(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,397 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Menthelm
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 308.
#3801 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Looks neat, but if it blocks the view of the ball in the top lanes, deal breaker. Those Bonus X's add up to huge scores.

I agree on the bonus multipliers. I wanted this mod until I saw the price tag. It's done well, but that's too much for me.

#3802 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I agree on the bonus multipliers. I wanted this mod until I saw the price tag. It's done well, but that's too much for me.

$100 LOL

I didn't click the link until you said something about the price.

#3803 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

$100 LOL
I didn't click the link until you said something about the price.

Actually looks like a lot of work i.e. painting

#3804 1 year ago

Request to become a member!

Build date 7-7-22

20220715_122714 (resized).jpg20220715_122714 (resized).jpg
#3805 1 year ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

Request to become a member!
Build date 7-7-22

You were a member as soon as you ordered the game

What’s your serial number?

#3806 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Looks neat, but if it blocks the view of the ball in the top lanes, deal breaker. Those Bonus X's add up to huge scores.

Are you thinking of getting your own game past Monday?

#3807 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Safe to say 500 SE Models was not true …

Hope they save enough parts for the LE / SE+

#3808 1 year ago

Believe they've crossed 750 SE by now, based on some serial #s I've seen.
Talk about milking the SEs. 9 months and no LEs yet. Other companies have navigated the supply chain hurdles, what's CGC's excuse?

#3809 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you thinking of getting your own game past Monday?

Maybe, but I don’t need to own my own to know that this mod is a dealbreaker if it blocks the view of the lanes. If you cannot see the ball then that is a dealbreaker. Mods should be unobtrusive and not affect gameplay.

#3810 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Safe to say 500 SE Models was not true …
Hope they save enough parts for the LE / SE+

Well, 500 was an estimated minimum, not a limit.

I suspect the SE+ will be nothing more than the bundling of an SE and a topper so no reason not to keep building SEs if something else is holding up the LEs or the toppers.

#3811 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unit 1984 here!

#3812 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Did that require you to buy a card, or does the game already have one and you dump the file on it? I'm sure its documented but figured I'd ask

I dumped it on an sd card. Had to format fat32 and actually read the monster bash manual, as the CCr manual doesn’t include the details anymore. Just make sure you have the resolution correct for logo and attract , and named correctly, 24bit windows .bmp and it should work

#3814 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Talk about milking the SEs. 9 months and no LEs yet. Other companies have navigated the supply chain hurdles, what's CGC's excuse?

“The Topper Syndrome “

#3815 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Pretty typical CGC .... they have historically been 6-12 months behind schedule...its just their MO

#3816 1 year ago

Maybe this is common knowledge but it is parts shortages for the topper specifically that is holding up LEs and thus SE+. CGC received a shipment of said parts 2-3 weeks ago but they were wrong or bad so they are waiting for replacement parts. From China. This from a distributor who recently visited the factory.

And yea the SE+ is “nothing more” than SE with the topper. That’s made clear on the website.

#3817 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Maybe this is common knowledge but it is parts shortages for the topper specifically that is holding up LEs and thus SE+. CGC received a shipment of said parts 2-3 weeks ago but they were wrong or bad so they are waiting for replacement parts. From China. This from a distributor who recently visited the factory.
And yea the SE+ is “nothing more” than SE with the topper. That’s made clear on the website.

I wouldn't be surprised if they shipped SE+ before LE's

#3818 1 year ago

Was flipping through Pinball Map app to see where I wanted go play tomorrow and came across this…Have we all been duped?!!
Will report back tomorrow, just in case lol

41DC8774-BD29-4D7B-A670-2D97B8E2DA38 (resized).jpeg41DC8774-BD29-4D7B-A670-2D97B8E2DA38 (resized).jpeg
#3819 1 year ago

Well my pops were working great but now they are barely responding at all. Most of the time the ball just passes right through. I tested each one and they definitely work with pressure applied, but the ball doesn’t seem to be doing it. I saw LTG’s post a while back about adjusting the switch but it’s so tight back there I’m having trouble getting access. Never done it before either so I’m partially confident at best. Hopefully I can figure it out.

#3820 1 year ago

Probably a misprint..SE most likely..let us know though!

#3821 1 year ago

Ship the “SE” part of the SE+. We can wait for the topper. Send us the pin!

Sincerely,

A CCr SE+ reservation holder

#3822 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

And yea the SE+ is “nothing more” than SE with the topper.

Correct on the parts. Butch mentioned this about a month ago.

On the “nothing more” comnent. Agree. I only meant that the SE+ likely wouldn’t have a separate model number and that the idea that the idea CGC was “saving parts” to build SE+ (over LEs) doesn’t make sense.

#3823 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Unless there is a new issue unique to the LEs that is not the plan. From (almost) the beginning the plan has been to deliver all LEs before SE+ games and CGC was pretty clear about that.

#3824 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Hopefully I can figure it out.

Under the playfield, power off. Tweak one at a time. That will help you get the hang of it and easy to start over if you make it a little worse the first time.

Take your time, think about it and what you are doing. You'll do fine.

LTG : )

#3825 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unless there is a new issue unique to the LEs that is not the plan. From (almost) the beginning the plan has been to deliver all LEs before SE+ games and CGC was pretty clear about that.

I understand thats what they said, but clearly they have parts for SE's .... my guess is the delay is not limited to topper parts, but of course I could be wrong.

#3826 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

They absolutely should. They charged the same damn price for less stuff. Stupid ass game flippers scarfing up all the LE’s before the games actually went up for sale so guys without routes and long term relationships with dealers never had a shot at an LE.

#3827 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Stupid ass game flippers scarfing up all the LE’s before the games actually went up for sale so guys without routes and long term relationships with dealers never had a shot at an LE.

Getting an LE is never easy but for CCr it seemed many distributors only took deposits online post announcement so in those cases it didn’t matter if you had a previous relationship or not.

What many seem to forget is how *incredibly easy* it was to get a guaranteed LE slot. Up until about a week before the announcement (and long after the August SFGE reveal) getting a confirmed LE spot was a simple as sending PPS an email. The mad scramble for the LE started only after topper FOMO. As for LE flippers, I’m sure there are some but it sure seemed like a lot fewer than a typical Stern game.

#3828 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:.
What seem to forget is that it was *incredibly easy* to get a guaranteed LE slot. Up until about a week before the announcement (and long after the August SFGE) getting a confirmed LE spot was a simple as sending PPS an email. The mad scramble for the LE started only after topper FOMO.

?? There was no known price before the game reveal… the reveal that included the topper and cgc-extras. Which happened at expo.

#3829 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

?? There was no known price before the game reveal… the reveal that included the topper and cgc-extras. Which happened at expo.

Irrelevant. Non-refundable deposits weren’t required. Heck there are people on Stern LE lists for years for unannounced games.

The point is once CCr was confirmed anyone who wanted an LE could have gotten one. And we knew about the Lyman/Josh involvement before Expo too. It wasn’t until pricing was announced way under expectations and people went nuts after the topper that everyone went batshit over the LE.

#3830 1 year ago

^^^^ This

#3831 1 year ago

Progress made!

DD20CC78-09B9-4D3C-B895-9C6D4E7CA0EE (resized).jpegDD20CC78-09B9-4D3C-B895-9C6D4E7CA0EE (resized).jpeg
#3832 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Progress made!
[quoted image]

Make him look more like this

DCAD0BDD-8580-4133-8E57-BDBB14E00A77 (resized).jpegDCAD0BDD-8580-4133-8E57-BDBB14E00A77 (resized).jpeg
#3833 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Progress made!
[quoted image]

Wow, that's very impressive, well done!

#3834 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Make him look more like this
[quoted image]

"Would you say that I have a plethora?"

#3835 1 year ago

Hey anyone have an issue with their flipper getting stuck? My right flipper will get jammed occasionally. If I look down the crack between the playfield and the side wall I see there is a green led lit when this happens. I assume this led is on a circuit board that controls the flipper. So it seems the machine thinks I’m holding the flipper button in. If I twist the button and smack it a few times it frees up. Doesn’t happen all the time but it’s annoying when it does. Any advice?

#3836 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Hey anyone have an issue with their flipper getting stuck? My right flipper will get jammed occasionally. If I look down the crack between the playfield and the side wall I see there is a green led lit when this happens. I assume this led is on a circuit board that controls the flipper. So it seems the machine thinks I’m holding the flipper button in. If I twist the button and smack it a few times it frees up. Doesn’t happen all the time but it’s annoying when it does. Any advice?

Lift the playfield and investigate your button and leaf switches it presses. Something may be getting stuck, I
Either the button or the switch. It could be lots of other things too but start there.

(Or is it an opto? At any rate see if anything obviously wrong there)

#3837 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

I recently fixed an issue with the same symptoms on my AIQ; flipper would occasionally stick and a smack of the cabinet would release it. Turns out that the plunger had developed a slight burr, that combined with slight dishing of the coil stop was enough to cause the problem. Replaced the plunger with linkage and coil stop and it fixed the problem, the game must have had 1500 plays at that point. Another simple thing to try is replace the coil sleeve.

#3838 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Check to see if it isn't just an overly sensitive opto switch because the button protrudes too far, as if you slightly depressed the button yourself. I had this issue on the right side of my game initially.

#3840 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Check to see if it isn't just an overly sensitive opto switch because the button protrudes too far, as if you slightly depressed the button yourself. I had this issue on the right side of my game initially.

Thank you all for the help. I have noticed the button is extremely sensitive. Does this sound like the switch issue you had?

#3841 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Turns out that the plunger had developed a slight burr, that combined with slight dishing of the coil stop was enough to cause the problem. Replaced the plunger with linkage and coil stop

Geez…Stern still using those aluminum foil coil stops? AFAIK CGC is not in that camp.

#3842 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Thank you all for the help. I have noticed the button is extremely sensitive. Does this sound like the switch issue you had?

The button on mine had a mould protrusion on the end that was engaging the opto interruptor. A little gentle filling took care of it. Unlike a leaf switch, I don't think there is an easy way to adjust flipper sensitivity on the opto system itself. I'm happy to be wrong, if someone has a method. My searches in the past all pointed to essentially the same thing as adjusting valve clearance on an engine.

#3843 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

AFAIK CGC is not in that camp.

Different size, etc. CGC isn't in that camp.

LTG : )

#3844 1 year ago

I have searched everywhere,
Still looking for a picture of CCr backbox translight/backglass lighting arrangement ?

Anyone able to help with this ?

I can only assume BB lighting is the same across all CCr models ?

Haggis Fathom remake pic for reference.

bbox fat (resized).jpgbbox fat (resized).jpg

#3845 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

... of pinatas??

#3846 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Of pullovers ?

#3847 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Irrelevant. Non-refundable deposits weren’t required. Heck there are people on Stern LE lists for years for unannounced games.
The point is once CCr was confirmed anyone who wanted an LE could have gotten one. And we knew about the Lyman/Josh involvement before Expo too. It wasn’t until pricing was announced way under expectations and people went nuts after the topper that everyone went batshit over the LE.

Well.. KNOWING WHAT IT COSTS... is kinda a big part of the demand for the game. To simply argue 'you could have gotten on a list' prior is dumb. We all know those lists are non-commital - from both parties. And the very presence of the SE+ is evidence that even CGC didn't think 'anyone who wanted an LE could have gotten one' because they had to rejigger their product offer to appease those who wanted an LE but couldn't get one.

The facts are - when the game actually went on sale, demand ate up supply almost immediately. Anyone who wan't on-deck and waiting that week would have missed out.

#3848 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I have searched everywhere,
Still looking for a picture of CCr backbox translight/backglass lighting arrangement ?
Anyone able to help with this ?
I can only assume BB lighting is the same across all CCr models ?
Haggis Fathom remake pic for reference.
[quoted image]

Fathom uses PCBs in the backbox.
CCr uses a plastic light tub like the original uses IIRC

#3849 1 year ago

It’s a cardigan but thanks for noticing.

#3850 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Fathom uses PCBs in the backbox.
CCr uses a plastic light tub like the original uses IIRC

Ok, thanks,
If you guys can excuse my obsession over this.

I am curious as I would have thought CGC may have taken the PCB route as well.

So if the old school tub is still being used with wedge sockets any old LED can be installed.
I haven't seen anyone join the rainbow puke club yet.

I am more curious about what will be backlighting PPS stunning back glass ?

Surprised that CGC may not have take the Stern cheapo approach ?

The sockets, associated wiring and ol scool tub would come with a far greater cost.

Other reason im interested in BG lighting is how much reflection there may be and if I need to invest in a sheet of PDI.

Man I wish PDI was an option. I would happily pay a fair price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/77?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.