(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 309.
#3401 1 year ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

I wanted to give everybody a quick update.
We have been alerted to the issue going on with the legs, and are working hard to come up with a solution that will resolve this issue. We have the supplier involved and are working internally on this also.
We strive to deliver the highest quality games to you with no issues. We stand behind our games, and will get this resolved as soon as possible.

I've seen many try the hex head screw. Has anyone replaced the corners with the mantis replacements and did that make things right?

#3402 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

What can be done for those of us with ruined decals? Seems like we are screwed cause who is going to replace their decals? No one.......

Did u submit a formal ticket ? I totally agree that removing and installing decals is a total pain in the ass so very few will go through the effort. Unfortunately CGC doesn't have many options in remedying the problem. It will be interesting to see how they resolve the issue.

#3403 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I totally agree that removing and installing decals is a total pain in the ass so very few will go through the effort

This also takes a lot of skill to do properly.

#3404 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

What can be done for those of us with ruined decals? Seems like we are screwed cause who is going to replace their decals? No one.......

This may be contentious but there is the Radcal option. Maybe petition CGC for a voucher.

#3405 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Did u submit a formal ticket ? I totally agree that removing and installing decals is a total pain in the ass so very few will go through the effort. Unfortunately CGC doesn't have many options in remedying the problem. It will be interesting to see how they resolve the issue.

oh I guess I'll open a ticket, but we all know where this is going. Legs and Decals. Meh

#3406 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m sure CGC will take care of those with issues but think it’s unreasonable for them to scrap thousands of existing legs and wait for the leg manufacturers to fix the root cause when mitigating the problem at home takes just a few minutes and a few dollars.

I agree scraping all the legs is problematic as CGC doesn't need another reason to delay getting games out the door; however Its their responsibility to remedy with zero cost to the customer + DYI fixes always come with risks and blowback from manufacturers. Whether that means buying thicker leg protectors, including felt, and or screws its certainly CGC's responsibility. Cheaper than sending a new set of decals to customers that are affected.

#3407 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

oh I guess I'll open a ticket, but we all know where this is going. Legs and Decals. Meh

Jeez… your negative…. What either manufactur comes into a chat and personally responds to you about your problem. Also what other manufacturer owns ip to thier issues.

There maybe issues here, but the way CGC is handling it… i will be a customer for life!

#3408 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I would so at least u have a formal record of the issue....and yep we know where this is going

#3409 1 year ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Jeez… your negative…. What either manufactur comes into a chat and personally responds to you about your problem. Also what other manufacturer owns ip to thier issues.
There maybe issues here, but the way CGC is handling it… i will be a customer for life!

Yep. I am negative. I know my game will have ruined decals for life. Just the way it is. Can't sugar and spice it any different. It is what it is.
Glad LE folks won't have the issue though. So thats a small ray of sunshine on my rainy day.

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from Ripper:

What are people's thoughts on values?
Like, it's great that CCR is a thing because it makes it more accessible, but the original will always be the original. I think I would rather have a minty original than the remake.
Just curious on opinions?

I think there will be a camp where the purists will always prefer the original games (MM, AFM, MB). I've owned both and definitely prefer the remakes over the originals although I'm not a purist. The remakes have far better sound, lighting, and graphics which in my opinion improve the overall game play experience.

#3411 1 year ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

We are currently evaluating the total situation.
Once we have a solution, we can address customers on a case by case basis. Please open up a support desk ticket with CGC, and include Images of the issues. This way we can address your individual concerns, and come up with proper solutions.

And this is why CGC has the following it does.

#3412 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

crap, all four legs dug into the decals on mine. I would take this over a playfield or mechanical issue with the game but it’s still really disappointing. I had heard how great CGC quality is but this is a pretty big blunder.

Anyone with March 2022 build dates have leg / decal issues...? I'm trying to ascertain whether this leg debacle goes all the way back to the earliest builds (I have a late March build date (23rd I think) but haven't gotten around to taking the legs off to check for decal damage yet. As this issue was only made apparent a short time ago I suppose if my legs are bad there is likely damage given it's been about 3 months... If I find damage I'll open a ticket with CGC as suggested by CGC-Ryan and see where things go.

As an aside, how early was CGC showing finalized prototype games at shows prior to or dovetailing with early manufacture? Strikes me as a bit odd that they wouldn't notice leg / decal issues on those late prototypes / early production builds when they were setting up and breaking down the games at shows or whatever. However, I suppose if the leg crimps were bad even then, perhaps damage wasn't apparent because the legs were only on approximately 2-3 days for a show and then taken off so there wasn't enough time for damage to result? Just a question...

#3413 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

It’s their responsibility to remedy with zero cost to the customer + DYI fixes always come with risks and blowback from manufacturers. Whether that means buying thicker leg protectors, including felt, and or screws its certainly CGC's responsibility.

Within reason. It’ll cost me maybe a couple of dollars to buy some hex screws at the hardware store and I’ll have them immediately. Orders of magnitude less than what it would cost in time/labor/shipping for CGC and distributors to do it for me.

The takeaway here is that CGC is working to solve the problem going forward and willing to help those with decal damage. Yes, many aren’t going to/can’t replace damaged decals but I don’t think it’s reasonable for CGC to pay for someone to come to your house and replace them either.

CGC builds anticipated warranty expense into the cost of its games. I don’t want to see the cost of future games inflated because they start putting extreme cases in the projection because some owners aren’t willing to be even the least bit proactive. Or worse, just drop warranty coverage like JJP essentially did.

#3414 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Within reason. It’ll cost me maybe a couple of dollars to buy some hex screws at the hardware store and I’ll have them immediately. Orders of magnitude less than what it would cost in time/labor/shipping for CGC and distributors to do it for me.
The takeaway here is that CGC is working to solve the problem going forward and willing to help those with decal damage. Yes, many aren’t going to/can’t replace damaged decals but I don’t think it’s reasonable for CGC to pay for someone to come to your house and replace them either.
CGC builds anticipated warranty expense into the cost of its games. I don’t want to see the cost of future games inflated because they start putting extreme cases in the projection because some owners aren’t willing to be even the least bit proactive. Or worse, just effectively drop warranty coverage like JJP.

Yea I stopped buying NIB JJP games due to their lack of warranty. My point is CGC should provide a solution to the problem and not the customer, and provide that solution with the game. My guess is they will as the last thing they want to do is send out a bunch of decals.

#3415 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My point is CGC should provide a solution to the problem and not the customer, and provide that solution with the game. My guess is they will as the last thing they want to do is send out a bunch of decals.

Agreed. However, for those with games that already have sustained decal damage due to over-crimped legs I'm not sure there are any solutions except (1) send out new decals and properly crimped legs for customer to install / not install; (2) provide and have professional install new decals and properly crimped legs (not viable for a host of reasons) (or credit customer for cost of decal installation); (3) take back game and install new decals at factory (definitely not viable); (4) take back damaged game and provide entirely new game (not viable). So, other than providing new decals and legs to each affected customer what other solution would really work from a cost perspective? Perhaps CGC will get creative depending on the extent of damage presented by those affected.

#3416 1 year ago

<tongue-in-cheek-mode>

With leg-gate now at least we haven’t heard any more complaints about where the LEs are … maybe that’s been part of the master plan all along.

</tongue-in-cheek-mode>

#3417 1 year ago

Thanks for the update Ryan!
Hope the team is doing well!

Richard

#3418 1 year ago

You can cover up the damaged area with those plastic leg protectors that come in different colors. You’ll never see it, and it will stop annoying you so you can enjoy the game. We used to use these years ago before they started putting metal plates on the cabinet leg area

Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Yep. I am negative. I know my game will have ruined decals for life. Just the way it is. Can't sugar and spice it any different. It is what it is.
Glad LE folks won't have the issue though. So thats a small ray of sunshine on my rainy day.

#3419 1 year ago

ebay.com link: itm

Not a solution of course but if you already have a slice from the leg this will hide it.

#3420 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

With leg-gate now at least we haven’t heard any more complaints about where the LEs are

Ok. I'll bite.

WHERE ARE THE LEs????

Everyone assumes it's topper-related, but it would be nice to get an update.

#3421 1 year ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

Nobody wants to mess with that crap no matter how CGC handles it. It’s a giant pain in the ass! He should be super pissed off about it.

#3422 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

CGC builds anticipated warranty expense into the cost of its games. I don’t want to see the cost of future games inflated because they start putting extreme cases in the projection because some owners aren’t willing to be even the least bit proactive. Or worse, just drop warranty coverage like JJP essentially did.

It’s 100% reasonable to have the manufacturer set up locations to get service work done, or worst case, have someone sent out. These are very expensive games, not $20 widgets.

#3423 1 year ago
Quoted from DBP99:

I've seen many try the hex head screw. Has anyone replaced the corners with the mantis replacements and did that make things right?

I heard the mantis replacement work ... keep you posted .. I ordered them today for my CCr that is being delivered next week.

#3424 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

It’s 100% reasonable to have the manufacturer set up locations to get service work done, or worst case, have someone sent out. These are very expensive games, not $20 widgets.

You clearly have never run a business.

These are bulky machines that weigh 250 pounds or so. You’re going to have owners move the machines to service locations? Or expect CGC to pay for it? And what if there isn’t a local location? You think it’s reasonable for CGC to pay for shipping (twice)?

Your “worst case” is almost certainly more cost effective. Still unreasonable, but more cost effective.

#3425 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ok. I'll bite.
WHERE ARE THE LEs????

Lol! Touché.

#3426 1 year ago
Quoted from Beez:

I heard the mantis replacement work ... keep you posted .. I ordered them today for my CCr that is being delivered next week.

They won't be enough. Even with 2 metal spacers the bend in the leg was too much and still would cut into the decal. I had to bend the leg AND use double metal spacers. The Mantis is only marginally thicker than the stock ones, won't help much.

#3427 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You clearly have never run a business.
These are bulky machines that weigh 250 pounds or so. You’re going to have owners move the machines to service locations? Or expect CGC to pay for it? And what if there isn’t a local location? You think it’s reasonable for CGC to pay for shipping (twice)?
Your “worst case” is almost certainly more cost effective. Still unreasonable, but more cost effective.

I’m still in shock people think it’s ok to not hold these manufactures accountable…

#3428 1 year ago

Well, here are some legs I think we can all appreciate. Nothing wrong there.....

Screenshot_20220702-153826_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220702-153826_Brave (resized).jpg
#3429 1 year ago
Quoted from Beez:

The hex screw idea is ok, but not a very elegant solution. There is also the risk of decal damage at the top of the leg with this, as the upper tip of leg will be pushed towards and may contact the cabinet.

For existing customers a possible solution is to send out plastic protectors, these will cover any existing damage and protect the cabinet from further damage. I have mentioned previously that I prefer the hidden metal protectors, but the plastic ones will work.
I am a fussy prick and would be ok with that.
A good choice of color would help.

I doubt CGC will write off a couple of thousand legs that have most likely already been powdercoated for the LE's.

With new games, most economical solution will be to replace the thin standard protector with a thicker HD mantis style protector.

I applaud Ryan for stepping up to address the problem. This is the way to do business. Integrity and accountability, Well done CGC.

This gives me confidence that CGC will support and stand behind its products.

#3430 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I’m still in shock people think it’s ok to not hold these manufactures accountable…

What exactly is it you are shocked by?

CGC has acknowledged the problem, is going to fix it and work with impacted owners. That sounds like they are going to do right by their customers.

If you are shocked that I’m ok with putting a few screws on my game to prevent damage, fine. That just means we have a different view of “accountable”. To me “accountable” doesn’t mean to have the mfg do something unreasonable and cost prohibitive.

#3431 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

The hex screw idea is ok, but not a very elegant solution. There is also the risk of decal damage at the top of the leg with this, as the upper tip of leg will be pushed towards and may contact the cabinet.
For existing customers a possible solution is to send out plastic protectors, these will cover any existing damage and protect the cabinet from further damage. I have mentioned previously that I prefer the hidden metal protectors, but the plastic ones will work.
I am a fussy prick and would be ok with that.
A good choice of color would help.
I doubt CGC will write off a couple of thousand legs that have most likely already been powdercoated for the LE's.
With new games, most economical solution will be to replace the thin standard protector with a thicker HD mantis style protector.
I applaud Ryan for stepping up to address the problem. This is the way to do business. Integrity and accountability, Well done CGC.
This gives me confidence that CGC will support and stand behind its products.

I dont think plastic protectors will help, won't it still make contact at the same place? The legs need to be bossed off to prevent rubbing.

#3432 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

If you tighten the lower bolts first the legs will be pulled up/out slightly further minimizing any potential decal damage.
I happen to think plastic protectors are fine but understand that they could theoretically cause damage too.

As long as I have a reasonable solution (not a guarantee of “no possible damage ever”), I’m fine. An solution doesn’t necessarily have to be elegant, just effective.

#3433 1 year ago

I don't know about you... however, I've watched many pin guys install legs by simply allowing the leg to hang loosely off the hand tighten bolts. Then, ratchet them tight with socket or power tool.

I, on the other hand will lift the legs up on the loose hand threaded bolts, taking the slack out, then tighten them down. This doesn't allow them (legs) to work the up ~1/16" (especially with heavy nudgers) and maybe wrinkling and/or marring the decals.

#3434 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

lift the legs up on the loose hand threaded bolts, taking the slack out, then tighten them down.

This is the way

#3435 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I dont think plastic protectors will help, won't it still make contact at the same place? The legs need to be bossed off to prevent rubbing.

Plastic protectors will overlap and cover any damage.

#3436 1 year ago

Honestly i don't need 10 different ways to bolt on my defective legs im done with all that they're not going anywhere near the job site, fired effective immediately..lol! So for me it's simple check the legs tolerance and send me 4 good ones! I want to play!

#3437 1 year ago
Quoted from Beez:

Thanks for posting

#3438 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Honestly i don't need 10 different ways to bolt on my defective legs im done with all that they're not going anywhere near the job site, fired effective immediately..lol! So for me it's simple check the legs tolerance and send me 4 good ones! I want to play!

Technically the legs are not defective, they are made to B/W original specification.
Choose a colour you like and grab a set, life wlll be good again .
ebay.com link: itm

Screenshot_20220703-064144_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220703-064144_Chrome (resized).jpg
#3439 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Technically the legs are not defective, they are made to B/W original specification.
ebay.com link: itm[quoted image]

Trust me I'm looking right at them they are very defective or every single game would have this issue!

#3440 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

They are not made to specification. Like at all. They are bent way the fuck out of wack.
How can you even say this?!?!?

#3441 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Also wasn't it you saying stay away from the plastic anything that makes contact with the cabinet is bad news?!

#3442 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Trust me I'm looking right at them they are very defective or every single game would have this issue!

I am sorry to hear of the problem and understand how stressful it must be.

Trust me I have been there with JJP. They choose to play the head in the sand tactic

I do understand that your set may be genuinely flawed.

Ryan has indicated that CGC will look at this problem on a case by case basis.

This is a positive step from CGC and a little patience will be required.

#3443 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

They are not made to specification. Like at all. They are bent way the fuck out of wack.

I think he's trying to say that the Bally Williams legs have a natural bend to them from awile back when I compared it to my Deadpool leg but yeah a design flaw and a machinist falling asleep at the wheel are completely different! Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining!

#3444 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ok. I'll bite.
WHERE ARE THE LEs????

Xmas !

#3445 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Again sorry to hear this and I understand your anger.
See post 3442

Honestly if they were that bad why would you install them in the first place ?

#3446 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Again sorry to hear this and I understand your anger.
See post 3442
Honestly if they were that bad why would you install them in the first place ?

I’ve never had to check the legs before installing them, so silly me for not checking them with a square before installing them. Unless you look closely it’s not that obvious they are bent badly.
Why are you trying to defend these obviously defective legs anyways?
Do you work for JJP? Owners fault………..

#3447 1 year ago

Xmas 2024

#3448 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Also wasn't it you saying stay away from the plastic anything that makes contact with the cabinet is bad news?!

If you are referring to post 3204 that I made. There was no mention of bad news.

Plastic protectors will work ok, they are just not my personal preference these days.

Providing the legs you have been sent are not totally fucked up your game will be ok with plastic protectors.

#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

If you are referring to post 3204 that I made. There was no mention of bad news.
Plastic protectors will work ok, they are just not my personal preference these days.
Providing the legs you have been sent are not totally fucked up your game will be ok with plastic protectors.

Yeah that's the post you said they can cause wrinking that's bad news! And my legs are totally fucked up so how is that going to help?! Nevermind please don't answer I gota go you're giving me a headache

#3450 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Why are you trying to defend these obviously defective legs anyways?
Do you work for JJP? Owners fault………..

I do not work for JJP or CGC.

CGC has integrity and has acknowledged an issue.

JJP never had the balls to do this.

Be reasonable, have a little patience and this will all be sorted out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/69?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.