(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,404 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by great-hosts
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 309.
#4051 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Very happy with how this turned out. While I had things apart, I installed the mirror blades and the Laserific topper, complete with the town, courtesy of another group member.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks great! My main beef with my SE is the chrome. Yours looks way better, and I know it looks way better in person. I will go with a more rust color (if I don’t sell/trade for an LE spot-anyone out there?), but I know you had spare extra powder-I think it’s a great look. Good job

#4052 1 year ago

My bad...your probably correct

#4053 1 year ago

I'm thinking about grabbing an armless CC topper and making it into an armless Monty Python Knight topper for MM

#4054 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I will go with a more rust color

Another owner did this and posted pics earlier in the thread. Looked very nice.

#4055 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

They have been and dealers have loads in stock for immediate delivery.

Perfect..if I was a distributor I would want to have plenty of product to sell when the LE’s hit the line. Whatever number of SE’s CGC initially quoted they were going to produce goes out the window when the true demand is realized. Fill all the initial SE orders then move to the next phase. I don’t see why they would do it any other way. (Other than to make a few people “happy”, which is unlikely to happen regardless).

#4056 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Does Mirco make the CCr playfields in Germany? I am 99.9% sure.

Now that is some funny shit.

NO !

LTG : )

#4057 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Does Mirco make the CCr playfields in Germany? I am 99.9% sure.

I may have shared this article from Pinball News before, but here it is again. It's an awesome look into the history of Churchill Cabinets and Bally Williams. Back in the day and now. Very interesting read.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2016/11/04/churchill-cabinet-company-tour/

#4058 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Curious of peoples thoughts, I know some are just No-Mod, but what is your opinion on if this would tastefully fit if your alright with mods, if I painted it up to match a character. Just trying to decide if I want to put the time in on the paint job.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Late response here from a newcomer. @polishedball, I think this sculpt looks awesome. Is this something you’d be willing to sell, either via mail or on ThingiVerse? I can have my artist friend paint it for me.

BTW I drank a beer that size (32 ounces) last night.
5E67292B-16AD-4964-A1EE-0E8B8F483605 (resized).jpeg5E67292B-16AD-4964-A1EE-0E8B8F483605 (resized).jpeg

#4059 1 year ago

I think that figure was something he found, not created.

#4060 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think that figure was something he found, not created.

I’ll be on the hunt for it then. It’s perfect for that spot IMHO

#4061 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ll be on the hunt for it then. It’s perfect for that spot IMHO

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1109128606/jalissa-sitting-female-miniatures

#4062 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

That looks great! My main beef with my SE is the chrome. Yours looks way better, and I know it looks way better in person. I will go with a more rust color (if I don’t sell/trade for an LE spot-anyone out there?), but I know you had spare extra powder-I think it’s a great look. Good job

Thanks. Here is a better idea of what it looks like up close:

20220721_110040 (resized).jpg20220721_110040 (resized).jpg
#4063 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Late response here from a newcomer. polishedball, I think this sculpt looks awesome. Is this something you’d be willing to sell, either via mail or on ThingiVerse? I can have my artist friend paint it for me.
BTW I drank a beer that size (32 ounces) last night.
[quoted image]

I found the STL https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-jalissa-by-female-miniatures-195305

#4064 1 year ago

Got My CCr SE the other day and went to change the translite to the alternate one and my glass shattered. I paid $70 to have a tempered glass made/shipped and it isn't the right size. Before I guess again at the actual size, is there anyone that knows the exact measurement of a CCr SE back glass? I looked on the Planetary Pinball website, but couldn't find a replacement glass and also looked (briefly) online for Pinball Back glass, but didn't find any links...maybe someone knows who stocks the right size glass that I can order.
Thanks,

#4065 1 year ago
Quoted from tripp:

Got My CCr SE the other day and went to change the translite to the alternate one and my glass shattered. I paid $70 to have a tempered glass made/shipped and it isn't the right size. Before I guess again at the actual size, is there anyone that knows the exact measurement of a CCr SE back glass? I looked on the Planetary Pinball website, but couldn't find a replacement glass and also looked (briefly) online for Pinball Back glass, but didn't find any links...maybe someone knows who stocks the right size glass that I can order.
Thanks,

Oh man, sorry to hear.

Maybe this one ?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/08-7463

#4066 1 year ago

CCr SE
</blockquote

never mind ..... super tired

#4067 1 year ago

YIKES!

We didn't have figures like those when I was a kid!

It's enough to make my little green army man stand at attention!

He even dropped his grenade!

#4068 1 year ago

No, thanks for the help but that one is 27" wide x 23-1/2" tall and the one on the this game is going to be more like 27 x 19.

It's tempered glass, so I can't buy a piece that might be too big and cut it down...it has to be cut and then heat treated to make it tempered.

Fortunately when the original exploded it was on the ground so I didn't end up with a million pieces on top of the playfield.

#4069 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

CGC builds other products and doesn't actually build Pinball at volume all the time.
Now stopping MID-project like this is a different twist than their usual ramp up and down they do between projects.. but CGC's cadence would be death for a normal full-time pinball company long ago. So they have worked out a model that works for them.
Delays and non-communications are par for the course for CGC - but they've delivered great product, so many are just in the 'have patience' camp.
I gotta believe stalling everything and the cascade of problems that causes is a lot worse than extra labor and shipping cost for toppers.. but Doug@CGC have a different take on it all obviously.
If the stories of having to reject another round of parts is true.. you gotta think eventually their prior plan is strained as their dates slide further and further.

Thanks

#4070 1 year ago
Quoted from tripp:

No, thanks for the help but that one is 27" wide x 23-1/2" tall and the one on the this game is going to be more like 27 x 19.
It's tempered glass, so I can't buy a piece that might be too big and cut it down...it has to be cut and then heat treated to make it tempered.
Fortunately when the original exploded it was on the ground so I didn't end up with a million pieces on top of the playfield.

Contact CGC directly and maybe they will sell a replacement glass?

#4071 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

CGC doesn't do parts sales... they push you off to PPS, etc.

#4072 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tetris.
Got it.

Everyone else can run CGC, must’ve been my turn. My head was getting too big Lloyd. Thanks for grounding me amigo.

More like Stratego I’d think. Dammit. There I go again!

#4073 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Thanks. I sent them an email, but I think Flynnibus is correct as I had to order the shaker motor from Planetary pinball

#4074 1 year ago

Should be standard:

27" x 18 7 /8" x 1/8" thick

Clear tempered.

NO-LOGO

sanded edges

I buy it from my local glass company and have bought many at this size.

Fits perfectly.

Shop around a lot.

The place that has the tempering oven is the cheapest

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=General#Playfield_Glass_Sizes

#4075 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

My head was getting too big Lloyd.

No, you maybe just didn't have any idea of what the inside of that building looks like. Assembly line. Parts storage, high tech area, partially assembled games, area to box games and get ready for shipping, area for video games, area for making playfields, area for making cabinets, area for raw materials.

If you ever get a chance for a tour of the factory, do it. After so many years they kind of use space wisely and not an easy task to make changes that don't impact a bunch of other things.

Quoted from underlord:

More like Stratego I’d think.

That works too.

Quoted from underlord:

Thanks for grounding me amigo.

Thank you for being understanding my friend !

#4076 1 year ago

Any rumours or news about the famous Lyman code?

#4077 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Any rumours or news about the famous Lyman code?

Nothing new. Same as what is on the FAQ.

#4078 1 year ago

I put protectors on and they just dented the decals out further. Then tried the machine head screw and added 3 washers to boss it out a bit more, but it still touches at the top of the leg. I think this will work perfectly, but just sold my se, waiting for our le to arrive.

20220722_093010 (resized).jpg20220722_093010 (resized).jpg
#4079 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I put protectors on and they just dented the decals out further. Then tried the machine head screw and added 3 washers to boss it out a bit more, but it still touches at the top of the leg. I think this will work perfectly, but just sold my se, waiting for our le to arrive.
[quoted image]

Yeah I was going to post that using plastic leg protectors *could* potentially amplify the spacing problem. I got to mine, with the hex-screw fix, just in time; just a few tiny wrinkles in the artwork, but still out of sight (within the leg section). This ! Should be put in the FAQ, or a bulletin from CGC or pinside, NOT to try and fix this problem with plastic cab protectors. Use the hex screw fix, at the least.

#4080 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Yeah I was going to post that using plastic leg protectors *could* potentially amplify the spacing problem. I got to mine, with the hex-screw fix, just in time; just a few tiny wrinkles in the artwork, but still out of sight (within the leg section). This ! Should be put in the FAQ, or a bulletin from CGC or pinside, NOT to try and fix this problem with plastic cab protectors. Use the hex screw fix, at the least.

The screw fix is the primary recommendation in the FAQ already. I’ll add some additional comments later today and certainly update it when we know the official CGC fix/recommendation.

#4081 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The screw fix is the primary recommendation in the FAQ already. I’ll add some additional comments later today.

Maybe add a couple washers under the screw head as needed.

#4082 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe add a couple washers under the screw head as needed.

I added 3 small washers under the heads, it helped, but still tight on the top of the leg. I think by shaping the protector to match the factory protector should solve the problem. Hoping so,,,

#4083 1 year ago

why hasn't anyone just stacked the metal protectors? Seems the most direct approach. Stack to get flat uniform stand-off... and be done with it.

#4084 1 year ago

So I just got to my motel in Wisconsin Dells that I've been playing CGC games for 3 years and to my surprise the legs are digging in. Everyone assured me this was a new problem when I posted that I was disappointed nobody noticed on the other games. What a joke!!! Pathetic..

20220722_150038 (resized).jpg20220722_150038 (resized).jpg20220722_150600 (resized).jpg20220722_150600 (resized).jpg20220722_150626 (resized).jpg20220722_150626 (resized).jpg
#4085 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

why hasn't anyone just stacked the metal protectors? Seems the most direct approach. Stack to get flat uniform stand-off... and be done with it.

Mantis has wider protectors that go outside the leg.

https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-overlap/

These might help, but the leg might smash them too and still hurt the cabinet.

I think the screws and washers has the most merit right now.

#4086 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

These might help, but the leg might smash them too and still hurt the cabinet.

I think the screws and washers has the most merit right now

Love how the pinside community tries to resolve this is issue but the company holding thousands and thousands of deposit dollars is not heard from ...

#4087 1 year ago

A mantis protector few mm thicker CGC version will solve problem.

Plastic protector on top of this will cover any blemish and if installed correctly no further damage will occur.

Flame suit on for the flack I am about to cop from those already affected

I agree with others and hope CGC will advise their preferred resolution soon.

#4088 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:Love how the pinside community tries to resolve this is issue but the company holding thousands and thousands of deposit dollars is not heard from ...

They don't feel its necessary to communicate to buyers...apparently its too much effort

#4089 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They don't feel its necessary to communicate to buyers...apparently its too much effort

Ryan commented in this very thread about the leg issue:

Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

I wanted to give everybody a quick update.
We have been alerted to the issue going on with the legs, and are working hard to come up with a solution that will resolve this issue. We have the supplier involved and are working internally on this also.
We strive to deliver the highest quality games to you with no issues. We stand behind our games, and will get this resolved as soon as possible.

Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

We are currently evaluating the total situation.
Once we have a solution, we can address customers on a case by case basis. Please open up a support desk ticket with CGC, and include Images of the issues. This way we can address your individual concerns, and come up with proper solutions.

And CGC doesn’t know the identity of the end buyers.

#4090 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

A mantis protector few mm thicker CGC version will solve problem.

I thought someone had posted these did not fit?

#4091 1 year ago

Duplicate post

#4092 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought someone had posted these did not fit?

Hey Jim,

It will work 100% if CGC make a custom protector 2-3mm thicker.

A standard mantis with plastic protector (correctly installed) will also work.

#4093 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes they do. And when it's all sorted out and what to do about it. You'll hear from them.

There could be a lot involved. Manufacturing defect - can who made the legs fix it. Who sold the legs ? CGC bought the legs.

With so many involved this isn't an over night fix.

Right now the main thing is open a ticket so CGC can get in touch with you when the time comes.

#4094 1 year ago

Just for the record the Bally/Williams leg design was flawed from the get go.

It is clear that CGC's supplier is using same spec'd die.

Cost effective mitigation is to install a thicker metal spacer and/or plastic protector.

Again metal would be my preference. Plastic will work though same as what Hayfarmer pictured.

These B/W legs go to way back, I had to install plastic protector on my Indy restore. photo below dates back to 26/01/2010.
The black plastic protectors worked fine to cover slight creasing of decals that were installed.

Of course the initial distress of all that hard work was painful, but I got over it.
Was no big deal, end result was fine.
260120103577 (resized).jpg260120103577 (resized).jpg

#4095 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes they do. And when it's all sorted out and what to do about it. You'll hear from them.
There could be a lot involved. Manufacturing defect - can who made the legs fix it. Who sold the legs ? CGC bought the legs.
With so many involved this isn't an over night fix.
Right now the main thing is open a ticket so CGC can get in touch with you when the time comes.

I get it....it wasn't yesterday....it was 3 weeks ago

#4096 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

And in 3 weeks it will be 6 weeks ago.

We'll know when we know.

Lloyd

#4097 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So? Are you expecting a daily update? What if they are still evaluating options? What if they are waiting to hear from a supplier?

We have no evidence that CGC isn’t working on a solution. Until we do, we should trust they are going to do what’s best for their customers.

#4098 1 year ago
90C0DDB5-F63D-459C-91C3-031653D9D899 (resized).jpeg90C0DDB5-F63D-459C-91C3-031653D9D899 (resized).jpeg
#4099 1 year ago

In non-leg news, I played a ton of Cactus Canyon last night at My Parent’s Basement in Decatur (thx @atlpb). I’m even more convinced that I made the right decision switching from Godzilla to CC SE+. The quality is just so good, and I think even my 82-year-old dad would enjoy it (he won’t play anything made after 1979 when he comes over). I’m going to put RFM and CC next to each other in the gameroom so I can tell the story of how everyone was pulled off of CC to go work on “the future of pinball”, RFM. It’s one of the greatest stories in pinball.

#4100 1 year ago

Rearranged the pin section last night, the CCr will fit nicely to the left of Godzilla.

Wife thought it looked crowded, but it looks perfect to me! (She is warming up to it )

Can’t wait.

I hope everyone is enjoying their games!

Richard

409F419E-400D-47D7-A802-D67CF43D5A49 (resized).jpeg409F419E-400D-47D7-A802-D67CF43D5A49 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 15,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/82?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.