(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 309.
#3501 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Sell it and buy another one, from what you claim, you can afford it.

So my guess you would be happy if your decals were damaged? No big deal right? Sure why not just get another one

#3502 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So my guess you would be happy if your decals were damaged?

I don’t think anyone would be happy.

But there is a world of difference between unhappy and bitter (“angry, hurt, or resentful because of one's bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment; unable to deal with a situation”). A bitter person is often passive-aggressive, conflict seeking and convinced everyone else is at fault regardless of circumstance.

It is perfectly understandable (and reasonable) that someone would be unhappy or disappointed if the decals on their new game was damaged. To be bitter over a situation that isn’t life threatening, of major consequence, and that can be repaired is not.

As expensive as a new pinball game is, imagine how much more expensive it would have to be for the manufacturer to guarantee everything would be perfect out of the box every time. No tweaks, no adjustments, no expectation that the owner has any responsibility ever. That might be ok for some multimillionaires but not for the vast majority here.

Hopefully in this case it’s an overreaction by one person who wasn’t willing to see how CGC handles the situation before apparently going off the deep end.

#3503 1 year ago

Just got these for shits and giggles while I wait for LE news. Maybe they can blend in with the topper background. Speaking of…. I would love to get 4 or so cacti plastic that CGC added and was non existent in the original. Would be cool to stick 2
On each side of the topper in some sort of setting. Maybe a little tumbleweed too

D97A7A4E-10E6-4EA8-BAC8-1C334F652D1D (resized).jpegD97A7A4E-10E6-4EA8-BAC8-1C334F652D1D (resized).jpeg
#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t think anyone would be happy.
But there is a world of difference between unhappy and bitter (“angry, hurt, or resentful because of one's bad experiences or a sense of unjust treatment; unable to deal with a situation”). A bitter person is often passive-aggressive, conflict seeking and convinced everyone else is at fault regardless of circumstance.
It is perfectly understandable (and reasonable) that someone would be unhappy or disappointed if the decals on their new game was damaged. To be bitter over a situation that isn’t life threatening, of major consequence, and that can be repaired is not.
As expensive as a new pinball game is, imagine how much more expensive it would have to be for the manufacturer to guarantee everything would be perfect out of the box every time. No tweaks, no adjustments, no expectation that the owner has any responsibility ever. That might be ok for some multimillionaires but not for the vast majority here.
Hopefully in this case it’s an overreaction by one person who wasn’t willing to see how CGC handles the situation before apparently going off the deep end.

Text always reads odd when passion is involved. Just ask my wife.

Maybe he just used the wrong word. “Bitter” meaning upset.

Or you’re spot on and he’s just expecting the world every time things don’t work out.

I’d have to believe that if one possesses the means they possess a logic along with it. Don’t know any hysterical dopes who are financially stable.

#3505 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Don’t know any hysterical dopes who are financially stable.

Debatable
All this aside, I’m getting that physic feeling an LE is close to being released into the wild

#3506 1 year ago

BTW I am not a hysterical dope. I am just disappointed something as dumb as defective legs ruined my cabinet decals.
In the grand scheme of life, does this matter? No. But in terms of my $8000 game, yes its disappointing and I am bitter about it. Did it ruin my weekend? Hell no.

#3507 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

BTW I am not a hysterical dope. I am just disappointed something as dumb as defective legs ruined my cabinet decals.
In the grand scheme of life, does this matter? No. But in terms of my $8000 game, yes its disappointing and I am bitter about it. Did it ruin my weekend? Hell no.

Never called you one. In case you interpreted my text that way. That was a generalization based on the wealthy individuals I’ve met along my journey.

#3508 1 year ago

Anyone dealt with flaky reed switches yet? Occasionally my right ramp made switch will randomly trigger during play from vibration. It seems like re-seating the connectors at the small square board where that switch interfaces with others (and where connectors are hot glued, yuck, cmon cgc), fixes it temporarily until it vibrates loose again. I don’t know if it’s a board or connector problem.

Mike

#3509 1 year ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Anyone dealt with flaky reed switches yet?

Don’t have my game yet so can’t help with the question but CGC replaced the reed switches (MRS) used in the original with eddy sensors.

#3510 1 year ago

It's all good to be upset with manufacturer screw ups, but life must go on. Check out my post in the ultraman thread if you want to see an epic qc fail. But I took my raping and moved on after a short discussion. Hell, I even included some positivity. I like spooky, but I had to spend an entire day on my brand new 12k CAD machine.

#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don’t have my game yet so can’t help with the question but CGC replaced the reed switches (MRS) used in the original with eddy sensors.

I’m talking about whatever sensor they use in place of a traditional switch on the remake. I have one on my remake that is not working right.

#3512 1 year ago

Anyone dealt with flaky reed switches yet? Occasionally my right ramp made switch will randomly trigger during play from vibration. It seems like re-seating the connectors at the small square board where that switch interfaces with others (and where connectors are hot glued, yuck, cmon cgc), fixes it temporarily until it vibrates loose again. I don’t know if it’s a board or connector problem.
Mike

Did you try hot gluing it so it doesn’t come loose?

#3513 1 year ago

Mike

I had a similar issue with my center ramp top switch that was rapid firing like a machine gun. (test mode had it going bonkers). I replaced it and all is well. For once, I had the easiest to get to switch needing replacement ..... because it's always the hard one

#3514 1 year ago

FYI, for those tracking it, a distro I follow just posted he received CCr SE 1960, 1961, and 1962.

Quick comments on my Mantis leg protector installation.

I put felt on while the protectors were on order, but have since removed the felt and installed the Mantis protectors.

First I replaced the front right protector with a Mantis (drilled it in). That leg was good. Then I did the same with front left. But that wasn't enough. So I added back the original protector, sandwiched between the Mantis and the leg. That seems to be enough. For consistency's sake, I added the original protector back to the front right as well.

When I did the back legs, I decided to just sandwich the Mantis protector between the original protector and the legs themselves. No drilling. Seems to be working fine.

So, I have a hodge podge of leg protector combinations, but the cabinet seems to be protected now. Despite all this, I'd really like properly crimped legs once they get the problem figured out.

Photos below of the front left leg, which is the closest call out of all the legs.

PXL_20220705_152221176 (resized).jpgPXL_20220705_152221176 (resized).jpgPXL_20220705_152339543 (resized).jpgPXL_20220705_152339543 (resized).jpg
#3515 1 year ago

With all this leg-gate going on, I didn't see if anyone posted about the similarities to this issue and R&M ... wrinkled those otherwise perfect decals deeply.

Spooky eventually sent out new legs and decals. I watched some videos, read quite a few threads on the process, gathered all my tools and promptly placed the decals underneath the pin.

The level of effort (really time) is not worth it, you will spend more than a brand new cab is probably worth.

If I cared that much, I'd beg CGC to let me buy a new cabinet from them at the end of the run... you could easily sell your second hand cabinet to someone restoring an og cc.

#3516 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You clearly have never run a business.
These are bulky machines that weigh 250 pounds or so. You’re going to have owners move the machines to service locations? Or expect CGC to pay for it? And what if there isn’t a local location? You think it’s reasonable for CGC to pay for shipping (twice)?
Your “worst case” is almost certainly more cost effective. Still unreasonable, but more cost effective.

I have moved many many pinball machines by myself with nothing more than a two wheel dolly and a pickup. What the heck is wrong with taking a pin in for service? May be a problem for nancy-boys LOL, u normal guys in the hobby move pins all the time. I am in sales and customer service is key. Are you saying it’s not? You’re say that people that pay for 6500-14000 pins shouldn’t expect to have problems rectified? What kind of nonsense is that? Damn right I expect the manufacturer to pay for it!!!!

#3517 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I’m still in shock people think it’s ok to not hold these manufactures accountable…

Exactly. I get held accountable for any defective product that I sell to a customer and do whatever possible to make it right at our cost. Mind blowing that people think they should get a free pass.

#3518 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I am in sales and customer service is key.

You may be in sales but you obviously know nothing about logistics

#3519 1 year ago

I met Bionic Bart for the first time tonight. What a fun mode! I was one jackpot shot short.

20220705_213716 (resized).jpg20220705_213716 (resized).jpg
#3520 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

As I wake up this morning I realize I am still bitter. Bitter about my ruined decals. Yep, I am still bitter about it.

Ignore all these guys telling you to “settle down and relax”. You have every right to be pissed.

#3521 1 year ago

You may be in sales but you obviously know nothing about logistics
</blockquote

Facepalm OK

#3522 1 year ago

I've said it before elsewhere and got slaughtered by some, applauded by others. I'll say it again here. These machines are built to be put on location and earn money. That's their primary purpose. Many of us here choose to pay exorbitant amounts of money to collect these and put them in our homes. That's on you. Manufacturers aren't building museum pieces, they're building money earning machines. A wrinkle in a decal, a bit of pooling on a post, a tiny imperfection in something, somewhere isn't a Manufacturers main concern. Making money is. Of course, they offer a warranty, and try to make everyone happy. But, again, we are choosing to take a piece of commercial equipment and put it in our home. I'm not saying they shouldn't be held responsible for their end product, they should. Within reason. Absolute perfection every single time is nearly impossible and isn't reasonable to expect. Obviously, major defects should he addressed. Bad boards, playfield issues, inoperable switches, etc. I've seen pinsiders complain about the most undetectable, inconsequential, tiny little defects, and they fail to realize, that's not the Manufacturers job or goal.

Screenshot_20220705-225627_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220705-225627_Brave (resized).jpg
#3523 1 year ago

Been playing mine for a few weeks now and loving it. Actually surprised at how easy it is to get to High Noon. I do have one issue though. It seems like the pressure plate on the far right ramp (bank ramp) is set off by the slightest josteling of the machine (pop bumpers, VUK, etc) granting me progress on that ramp and points when it's not deserved. Anybody know how to adjust this so the switch won't be activated at the slightest movement? I kind of feel like I'm cheating right now.

#3524 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I've said it before elsewhere and got slaughtered by some, applauded by others

I upvoted this and I downvoted this ...

#3525 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Exactly. I get held accountable for any defective product that I sell to a customer and do whatever possible to make it right at our cost. Mind blowing that people think they should get a free pass.

Thank you, I see you are not drinking the koolaid. If there is a problem on the line, put the brakes on it and fix the issue immediately. Im pretty sure CGC will make things right and unfortunately this will set them back a bit but I think they are going to be just fine. They are an excellent company and I love their games. I just don’t get it and I hope it’s just the minority on here saying “just deal with it”, “it’s going to cost the manufacture money”, “these machines are being built for bars and not homes and you must be crazy to expect them to build perfect machines” I mean thats why why companies have quality control, but hey if you don’t care about defects it’s your machine not mine.

#3526 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Is the game supposed to make a loud, motor sounding noise when gun fight starts?

Mine has done this since day one. Everyone agree the motor whirring during gun fight as it cycles through the bad guys is expected?

#3527 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I just don’t get it and I hope it’s just the minority on here saying “just deal with it”, “it’s going to cost the manufacture money”, “these machines are being built for bars and not homes and you must be crazy to expect them to build perfect machines” .

There isn’t a single person here that has advocated for CGC not to address the issue because it would cost them money. As for expecting every machine to be perfect, that is simply unrealistic and unreasonable. And, FYI, the line has been stopped to address issues when they were found.

You and others are blowing this entire leg issue way out of proportion.

CGC has made it clear they intend to fix the root cause of the issue and take care of impacted customers and yet that’s not enough for what I hope is a minority on here complaining that this is the worst thing that’s ever happened to anyone who has ever bought a new game and CGC is negligent or doesn’t give a damn because they can’t fix everything overnight and aren’t going to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to open up service centers all over the country to replace decals for a bunch of entitled crybabies who are apparently incapable of doing even the most minor thing on their own when no one even knows how widespread the problem is.

Yes, that run on sentence was exhausting. But not as exhausting as the Chicken Littles here. This is a perfect example of why manufacturers don’t want to participate on Pinside. Impatience and unrealistic expectations.

If you have a problem, report it to your distributor and/or CGC. If it’s ignored or not resolved then maybe you have reason to bitch. In the meantime if you have an existing game with a leg issue or you are going to be setting up a new game you have plenty of info on how to prevent further damage or to avoid damage in the first place.

#3528 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

FYI, for those tracking it, a distro I follow just posted he received CCr SE 1960, 1961, and 1962.
Quick comments on my Mantis leg protector installation.
I put felt on while the protectors were on order, but have since removed the felt and installed the Mantis protectors.
First I replaced the front right protector with a Mantis (drilled it in). That leg was good. Then I did the same with front left. But that wasn't enough. So I added back the original protector, sandwiched between the Mantis and the leg. That seems to be enough. For consistency's sake, I added the original protector back to the front right as well.
When I did the back legs, I decided to just sandwich the Mantis protector between the original protector and the legs themselves. No drilling. Seems to be working fine.
So, I have a hodge podge of leg protector combinations, but the cabinet seems to be protected now. Despite all this, I'd really like properly crimped legs once they get the problem figured out.
Photos below of the front left leg, which is the closest call out of all the legs.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting,

I am confident CGC will get this resolved.

#3529 1 year ago

I've seen pinsiders complain about the most undetectable, inconsequential, tiny little defects, and they fail to realize, that's not the Manufacturers job or goal.

Is this tear x 4 deemed inconsequential on a brand new $8300 machine?

I trust that CGC will do what they can to make it right but I’m betting those of you that are preaching patience aren’t personally dealing with the problem.

03F3C369-2231-459E-90E5-33D38D1EB4C5 (resized).jpeg03F3C369-2231-459E-90E5-33D38D1EB4C5 (resized).jpeg0FC91BCC-F134-49EC-A093-96C00364673C (resized).jpeg0FC91BCC-F134-49EC-A093-96C00364673C (resized).jpeg
#3530 1 year ago

Easily covered with a plastic protector,
Red would look quite good.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=leg%20protectors

mrc red (resized).JPGmrc red (resized).JPG
#3531 1 year ago

The crate suggestion earlier was a cool idea

If I could expand a little.

Could be cool

nellie (resized).JPGnellie (resized).JPGsg (resized).JPGsg (resized).JPG
#3532 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Is the game supposed to make a loud, motor sounding noise when gun fight starts?

I've noticed that the noise on my machine is the coil that holds the ball in the inlane. One of mine is louder than the other. To reduce the noise - I would loosen up the coil hold tab/plate and squeeze the assembly together, then tighten it back up. Perhaps one of those Bally style wave washers would help secure things.

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

Mine has done this since day one. Everyone agree the motor whirring during gun fight as it cycles through the bad guys is expected?

No noise on my machine at all. All i hear is the music and the targets popping up and down. You definitely have some sort of issue going on.

#3534 1 year ago

No noise on my machine at all. All i hear is the music and the targets popping up and down. You definitely have some sort of issue going on.

Me either. Shouldn’t be a motor running, just the coils for the drop targets cycling.

#3535 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Easily covered with a plastic protector,
Red would look quite good.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=leg%20protectors[quoted image]

No this will wrinkle the decals more.

#3536 1 year ago

Love all the advice on how to cover up our damaged games. Doesn't change the fact that they are damaged, and it pisses me off. Ruined for life over stupid defective legs. Yes, still bitter.

#3537 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Love all the advice on how to cover up our damaged games. Doesn't change the fact that they are damaged, and it pisses me off. Ruined for life over stupid defective legs. Yes, still bitter.

Why don’t you check out the Radcals?

#3538 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I must be looking at the situation all wrong. Silly me. Here I sit thinking I should be counting my blessings that I can even afford to have 10 pinball machines in my home. Much less, 17.... Life's too short brother. Wait for a resolution from cgc (which they have said is forthcoming), and thank the maker for the good fortune you do have. Especially in these times.

#3539 1 year ago

Added mirror blades to my SE. I think it's an excellent look, and will pull it all together once the mirrored back glass arrives.

PXL_20220705_181452421 (resized).jpgPXL_20220705_181452421 (resized).jpgPXL_20220705_181500594 (resized).jpgPXL_20220705_181500594 (resized).jpgPXL_20220705_181516681 (resized).jpgPXL_20220705_181516681 (resized).jpg
#3540 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Added mirror blades to my SE. I think it's an excellent look, and will pull it all together once the mirrored back glass arrives.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks amazing! I have a set ready for mine as well.

Richard

#3541 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I was going to order art blades, but was trying to decide which version.
Your pics changed my mind; I'm going with mirror blades.
Where did you order yours from?
Thanks!

#3542 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Looks amazing! I have a set ready for mine as well.

Richard

Hopefully you will get to use them soon. I still cant believe you are still waiting! Your new Godzilla is helping ease the pain I'm sure

#3543 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Hopefully you will get to use them soon. I still cant believe you are still waiting! Your new Godzilla is helping ease the pain I'm sure

It is a really cool game for sure.

#3544 1 year ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

I was going to order art blades, but was trying to decide which version.
Your pics changed my mind; I'm going with mirror blades.
Where did you order yours from?
Thanks!

I went with Cointaker's. They were about $50 cheaper than PDI's shipped. I've previously used PDI's, and while those were nice I don't really see a difference for the $.

I was going to do art blades as well, but decided to try the mirrors. Very happy that I did. The ramps on the right side would block much of the art on that side anyway. The mirrors look super sharp. Glad my post/pics helped!

#3545 1 year ago

Thanks for the quick reply!

We're really enjoying our SE ... I just got the train track mod delivered yesterday.

That, along with the mirror blades will look awesome.

#3546 1 year ago

So, I think I might have encountered a code bug.

Was playing today, and had Gold Mine MB going during Bionic Bart. I cleared all the MB jackpots, and the mine scoop lit up and did it's up and down thing to signal that Motherload was ready to be collected.

I happened to make the last shot to defeat Bionic Bart right about the same time that I made the motherload shot. Instead of awarding me motherload, it just counted as a regular jackpot. And it didn't light the Motherload star point.

Was a bummer because it still reset the jackpots, and I had to try to recollect them to qualify motherload again. And I ended up being just a motherload short of High Noon that game.

Super weird. But maybe it was a timing thing where defeating Bionic Bart overroad the Motherload?

#3547 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

So, I think I might have encountered a code bug.
Was playing today, and had Gold Mine MB going during Bionic Bart. I cleared all the MB jackpots, and the mine scoop lit up and did it's up and down thing to signal that Motherload was ready to be collected.
I happened to make the last shot to defeat Bionic Bart right about the same time that I made the motherload shot. Instead of awarding me motherload, it just counted as a regular jackpot. And it didn't light the Motherload star point.
Was a bummer because it still reset the jackpots, and I had to try to recollect them to qualify motherload again. And I ended up being just a motherload short of High Noon that game.
Super weird. But maybe it was a timing thing where defeating Bionic Bart overroad the Motherload?

Had to tell without knowing the code logic but sounds like a bug in not awarding motherload. And why would you want a Bart shot to override that?

#3548 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

That is a nice look. If I had an SE I think I would go that route instead of art blades.

#3549 1 year ago

I must be looking at the situation all wrong. Silly me. Here I sit thinking I should be counting my blessings that I can even afford to have 10 pinball machines in my home. Much less, 17.... Life's too short brother. Wait for a resolution from cgc (which they have said is forthcoming), and thank the maker for the good fortune you do have. Especially in these times.

As I’ve said before the resolution will be decals I will never install. So my decals will be ruined forever.
You are right, life is too short. But in terms of this game I am pissed. In terms of my day today, I had a nice day. I’m not saying the decals are ruining my life. I am just saying it pisses me off, which lasts about 3 milliseconds when I look at the game. Then my day goes on just fine.

#3550 1 year ago

Super fun pin

Question,if you fail to save Polly ,does the opportunity ever come back ?
I’ve never seen it twice in a game

Showdown multiball is my favorite and bucking bronco if you can feed the pops a couple times to really cash in

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/71?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.