(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 309.
#3751 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Take the glass off and make it a monstrous score.
He’ll think he’s a crap player for years, what are friends for!

Been a crap player for 6, what’s a few more??

#3752 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Prior owner played 10 games and never removed the zip tie that secures the train during shipping.

Lol, a CLASSIC case of RTFD. There's a sheet under the glass that says to remove the foam and zip ties prior to turning on.

#3753 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

(SNIP)
Funny thing, I never saw the train move after 5 games. I'm thinking WTF do I need to do to see the train move? I see there's a motor up there and a pulley system, so the thing moves.
Went into test mode to the Train test and could hear it trying to move.
Prior owner played 10 games and never removed the zip tie that secures the train during shipping.

One of the setup procedures is to cut a zip tie from the back of the train. This zip tie locks the train for shipping. I have an unboxing video that shows me cutting it closer to the end of the video.

-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#3754 1 year ago

Not a big issue, but only 80 games played and there's a already a rubber ready to break.

Not really sure what would have caused the gash in the middle of it. Are my flipper shots really that powerful?

We love playing this pin, it's alot of fun.

20220713_115007 (resized).jpg20220713_115007 (resized).jpg
#3755 1 year ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Not a big issue, but only 80 games played and there's a already a rubber ready to break.
Not really sure what would have caused the gash in the middle of it. Are my flipper shots really that powerful?
[quoted image]

Get that broken rubber fixed before you have little CCr running around the game room!

#3756 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Expert Player over stressed the game

#3757 1 year ago

[quoted image]

could have just been a rubber that was nick'd etc . Sometimes just some parts are bad.

#3758 1 year ago

I normally change rubbers to titan when I receive the game. Plays better and much better quality. Rubbers in game is like new tires on a car. Gets you by but not great.

#3759 1 year ago

Titan rubbers for sure. Anyone put any different colour rubbers on that they feel enhances the factory black?

#3760 1 year ago

Or maybe rubber is to small in that spot!

#3761 1 year ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Titan rubbers for sure. Anyone put any different colour rubbers on that they feel enhances the factory black?

I did clear where lit, red in most other areas. I usually match posts to local PF color, but on this game, it happens to be black most of the time. I stick with low bounce on the flippers, as most games get some crazy bounces during multiball.

20220629_095559 (resized).jpg20220629_095559 (resized).jpg
#3762 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I normally change rubbers to titan when I receive the game. Plays better and much better quality. Rubbers in game is like new tires on a car. Gets you by but not great.

+1!!

#3763 1 year ago

Not really sure what would have caused the gash in the middle of it.

Manufacturing defect. A hollow bubble inside the rubber ring you couldn't see, until it breaks. Now you can see it.

LTG : )

#3764 1 year ago

Anyone else disable the Gunfight flashers under the pistols? That’s really annoying to my eyes even at the lowest level.

#3765 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone else disable the Gunfight flashers under the pistols? That’s really annoying to my eyes even at the lowest level.

Yes. Then someone suggested some sticky tinted material available on Amazon. It's made to dim LEDs on household products. Works like a champ!

Screenshot_20220714-083715_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220714-083715_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#3766 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Covered in the FAQ. Consider a diffuser.

#3767 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Frequently discussed issue. I don’t know anyone that would want lights that bright, unless you wear sunglasses while you play. I turned mine to the lowest setting, seems less seizure inducing. Consider diffusers if it really bothers you.

#3768 1 year ago

Just have the game until Monday. No time to deep dive into this thread.

Was just making a comment, no help needed.

#3769 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just have the game until Monday. No time to deep dive into this thread.

FAQ is the first post on the first page. No deep dive of the thread required.

#3770 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

FAQ is the first post on the first page. No deep dive of the thread required.

Would be a boring thread if no personal experience was discussed.

#3771 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Have 1500 plays on my CCr, and no broken rubber anywhere. Just bad luck for you, unfortunately.

#3772 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Have 1500 plays on my CCr, and no broken rubber anywhere. Just bad luck for you, unfortunately.

1500 Nice! Any unusual issues or areas of wear to look out for?

#3773 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Would be a boring thread if no personal experience was discussed.

Well then I guess that shows you indeed haven’t read the thread.

I don’t think anyone would classify it as boring. There’s been plenty of personal experiences discussed — topper gate, leg gate, apron flasher gate, backglass gate, where the hell is my game gate and many other topics …

One of the purposes of the FAQ is to minimize/avoid repeating the same discussions over and over every time someone new pops in.

#3774 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well then I guess that shows you indeed haven’t read the thread.
I don’t think anyone would classify it as boring. There’s been plenty of personal experiences discussed — topper gate, leg gate, apron flasher gate, backglass gate, where the hell is my game gate and many other topics …
One of the purposes of the FAQ is to minimize/avoid repeating the same discussions over and over every time someone new pops in.

I get it. But you're the one saying the same thing over and over to me.

Anyways, I'll be outta here soon enough.

#3775 1 year ago

I decided not to thoroughly scan the FAQ. But I am just curious, this is not a problem I need to fix to, just wondering if anyone ever had a ball stuck here before? I can’t recall on any game me ever getting a ball flying up and getting stuck on the apron.

577BB3B2-0715-4093-980C-F516A76F555B (resized).jpeg577BB3B2-0715-4093-980C-F516A76F555B (resized).jpeg
#3776 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

1500 Nice! Any unusual issues or areas of wear to look out for?

Yeah, my Cactus Canyon was on location and pretty popular. After all those plays, it still basically looked just like it came out of the box. No pf wear, no broken/chipped anything, no dimples, ect. It held up very well.

#3777 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I decided not to thoroughly scan the FAQ. But I am just curious, this is not a problem I need to fix to, just wondering if anyone ever had a ball stuck here before? I can’t recall on any game me ever getting a ball flying up and getting stuck on the apron.
[quoted image]

I had one stuck on top of the mine, almost like it was made to hold the ball there. But never on the apron.

#3778 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

can’t recall on any game me ever getting a ball flying up and getting stuck on the apron.

I've seen this posted in other threads, but very rare, maybe 2-3 times as I recall. Not specifically on CC tho.

Please let us know how easy or difficult it is to remove the ball.

Thanks
Kerry

#3779 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

[quoted image]

Might be due to lowering the apron height to fit the pistols in there.

#3780 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I can’t recall on any game me ever getting a ball flying up and getting stuck on the apron.

Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Please let us know how easy or difficult it is to remove the ball.

The chrome rail in front middle of apron, see if you can raise it up any.

Then remove the lockdown bar. Slide a ruler or flat piece of wood under the glass to push the ball. Slide it over to the shooter lane and then push towards the rear of the game to the shooter lane.

Sliding the glass down won't work. Ball moves with it and gets stuck worse.

LTG : )

#3781 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Yes. Then someone suggested some sticky tinted material available on Amazon. It's made to dim LEDs on household products. Works like a champ![quoted image]

Ordered those on prime two weeks ago still nothing. No tracking. I’ll have to open case but Amazon won’t let me yet.

#3782 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Ordered those on prime two weeks ago still nothing. No tracking. I’ll have to open case but Amazon won’t let me yet.

Mine had no tracking and took over a week, but arrived anyway. They are mailing it in a plain white envelope with letter postage, no tracking.

#3783 1 year ago

Prototypes for a topper I’m working on. This one is printed FDM - the final will be Resin or sculpted so it will have no lines. One or both arms will have motion. And the hat will have motion as well….

37DE6EA8-7A2D-422D-B9AE-9664887AFD6D (resized).jpeg37DE6EA8-7A2D-422D-B9AE-9664887AFD6D (resized).jpeg95F75FA7-E916-4540-A714-C26AC03E436C (resized).jpeg95F75FA7-E916-4540-A714-C26AC03E436C (resized).jpegCFB01EA7-7F69-4595-8041-F9EAD267A079 (resized).jpegCFB01EA7-7F69-4595-8041-F9EAD267A079 (resized).jpeg
#3784 1 year ago

Extra Cacti!!! $17 for the whole set on Amazon. More cacti not pictured. And not silly looking.. Adhered by command strips and trimmed. Looks trick. Got the train tracks from mezel mods ..they are nicer than the plain brown ones. And just installed the shaker motor! Doing my own topper as well..still in the works. Going to have a tumbleweed on a pulley, between the top art I’m making (going to send the art in to signs. Com to make a 28” wide vinyl sticker, to backlight. Train track is going. I bought an O scale steam locomotive but i may trash that idea. OH, I used my own king henry logo on the bottom lcd screen. Meesa likes it

1F642169-D4CC-48D0-ACFD-B234A63A0BB5 (resized).jpeg1F642169-D4CC-48D0-ACFD-B234A63A0BB5 (resized).jpegA01DF484-6A78-490C-A306-BB4A5E846727 (resized).jpegA01DF484-6A78-490C-A306-BB4A5E846727 (resized).jpegA4E5B8E7-B4DD-4245-AE3E-9878DACFF96C (resized).jpegA4E5B8E7-B4DD-4245-AE3E-9878DACFF96C (resized).jpeg

BDC964F5-D984-4ABD-BC2E-7FDDBFB1A49C (resized).jpegBDC964F5-D984-4ABD-BC2E-7FDDBFB1A49C (resized).jpegEA688C8E-444C-4669-8FBF-3CCC5B898F3A (resized).jpegEA688C8E-444C-4669-8FBF-3CCC5B898F3A (resized).jpeg
#3785 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Prototypes for a topper I’m working on. This one is printed FDM - the final will be Resin or sculpted so it will have no lines. One or both arms will have motion. And the hat will have motion as well….
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is badass, pm me your progress!? Is it going to work similar to the oem topper? If so, sign me up! Mine is way different but I really do want that damn factory topper lol

#3786 1 year ago

Mine isn’t interactive to the game, the right and left arms will move independently. They will do fake draws sometimes and real draws others. I may make the hat jump like the beer mugs or simply put it on a bobble spring. I’m going to also have a cactus or two on a bobble. I came across the same scenery on Amazon while looking also. I’m still trying to decide what to do. I was thinking about an ultra wide monitor too.

I’ll keep you updated of the progress.

I have the arms and hat on the printer right now.

Tomorrow I will run the large one in resin.

If you send me your email address I can send you a a clip of the ram in motion.

Best

#3787 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

This is badass, pm me your progress!? Is it going to work similar to the oem topper? If so, sign me up! Mine is way different but I really do want that damn factory topper lol

Link to the Amazon cacti?

#3788 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

OH, I used my own king henry logo on the bottom lcd screen. Meesa likes it

Did that require you to buy a card, or does the game already have one and you dump the file on it? I'm sure its documented but figured I'd ask

#3789 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Prototypes for a topper

Still be done before LE and SE+
Nice work

#3790 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

The chrome rail in front middle of apron, see if you can raise it up any.

Sliding the glass down won't work. Ball moves with it and gets stuck worse.

Chrome rail is in the top position and sliding the glass down worked fine with the ball acting as a ball bearing to assist the glass.

Happened during the Showdown Gunfight mode, so was a huge brick likely off the 2nd to left drop target. I've hit that several times in other games and it stayed up and gave a hard brick. Will adjust the spring like I had to do with the Scoleri Brothers to drop them without bricking.

#3791 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Chrome rail is in the top position and sliding the glass down worked fine with the ball acting as a ball bearing to assist the glass.
Happened during the Showdown Gunfight mode, so was a huge brick likely off the 2nd to left drop target. I've hit that several times in other games and it stayed up and gave a hard brick. Will adjust the spring like I had to do with the Scoleri Brothers to drop them without bricking.

I've had a few drop target direct hits that sdtm without dropping target. Are you tightening or loosening spring to solve? Luckily, never had a pinball up on the apron.

#3792 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It pinched at

I've had a few drop target direct hits that sdtm without dropping target. Are you tightening or loosening spring to solve? Luckily, never had a pinball up on the apron.

I believe it was to weaken the spring or replace with a WMS flipper return spring.

#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Drops targets that won't stay up, can be helped with a weaker/looser spring.

Drop targets that won't drop, can be helped by stiffer/stronger springs.

But that being said, it's common for drop targets to not drop from a hard, fast, direct shot. I've seen it on 1980s Williams games, and on 2010's Stern games. To a certain point, it's kind of just a part of how they're designed.

Slow hits, and hits to the edges or sides of a drop will usually make the target drop perfectly. Sort of have to play around it to a point.

#3794 1 year ago

https://mezelmods.com/products/cactus-canyon-pinball-mine-cart-and-track?_pos=1&_sid=027910b8b&_ss=r

2F002973-A998-4F70-874A-C6A9826431A3 (resized).jpeg2F002973-A998-4F70-874A-C6A9826431A3 (resized).jpeg78040DDE-098C-4C98-96E2-A62BF3D4D49A (resized).jpeg78040DDE-098C-4C98-96E2-A62BF3D4D49A (resized).jpeg
#3796 1 year ago

Here's the first video in this new series for Pinball Mayhem - basically my efforts to make the game "play better". There's also a common blunder that I included at the end of the video (Doh!)
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#3797 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Here's the first video in this new series for Pinball Mayhem - basically my efforts to make the game "play better". There's also a common blunder that I included at the end of the video (Doh!)
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

Feedback for you..,

I am not going to watch a series videos about suggested changes that are inconclusive and spend 80% of the video doing step by step routine things. If you spend 5mins explaining how to bend a switch blade i might just explode.

Those are ‘journey’ videos… not tip videos

#3798 1 year ago

Cactus on amazon just type cactus plastic toy in search and you'll see it 2nd or 3rd item.

#3799 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

Thanks for sharing. Great video.

#3800 1 year ago

Looks neat, but if it blocks the view of the ball in the top lanes, deal breaker. Those Bonus X's add up to huge scores.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/76?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.