(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 309.
#3251 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

There are at least a couple of different ways to handle the over-crimped legs. One is to double up the metal protectors or another, as HEP did, use a hex screw to attach the metal protector which both of which will stand-off the leg from the decals. See HEP post below:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/223#post-6933815

I will 100% be doing this, as said before good for HEP good for me. I did looked into the Mantis protectors but there was $50 shipping them and I couldn't Justify it.

#3252 1 year ago

I guess my AFMr is crimped. Didn’t notice before. No damage.

6D608C9D-D2A9-4CF3-844C-2FDF5B23B6FE (resized).jpeg6D608C9D-D2A9-4CF3-844C-2FDF5B23B6FE (resized).jpeg
#3253 1 year ago

I really like the idea of just using regular playfield hex head screws, instead of the counter sunk tiny flatheads, on the metal leg protectors.

This should give plenty of clearance and force the leg open a bit by just simply tightening the leg bolts.

Magically (or mechanically relieving the bend), the leg will open up and not gouge the cabinet.

This will not over stress the nut plate or harm it in any way. They are plenty strong.

Its a simple and elegant solution.

Thanks Chris H. !

I wouldn't hesitate to do this on any of my high end restorations.

Sending in the legs or demanding replacements is just silly with this simple fix.

#3254 1 year ago

My Mantis leg protectors arrived. For comparison, here it is beside the Pinball Life protectors.

The Pinball Life protector is .059 thick. The Mantis is .103 thick.

Dsc_0079_1 (resized).jpgDsc_0079_1 (resized).jpg
#3255 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My Mantis leg protectors arrived. For comparison, here it is beside the Pinball Life protectors.
[quoted image]

Mantis is about to see an uptick in leg protector sales. I purchased a set for myself.

#3256 1 year ago

I made an unboxing video. It's a bit on the long side. Plus it shows removing the head. Let me know what you think.

#3257 1 year ago

Ordered three sets of mantis protectors. They are three weeks backordered btw.

#3258 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

[quoted image]

Did you order the overlap or hidden ?

I see 2 offered on the Mantis Site

Can you clarify please
Thanks

#3259 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Did you order the overlap or hidden ?
I see 2 offered on the Mantis Site
Can you clarify please
Thanks

2 versions?

#3260 1 year ago

One says “hidden”
One says “overlap”

Maybe I’m overthinking this

AE28DEA9-C7A8-4125-91BD-9B9656EDF2A5 (resized).pngAE28DEA9-C7A8-4125-91BD-9B9656EDF2A5 (resized).png
#3261 1 year ago

I'm on the road, and don't have my manual. Can someone tell me the part number of the shooter housing? Guessing it is either 21-6657 or 21-6645. I'm going to powdercoat my game, and would rather not have it out of commission.

#3262 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

One says “hidden”
One says “overlap”
Maybe I’m overthinking this
[quoted image]

I bought the hidden...

#3263 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I bought the hidden...

Appreciate your help

#3264 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I'm on the road, and don't have my manual. Can someone tell me the part number of the shooter housing? Guessing it is either 21-6657 or 21-6645. I'm going to powdercoat my game, and would rather not have it out of commission.

My Manual doesn't break down the shooter housing individual part numbers. In looking at Pinball life's site it should be 21-6645-1. In researching the 21-6657 has a brass sleeve. Thus I'm sticking with 21-6645 because my game has a plastic shooter rod sleeve.

Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#3265 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

My Manual doesn't break down the shooter housing individual part numbers. In looking at Pinball life's site it should be 21-6645-1. In researching the 21-6657 has a brass sleeve. Thus I'm sticking with 21-6645 because my game has a plastic shooter rod sleeve.
Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

The PPS website shows the two part numbers as interchangeable. I'd prefer a brass sleeve: it won't melt in the oven. I'll report back.

#3266 1 year ago

I have put the mantis protectors on and they do keep the legs off the cabinet. I will say that in some spots the legs are close still too the cabinet but I made sure and they do not come in contact.
Up top the protectors keep them way off the cab but down at the bottom around the pinch is where they still come close.
I know someone asked so their ya go. Hope this helps.
FYI you do need to pre drill holes to install the new screws for the bracket as the two holes provided for the original set do not line up. Just incase anyone was wondering.

#3267 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

I've been following this thread closely since the beginning and haven't seen anyone report a hangup issue on the arm of the gold mine yet... Are there suggestions for helping prevent this from happening? Seen it a few times already in game play and since the ball search takes awhile to activate, it really interrupts gameplay. Thanks.[quoted image]

Also had it happen (very rare) on my original CC.
Not much you can adjust afaik, except check the playfield pitch, maybe it's not steep enough..

#3268 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

I have put the mantis protectors on and they do keep the legs off the cabinet.

FYI you do need to pre drill holes to install the new screws for the bracket as the two holes provided for the original set do not line up. Just incase anyone was wondering.

Can you use them in a more temporary way by not predrilling holes to mount them permanently?

#3269 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Can you use them in a more temporary way by not predrilling holes to mount them permanently?

Yeah you do not need to screw them down. You can keep the old ones on and just attach the mantis protector under the leg and bolt down.
Now know that by not screwing the protectors down that they can wiggle with the legs and can cause damage also. IMO i would screw them down, as this is a much needed permanent upgrade/fix.

#3270 1 year ago

Has anyone heard anything from CGC on this issue?

#3271 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Has anyone heard anything from CGC on this issue

man-holding-breath (resized).pngman-holding-breath (resized).png
#3272 1 year ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So I just ordered a set of new W/B legs from pinball life and they are also crimped. I compared them with my other games and ya they are way more pinched than the old ones. So I assume CGC and pinball life and probably Marco get them from the same supplier. Hopefully someone gets a hold of whoever is making these and corrects them.

Got measurements of these deltas?

#3273 1 year ago

I’m gunna put mine into a hyd press & open em up if they are over pressed

#3274 1 year ago

I hear the topper has some kind of mini game. I can’t find much info about it. How does one start the mini game?

#3275 1 year ago

Finally!

20220628_153540 (resized).jpg20220628_153540 (resized).jpg

Took me 3 Gold Mine MBs to get a Motherload Jackpot. Had to really grind to start it a 3rd time. I was so relieved when I finally got one.

Felt good to qualify High Noon and actually hit the mine scoop to start it. I drained after lighting it and thought I was game over, but it was only Ball 2! I was fortunate enough to hit the mine straight from the Ball 3 plunge. Whew!

#3276 1 year ago

Good question....I'd also like to know if anyone has heard anything about the volume issue?

#3277 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

I’m gunna put mine into a hyd press & open em up if they are over pressed

I’ve walloped them with a timber wedge to open them up to, but a press is much more civilised

Another great idea to solve legcrimpgate!

#3278 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

I hear the topper has some kind of mini game. I can’t find much info about it. How does one start the mini game?

Did you read the “How to play the Wild West Shootout topper mini-game” entry under Game Play in the FAQ in the first post?

#3279 1 year ago

Still not sure how I got a ball stuck there, but a search freed it easily.

20220628_180235 (resized).jpg20220628_180235 (resized).jpg
#3280 1 year ago

Has anyone heard anything from CGC recently about ANY issues repeatedly brought up in this thread?

If you have, please post their response.

#3281 1 year ago

Like Simon and Garfunkel I got the Sound of silence!

#3282 1 year ago

Noticed this sticker tonight on my SE. Anybody else see one of these?

PXL_20220629_002825545 (resized).jpgPXL_20220629_002825545 (resized).jpg
#3283 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Has anyone heard anything from CGC recently about ANY issues repeatedly brought up in this thread?
If you have, please post their response.

Dead silence on both my tickets for over a month now. Not sure what the deal is - they were very responsive at one point.

#3284 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Dead silence on both my tickets for over a month now.

I alerted them to George again.

He may be waiting on the engineers for an answer.

Thank you.
LTG : )

#3285 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Noticed this sticker tonight on my SE. Anybody else see one of these?
[quoted image]

Yes, a couple of owners have mentioned these. That’s a playfield lot ID.

#3286 1 year ago

Thank you for those who warned about the leg crimp/decal damaging issue. I made a video about the hex head screw fix.

#3287 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Dead silence on both my tickets for over a month now. Not sure what the deal is - they were very responsive at one point.

Wow thats crazy ! I wonder whats going on with CGC's customer support?

#3288 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Thank you for those who warned about the leg crimp/decal damaging issue. I made a video about the hex head screw fix.

Thanks for making this. I had read Chris’ fix but didn’t quite picture the solution.
Your video is now linked from the FAQ.

#3289 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks for making this. This will be in the FAQ soon. I had read Chris’ fix but didn’t quite picture the solution.

That's awesome! happy to help.
Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#3290 1 year ago

Hi Guys,

I am currently going through the thread and looking at all the issues posted here.
We strive to address every issue before it reaches your home.

I am looking into each and every one of the issues you have brought up here in the thread, and we are working to come up with resolutions.
Please feel free to Private Message me with any questions you have; and I will be happy to address them on an individual basis

Ryan

#3291 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Yes! A simple elegant fix.

Problem solved.

Again, thanks Chris Hutchens for your incredible depth of knowledge and support!

#3292 1 year ago
Quoted from CGC-Ryan:

Hi Guys,
I am currently going through the thread and looking at all the issues posted here.
We strive to address every issue before it reaches your home.
I am looking into each and every one of the issues you have brought up here in the thread, and we are working to come up with resolutions.
Please feel free to Private Message me with any questions you have; and I will be happy to address them on an individual basis
Ryan

Maybe put the hex screws in the leg protectors on the games, until the legs are made properly by the vendor, while they are on the line.

The legs have been sketchy for years now...

Replace the screws? Problem solved.

#3293 1 year ago

I was getting a lot of rejects when the trough popper would activate. I tried power first, then assembly height. What I noticed was that balls seemed to rattle at the end and fall back down. I bent the deflector tab open a bit, and now get zero rejects, even at -1 power.

20220629_140219 (resized).jpg20220629_140219 (resized).jpg
#3294 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

What I noticed was that balls seemed to rattle at the end and fall back down. I bent the deflector tab open a bit, and now get zero rejects, even at -1 power.

Standing on the side of the game and watch a ball coming up. If it rattles or goes back down, and doesn't deflect to shooter lane. Bend the tab out works.

This problem can happen on any game using the Williams ball trough. jjp, American Pinball, or Chicago Gaming.

Not real common, can happen.

LTG : )

#3295 1 year ago

FYI update to my ?s on CGC support, Ryan reached out and dealt with the minor issue I had, resolved it.

#3296 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Maybe put the hex screws in the leg protectors on the games, until the legs are made properly by the vendor, while they are on the line.
The legs have been sketchy for years now...
Replace the screws? Problem solved.

Until we know the permanent fix I have updated the My Game is Here/Set up the Game FAQ entry with a step to change out the screws (and more options in the Issues to watch for section) mostly so I’ll know where to look for the proper screw size

#3297 1 year ago

On my game, the mine VUK will only kick the ball out to the pops about 1 out of every 4 or 5 times - is this the expected behavior? Or is it supposed to go into the pops every time? Sometimes it’s a benefit if it skips the pops if you’re in a timed mode, otherwise it’s not great when it does. I haven’t really diagnosed it in-depth at this point, just curious.

#3298 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

On my game, the mine VUK will only kick the ball out to the pops about 1 out of every 4 or 5 times - is this the expected behavior? Or is it supposed to go into the pops every time? Sometimes it’s a benefit if it skips the pops if you’re in a timed mode, otherwise it’s not great when it does. I haven’t really diagnosed it in-depth at this point, just curious.

I'll pay attention to my gameplay tonight have a few people coming over. Hopefully I get the leg fix in before hand as checking my decals I have a bubble started in the rub area

#3299 1 year ago

PPS back glass showed up today, looks great. Wife saw it and said she was confused, why would I buy a CC back glass? Guess the cat is out of the bag.

#3300 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

CPR back glass showed up today, looks great. Wife saw it and said she was confused, why would I buy a CC back glass? Guess the cat is out of the bag.

Oops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/66?hl=ulekstore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.