(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,422 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 minutes ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 309.
#3151 1 year ago

i operate and never wax modern games. the only time i did (RCT) i spent months having to clean constantly to get the trails of crap off everything as the wax just attracted every bit of dust and dirt in the cabinet.

keeping it clean will help preserve the clearcoat just fine in my experience. my Stern Trek and GB both have well over 20k plays and still look new.

#3152 1 year ago
Quoted from john17a:

Mate did you make this or buy it if bought whereabouts thanks

I made it, 3D printed and painted. All credit goes to Jon9508 for the idea and finding a free model that fits perfectly. Model can be found here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2418854

#3153 1 year ago

Where should the ball feed after hitting Bart? i.e. from the right loop.

Mine is hitting the right sling about 80% of the time. I am thinking it should hit the right flipper instead?

#3154 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Where should the ball feed after hitting Bart? i.e. from the right loop.
Mine is hitting the right sling about 80% of the time. I am thinking it should hit the right flipper instead?

Edit, incorrect info

#3155 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

After hitting Bart, it should feed into the pop bumpers, then eventually roll down from there. Mine goes from there to the left flipper. Bart and the gold mine feed into the pops. Is yours not doing that?

Mine doesn't do this either . Mine feeds to the right

#3156 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Mine doesn't do this either . Mine feeds to the right

Ok, yes, mine feeds to the right, and rolls down to the right flipper. If he needs it to go slightly left, he could maybe tweak the metal ball guide by the gunslinger lane?

#3157 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Ok, yes, mine feeds to the right, and rolls down to the right flipper. If he needs it to go slightly left, he could maybe tweak the metal ball guide by the gunslinger lane?

Thank you, will do.

Finally got my game set up, I'll post pics & details later.

In the meantime, any suggestions on posts that look like the pics below? Quite scuffed, with some rust even.

PXL_20220625_011632557 (resized).jpgPXL_20220625_011632557 (resized).jpgPXL_20220625_011644853 (resized).jpgPXL_20220625_011644853 (resized).jpg
#3158 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Thank you, will do.
In the meantime, any suggestions on posts that look like the pics below? Quite scuffed, with some rust even.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are there a lot like that or just a few? That's not good, hope it's just a few bad standoffs, not a sign of moisture throughout the game

#3159 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

A few others have reported these. Open a ticket with CGC and request new ones. Unfortunately it seems the ticket system has been leaving a lot to be desired so you may need to stay on top of it.

#3160 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Thank you, will do.

My posts weren't that bad, but I just ordered these from MezelMods. They slip over the posts and look amazing along side of the apron guns. They're not that expensive either.

Screenshot_20220625-112842_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220625-112842_Brave (resized).jpg
#3161 1 year ago

Here's a couple pics on my machine. The scaling of the bullets to the apron guns is perfect.

1656171178899631367134331931268 (resized).jpg1656171178899631367134331931268 (resized).jpg16561712316811139895577855476306 (resized).jpg16561712316811139895577855476306 (resized).jpg16561712488303233831075715912510 (resized).jpg16561712488303233831075715912510 (resized).jpg
#3162 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

A few others have reported these. Open a ticket with CGC and request new ones. Unfortunately it seems the ticket system has been leaving a lot to be desired so you may need to stay on top of it.

Yea my game has basically been unplayable for a month , I've had a ticket in since June 1st. I'm to the point where I just wanna sell the game. I wish I could just talk to someone on the phone to solve whatever the issue might be

#3163 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Thank you, will do.

I've scales back on mods, but those bullet post sleeves look pretty good. May give them a "shot."

#3164 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Yea my game has basically been unplayable for a month , I've had a ticket in since June 1st. I'm to the point where I just wanna sell the game. I wish I could just talk to someone on the phone to solve whatever the issue might be

Sorry what exactly is your ticket for ? and this said ticket has been open for a month with no communication from CGC? Do they refuse to fix or are they ignoring you? I

#3165 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sorry what exactly is your ticket for ? and this said ticket has been open for a month with no communication from CGC? Do they refuse to fix or are they ignoring you? I

It's been extremely slow going to get responses. LTG was super nice and actually was able to help me get a response but now I'm waiting on another one. Then I was told that the software they use for tickets was blocking Me from sending the videos and photos they asked for . So then I had to email them directly. Etc etc . Wait time for any sort of response is just very long.

Issues im having :
Bart registers hits on drain and randomly
The ball eject in the Bart assembly continuously fires throughout a game even when no ball is in there. Found a broken piece of metal in there. Sometimes the ball won't eject at all. Gun fight starts and ends immediately before I even get a chance to shoot the target.

#3166 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Thank you, will do.

This is the same thing I opened my ticket about that I have mentioned. Seems crazy an assembly person would not can a complete art that looked like these.

#3167 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

It's been extremely slow going to get responses. LTG was super nice and actually was able to help me get a response but now I'm waiting on another one. Then I was told that the software they use for tickets was blocking Me from sending the videos and photos they asked for . So then I had to email them directly. Etc etc .
Issues im having :
The ball eject in the Bart assembly continuously fires throughout a game even when no ball is in there. Found a broken piece of metal in there. Sometimes the ball won't eject at all. Gun fight starts and ends immediately before I even get a chance to shoot the target.

Sorry you have been stuck with this. It is a great game and I hope you’ll be able to enjoy it too the fullest soon. The Bart issue would cause gunfight to end I think as when I miss the shot and hit Bart it ends.
Is your dealer no help? I know the local dealer (that I don’t use personally) would be sending techs out to resolve an issue like you have.

#3168 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Sorry you have been stuck with this. It is a great game and I hope you’ll be able to enjoy it too the fullest soon. The Bart issue would cause gunfight to end I think as when I miss the shot and hit Bart it ends.
Is your dealer no help? I know the local dealer (that I don’t use personally) would be sending techs out to resolve an issue like you have.

Thanks. I love the actual game when I did get to play it lol. I put in a request to the distributor to see if they can help

#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

It's been extremely slow going to get responses. LTG was super nice and actually was able to help me get a response but now I'm waiting on another one. Then I was told that the software they use for tickets was blocking Me from sending the videos and photos they asked for . So then I had to email them directly. Etc etc . Wait time for any sort of response is just very long.
Issues im having :

Sounds like CGC needs to improve their customer service? In the past they've been pretty responsive to any issues I've had, but that was pre covid. Personally I think customers should get responses within a few days with some sort of game plan to resolve issues.

#3170 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Sounds like CGC needs to improve their customer service? In the past they've been pretty responsive to any issues I've had, but that was pre covid. Personally I think customers should get responses within a few days with some sort of game plan to resolve issues.

I understand why they can't, but I miss the days of calling someone on the phone

#3171 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I understand why they can't, but I miss the days of calling someone on the phone

Totally agree....In the past I've never had an issue with talking to someone on the phone, and all my issues were resolved pretty quickly. Sounds like CGC has cut back customer support or is having problems with their ticket system? Hope u get it worked out soon

#3172 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Totally agree....In the past I've never had an issue with talking to someone on the phone, and all my issues were resolved pretty quickly. Sounds like CGC has cut back customer support

It sure seems like it. Between the resent quality issues (legs messing up the art) and customers getting less then seller customer service It not a good look for CGC. Let's hope this improves. They build great games and in the past have had great service. Need to get back to this.

#3173 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Did you reseat the connectors or just eyeball them? I was having phantom closures on the left ramp with both induction switches--left ramp enter and left ramp exit, made getting combos pretty easy. Changed the values in the test section and that did nothing. Also, there is no info that I could find in the manual on how to test these new switches or how to troubleshoot them. Traced the wires to the small induction board under the playfield and reseated or pushed in each connector and the associated wires. Problem went away, for now anyway. Several of the connectors already had hot glue on them from the factory so my guess is that this issue is probably known at CGC.

It looks like CGC replaced the magnetic reed switches and a number of microswitches with these induction switches--a type of eddy sensor I guess. They look pretty slick and have a low profile. I just hope they work. Has anyone seen these switches on anything else? I haven't noticed them in the other CGC games.

#3174 1 year ago

If anyone is looking for someone to paint the shapeways link from earlier in the thread ZenBrushStudio from Etsy painted the ones I ordered. He did a super job. $25.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ZenBrushStudio?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1167146961

696857BC-D8A2-4AD1-9EAE-75A9642C1DDE (resized).jpeg696857BC-D8A2-4AD1-9EAE-75A9642C1DDE (resized).jpeg
#3175 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I believe your issue is booted up to the engineers or in need of parts ? ( if you reseated the connectors ) Which I can't do.

Call the phone number on the website weekdays during business hours. Hit "O" for operator. Ask for George Bork.

LTG : )

#3176 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe your issue is booted up to the engineers or in need of parts ? ( if you reseated the connectors ) Which I can't do.
Call the phone number on the website weekdays during business hours. Hit "O" for operator. Ask for George Bork.

Connectors have been checked. I followed all of the wires from the Bart ejector to the board and pulled them off and reseated them. I did find a broken piece of metal but can't tell what it's from

#3177 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I did find a broken piece of metal but can't tell what it's from

I saw that. No idea, and I doubt it's part of your problem.

#3178 1 year ago

Finally got CCr SE set up last night. I had been out of town on a family trip, so was delayed a week and a half.

Serial 1784, built 5/23/22

Plays great out of the box, with a couple minor annoyances:
- Legs contact cabinet; added felt for now, with Mantis cabinet protectors on the way.
- A few poor quality metal posts, pics up thread a little bit. Will open a ticket on these.

Despite those issues, I have zero regrets. This game is FUN, and will be sticking around for a while.

Shaker motor is installed (awesome), with alternate art blades & translite on the way. I prefer the LE art blades, btw, but since they are not available I went with the alt ones. I'm not big into mods but hate blank sides and need blades of some sort to complete the look.

At today's NIB prices, I don't see a better value anywhere. I posted about it when placing my order, but I passed on TS4 CE in favor of this, and couldn't be happier to have an extra $7k in my pocket. At $4k below an LE, it is still a no brainer.

PXL_20220625_125832552 (resized).jpgPXL_20220625_125832552 (resized).jpgPXL_20220625_125844665 (resized).jpgPXL_20220625_125844665 (resized).jpgPXL_20220625_181347164 (resized).jpgPXL_20220625_181347164 (resized).jpg
#3179 1 year ago

My mirrored backglass just arrived. Overall, I think it is stunning. Here are a few pictures.

Firstly, here it is laying in the package:
IMG_20220625_113045_2251.JPGIMG_20220625_113045_2251.JPG

Here it is just temporarily put in my Twilight Zone. This machine is in a dark room and has incandescent bulbs (555) in it:
IMG_20220625_113418_2252.JPGIMG_20220625_113418_2252.JPG

With that said, when I get up close, there are a few things that bother me. From a player's distance, I don't think these are really noticeable, though. There are some scratches that are not on the outside of the glass. They appear to be between the interior side of the glass and the art:
IMG_20220625_113440_2253.JPGIMG_20220625_113440_2253.JPG

The print is a bit grainy, but maybe that is how the original is:
IMG_20220625_113505_2254.JPGIMG_20220625_113505_2254.JPG

There is some jaggedness around some things that looks like aliasing. It is pretty easy to see on the edges of the text on the Sheriff's wanted sign:
IMG_20220625_113535_2255.JPGIMG_20220625_113535_2255.JPG

#3180 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Finally got CCr SE set up last night. I had been out of town on a family trip, so was delayed a week and a half.
Serial 1784, built 5/23/22
Plays great out of the box, with a couple minor annoyances:
- Legs contact cabinet; added felt for now, with Mantis cabinet protectors on the way.
- A few poor quality metal posts, pics up thread a little bit. Will open a ticket on these.
Despite those issues, I have zero regrets. This game is FUN, and will be sticking around for a while.
Shaker motor is installed (awesome), with alternate art blades & translite on the way. I prefer the LE art blades, btw, but since they are not available I went with the alt ones. I'm not big into mods but hate blank sides and need blades of some sort to complete the look.
At today's NIB prices, I don't see a better value anywhere. I posted about it when placing my order, but I passed on TS4 CE in favor of this, and couldn't be happier to have an extra $7k in my pocket. At $4k below an LE, it is still a no brainer.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

I ordered the same leg protectors as well just in case.

Richard

#3181 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Looks great!
Richard

sure would be nice if CGC included some felt leg protectors with the game. Other manufacturers do

#3182 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Richard

Incase you ever get your game ?

#3183 1 year ago

Scoring question

When the ball rolls out of the pop bumpers (to the left, under the left ramp), is it normal for that switch to register a Bart hit?

#3184 1 year ago

Well I finally made it out to play CCR SE at Pinball Petes in Ann Arbor today. I only was able to play one game before I had to leave, was with the family and we had other things to do also constant stream of people on the game as well. My one game on it did not last long but I did notice the flippers seemed mushy. Not sure what was going on there. I tried shooting the middle ramp and both times couldn't even make it up the ramp. I looked at the legs to see if there was bubbling and there was! I was not able to see the back of the machine to see build date but I did take a couple pictures. The first pic is of the bubbling on the front leg. The second picture is of the leg touching the cabinet at the back. When looking down at the top of the legs you can definitely see the legs are not bent correctly. I compared them to a Stern machine that was next to it and you could see a clear difference. I also looked at my MMR SE at home and my legs don't touch the cabinet. Hopefully they get this problem fixed before the LE's are made.

ccr 1 circle (resized).jpgccr 1 circle (resized).jpgccr 2 circle (resized).jpgccr 2 circle (resized).jpg

#3185 1 year ago

Played CCR for the first time at Pintastic. Only got a few games. Seemed really fun but how does it last? What do you guys like and not like about it?

#3186 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Well I finally made it out to play CCR SE at Pinball Petes in Ann Arbor today. I only was able to play one game before I had to leave, was with the family and we had other things to do also constant stream of people on the game as well. My one game on it did not last long but I did notice the flippers seemed mushy. Not sure what was going on there. I tried shooting the middle ramp and both times couldn't even make it up the ramp. I looked at the legs to see if there was bubbling and there was! I was not able to see the back of the machine to see build date but I did take a couple pictures. The first pic is of the bubbling on the front leg. The second picture is of the leg touching the cabinet at the back. When looking down at the top of the legs you can definitely see the legs are not bent correctly. I compared them to a Stern machine that was next to it and you could see a clear difference. I also looked at my MMR SE at home and my legs don't touch the cabinet. Hopefully they get this problem fixed before the LE's are made.

Thanks for posting.
CGC should now be well aware of this critical failure.
I am surprised even shocked that this problem has managed to slip through QA ???

Easy fix
Stern Pinball use them or similar.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0599-00
No decal leg wrinkling complaints that I am aware of there.

Again I am strongly against plastic and felt protectors. Use at your own risk.

#3187 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thanks for posting.
I am surprised even shocked that this problem has managed to slip through QA ???
Easy fix

These look like a good solution to the problem. Wonder why you're strongly against felt or plastic protectors? I've used both on a minimum of 30 games and they work great.

So from what I can tell the sound and the decal issues are ones CGC has NOT addressed yet (I'm sure theres others)? I just turned on my AFMRLE at its loud on level 8. Also does CGC's have actual new hardware that allows for software updates or do u need an actual chip from CGC?

#3188 1 year ago

Mirrored back glass arrived today and it looks amazing so far. They did a very good job of packing it as well.
Hopefully my LE is not far behind....

IMG_3614 (resized).jpgIMG_3614 (resized).jpg
#3189 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thanks for posting.
Easy fix

CGC has them on the games, it’s the over-crimping of the legs that’s the problem.

#3190 1 year ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/137944

LEs In Stock for $8000

Hmmm I think he clicked the wrong game

#3191 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Easy fix

How are these any different than what CGC uses? If the legs are the issue different protectors may not make a difference.

#3192 1 year ago

Has anyone put the Mezel Mods train station, beer mug mods on their CC yet? I ordered them and they look great, but just curious how they would stand out, especially the train station possibly blocking Bart’s head. I don’t have my pin yet, but I thought I would get an early jump on the game. If so, would you mind posting a pic of the mods in your pin?

In the words of the Temptations….I ain’t too proud to beg!

#3193 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

How are these any different than what CGC uses? If the legs are the issue different protectors may not make a difference.

The stern ones are probably twice as thick I originally thought that was the problem till my wife pointed out the crimp. I dont have another CGC to compare but most other owners have said there other games titles have no damage. Tho 1 owner said he had damage on a AFMLE. I'm gona order some soon if CGC doesn't send me out new legs they checked the tolerance on just so I can get it back on it's legs.

#3194 1 year ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Mirrored back glass arrived today and it looks amazing so far. They did a very good job of packing it as well.

What does the wording say in the bottom middle?

#3195 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What does the wording say in the bottom middle?

8A89CE9E-A27B-489A-BDF2-BA32B13E8556 (resized).jpeg8A89CE9E-A27B-489A-BDF2-BA32B13E8556 (resized).jpeg
#3196 1 year ago

For those that have other CGC remake LEs - were the leg bolts powder coated to match the legs?

#3197 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have other CGC remake LEs - were the leg bolts powder coated to match the legs?

No, AFM LE was not. I don't think any pinball companies color match the bolts.

#3198 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nope....not on any of my remakes

#3199 1 year ago

Received my SE this past Friday and really enjoying it. Unfortunately the cab decals have some issues out of the box which I'm not happy about. I've included pics and submitted a ticket.

PXL_20220623_233948538 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_233948538 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_233951030 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_233951030 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_233953304 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_233953304 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_234004964 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_234004964 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_234216613 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_234216613 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_234235565 (resized).jpgPXL_20220623_234235565 (resized).jpg
#3200 1 year ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Scoring question
When the ball rolls out of the pop bumpers (to the left, under the left ramp), is it normal for that switch to register a Bart hit?

I thought the same thing for a while. However, if you pay close attention, it's not registering a hit, it just triggers the current Bart to taunt you with a callout and the head will move. But definitely not registering a hit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Trade
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,422 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.