(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 309.
#3701 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try Adjustments - Standard - Max Ex Balls B.I.P, set to 1
That should get rid of crazy extra balls and cause lower scores.
LTG : )

Sorry, didn’t mean extra balls. I meant during the showdown multiball how every time you clear the drops it adds another ball in play. Is there a setting for that limits that?

#3702 1 year ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Yes, please be careful. I'm 49 and took it downstairs myself...pulled my back and could barely move for a week! I think it's normally a two person job. The good thing that came out of it is finally buying a motorized hand truck that I should have bought years ago. Live and learn I guess.
[quoted image]

hang on, is 49 considered old? I just had a reality check

#3703 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I love a good polished bolt !

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-buy-actual-chrome-bolts-ebay-sux-
Gold star if you guess the game,
No cheating with profile check [quoted image]

Checked your profile, still unsure? If it was a b/w I could tell you but it’s not

#3704 1 year ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Sorry, didn’t mean extra balls. I meant during the showdown multiball how every time you clear the drops it adds another ball in play. Is there a setting for that limits that?

Not that I see in the original manual.

#3705 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I love a good polished bolt !

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-buy-actual-chrome-bolts-ebay-sux-
Gold star if you guess the game,
No cheating with profile check [quoted image]

Metallica LE

#3706 1 year ago

Hi, would a SAM (Stern) shaker motor fit (and work) on a CC?

#3707 1 year ago

Winner !

#3708 1 year ago

I'd like to add a trough light because that area seems dark to me. I know that either mezel or lermods made a trough light for MBr that plugged into a spare auxiliary connector on the main board. I'm not seeing one on my CCr and curious if anyone has added a trough light? If so, what did you use and how did you power it?

I'm also interested in maybe adding a spotlight shining on the mine area as well.

Thanks!

#3709 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'd like to add a trough light because that area seems dark to me. I know that either mezel or lermods made a trough light for MBr that plugged into a spare auxiliary connector on the main board. I'm not seeing one on my CCr and curious if anyone has added a trough light? If so, what did you use and how did you power it?
I'm also interested in maybe adding a spotlight shining on the mine area as well.
Thanks!

Comet has a bunch of cool lighting options

https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/matrix

#3710 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Comet has a bunch of cool lighting options
https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/matrix

The question is how/where do you tie in on these machines. I have a variety of their matrix products.

#3711 1 year ago

LTG - Any ideas?

#3712 1 year ago

When I added a trough light to mmr. I had to buy a bulb from pps. Then I spliced into one of the rgb strings. Had to find the connector and rgb wire off of ebay. If yiu don't want the rgb effect. You could most likely use some of the Comet matrix stuff and feed off a gi bulb.

#3713 1 year ago

Played a se at southland lanes in Cleveland tonight. Really enjoyed it and have an le on order. Ball did get stuck on the wood mine post and ball search freed it a few moments later. That maybe something I need to fix. Definitely worth the price.

#3714 1 year ago

Went to a location and was happy to a an SE

Looked amazing !!

Did have cabinet decal bubbling in the front

Also very happy to eventually have an LE

09C24F04-E6B8-4604-BC55-46B92DEA8B98 (resized).jpeg09C24F04-E6B8-4604-BC55-46B92DEA8B98 (resized).jpegE8B1675A-A7B3-469E-BE42-E50AB846F5DF (resized).jpegE8B1675A-A7B3-469E-BE42-E50AB846F5DF (resized).jpeg
#3715 1 year ago

No. Damage from a mod can void your warranty. So I can't help on these.

#3716 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Damage from a mod can void your warranty. So I can't help on these.

I was more wondering if you were aware of an aux connector or something like it on a board like there was on at least MBr

#3717 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

When I added a trough light to mmr. I had to buy a bulb from pps. Then I spliced into one of the rgb strings. Had to find the connector and rgb wire off of ebay. If yiu don't want the rgb effect. You could most likely use some of the Comet matrix stuff and feed off a gi bulb.

Appreciate it. I need to double check that there are any GI bulbs that aren't on a board.

#3718 1 year ago

@black

Quoted from per3per3:

I was more wondering if you were aware of an aux connector or something like it on a board like there was on at least MBr

Perhaps you could repurpose this:

https://lermods.com/shop/ols/products/medieval-madness-remake-se-re-pinball-led-strip-undercabinet-light-kit/v/MMR-UNDR-CAB-SE-RE

#3719 1 year ago

Does anyone make anything from this quote via an email from PPS?

“ Thank you for continuing to wait for your CCR LE. Your patience and understanding is really appreciated. We hope to have a shipping update very soon, so please be on the lookout for that.”

This was a Game Loyalty Program correspondence regarding the Backglass so who knows but maybe there is something to it.

#3720 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Does anyone make anything from this quote via an email from PPS?
“ Thank you for continuing to wait for your CCR LE. Your patience and understanding is really appreciated. We hope to have a shipping update very soon, so please be on the lookout for that.”

What that says to me:
- PPS, like probably every other distributor, hadn’t heard when their first batch of LEs will ship
- Like everyone else they hope CGC will tell them something soon. That doesn’t mean LEs will actually ship soon.

It’s good marketing to keep customers updated without actually saying anything

#3721 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What that says to me:
- PPS, like probably every other distributor, hadn’t heard when their first batch of LEs will ship
- Like everyone else they hope CGC will tell them something soon. That doesn’t mean LEs will actually ship soon.
It’s good marketing to keep customers updated without actually saying anything

I mostly agree, but saying “ so please be on the lookout for that.” without then providing any timely shipping update would just invite more animosity.

#3722 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I mostly agree, but saying “ so please be on the lookout for that.” without then providing any timely shipping update would just invite more animosity.

Fingers crossed we hear from CGC soon.

I’m actually more curious what the exclusive Cactus Canyon artwork to be offered to PPS customers is.

#3723 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m actually more curious what the exclusive Cactus Canyon artwork to be offered to PPS customers is.

I didn’t think I had missed anything ? What exclusive CCr artwork ? Where was that mentioned ? I can’t find it…..

#3724 1 year ago

i purchased the Mantis protectors and they were not enough for the over-bent legs as provided; there was still some contact in a few spots.

before i put the Mantis protectors on, i tried a set of WPC legs that came from PBR about five years ago and were unused (got 'em for an Italian container buy game that ended up not needing them.) they were a lot better than the legs as provided with the game, but still there was some very minor contact in spots with the factory protectors installed.

the combination of the Mantis protectors and the older WPC legs from PBR did the trick and spaced the legs out nicely. the leg bolts as provided are plenty long enough for the Mantis protectors.

sadly, between the two with tax and shipping it was almost a $120 fix but the game should be free of ruined corner decals for the foreseeable future. of course, i had installed the provided legs first and played a few days with 'em until i caught up on contact issues in this thread. fortunately the damage was minor and there was no tearing.

#3725 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

How sensitive is the "Bottom Jet Bumper" supposed to be? (2-65/66 in the manual) It looks more like a slingshot than a pop bumper.
I had a credit dot, that switch was the culprit. I can actuate it while in switch tests, but it takes a pretty direct, firm push on the rubber to register. I don't think it is actuating during gameplay very often. It is probably why my pops don't seem as lively as what I noticed on location when the ball is ejected from the mine.
[quoted image]

i had a similar issue with a credit dot but it turned out the leaf switches were forced together by the rubber ring of the sling and always activated; how they were not simply machine-gunning away all the time i'm not sure but maybe the CGC hardware or code somehow takes that into account and prevents it? i had noticed that the ball dropped out of the pops pretty quickly but without another machine to test against i wasn't sure if that was just how the game plays.

i adjusted the switches from the bottom of the playfield with a leaf tool. the switches are kinda buried in there (especially the right one, jammed up against the base of the slingshot assembly,) but it was possible to get it in there. it took a few tries for each to get 'em solid as it was easy to over-adjust one way or another, but once i did the action in the pops improved dramatically and no more credit dot.

#3726 1 year ago
Quoted from mc300baud:

i had a similar issue with a credit dot but it turned out the leaf switches were forced together by the rubber ring of the sling and always activated; how they weren't simply machine-gunning away i'm not sure but maybe the CGC code takes that into account somehow. i had noticed that the ball dropped out of the pops pretty quickly but without another machine to test against i wasn't sure if that was just how the game plays.
i adjusted the switches from the bottom of the playfield with a leaf tool. the switches are kinda buried in there (especially the right one, jammed up against the base of the slingshot assembly,) but it was possible to get it in there. it took a few tries for each to get 'em solid as it was easy to over-adjust one way or another, but once i did the action in the pops improved dramatically and no more credit dot.

#3727 1 year ago
Quoted from mc300baud:

i had a similar issue with a credit dot but it turned out the leaf switches were forced together by the rubber ring of the sling and always activated; how they were not simply machine-gunning away all the time i'm not sure but maybe the CGC hardware or code somehow takes that into account and prevents it? i had noticed that the ball dropped out of the pops pretty quickly but without another machine to test against i wasn't sure if that was just how the game plays.

I'm surprised dealer's are sending these games out with no factory bulletin or warning of any kind that's inexcusable to me. Not everyone is in this owners thread as a customer but as a dealer it's there job to be in the know, I would be very upset if I had not been notified at this point.

#3728 1 year ago
Quoted from mc300baud:

i purchased the Mantis protectors and they were not enough for the over-bent legs as provided; there was still some contact in a few spots.
before i put the Mantis protectors on, i tried a set of WPC legs that came from PBR about five years ago and were unused (got 'em for an Italian container buy game that ended up not needing them.) they were a lot better than the legs as provided with the game, but still there was some very minor contact in spots with the factory protectors installed.
the combination of the Mantis protectors and the older WPC legs from PBR did the trick and spaced the legs out nicely. the leg bolts as provided are plenty long enough for the Mantis protectors.
sadly, between the two with tax and shipping it was almost a $120 fix but the game should be free of ruined corner decals for the foreseeable future. of course, i had installed the provided legs first and played a few days with 'em until i caught up on contact issues in this thread. fortunately the damage was minor and there was no tearing.

I'm surprised dealer's are sending these games out with no factory bulletin or warning of any kind that's inexcusable to me. Not everyone is in this owners thread as a customer but as a dealer it's there job to be in the know, I would be very upset if I had not been notified at this point of something that could be prevented by a simple warning note.

#3729 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I'm surprised dealer's are sending these games out with no factory bulletin or warning of any kind that's inexcusable to me. Not everyone is in this owners thread as a customer but as a dealer it's there job to be in the know, I would be very upset if I had not been notified at this point of something that could be prevented by a simple warning note.

I hear ya….

#3730 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I hear ya…

#3731 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I didn’t think I had missed anything ? What exclusive CCr artwork ? Where was that mentioned ?

It’s kind of buried in the FAQ about the alternate artwork from Flyland Designs: “Exclusive artwork using components from the translite in a new composition will be available to those who purchased Cactus Canyon directly from Planetary Pinball or their authorized dealers.”

The original reference is on the PPS CCr order page (“ Option to purchase an exclusive, numbered collector's art piece from artist Brian Allen”). Brian confirmed it to me directly when the acrylic backglasses came out. At the time the final details had not been set.

#3732 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Fingers crossed we hear from CGC soon.

I predicted CGC would be waaaaaaaay behind schedule, but its pretty ridiculous they don't provide updates.

#3733 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I predicted CGC would be waaaaaaaay behind schedule, but its pretty ridiculous they don't provide updates.

CGC has nothing to do with the exclusive art. That’s completely a PPS/Flyland deal.

As for game production updates CGC seems to do what the other manufacturers do - inform their distributors when batches are ready. It would be nice to see more public information but it’s hard to fault a private company for being in line with the industry.

You seem to get some perverse pleasure from seeing CGC behind schedule. It must be nice to make predictions in a vacuum. Despite their best efforts supply chain issues are still causing unplanned delays and unexpected issues like the leg crimp problem do the same.

I’m glad they aren’t ignoring reality and sacrificing principles and cutting corners to get the product out quickly. What you seem to forget is that every day beyond the planned production schedule costs CGC money and impacts future products. Trust me - they don’t like delays any more than we do.

#3734 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m glad they aren’t ignoring reality and sacrificing principles and cutting corners to get the product out quickly.

Any chance they may have ignored reality and sacrificed priniciples by not checking the quality of the legs before shipping to get the product out quickly?

#3735 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Any chance they may have ignored reality and sacrificed priniciples by not checking the quality of the legs before shipping to get the product out quickly?

You're most likely witnessing the creation of a new process for CGC. This stuff happens all the time for any company in manufacturing and especially those who deal with suppliers. A lot of the time it isn't caught until it hits the customer because it wasn't on the OEMs radar as a possible issue. A leaking transfer case or some other automotive part machined out of spec. At some point it gets caught and the customers affected will get replacement parts if they are lucky.
In response the manufacturer will most likely create a new process that will take time and resources (money) to babysit a supplier. Possibly resulting in future increased costs to the customer.

#3736 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Went to a location and was happy to a an SE
Looked amazing !!
Did have cabinet decal bubbling in the front
Also very happy to eventually have an LE
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hey James!

Where was this?

-T

#3737 1 year ago

Ready
Set

Paint

Sketch

Illustrate

Doodle

I Said DRAW!

Oh.

Ready, set, draw (resized).jpgReady, set, draw (resized).jpg
#3738 1 year ago

Don't mess with Sheriff Snoopy! He found his Colt.

Snoopy as Sheriff at Cactus Canyon (resized).jpgSnoopy as Sheriff at Cactus Canyon (resized).jpg
#3739 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

Who knows? But given no manufacturer seems to test on legs I’m guessing they all will have a new QC step going forward.

#3740 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Thanks!

Mezelmods - 4 pin .100 IDC Assembly

I ordered a bunch of these and used them to add a trough light and spotlights to my AFMr

#3741 1 year ago
Quoted from DoCPooF:

Hey James!
Where was this?
-T

FFF local in Rotterdam

Great lineup

#3742 1 year ago

Temporarily in the club for a week.

711E5394-4060-431C-AC0C-FCCC77F72105 (resized).jpeg711E5394-4060-431C-AC0C-FCCC77F72105 (resized).jpegDB8602E2-8851-4385-B285-2810059AD850 (resized).jpegDB8602E2-8851-4385-B285-2810059AD850 (resized).jpeg
#3743 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Temporarily in the club for a week.

We are wondering , so why only one week ?

#3744 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I was going to ask the same thing

#3745 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Must be babysitting

#3746 1 year ago

Yup, bought it and picked it up for a friend who is out of the country for a week. So I get to enjoy it and hopefully set a really high Grand Champion score he'll be stuck seeing for a while. Also having friends over on Sat for pinball night, so this is a nice treat.

#3747 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yup, bought it and picked it up for a friend who is out of the country for a week

Is he looking for more friends?

#3748 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yup, bought it and picked it up for a friend who is out of the country for a week. So I get to enjoy it and hopefully set a really high Grand Champion score he'll be stuck seeing for a while. Also having friends over on Sat for pinball night, so this is a nice treat.

Take the glass off and make it a monstrous score.

He’ll think he’s a crap player for years, what are friends for!

#3749 1 year ago

I never played the game before. I was surprised when two drop targets on the right side popped up to shoot. I was like, oh cool, it has two drop targets like two trolls in Medieval Madness. Then later on, a third popped up on the left side, and I was then like, how many are there? This is cool!

Funny thing, I never saw the train move after 5 games. I'm thinking WTF do I need to do to see the train move? I see there's a motor up there and a pulley system, so the thing moves.

Went into test mode to the Train test and could hear it trying to move.

Prior owner played 10 games and never removed the zip tie that secures the train during shipping.

#3750 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Prior owner played 10 games and never removed the zip tie that secures the train during shipping.

What a goof....lol. At least there's nothing wrong with it. Such a fun game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (OBO)
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/75?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.