(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,422 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 minutes ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 309.
#351 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

FAQ on Shootout video mode updated:
Is there a Shootout video mode when the topper is not installed?
Yes.
When the topper is not installed Shootout can be played on the display like video modes in earlier WPC games IF Adjustment G.21 is set to Yes (counter intuitive if you don’t have the topper) (Default is No)
Use Adjustment G.25 (2nd Shootout) to set the number of beer mug shots needed (Default: 30).

Was this from Lloyds machine? Has anyone with an SE been able to enable this mode?

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Was this from Lloyds machine? Has anyone with an SE been able to enable this mode?

No and Yes. The video was shot on an SE.

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Has anyone with an SE been able to enable this mode?

Yes. I've seen customers get into it.

LTG : )

#354 2 years ago

Can not wait to play the LE.

#355 2 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Allow yourself to be very surprised then!
We got Eric's blessing early on in the project to pull CCC stuff into the update we were working on. We definitely took full advantage of that anywhere his ideas fit within the world we were continuing to build on with our update.

Oh, Man! The thought that there is even a SLIGHT chance Frank'n'beans made the cut puts a smile on my face! No lie - when I told my wife I put down he deposit for this machine, she exclaimed: "The one that farts!!!!!????"

#356 2 years ago

I absolutely loved Eric’s CCC work! The tribute modes and Cowboys and Aliens I could do without. Everything else is awesome and I hope it makes it in the remake!

#357 2 years ago

Drunk multi-ball is so clever, ide be happy to see that included

#358 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

The tribute modes and Cowboys and Aliens I could do without.

I love both but can see both being possible licensing issues for PPS and/or SG gaming, especially the tribute modes.

#359 2 years ago

I would love it if the tributes made it in.
Here’s to hoping!

#360 2 years ago

Found someone local to make me a custom CGC sign. Just missing the CCr now!

093BCCAB-11A5-4FB4-8A52-C1362E5E6B0A (resized).jpeg093BCCAB-11A5-4FB4-8A52-C1362E5E6B0A (resized).jpeg
#361 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

That looks *AWESOME*!

#362 2 years ago

Found someone local to make me a custom CGC sign

Any chance he would make some more? I would love to buy one!

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Any chance he would make some more? I would love to buy one!

I assume so? I just found him randomly on Facebook market place. In Canada. New Brunswick.

He posted a add with sports teams signs. He has a cnc machine and then uses paint and epoxy. I sent him the CGC logo from their webpage. This is what he came up with.

This sign looks amazing.

I could pass his info along if you like.

Richard

#364 2 years ago

I assume so? I just found him randomly on Facebook market place. In Canada. New Brunswick.
He posted a add with sports teams signs. He has a cnc machine and then uses paint and epoxy. I sent him the CGC logo from their webpage. This is what he came up with.
This sign looks amazing.
Richard

I would totally buy one of those!

#365 2 years ago

Oh one thing I forgot was there is a tight spot at the top of the right outlane on my game. So balls without a lot of momentum would hang up there. I need to look close but I think just flexing the outer wire there would fix it.

#366 2 years ago

This sign looks amazing.
Richard

Can you please share your CGC sign maker’s contact info please?

#367 2 years ago

Those lights on the apron that strobe when gunfight is ready, definitely need to be tamed down. I get the idea. It’s nice to know gunfight is ready, but it’s just way too much. That was my only complaint on the game. It’s really an amazing remake.

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I would totally buy one of those!

I couldn't right now. I'll put it on my someday list. To replace the jjp neon that was in my window.

#369 2 years ago

Thank you for sharing. It is amazing.

I hope you get your CCr soon to round things out.

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

jjp neon that was in my window

Good for you sir...
Just terrible how they treated you!

#371 2 years ago

Killing time waiting for the sheriff. My wife and I spray painted a little of the basement wall from a 70's iron-on. Helped tie on the DD screen prints. Carpet next in a couple weeks, will be my first time installing it, hope it goes well.

So excited to see Josh's update!
bas (resized).jpgbas (resized).jpgwiz (resized).jpgwiz (resized).jpgwiz2 (resized).jpgwiz2 (resized).jpgwizf (resized).jpgwizf (resized).jpg

#372 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Killing time waiting for the sheriff. My wife and I spray painted a little of the basement wall from a 70's iron-on. Helped tie on the DD screen prints. Carpet next in a couple weeks, will be my first time installing it, hope it goes well.
So excited to see Josh's update!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!!

#373 2 years ago

Every day checking inbox and spam folder for that invoice… never wanted to pay so much money so bad!

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Every day checking inbox and spam folder for that invoice… never wanted to pay so much money so bad!

More like every hour!

#375 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:More like every hour!

All day every day my heart jumps everytime I see a pinball email but it’s only been advertisements so far.

#376 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDeadHead:

Can you please share your CGC sign maker’s contact info please?

I just spoke with him, he said to contact him via FB messenger.
If you don’t have that he said for me to reach out to him for his phone or email.
Cheers!
Richard

E70A3247-836A-489D-AB61-4E7DC180CD8D (resized).pngE70A3247-836A-489D-AB61-4E7DC180CD8D (resized).png
#377 2 years ago

I just spoke with him, he said to contact him via FB messenger.
If you don’t have that he said for me to reach out to him for his phone or email.
Cheers!
Richard
[quoted image]

Do you remember what the cost was on that?

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Do you remember what the cost was on that?

$150, but I didn’t need shipping.

#379 2 years ago

I have seen some stills, but has there been a video posted of the shootout mode on the display? Thanks

#380 2 years ago

I have seen some stills, but has there been a video posted of the shootout mode on the display? Thanks

Super short video, but post 296.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/6#post-6811394

#381 2 years ago

Don’t forget to check the FAQ when you have an FAQ

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/

#382 2 years ago

I should be able to pick it up tonight unless something comes up.

oooh (resized).pngoooh (resized).png
#383 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I should be able to pick it up tonight unless something comes up.

You look a little under the weather today. Maybe you should take off early today and “rest”.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You look a little under the weather today. Maybe you should take off early today and “rest”.

Yeah...I noticed it too.

#385 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don't put your co-workers at risk. Better to be safe than sorry.

#386 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Maybe get a little play time in as well...

thumbnail_IMG_6711 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_6711 (resized).jpg
#387 2 years ago

looks like I'll have some unboxing insight tomorrow

#388 2 years ago

I read it all before it was updated there, but will remember to check first next time. Thanks for maintaining it!

#389 2 years ago

It is a very good looking machine. Only played one game so far, so not really dialed in at all yet. Going to put a bit more pitch on it.

The playfield when in the raised position rests with the guns against the back box. I will probably put some rubber or foam pad there.

If there is anything you all want to see, let me know.

20220309_212814.jpg20220309_212814.jpg20220309_212854.jpg20220309_212854.jpg20220309_212933.jpg20220309_212933.jpg20220309_213024.jpg20220309_213024.jpg20220309_213552.jpg20220309_213552.jpg
#390 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

It is a very good looking machine. Only played one game so far, so not really dialed in at all yet. Going to put a bit more pitch on it.
The playfield when in the raised position rests with the guns against the back box. I will probably put some rubber or foam pad there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking good! Thanks for sharing! Yes, maybe some thin felt on the back box where that gun hits would be good. Like the anti rattle tape that goes on the playfield glass maybe perfect.

Richard

#391 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow ! There’s like 17 mechs under that playfield

#392 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Wow ! There’s like 17 mechs under that playfield

You counting coils? Yeah it's pretty jammed packed under there!

#393 2 years ago

Is there a hole/cover on top of the head (for the topper wires) or is it solid?
Wondering if the heads for the SEs are different than the LE/SE+ games.

#394 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Probably goes out the back of the head, can anyone confirm?

#395 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Post #336 shows its capped. They use the same back box for all the models. More efficient that way. They did the same thing for my MMRSE. The holes were already there, they just cap them so I didn't need to drill new holes for the king of payne topper.

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Post #336 shows its capped. They use the same back box for all the models. More efficient that way. They did the same thing for my MMRSE. The holes were already there, they just cap them so I didn't need to drill new holes for the king of payne topper.

Thanks. I missed that picture.

#397 2 years ago

Random question....has anyone here ever had to replace the large PCB board on any of the remakes? I have all 3 remakes and never had an issue, but was curious what it might cost?

#398 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Random question....has anyone here ever had to replace the large PCB board on any of the remakes? I have all 3 remakes and never had an issue, but was curious what it might cost?

If it's in line with the price of Stern's node boards, then it's easily over $1k (retail) to replace

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If it's in line with the price of Stern's node boards, then it's easily over $1k (retail) to replace

Wow....

#400 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I have never had to pay for a bad Stern node board. If you work with your distributor and send back the old one, its free.

I also have not heard of any of the larger boards going out on a CGC and I have had 3 games in my collection with AFM being the oldest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

6,800 (Firm)
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.