(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,400 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 383 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 308.
#3451 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Providing the legs you have been sent are not totally fucked up your game will be ok with plastic protectors.

Acknowledged... but I think that's exactly the point. The legs many folks have received have been "totally F***** up" upon receipt. However, no one is going to take a square out to check the supposed 90 degree angle before install. One should have confidence that the legs of all things are "true" enough that they won't cause damage. Full stop.

#3452 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Anyone with March 2022 build dates have leg / decal issues...?

No - this seems to just be a recent parts batch issue.

Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

As an aside, how early was CGC showing finalized prototype games at shows prior to or dovetailing with early manufacture? Strikes me as a bit odd that they wouldn't notice leg / decal issues on those late prototypes / early production builds when they were setting up and breaking down the games at shows or whatever. However, I suppose if the leg crimps were bad even then, perhaps damage wasn't apparent because the legs were only on approximately 2-3 days for a show and then taken off so there wasn't enough time for damage to result? Just a question...

You're way overthinking this. Older games (including the sample games) simply could be using legs from another batch of parts, that predate the bad batch. Considering the problem is recent, it's likely simply the next batch of legs CGC got to keep their inventory flowing was flawed.

The real impact is really for CGC themselves. How many games went out with bad legs, and how much inventory do they have that is impacted, and what is their lead time to get inventory of corrected/non-impacted parts.

You could even have outcomes like CGC switching to a thicker leg plate as an interim solution.. as it maybe faster and cheaper to simply 'work around' the problem then it is to try to ditch all the impacted inventory.

#3453 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I do not work for JJP or CGC.
CGC has integrity and has acknowledged an issue.
JJP never had the balls to do this.
Be reasonable, have a little patience and this will all be sorted out.

Yep. It will get all sorted out so future games won’t have ruined decals.
Unfortunately for me mine are ruined for life. There is no way to fix other than replace the decals which would be on me to do and I am not going to tackle that. So, this game has ruined decals for life. Thats my point and why I am a negative bitter person right now.

#3454 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

CGC has integrity and has acknowledged an issue.

JJP never had the balls to do this.

actually their response is basically identical to JJP when their woes first started. "we're looking into it, open a ticket, and we'll work with people on a case by case basis". The issue was where JJP went next... with really bad 'case by case' results

#3455 1 year ago

These problems with legs were discussed in the R&M thread ( worth searching ).

It's a real pain indeed to have this on new games.

Clearly the plastic/metal/mantis leg protectors that are screwed to the cabinet work.....

But maybe CGC need to make them even thicker than the mantis ones to allow the legs to have enough room not to touch the cabinet?

#3456 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Be reasonable, have a little patience and this will all be sorted out.

But we are pinsiders !

#3457 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

These problems with legs were discussed in the R&M thread ( worth searching ).
It's a real pain indeed to have this on new games.
Clearly the plastic/metal/mantis leg protectors that are screwed to the cabinet work.....
But maybe CGC need to make them even thicker than the mantis ones to allow the legs to have enough room not to touch the cabinet?

They would have to be REALLY THICK, we’re talking 1/4” thick or more. They legs are bent way out of wack

#3458 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No - this seems to just be a recent parts batch issue.

Thanks for the response

Quoted from flynnibus:

You're way overthinking this. Older games (including the sample games) simply could be using legs from another batch of parts, that predate the bad batch. Considering the problem is recent, it's likely simply the next batch of legs CGC got to keep their inventory flowing was flawed.

True -- in which case there wouldn't be an issue in any event.

It would be interesting to know what Serial # the "bad batch" began with but we'll probably never have the answer to that question...

#3459 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Technically the legs are not defective, they are made to B/W original specification.
Choose a colour you like and grab a set, life wlll be good again .

Lets not forget these plastic protectors have been made long before CGC remakes etc. Why? because legs mark the decals. That's why we have been putting them on machines for years. To cover previous damage etc. We thought they were wonderful when they first came out.

Of the many original machines I have bought over the years I doubt if there were any that didn't have some sort of marking around the legs. The original MB was a perfect example of a machine to suffer leg damage. I wonder what Williams/Bally or Data East etc would have said if you rang them complaining that the legs marked the decals?

I know that in the early days 99% of the buyers were operators & the little fact that the legs marked the cabs probably didn't worry most. Now of course things have changed to the mix being 90+% home use buyers who are far more discerning. The only problem is the product hasn't changed much & the bulk of us don't want it to change. I'm sure there could be radical new leg design that screws in from the bottom or something & is guaranteed not to mark the cabs but does anyone want that new design? Legs mark cabinets. If you want to avoid that then install an aftermarket accessory.

#3460 1 year ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

If you want to avoid that then install an aftermarket accessory.

You seem to forget two things

1) that CGC already installs what was the aftermarket accessory for avoiding leg damage - the metal standoffs. The issue here is the leg deformation is exceeding the clearance the metal protectors give.
2) The expectation that this isn't a concern because of #1 and prior knowledge of the games from CGC to-date.

Yes, you can go further... but your assertion that 'this should be seen as the norm' because of what was done years before...doesn't align with CCr - because its not made like games from years ago were.

#3461 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Unfortunately for me mine are ruined for life. There is no way to fix other than replace the decals which would be on me to do and I am not going to tackle that. So, this game has ruined decals for life. Thats my point and why I am a negative bitter person right now.

Mirco has mirrored Radcals for CC. Maybe an option? Wrinkled decals fucking suck. Period, end of story, but are not life threatening like somebodies pf issues. You know…the other guys.

Here’s the link: https://mircoplayfields.com/en/c/mirror-rad-cals-cabinet-art

Of course this is like quitting crack by talking about it with the corner dealer….

#3462 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You seem to forget two things
1) that CGC already installs what was the aftermarket accessory for avoiding leg damage - the metal standoffs. The issue here is the leg deformation is exceeding the clearance the metal protectors give.
2) The expectation that this isn't a concern because of #1 and prior knowledge of the games from CGC to-date.
Yes, you can go further... but your assertion that 'this should be seen as the norm' because of what was done years before...doesn't align with CCr - because its not made like games from years ago were.

1998 Monster Bash decal damage anyone? Now THOSE were bad. Awful.

#3463 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

1998 Monster Bash decal damage anyone? Now THOSE were bad. Awful.

This one I think is still available in market place if you want a museum piece

Screenshot_20220623-190816_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220623-190816_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#3464 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

There is no way to fix other than replace the decals which would be on me to do and I am not going to tackle that. So, this game has ruined decals for life. Thats my point and why I am a negative bitter person right now.

Good god man. It’s not the end of the world. Get new decals from CGC. I’ll find someone to install them if you can’t.
If you don’t want to be bothered, sell the game and, if you still want it, buy another.

#3465 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good god man. It’s not the end of the world. Get new decals from CGC. I’ll find someone to install them if you can’t.
If you don’t want to be bothered, sell the game and, if you still want it, buy another.

Trust me I've seen about every issue u can possibly imagine over the years so I get that pinball is a little bit of a "roll the dice" kinda purchase. That being said your comment is easy to say when its not your game .....

#3466 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Trust me I've seen about every issue u can possibly imagine over the years so I get that pinball is a little bit of a "roll the dice" kinda purchase. That being said your comment is easy to say when its not your game .....

I’ve been in the hobby over 25 years and had my share of “the world is ending” moments. I understand where he’s coming from.

#3467 1 year ago

Bounty gate is getting stuck up at times. Any adjustments needed to it? I’ve only had the machine about a week.

#3468 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Seems to me they are using the same leg design as years gone by. Put on the same design cabinet & bolted with the same size bolts as 20+ years ago into the same style of plates. Many, many other aspects of the game are a direct copy of the original. Apparently, that's why they call it a remake.

If I took an old leg & put it on a new CCr game are we certain that no damage would result? Maybe, maybe not. I would probably come down to how the leg was pressed. If I was a pinball manufacturer I would be including a set of Pincab protectors with every game. Use them at your discretion.

I know the damage would be disappointing for people. I feel sorry for them as I know I would be heartbroken. I have a LE on order so I am watching events closely. I also own a an original, with the standard leg damage to the decals of course.

I think in this situation the best that people could expect is a new set of decals supplied & maybe a set of Pincabs. I would be surprised if anything more than that was on offer.

Hard to believe there could be problems with a new machine out of the box. It's like buying a new house & finding something wrong with it.

#3469 1 year ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Seems to me they are using the same leg design as years gone by. Put on the same design cabinet & bolted with the same size bolts as 20+ years ago into the same style of plates. Many, many other aspects of the game are a direct copy of the original. Apparently, that's why they call it a remake.
If I took an old leg & put it on a new CCr game are we certain that no damage would result? Maybe, maybe not. I would probably come down to how the leg was pressed. If I was a pinball manufacturer I would be including a set of Pincab protectors with every game. Use them at your discretion.
I know the damage would be disappointing for people. I feel sorry for them as I know I would be heartbroken. I have a LE on order so I am watching events closely. I also own a an original, with the standard leg damage to the decals of course.
I think in this situation the best that people could expect is a new set of decals supplied & maybe a set of Pincabs. I would be surprised if anything more than that was on offer.
Hard to believe there could be problems with a new machine out of the box. It's like buying a new house & finding something wrong with it.

Well, JJP is still ignoring issues over in that thread. Can’t say I’m surprised. If CGC does anything that’s great. If not, meh. Easily repairable.

#3470 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Just hang in there bud; CGC, im sure will address your problem personally, your jumping to conclusions, there may not be too many others with your issue and it could be viable to send those games back to the factory for repairs, who knows at this stage ? just give CGC a chance before you end up with high blood pressure. All of us here feel for you and are watching this unfold closely

#3471 1 year ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

Seems to me they are using the same leg design as years gone by. Put on the same design cabinet & bolted with the same size bolts as 20+ years ago into the same style of plates.

Williams did not use metal cabinet stand-offs to protect the cabinet from the leg - modern games (including CCr) do.

Quoted from Screwloose:

If I took an old leg & put it on a new CCr game are we certain that no damage would result?

YES - because the CCr games without bad legs are fine… as are the CGC games before this.

It’s obvious you do not have any hands on experience here with the games

Quoted from Screwloose:

If I was a pinball manufacturer I would be including a set of Pincab protectors with every game. Use them at your discretion. .

CGC already does better than this - by installing metal cabinet protectors. The oversized plastic protectors create their own problems with decals. That’s why everyone uses the metal stand-off concept now instead. The protectors are great for covering damage - not so great at preventing it… just better than naked legs.

#3472 1 year ago

Got to high noon tonight. Beat it. Kind of disappointing wizard mode, like portal on tron. No graphics, not much to it. Hopefully it gets better when Lyman’s code comes out.

#3474 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve been in the hobby over 25 years and had my share of “the world is ending” moments. I understand where he’s coming from.

I think it's frustrating when you pay top dollar for a new game. Whether we like it or not it does come with expectations. I had a damaged cabinet on a JJP NIB JJP game (Hobbit Smaug). I realized it was a challenge to send the game back, but it was their fault. I ended up settling for 3 sets of Invisiglass and repaired it myself.

#3475 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think it's frustrating when you pay top dollar for a new game.

And no one understands this better than Chicago Gaming.

Ryan posted. Open a ticket. They'll figure out the problem. And once figured out they will contact you.

The problem doesn't effect game play. Enjoy the game, and give them a little time to sort it out.

LTG : )

#3476 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

And no one understands this better than Chicago Gaming.
Ryan posted. Open a ticket. They'll figure out the problem. And once figured out they will contact you.
The problem doesn't effect game play. Enjoy the game, and give them a little time to sort it out.

But how is gameplay not affected w/o legs?
I had a missing power cord, chipped playfield and now defective legs all in a month with 37 plays and I'm still not ready to just say F it the damage is done so who cares? I just want 4 good legs not looking for anything else

#3477 1 year ago

As I wake up this morning I realize I am still bitter. Bitter about my ruined decals. Yep, I am still bitter about it.

#3478 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

As I wake up this morning I realize I am still bitter. Bitter about my ruined decals. Yep, I am still bitter about it.

Got it. Everyone understands. My best advice is to have some faith in CGC and see where things go. I promise you they aren’t happy about your situation but it’s not going to get fixed overnight.

#3479 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

You are an extremely blessed person to be able to have 17 pinball machines in your house. CGC has said they will take care of you. Maybe it's new decals, maybe it's more. Why not chill out and wait for their response before you pick an emotion. The game plays fine and absolutely no one that comes to your house is going to notice your cracked decal under your legs.

I get it - we all get bent out of shape over damage that shouldn't be there. I had an early GnR with damage at one post. But I ended up selling it for what I had in it and got another one later in the run. When the CCLEs are on the line for a year, you'll likely be able to get $8k for your SE even with the decal cracks (assuming CGC doesn't address).

#3480 1 year ago

Sorry to hear about the people having problems with the legs/decals, I got my machine early in the run(1262)and I don’t have any damage to the decals after double checking. Perhaps this is a smaller incident with the last batch of games. I did take the shooter rod housing off for powder coating and the decal was loose underneath but was able to put it back in place.
Things just haven’t been easy last 2-3 years in all phases, I do firmly believe cgc is trying their best in this situation to deliver the best quality product to the customers. They have a return customer in me. Cgc responded on here, they didn’t have to, and said they were working on solutions on mentioned issues. I can’t think of many companies where higher ups at the company are asking you to contact them individually with your issue.

#3481 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

Sorry to hear about the people having problems with the legs/decals, I got my machine early in the run(1262)

What's your build date out of curiosity? I have a fairly early build too (Serial #: CC-1396 / Date: March 23, 2022) and haven't noticed any blatant decal damage (i.e., bubbling, separation or the like)--So just curious.

#3482 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

What's your build date out of curiosity? I have a fairly early build too (Serial #: CC-1396 / Date: March 23, 2022) and haven't noticed any blatant decal damage (i.e., bubbling, separation or the like)--So just curious.

February 10th. Only issues I’ve had is I’ve had to tinker with a switch and the Mylar is coming loose behind barts head.

#3483 1 year ago

Any 3-d guys willing to make cactus flasher covers? I'd be in for a full set, and I'm sure many others would be as well,,,

#3484 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I don't blame u.....hopefully CGC will come up with something that will make u happy! Unfortunately if they are truly ruined the only way to really mitigate is to replace the decals !

#3485 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

February 10th. Only issues I’ve had is I’ve had to tinker with a switch and the Mylar is coming loose behind barts head.

I guess the "early build date" legs may have been from a previous batch that are within tolerance or close such that the leg protector placed on the game by CGC is sufficient...

#3486 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I just want 4 good legs not looking for anything else

When Ryan contacts you. Please tell him this and the issues you had.

#3487 1 year ago

I check the legs of all my pins. My sterns are good but the attack from mars le is kind of too close for comfort. Going to add felt.

#3488 1 year ago

Also something to take into account that I'm sure nobody wants to. Anything you buy that needs to be assembled, it comes down to the person doing the assembly to check that everything fits right and something like the legs touching the cabinet should be easily noticeable during assembly. I know I looked at mine, though I have in the past few years come across a few sets of new legs with the very same issue. For the record all 4 of my my CGC legs were fine and needed no adjustment or ask for new ones, etc.

It'd be the same thing if you went to lift the head and pinched the wires.

Just the fact that CGC has come on here and acknowledged the problem and will offer to fix the issue on a case by case basis I think is pretty outstanding customer service. Just my 2 cents

#3489 1 year ago
Quoted from FParker185:

Also something to take into account that I'm sure nobody wants to. Anything you buy that needs to be assembled, it comes down to the person doing the assembly to check that everything fits right and something like the legs touching the cabinet should be easily noticeable during assembly. I know I looked at mine, though I have in the past few years come across a few sets of new legs with the very same issue. For the record all 4 of my my CGC legs were fine and needed no adjustment or ask for new ones, etc.
Just the fact that CGC has come on here and acknowledged the problem and will offer to fix the issue on a case by case basis I think is pretty outstanding customer service. Just my 2 cents

If you're going to make a comment like that next time just keep your 2 cents to yourself all it does is rub dirt in the wound! The fact is that leg style naturally looks like it has a tight fit and comes with cabinet protectors so there is nothing that is noticeable at all until it's too late I'm glad others have 20 20 vision now but please show a little courtesy!

#3490 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Had the same issue on halloween (with all 4 legs), I noticed it when installing one the front legs. It put a small crease (since I didn't crank it down fully).
I also doubled up on the metal leg spacers but it didn't help... So I just installed other legs I had laying around. Only reason I thought to look was because of the R&M stuff from a while back.

I asked spooky tech about it and they just said to install the felt protectors. Said I did and that wasn't where it hit anyway, but never heard anything back so whatever.

#3491 1 year ago
Quoted from FParker185:

Time will tell....

#3492 1 year ago

March build. Front leg pics.
I installed these CCR legs as Kerry mentioned earlier in this thread.
I’ve been legging-up this way for 20+ years with great results.
~Steveo

40692439-F0F9-441E-9441-046F28E6F5EF (resized).jpeg40692439-F0F9-441E-9441-046F28E6F5EF (resized).jpeg57BE630D-6CC8-4013-A1CB-13FBD29087D9 (resized).jpeg57BE630D-6CC8-4013-A1CB-13FBD29087D9 (resized).jpeg93293497-7621-4974-AF35-FBA3317E67F8 (resized).jpeg93293497-7621-4974-AF35-FBA3317E67F8 (resized).jpeg98C8672C-EB1E-43C8-9558-8DA03A238737 (resized).jpeg98C8672C-EB1E-43C8-9558-8DA03A238737 (resized).jpeg
#3493 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Unfortunately for me mine are ruined for life. There is no way to fix other than replace the decals which would be on me to do and I am not going to tackle that. So, this game has ruined decals for life.

This is 100% pure Pinside drama queen posting right here.

#3494 1 year ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

This is 100% pure Pinside drama queen posting right here

LMAO

#3495 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Sell it and buy another one, from what you claim, you can afford it.

#3496 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I get it. You're only going to get brand new legs and brand new decals for your man-toy of privilege, both mailed to you free of charge. What a rip.

You know what really chaps most guy's assess? NOBODY installs those decals. They sit rolled the fuck up in a tube. So ya gotta sit there with your craft beer and deluxe pizza and look at those scrapes, cuts and bubbles on that 8 mutha-fuckin-K man-toy.

I'd post the same damn complaint on internet for weeks is this happened to me. Fuckin' fuck! I just wanna kick a fucking kitten for ya! Aaaaaar!

#3497 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

They are not made to specification. Like at all. They are bent way the fuck out of wack.
How can you even say this?!?!?

Prove it with photos please

#3498 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

It’s totally understandable to be bitter. You paid 8k and it better be perfect. Fan boys and apologists may not agree with me. Don’t stress until CGC gives you an answer and hope they make you 100% whole.

#3499 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I get it. You're only going to get brand new legs and brand new decals for your man-toy of privilege, both mailed to you free of charge. What a rip.
You know what really chaps most guy's assess? NOBODY installs those decals. They sit rolled the fuck up in a tube. So ya gotta sit there with your craft beer and deluxe pizza and look at those scrapes, cuts and bubbles on that 8 mutha-fuckin-K man-toy.
I'd post the same damn complaint on internet for weeks is this happened to me. Fuckin' fuck! I just wanna kick a fucking kitten for ya! Aaaaaar!

The only things thats true about your comment is that most people leave the decals in the tube and never install....the rest of your comment is complete BS

#3500 1 year ago

I’ll take every single issue CGC has had hands down over Stern and JJP issues. Please.

I’m more happy than ever I’m in on an LE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
7,000 (Firm)
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 15,400 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/70?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.