpg
#4104 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Copying another pinsider, cant remember his name, but I think they will look good on the flashers
[quoted image]

Where did you get these? Thanks,

#4105 1 year ago

the CCr will fit nicely to the left of Godzilla.

Looking forward to your friends and family’s reaction to both of these games. They’re both instant classics.

#4106 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:I played an original today at PHOF. The remake captures the best of what B/W produced, but really takes the game to another level.
[quoted image]

Man, the cgc Remake just makes that original look kind of sad. Almost like a foreign knock off. Lol. That poor little orange dmd, and the guns look so bad comparatively. I can't imagine paying a premium for the original any longer.

#4107 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Looking forward to your friends and family’s reaction to both of these games

So is everyone on this thread...
Poor man has been waiting forever for his CCR, also very happy for all those people getting their CCR.
Come on approval sticker.

#4108 1 year ago

One thing I haven’t seen discussed much here is the hardware platform. I know CGC completely redid the operating system for CC, which is awesome. Is the hardware in-house, or PROC? Is it a CANBUS architecture, like Stern? Or something a little less distributed? Pardon me for nerding out.

Edit: the FAQ tells all. Control logic and power in the backbox, coils and LEDs under the playfield. So more of a classic pinball hardware architecture.
596633A0-1E98-40DD-9B76-C56E8DA72502 (resized).jpeg596633A0-1E98-40DD-9B76-C56E8DA72502 (resized).jpeg

#4109 1 year ago

Rearranged the pin section last night, the CCr will fit nicely to the left of Godzilla.
Wife thought it looked crowded, but it looks perfect to me! (She is warming up to it )
Can’t wait.
I hope everyone is enjoying their games!
Richard
[quoted image]

I don’t know Richard, I’m seein a little open space next to your soon to be arriving CCr, what’s the next pin?

#4110 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

I don’t know Richard, I’m seein a little open space next to your soon to be arriving CCr, what’s the next pin?

Has to be ToTANr

#4111 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where did you get these? Thanks,

Lights4fun, Inc 20 Cactus Battery Operated Indoor & Outdoor LED Party String Lights https://a.co/d/6UtV2XT

#4112 1 year ago

Flasher domes from pinball life

#4113 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Lights4fun, Inc 20 Cactus Battery Operated Indoor & Outdoor LED Party String Lights https://a.co/d/6UtV2XT

They come in 20’s and everyone needs one or two. Who wants to buy a strip then sell off singles?

#4114 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Man, the cgc Remake just makes that original look kind of sad. Almost like a foreign knock off. Lol. That poor little orange dmd, and the guns look so bad comparatively. I can't imagine paying a premium for the original any longer.

Maybe it’s sad because it is stuck next to Thunderbirds.

#4115 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Maybe it’s sad because it is stuck next to Thunderbirds.

You may like this Homepin factory tour from a YouTuber that does various electrical engineering projects. They check out that machine while there.

#4116 1 year ago

I might be getting carried away with this cactus theme. Just brought this home yesterday. Family members who was moving and not taking it. Hopefully it comes fully back to life, it has been neglected a bit from the looks.

09A4AB73-B6EA-47EC-ACDE-B8D1399F1CB8 (resized).png09A4AB73-B6EA-47EC-ACDE-B8D1399F1CB8 (resized).png
#4117 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I might be getting carried away with this cactus theme. Just brought this home yesterday. Family members who was moving and not taking it. Hopefully it comes fully back to life, it has been neglected a bit from the looks.
[quoted image]

The new SE topper?

#4118 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

The new SE topper?

He is going to need some mighty tall ceilings to pull that off!

#4119 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

[quoted image]

It looks like someone left it near a window where it could see the Michigan Winter.

#4120 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

They come in 20’s and everyone needs one or two. Who wants to buy a strip then sell off singles?

I'd buy a few

#4122 1 year ago

Got to play one today at Yegpin courtesy of Tommy and Nitro Pinball.
Lots of fun great display and built like a tank, trying to the callouts over 200 other pins and people was tough ... sure it's great !
Thanks Nitro for bringing one to the show.

#4123 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Got to play one today at Yegpin courtesy of Tommy and Nitro Pinball.

WAIT A SECOND!

So they can get them into a Canadian pinball show but Richard is still waiting!?!?!?

#4124 1 year ago

Was wondering the same thing when I saw it there?

#4125 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

WAIT A SECOND!
So they can get them into a Canadian pinball show but Richard is still waiting!?!?!?

395ED676-D39B-46FE-BFB1-73DFEE17A5F2 (resized).jpeg395ED676-D39B-46FE-BFB1-73DFEE17A5F2 (resized).jpeg
#4126 1 year ago

WAIT A SECOND!

Now are the pitchforks justified?!

#4127 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Now are the pitchforks justified?!

They have been for awhile!

#4128 1 year ago

They have been for awhile!

Let’s host a show for thread members at Richard’s house. Problem solved. What date works for you?

#4129 1 year ago

I have a CC Remake SE ordered and on the way this week and wanted to get moving on this leg protector issue. This is a first NIB for me, and I'm still a relative newbie.

Question: is the #6 1/2" hex screws we are talking about like these I can find at Lowe's, or is it something else. If so, any suggestions where to buy them (ACE, other hardware stores)?

Last thing, I saw someone post that I'd have to pre-drill to use the hex screws, do I have that right?

Quoted from TeamUp:

I have put the mantis protectors on and they do keep the legs off the cabinet. I will say that in some spots the legs are close still too the cabinet but I made sure and they do not come in contact.
Up top the protectors keep them way off the cab but down at the bottom around the pinch is where they still come close.
I know someone asked so their ya go. Hope this helps.
FYI you do need to pre drill holes to install the new screws for the bracket as the two holes provided for the original set do not line up. Just incase anyone was wondering.

Thanks all

#6 x 1 2-in socket hex screws-box (resized).png#6 x 1 2-in socket hex screws-box (resized).png#6 1:2-in hex screw pic (resized).png#6 1:2-in hex screw pic (resized).png
#4130 1 year ago
Quoted from crashpad:

I have a CC Remake SE ordered and on the way this week and wanted to get moving on this leg protector issue. This is a first NIB for me, and I'm still a relative newbie.
Question: is the #6 1/2" hex screws we are talking about like these I can find at Lowe's, or is it something else. If so, any suggestions where to buy them (ACE, other hardware stores)?
Last thing, I saw someone post that I'd have to pre-drill to use the hex screws, do I have that right?

Thanks all
[quoted image][quoted image]

Take the legs to an engineering shop or the like and get them to press them open a degree or two, whole problem solved & no need to worry about putting all that extra stress on the leg bolts.

#4131 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Was wondering the same thing when I saw it there?

Should we show up with my truck tomorrow, tell Tommy this CCr is going to Richard's as a loaner, till he gets his own new in box? Also where's his sticker already!

#4132 1 year ago

So little follow up ...
This game cannot be sold , just for promotional use...
Guessing sticker #2 is still pending.

This should avoid sticker-gate!

But still don't get the delay.

Sorry Richard you know I have been a long term advocate of you getting your game ...

#4133 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So little follow up ...
Sorry Richard you know I have been a long term advocate of you getting your game ...

Haha! All good!

I knew already there are a few in Canada on display at dealers locations. Ryan told me that when he called me a while back.

I’m sure CGC is working on it!
Gona be great when I get it!

Richard

#4134 1 year ago

Maybe CGC should just order legs from Stern? I just picked up a new game, and one of my leg bolts was stripped so I had to rehab the threads. In doing so I noticed that the Stern legs avoid the decals by a good 1/8"

#4135 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So little follow up ...

As long as Richard displays a CCr banner and invites a guest to demo the machine I’m sure we could clear the loopholes to qualify as “promotional use” in his home.

Just having fun here. But seriously...

#4136 1 year ago

I’m a little surprised how much I’ve had to solder on this game for being brand new. Multiple connections have had to be fixed on mine, the switch for the flipper underneath wasn’t done very well in the 1st place. I know there is maintenance with any game, but having connections break before even 300 total games is a little concerning.

#4137 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Maybe CGC should just order legs from Stern? I just picked up a new game, and one of my leg bolts was stripped so I had to rehab the threads. In doing so I noticed that the Stern legs avoid the decals by a good 1/8"

Why would CGC order legs from Stern? Stern doesn’t make them; they order from a supplier like everyone else.

#4138 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

I’m a little surprised how much I’ve had to solder on this game for being brand new. Multiple connections have had to be fixed on mine, the switch for the flipper underneath wasn’t done very well in the 1st place.

Any pics?

Are you talking about connectors falling off or actual direct solder points?

#4139 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why would CGC order legs from Stern? Stern doesn’t make them; they order from a supplier like everyone else.

Well find out who the supplier is ... its not rocket science....this is such a trivial issue thats causing unnecessary drama for CGC

#4140 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Well find out who the supplier is ... its not rocket science....this is such a trivial issue thats causing unnecessary drama for CGC

And yet you want to create unnecessary drama because you want them to magically fix the problem overnight.

#4141 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

absolutely agree
1) buy a new set of legs see if it solves the problem , cost less than a dinner
2) use a set you already have from another machine
3) put them on a rock and hit them with a sledge hammer
3) take a set off another machine
4) use any of the 500 different methods available to solve the problem and stop whining people

#4142 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And yet you want to create unnecessary drama because you want them to magically fix the problem overnight.

Listen I get your roll is to defend CGC on every single issue so you don't piss off your "source" as for some reason u think your getting inside information? This particular one is pretty simple to figure out, and to be clear this isn't my issue as I won't get my LE until probably Q1 2023 so I really have no horse in this race except I'd like to hear from CGC that they've resolved, and all the customers who are affected taken care of.

#4143 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

I’m a little surprised how much I’ve had to solder on this game for being brand new. Multiple connections have had to be fixed on mine, the switch for the flipper underneath wasn’t done very well in the 1st place. I know there is maintenance with any game, but having connections break before even 300 total games is a little concerning.

Bad luck I guess. I had 1500 plays on my Cactus and never needed to solder even one connection anywhere.

#4144 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This particular one is pretty simple to figure out, and to be clear this isn't my issue as I won't get my LE until probably Q1 2023 so I really have no horse in this race except I'd like to hear from CGC that they've resolved, and all the customers who are affected taken care of.

I’m not here to defend CGC any more than you are to bash them every chance you get.

Let’s say it’s as simple as you think. Let’s say they test and sort all the legs they have on hand to see how many need to be replaced. And the supplier is fixing the problem and sending a new batch. Why don’t you tell us when the new legs are coming in?

What if all the legs for the LEs were powder coated already and most/all of them need to be replaced. When will that be done?

What if there is a new solution being engineered (say new metal protectors)? How long does it take to get thousands of those produced?

How are the logistics of getting new parts to end users that have their game going to be handled? What’s the distributor’s role? What do you do with unboxed games?

Sounds pretty simple. Do you have any of those answers? Of course you don’t. And yet you seem to think CGC is just sitting around doing nothing or not working to take care of their customers.

Contrary to what you might think, I don’t have any “inside source” to protect. I learn things by asking questions of people in the know and sometimes they (and others) volunteer information (probably because they know I’m excited about the product and I’m reasonable and trustworthy).

I’m sorry the responses CGC provided here when they were made aware of the situation aren't good enough for you, but it’s all we have now.

#4145 1 year ago

Haven’t read back more than a couple of pages……….. any LE updates?

#4146 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Haven’t read back more than a couple of pages……….. any LE updates?

Delayed because there is an issue with an LE specific part. Also waiting for replacement arms for the topper (the arms came in but we’re not made to specs). No official word on when to shipments might start. Distributors I’ve spoken to do not believe they are imminent (i.e. in the next 30 days). We also don’t know if the powder coated legs are a new issue in addition to the above (because of overcrimped legs).

#4147 1 year ago

Got the drill and dremel out today, don't think I'll need to glue, nice tight fit

20220724_102224 (resized).jpg20220724_102224 (resized).jpg20220724_102232 (resized).jpg20220724_102232 (resized).jpg20220724_103556 (resized).jpg20220724_103556 (resized).jpg
#4148 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Got the drill and dremel out today, don't think I'll need to glue, nice tight fit

We’re they easy to drill without cracking/splitting the domes?

#4149 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m not here to defend CGC any more than you are to bash them every chance you get.
Let’s say it’s as simple as you think. Let’s say they test and sort all the legs they have on hand to see how many need to be replaced. And the supplier is fixing the problem and sending a new batch. Why don’t you tell us when the new legs are coming in?
What if all the legs for the LEs were powder coated already and most/all of them need to be replaced. When will that be done?
What if there is a new solution being engineered (say new metal protectors)? How long does it take to get thousands of those produced?
How are the logistics of getting new parts to end users that have their game going to be handled? What’s the distributor’s role? What do you do with unboxed games?
Sounds pretty simple. Do you have any of those answers? Of course you don’t. And yet you seem to think CGC is just sitting around doing nothing or not working to take care of their customers.
Contrary to what you might think, I don’t have any “inside source” to protect. I learn things by asking questions of people in the know and sometimes they (and others) volunteer information (probably because they know I’m excited about the product and I’m reasonable and trustworthy).
I’m sorry the responses CGC provided here when they were made aware of the situation aren't good enough for you, but it’s all we have now.

Once again you jump to conclusions, and are entirely wrong in your assumptions. Do I think CGC is doing nothing? Absolutely not I assume they've come up with some sort of plan or possibly plans to address this issue. I don't have those answers (not my responsibility), but clearly CGC could easily communicate the action plan to distributors and then to customers. If that means it's another 6 month delay then so be it at least customers know, and can plan accordingly. I have a lot of games, and an empty spot waiting to be filled, which is for CCRLE, but may get something else in the interim if its gonna be another 6-12 months. Instead what they do is remain silent and leave everyone in the dark, which will always be mind boggling to me so I just vent my frustration here so I can irritate u I've been a customer since the MMRLE release, which is what 8+ years, and its always been the same thing (yea I know I keep coming back). How many months ago did u say LE's would start being delivered? I was the one saying u were smoking crack, and it appears I was right.

#4150 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I have a lot of games, and an empty spot waiting to be filled, which is for CCRLE, but may get something else in the interim if its gonna be another 6-12 months.

Sometimes the best plan is to follow your instinct. Don’t let a delay rob you of your plans and enjoyments. Fill that spot with another pin and adjust your plan as options open up. You say you have lots of games, what’s the rush for another one? Only you know that answer so quench that desire and fill that empty space with something else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/83?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.