(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,402 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 309.
#3601 1 year ago

So many posts I thought maybe the new DLC software update was available.

#3602 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I thought Richard finally got his game !

#3603 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Fully agree here. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinions, but I must say that I found it quite surprising to read a statement that "a pinball machine is not a commercial product." They are absolutely commercial products with a large chunk of sales generated by home buyers. Whether that wasn't the case in the 80s or 90s is irrelevant...it's certainly the case now and has been for quite some time. They are intentionally marketed towards both the home buyer and location/route buyer. Also, to chalk up this type of issue, stemming from a manufacturer defect, on a premium-priced, brand-new product as the buyers responsibility for repair and call it maintenance is quite a stretch. This is an unfortunate situation involving cosmetic damage that most pinball buyers do not have the skills to repair themselves. I understand that it doesn't impact the ability to play the machine, but it does impact the machine's value.
My machine's cab decals were damaged upon arrival. I've spoken to CGC (they called me) and discussed options. I clearly stated that I do not have the skills or time to remove the defective decals and replace them....so simply sending me decals isn't an acceptable solution for me. I am being patient regarding their solution and appreciated the phone call, but I do expect that CGC will find a way to replace the decals (materials and labor) to remedy the issue and restore the value and cosmetic condition I expect when buying an $8000+ machine. I will certainly continue to play and enjoy the machine until an acceptable solution is implemented and really glad that it's a cab cosmetic issue and not a playfield cosmetic issue.

I expect cgc will offer you new decals and legs, Even though you did tell them that you didn't consider that an acceptable offer. Why? Because if they absorb the cost of complete restoration on your machine, or replace your machine with a new one, they're opening up pandoras box. They'll be forced to extend that courtesy to every person out there that has the issue, or any other cosmetic issue for that matter. Then, pinsiders will start complaining that cgc should make good with this same offer on previous titles and future titles. Before you know it, half of CGCs business will be swapping machines and restoring small cosmetic imperfections. Some Pinsiders are never satisfied. They never stop. Give an inch, they'll expect a mile. For these reasons, the offer you get will most likely be new legs and new decals, not installed. My opinion.

#3604 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Quoted from transprtr4u:

I thought Richard finally got his game !

Nope, still discussing the great Leg scandal of 2022. This is starting to rival TopperGate.....

#3605 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

That used to be true. Now they market and cater to collectors and home users. Times have changed my man.

I also completely agree. Times have changed. Even if they haven’t, I think a commercial operator shouldn’t have to agree to lesser standards. They are paying the same price for the product as everyone else. With that being said, I do think CGC will figure out an acceptable solution.

#3606 1 year ago

Hi all CGC game owners. I wanted to make a quick post here to get the word out about my new Mod's for the Flippers and flipper shaft bushing upgrades that will fit all CGC games. I've posted the links below if you're interested in learning more about them. Thanks for looking

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06993-precision-flipper-shaft-bushing

Flipper Bushings 4 (resized).jpgFlipper Bushings 4 (resized).jpgFlipper Kit_Std (resized).jpgFlipper Kit_Std (resized).jpg
#3607 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Because if they absorb the cost of complete restoration on your machine, or replace your machine with a new one, they're opening up pandoras box. They'll be forced to extend that courtesy to every person out there that has the issue, or any other cosmetic issue for that matter.

Ding ding ding. Why is this so hard for some to understand?

This idea of “do whatever it takes to make my game with a minor cosmetic issue perfect no matter the cost” is just nuts. I’ll bet this issue alone will result in a warranty cost increase for the next game just because CGC has to account for potential unseen future costs from claims and unreasonable expectations.

A cosmetic issue sucks. Not a single person here disagrees. Yes, I’d be disappointed if it happened to me. But I’d deal with it, as I’ve done before. A damaged leg decal doesn’t impact game play in any way. And, unless you are buying games to sit in a corner to admire as art, that’s the most important thing.

This doesn’t mean CGC shouldn’t fix the problem going forward or provide decals or leg guards to those that want to use them. Maybe a discount on a future game for the inconvenience or some other reasonable accommodation. But be careful of what you wish for or you will have no one but yourself to blame.

#3608 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hi all CGC game owners. I wanted to make a quick post here to get the word out about my new Mod's for the Flippers and flipper shaft bushing upgrades that will fit all CGC games. I've posted the links below if you're interested in learning more about them. Thanks for looking
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06654-precision-flip-flipper-system
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1341-precision-pinball-prod/06993-precision-flipper-shaft-bushing
[quoted image][quoted image]

These look great. I saw Jordan and Rebecca from Fliptronic streaming them.

#3609 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

These look great. I saw Jordan and Rebecca from Fliptronic streaming them.

PM_Jeremy Thank you! Do you have a link to the stream?

#3610 1 year ago

Amen brother, I was just about to say something similar. A repair person visiting the house for decal replacement....lol. That statement is clearly from someone who has never applied decals. I suppose the manufacturer should put the repair man up in a hotel also, since he'll be spending days removing the head, playfield, and internals from the cabinet. Then moving the cabinet base outside somewhere where it can be sanded down and primed and painted. Plus the homeowner would need to allow access inside their home for multiple days... I could go on, but I wont. Trim the damage away, put on cab protectors, and move along. That's what I'm doing when the damage occurs. Yes, my legs look a bit snug. I already have cab protectors on.

I was that person but you totally_ misunderstood my argument. *LOL*

I gave examples how defective products are repaired. Some products are repaired in your house, for example a leaking AC.

I didn’t say GCG should send LTG over to sand off the decal in your living room and glue on a new one.

The *point* was that companies figure out a way to make the customer whole. This is called professionalism.

You may think a low quality approach of “here is a decal, slap it on and be happy” is the way to go but others aren’t that accommodating.

#3611 1 year ago

I see the Jersey Jack mindset infested people here.

No wonder they tell customers to get lost when their GnR blisters like it has herpes because it’s a commercial product and who cares about cosmetics, right?

Some of you gals and guys really accept everything. Especially when it happens to other people.

#3612 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

PM_Jeremy Thank you! Do you have a link to the stream?

Here you go https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1517056316

#3613 1 year ago

Comment deleted.

Some people are just going to have unreasonable expectations or make ridiculous comparisons no matter what.

#3614 1 year ago

I expect cgc will offer you new decals and legs, Even though you did tell them that you didn't consider that an acceptable offer. Why? Because if they absorb the cost of complete restoration on your machine, or replace your machine with a new one, they're opening up pandoras box. They'll be forced to extend that courtesy to every person out there that has the issue, or any other cosmetic issue for that matter. Then, pinsiders will start complaining that cgc should make good with this same offer on previous titles and future titles. Before you know it, half of CGCs business will be swapping machines and restoring small cosmetic imperfections. Some Pinsiders are never satisfied. They never stop. Give an inch, they'll expect a mile. For these reasons, the offer you get will most likely be new legs and new decals, not installed. My opinion.

If an automaker sent out new vehicles with scratches on them, is that acceptable? I mean it doesn’t effect how the car drives, so just suck it up?

#3615 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

If an automaker sent out new vehicles with scratches on them, is that acceptable?

If you accept delivery of said vehicle, of course.

I swear you guys are just trolling now.

#3616 1 year ago

CGC should refund $100 bucks and call it a day. That's about what this will cost him when he decides to sell it. We all know this has nothing to do with the look, the gameplay, the quest for something perfect because they spent $8k..... its about "how much money will I lose when I sell it."

I love the tv and car comparisons..... a tv with a broken screen can't be used... a pinball with scratched sideart can. A car with scratches can be easily brought to the shop to be fixed, a pinball machine can't. However drive the car around for a week and BOOM .... dings and scratches so that's even more of a bad example.

I also love the soapbox committee coming on here to shame people that are not holding up the pitchforks against CGC. No one I have seen yet has not agreed that this still sucks and hopes something gets done.

Again lets stop with the drama and move on to what cool things CCr has to offer, mods, updates, etc. When CGC addresses the issue, then post the results and it can be discussed from there.

#3617 1 year ago

PM_Jeremy Thanks for posting that link.
I took a quick watch and felt I needed to comment on what was stated about the replacement flipper shaft bushings. He got it wrong when he stated that the interface between the flipper shaft and bushings is aluminum. The flipper shafts supplied with my flipper mod are Stainless Steel, not aluminum. I assume he was using his analogy of metal friction in a dry condition? not sure. However, they are not installed dry, a small amount of light weight oil or lithum grease is applied which will last a very long time in this application as rotational speeds are low as well as torsional loads. In all fareness I cannot fault him for not knowing this as he did not order and install the bushings. In addition, I think he may not have picked up on the real benefits of installing the bushings, it's about recovering lost energy due to the slop in the plastic bushings and improving the flipper/ball control. To that end perhaps going into a little more about how the system works together I would add the following as others may find this helpful.

About a year ago when I was experimenting with different flipper angles on AIQ I started taking a critical look at the components that make up the flipper mechanism. I kept thinking there’s got to be a better way. I became obsessed with wanting to improve what I felt was undoubtedly the most interactive part of playing pinball.

From my perspective some game layouts, ramps, and shot making challenges have evolved to a point where having a more refined/precise flipper system would improve the playability of the game. When you really think about that for a minute I think one could agree.

I’m pretty confident as to why all the game manufacturers keep using these same flipper parts, they’re very low cost, they’ve been the norm for years, and they work OK. As pinball enthusiasts should we just settle for OK? Maybe OK is fine, but I wanted to raise the bar.

My goal was three-fold, design a system that would make it super easy to adjust the flipper angle (from above the playfield), improve the flipper responsiveness/control, and potentially improve the overall ability for the flipper to deliver more energy to the ball.

The logical way to do this IMO was to design a system that utilized materials that transfer energy more efficiently (plastic absorbs energy and flexes), incorporate tighter tolerances into the parts to improve shot making accuracy while at the same time recovering lost energy in the mechanism, and lastly make it easy to install.

It took several different iterations to get there, but after seven months I was on track with what's now the production version. If you really want to find out just how much slop is in the factory set up, grab hold of your flipper and rock it around its rotational axis, you'll see and feel it. The number one question everyone has been asking me in PM’s is does this system increase the performance of the flippers, the answer is YES.

This system isn’t just about experienced players either. Everyone who enters into this hobby has to learn the art of ball control, having the ability to easily install a longer flipper bat gives those new players a better opportunity to perhaps shorten the learning curve. I think of the longer flipper bats as being training wheels for pinball! Then on the opposite end is the ability to easily install shortened flipper bats for those players who want a bigger challenge playing the game. The ‘Long and Short’ of it is this system brings it all together.

This mod may not be for everyone, and that’s fine, I’m not trying to convince everyone to ditch their factory flipper set up. But for those players looking for a high-quality product that rewards the player with enhanced playability and opens the door for more options (now and in the future) then this system is for you!

I’ve been playing pinball going on sixty years now, it all started for me at my local bowling alley arcade. A lot has changed in pinball over the years and that’s a good thing, we’ve all benefited from those advancements. Developing this mod is my way of helping to move the hobby and industry forward in an area that in my opinion has been overlooked by the manufacturers for too long. Players now have more options to mod their games, as I see it that’s a good thing.

Happy Flippen!

#3618 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

If an automaker sent out new vehicles with scratches on them, is that acceptable? I mean it doesn’t effect how the car drives, so just suck it up?

If an automobile was delivered with a small cosmetic blemish the size of a pea on the lower corner of the front bumper, yeah. Suck it up buttercup. Show me a new car, and ill find an imperfection on it somewhere.

#3619 1 year ago

I'm done posting anything else about legs. I'm the type of guy that if I can fix it myself without too much trouble, I will. It's more hassle than it's worth to pursue some futile effort to get a manufacturer to replace decals. Chances are, something else will get fucked up in the process anyway. I guess others would rather bang their heads against a wall than fix the issue and move on. A number of solutions have been offered by myself and others. But if that's too simple for ya, more power to you. You're wasting your time if you think CGC is going to come repair your decals or send you a new machine. End of story. Like i said earlier, lifes too short. That's my final comment on the matter.

#3620 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

I was that person but you totally_ misunderstood my argument. *LOL*
I gave examples how defective products are repaired. Some products are repaired in your house, for example a leaking AC.

And many require the customer to return the product to the company... at their own expense.
AC - most have parts only warranty, which mean you get to pay someone to come install the part.
Most large consumer items, at best you get a freight company that comes and picks up the product... and is usually something handled by the distributor/retailer - not the manufacturer.

Your examples really don't mean much because you are comparing apples, oranges, and watermelons.

At the end of the day, it's a cosmetic issue. Sucks, but *&% happens when you own games too. I think CGC should just offer people cabinet decals or an offer of CGC credit towards a future purchase for those who can't fix their stuff. Besides pepper's game.. most of this decal damage is so trivially minor.

Sometimes you get a bad draw... its up to you how much energy you want to spend on it. When we get games damaged in shipping, we don't aim for perfection, we aim for balance. For this kind of decal cuts... I'd flatten the decal out, try to minimize it's look, and just fix the leg and hope for some credit for my inconvenience.

Don't worry - people buy less than flawless games.

#3621 1 year ago

They do, but they also negotiate a disproportionate amount with respect to even the smallest flaws.

#3622 1 year ago

People like that in my experience tend to not be truly into pinball, usually they are speculators who wipe their possessions with diapers and simply exist to drive up the costs in a hobby, all so they can make a few bucks.

It's subjective, but if I want a game I'm willing to overlook cosmetic issues for the most part because I want to play it.
Anyways, it does suck for those that are having it happen, obviously no one wants this to be happening, but CGC should be given the benefit of the doubt for now that a resolution will be reached.

Worse case as already mentioned the decals can be cut to prevent further spread and protectors placed over that, anyone putting up a stink during a potential negotiation over this is probably not even worth dealing with.

Hope those affected can still enjoy their games, life is too short.

#3623 1 year ago

I wonder if CGC could design a decal overlay which would cover up the damaged area and blend with or even enhance the cabinet artwork?

#3624 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And many require the customer to return the product to the company... at their own expense.
AC - most have parts only warranty, which mean you get to pay someone to come install the part.
Most large consumer items, at best you get a freight company that comes and picks up the product... and is usually something handled by the distributor/retailer - not the manufacturer.
Your examples really don't mean much because you are comparing apples, oranges, and watermelons.
At the end of the day, it's a cosmetic issue. Sucks, but *&% happens when you own games too. I think CGC should just offer people cabinet decals or an offer of CGC credit towards a future purchase for those who can't fix their stuff. Besides pepper's game.. most of this decal damage is so trivially minor.
Sometimes you get a bad draw... its up to you how much energy you want to spend on it. When we get games damaged in shipping, we don't aim for perfection, we aim for balance. For this kind of decal cuts... I'd flatten the decal out, try to minimize it's look, and just fix the leg and hope for some credit for my inconvenience.

I know. It depends on the quality and attitude of the manufacturer.

JJP tells you to take a hike if your GnR CE playfield bubbles up.

CGC hopefully will do more than ship a decal for DIY.

Tesla tells you to take a hike, if the paint has a flaw.

Porsche will fix it, if their car has a paint flaw (well, they won’t even deliver it to you, if it has a flaw).

You (aren’t you an operator) don’t GAF because your use case is different from someone who puts it in their home.

Yeah, I do understand that some people just don’t care about quality but others do.

We’ll see, if GCG is a quality company or one of those “take it or leave it, we have your cash and in any case, there are tons of Flynnibuses in line to throw money at us, regardless of what we do” companies.

#3625 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

It depends on the quality and attitude of the manufacturer. … if GCG is a quality company or one of those “take it or leave it, we have your cash and in any case, there are tons of Flynnibuses in line to throw money at us, regardless of what we do” companies.

With due respect, if you even have to ask this about CGC then you haven’t been paying attention to the company.

#3626 1 year ago

Everyone is getting way bent out shape on this leg issue

#3627 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I wonder if CGC could design a decal overlay which would cover up the damaged area and blend with or even enhance the cabinet artwork?

Great suggestion !

#3628 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Everyone is getting way bent out shape on this leg issue

I see what you did there.... Bravo good sir, Bravo!

#3629 1 year ago

I've been debating getting a Cactus Canyon as my first "new" machine, but I'm wondering if its value will hold up over time or increase in a similar fashion to Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, etc. after CGC no longer makes them.

Only reason why I'm asking that is because down the road I'd like to use my Cactus Canyon as leverage to get an AoM or MM or other modern machine.

#3630 1 year ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

I've been debating getting a Cactus Canyon as my first "new" machine, but I'm wondering if its value will hold up over time or increase in a similar fashion to Attack from Mars, Medieval Madness, etc. after CGC no longer makes them.
Only reason why I'm asking that is because down the road I'd like to use my Cactus Canyon as leverage to get an AoM or MM or other modern machine.

Speculation is just that…speculation. You probably know as much as anyone else about whether CC will hold or increase in value in the future. The best advice I’ve heard from anyone on this subject is when a fellow Pinsider said “don’t buy these games as investments. Buy the games you want to play and use them for that purpose.” If your game goes up in value in the future, great. If not, who cares? You bought it because you enjoy it. That should be all that matters.

#3631 1 year ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Pretty much the worst reason to buy a pinball machine. If that’s the primary reason you want CCr, I’d buy it and keep it NIB and wait a few years. But that’s risky and not much fun.

#3632 1 year ago

Thank you Amazon Now to find a nice 5 pointed badge.

20220707_173643 (resized).jpg20220707_173643 (resized).jpg
#3633 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

PM_Jeremy Thanks for posting that link.
I took a quick watch and felt I needed to comment on what was stated about the replacement flipper shaft bushings. He got it wrong when he stated that the interface between the flipper shaft and bushings is aluminum. The flipper shafts supplied with my flipper mod are Stainless Steel, not aluminum. I assume he was using his analogy of metal friction in a dry condition? not sure. However, they are not installed dry, a small amount of light weight oil or lithum grease is applied which will last a very long time in this application as rotational speeds are low as well as torsional loads. In all fareness I cannot fault him for not knowing this as he did not order and install the bushings. In addition, I think he may not have picked up on the real benefits of installing the bushings, it's about recovering lost energy due to the slop in the plastic bushings and improving the flipper/ball control. To that end perhaps going into a little more about how the system works together I would add the following as others may find this helpful.
About a year ago when I was experimenting with different flipper angles on AIQ I started taking a critical look at the components that make up the flipper mechanism. I kept thinking there’s got to be a better way. I became obsessed with wanting to improve what I felt was undoubtedly the most interactive part of playing pinball.
From my perspective some game layouts, ramps, and shot making challenges have evolved to a point where having a more refined/precise flipper system would improve the playability of the game. When you really think about that for a minute I think one could agree.
I’m pretty confident as to why all the game manufacturers keep using these same flipper parts, they’re very low cost, they’ve been the norm for years, and they work OK. As pinball enthusiasts should we just settle for OK? Maybe OK is fine, but I wanted to raise the bar.
My goal was three-fold, design a system that would make it super easy to adjust the flipper angle (from above the playfield), improve the flipper responsiveness/control, and potentially improve the overall ability for the flipper to deliver more energy to the ball.
The logical way to do this IMO was to design a system that utilized materials that transfer energy more efficiently (plastic absorbs energy and flexes), incorporate tighter tolerances into the parts to improve shot making accuracy while at the same time recovering lost energy in the mechanism, and lastly make it easy to install.
It took several different iterations to get there, but after seven months I was on track with what's now the production version. If you really want to find out just how much slop is in the factory set up, grab hold of your flipper and rock it around its rotational axis, you'll see and feel it. The number one question everyone has been asking me in PM’s is does this system increase the performance of the flippers, the answer is YES.
This system isn’t just about experienced players either. Everyone who enters into this hobby has to learn the art of ball control, having the ability to easily install a longer flipper bat gives those new players a better opportunity to perhaps shorten the learning curve. I think of the longer flipper bats as being training wheels for pinball! Then on the opposite end is the ability to easily install shortened flipper bats for those players who want a bigger challenge playing the game. The ‘Long and Short’ of it is this system brings it all together.
This mod may not be for everyone, and that’s fine, I’m not trying to convince everyone to ditch their factory flipper set up. But for those players looking for a high-quality product that rewards the player with enhanced playability and opens the door for more options (now and in the future) then this system is for you!
I’ve been playing pinball going on sixty years now, it all started for me at my local bowling alley arcade. A lot has changed in pinball over the years and that’s a good thing, we’ve all benefited from those advancements. Developing this mod is my way of helping to move the hobby and industry forward in an area that in my opinion has been overlooked by the manufacturers for too long. Players now have more options to mod their games, as I see it that’s a good thing.
Happy Flippen!

Will these also fit W/B IJ? JD? DM?

#3634 1 year ago

Just bought CCr Radcal Mirror decals. Perfect reason to convert my LE whenever it’s here.

#3635 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just bought CCr Radcal Mirror decals. Perfect reason to convert my LE whenever it’s here.

Can you put the new radcal decals right over the old ones or do you need to take off the old ones first?

#3636 1 year ago

underlord Thanks for asking. On the W/B games yes, but you would need to order the bushings specific to that game series listed in the ordering options, the flipper system will drop in as well using the original factory plastic bushings if you want to leave them as is.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any other specific questions you would like me to answer.

Thanks!

#3637 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Thank you Amazon Now to find a nice 5 pointed badge.
[quoted image]

That's pretty cool. Which color is yours?

#3638 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That's pretty cool. Which color is yours?

Old brass color

#3639 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Old brass color

The antique gold?

#3640 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Can you put the new radcal decals right over the old ones or do you need to take off the old ones first?

Technically yes, but I’ll get rid of the factory stuff and do minor prep before installing Radcals. Cakewalk. 3-5 hour job if I loaf it.

#3641 1 year ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

underlord Thanks for asking. On the W/B games yes, but you would need to order the bushings specific to that game series listed in the ordering options, the flipper system will drop in as well using the original factory plastic bushings if you want to leave them as is.
Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any other specific questions you would like me to answer.
Thanks!

Thank you.

#3642 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

When applying RadCals, you just need to make sure the surface is smooth, level, and clean. Sand down / fill in damaged areas as needed. Removing the decals isn't really necessary. Radcals are about as thick as poster board and rigid clear plastic with graphics printed on the back side. The entire back side is adhesive just like normal decals.

#3643 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

CGC should refund $100 bucks and call it a day.

CGC could even offer a discount to the upcoming "software & saloon doors" package for those affected. Just about all of us owners on Pinside are going to spring for it (as long as it's not absurdly priced), so they could also make a good faith effort with a discount for the package while using it as a tool to keep additional revenues coming in.

#3644 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The antique gold?

yep! I just looked at my Amazon order.

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

CGC could even offer a discount to the upcoming "software & saloon doors" package for those affected. Just about all of us owners on Pinside are going to spring for it (as long as it's not absurdly priced), so they could also make a good faith effort with a discount for the package while using it as a tool to keep additional revenues coming in.

Was just wondering what you think an absurd price would be for the upgrade. I expect it to be $700 but think an absurd price would be $1,500.

#3646 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Wait What is this software and saloon door thing? Has this been announced? I must have missed it among all the leg gate crap….

#3647 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

What is this software and saloon door thing?

Read the FAQ's at the beginning of this thread, look for "Optional upgrade kit [not available yet]"

LTG : )

#3648 1 year ago

If an automobile was delivered with a small cosmetic blemish the size of a pea on the lower corner of the front bumper, yeah. Suck it up buttercup. Show me a new car, and ill find an imperfection on it somewhere.

I’m callin bs

#3649 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Read the FAQ's at the beginning of this thread, look for "Optional upgrade kit [not available yet]"
LTG : )

I’m aware of that FAQ but that FAQ is not a fact it is speculation, I was asking if the new hardware is in fact saloon doors.

#3650 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I’m aware of that FAQ but that FAQ is not a fact it is speculation, I was asking if the new hardware is in fact saloon doors.

There has been no official announcement regarding the contents, availability or pricing of the upgrade kit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 15,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/73?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.